Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:35:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Give me your buy, sell or neutral ratings on the following cryptocurrencies:  (Read 1420 times)
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 12:02:56 PM

Bitcoin - Hold (The best investment ever, why would you sell?!)
Ethereum - Buy
Ripple - Hold (If you can't buy more – it will be worth more in the near future)
Litecoin - Sell (Why the hell would you buy a hard pumped coin 'from 0.003BTC to 0.019BTC!')
NEM -Buy
Dash - Hold
Ethereum Classic - Neutral
Monero - Buy (It's a big buy!)
Golem - Sell
Augur - Sell
Dogecoin - Hold
MaidSafeCoin - Buy while it's still cheap
Steem - Neutral
Zcash - Hold
Factom - Sell
Decred - Buy (Potential pump in the near future)
PIVX - Buy

I just modified your list to suit the current values at the markets.

Just to be clear how do you justify that comment on LTC but put a buy next to NEM and not put that comment next to almost 50 of the others.
I am a big fan of NEM although I am NEMless now but it is looking like a hold at best at this stage buying in after the last week looks risky.

Just so that I understand your reasoning here. If pushed I would agree with you on some of those.

sportis

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Veni, Vidi, Vici

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 12:20:44 PM

Buy bitcoin, sell all the others.  That's my advice, and it'll be the same advice 5 years from now, when your list is populated with shitcoins-du-jour having different names.  They're all shitty and they all should be sold to buy bitcoin.

I don't understand how you can say what you did. I preface this by saying I'm a newb just wanting to have constructive conversation and educate myself on the facts. Is the underlying tech of some of the altcoins not much better than bitcoin (litecoin as an example)? Only reason bitcoin is stronger right now is brand name/network effect or is that not correct?

The average block time of the 2.5 min of ltc against 10 min in btc does not make it a better crypto currency but the imminent segwit adoption yes. If ltc was better than btc its price would be raised some years ago and not last month. Except that, my advice is keep your btc buy ltc due to segwit and monero due to its features concerning the privacy.
hankyulpark

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

https://boscoin.io

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2017, 12:22:12 PM

BTC - Buy. Looks like that we will have a continuous rise in price over this year. Of course, it will go down sometimes, but the trend is going to be upward.
ETH - Neutral. I really don't know if ETH has more room to grow because of its inflation rate (munber of new coins deployed in the market every day). To it value continues to grow, it's necessary a massive inflow of new money.

▂▃▅▆█ https://boscoin.io █▆▅▃▂
Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 12:30:32 PM

Nothing should be a serious buy at this point as they're all in a bubble and they're all going to pop "soonish". Keeping your exposure limited is the key to the game right now.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
ratatatat

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 12:58:22 PM

Buy bitcoin, sell all the others.  That's my advice, and it'll be the same advice 5 years from now, when your list is populated with shitcoins-du-jour having different names.  They're all shitty and they all should be sold to buy bitcoin.

I don't understand how you can say what you did. I preface this by saying I'm a newb just wanting to have constructive conversation and educate myself on the facts. Is the underlying tech of some of the altcoins not much better than bitcoin (litecoin as an example)? Only reason bitcoin is stronger right now is brand name/network effect or is that not correct?

The average block time of the 2.5 min of ltc against 10 min in btc does not make it a better crypto currency but the imminent segwit adoption yes. If ltc was better than btc its price would be raised some years ago and not last month. Except that, my advice is keep your btc buy ltc due to segwit and monero due to its features concerning the privacy.

segwit adoption won't bring dramatic advantages. Segwit isn't worth a pump. It's overhyped. There are alts which already adopted it (i think syscoin?). Market didn't care because segwit in a coin with empty blocks makes absolutely no sense.
Segwit in LTC for the sake of segwit will not raise the price imo. Market is irrational but not that dumb.
NoiseBoy

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Sound. Fury. Signifying.

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 04:01:10 PM

Bitcoin - Hold
Ethereum - Lean bullish
Ripple - Sell as of now, neutral-to-bullish long term
Litecoin - Accumulate
NEM - bullish
Dash - Neutral-to-bearish; definitely over valued at current level