Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 11:19:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CCminer palgin's mod (alexis78 fork)  (Read 10160 times)
djeZo

Activity: 588
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 09:33:18 AM

What you most likely did to achieve high speed is to make buckets smaller. This can of course greatly speed up everything, and displayed iterations are high, but on pool, you will get slow speed. These buckets sizes are there for a reason and not something you can simply shed off and benefit.

I also don't understand why would you have pool issues; equihash protocol is standardized, every pool works if it follows official zcash stratum specifications.

Also, we have released the source under GPL v3 and you are obligated to disclose full source when distributing the bins...

Yes, you're right, that's exactly what I've done and found that won't work the right way, I'm still learning and practicing my skills, sorry for practicing on your work, which is highly appreciated by me. I've already removed the bins, think it's time to try to write my own kernels from the scratch, SKL and MKL versions.

I don't mind you work on my work, in fact, I encourage it. Sadly, nobody picked up yet. But what I don't like is people breaking the license we put in with a purpose. You can mod as much as you like, but you have to disclose the source.

anatolikostis
Legendary

Activity: 2026
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 09:33:39 AM

timetravel-algo seems to be broken
got "booo" (low difficulty share) with palgin`s mod ccminer only  Sad
sp_
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 09:41:56 AM

I don't mind you work on my work, in fact, I encourage it. Sadly, nobody picked up yet. But what I don't like is people breaking the license we put in with a purpose. You can mod as much as you like, but you have to disclose the source.

Why don't you opensource the latest changes in excavegator. The opensource nheqminer is 10% slower..

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
palgin (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2017, 10:28:59 AM

timetravel-algo seems to be broken
got "booo" (low difficulty share) with palgin`s mod ccminer only  Sad

Did you choose -a option correctly? In my mod -a timetravel is original one and -a timetravel10 is for BitCore...

BTC tips welcome: 16DHzyuqenEoHRA3w3YVGcYSDSHks7mor4
OZR

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

You're in my wonderland!

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 10:49:31 AM
Last edit: May 09, 2017, 01:02:53 PM by OZR

This is key gap in GPL. Instead of being a single standard (like BSD-Sockets or POSIX), most programmers are forced to write a new solution from scratch every time. Year after year. Because a lot of opensource stuff can be only "GPL opensource stuff". Religion fanatic wars for "freedom", where not freedom. Not public domain license.

I ask once again to think each programmer over licensing wars and stop writing the GPL. And start write Public Domain stuff for each human. Otherwise, we will continue to write shit code for decades (Just for fun!) without achieving a good result, while having hundreds of weak solutions.
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 10:58:35 AM

This is key gap in GPL. Instead of being a single standard (like BSD-Sockets or POSIX), most programmers are forced to write a new solution from scratch every time. Year after year. Because a lot of opensource stuff can be only "GPL opensource stuff". Religion fanatic wars for "freedom", where not freedom. Not public domain license.

I ask once again to think each programmer over licensing wars and stop writing the GPL. And start write Public Domain stuff for each human. Otherwise, we will continue to write shit code for decades (Just for fan!) without achieving a good result, while having hundreds of weak solutions.

I don't see what's wrong with "I publish my work with sources for free and want others, who build upon it, do the same".
Otherwise, people would just sell open work with little or no modifications.
If everybody publishes the sources, there is no violation and everybody is free to do what they want.

sp_
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 01:08:28 PM

Nobody want's to buy if the speed isn't improved.

When you optimize you often you need to try 10 different approaches to gain speed, so a few lines of code can take 100hours to make. because the 9 first attempts didn't work.

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 01:19:19 PM

Nobody want's to buy if the speed isn't improved.

When you optimize you often you need to try 10 different approaches to gain speed, so a few lines of code can take 100hours to make. because the 9 first attempts didn't work.

It wasn't directed to you: you know how much you worked on the code, I don't need to teach you anything.
Still, the license is the license.

djeZo

Activity: 588
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 01:21:24 PM

Why don't you opensource the latest changes in excavegator. The opensource nheqminer is 10% slower..

I think you easily know which changes I did, no need to pretend something...

sp_
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 01:31:14 PM

I think you easily know which changes I did, no need to pretend something...

Did you implement the todo: in the code?

ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2017, 04:22:05 PM

In case anyone is interested, i've added support on suprnova (currently ZEC & KMD) for this miner variant as well...

Is it still available for download ?

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1796
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2017, 07:20:44 PM

In case anyone is interested, i've added support on suprnova (currently ZEC & KMD) for this miner variant as well...

Is it still available for download ?

THE BINARIES HAVE BEEN REMOVED--

Palgin may revisit the project later.  He stated from the start that it was a test project.       --scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
openheart

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 03:36:21 AM

Just my testing:

http://i63.tinypic.com/2r6377c.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/2pplu0h.jpg

Speed in Windows is differently showed on pool.

This mining tool is currently highest number for my card than others!
ntym

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 05:49:43 PM

I got "Unable to query number of CUDA devices! Is an nVidia driver installed?" on latest release 1.1.1
Never got that before, previous release is ok.
startsts

Activity: 1092
Merit: 273

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 06:02:28 AM

Could be a great project, if it supports so many algos, but currently has lower hashrate than "ccminer alexis"

Etherion

Activity: 512
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 02:20:51 AM

keep up the good work! Wink
BitBoyHH

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 12:50:07 PM

Does  anyone have a copy of palgins mod?
Cant find it on github any more

Thx
Tikilou

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:58:03 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2018, 02:25:29 AM by Tikilou

BitBoyHH

Activity: 5

View Profile