Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:29:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Religion slowly dying?  (Read 5408 times)
Eternu (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 10:59:27 AM

More and more i come across people who say that they do not believe in God and religion teachings. Atheistic population is starting to get bigger and bigger. Does this mean that it is time for religion to die, or maybe it is time to evolve in something else? Maybe Buddhism is becoming worlds religion, or maybe it will be some mixture of Europe religions and Buddhism? I am interested what do you guys think, what are your views on matter and what do you think will happen in future? Will there be no religion, or maybe some kind of other teaching?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 12:34:13 PM

When you look at the definition of "religion," you will find that religion will only die if all the people die, or if the definition is changed - http://www.dictionary.com/browse/religion?s=t.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
JerryWinski

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 02:17:59 PM

BADecker is just saying that we atheists are also a religion so even if everyone stopped believing in fairy tales we would still hold a belief. I suppose that belief would be in ourselves as individuals. I think that's a very healthy religion if you can call it that. I think its something else. I think its enlightenment.
lockept93

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2017, 02:29:28 PM

I think the religion groups will slowly dying, but not the believing in something higher itself.
Many people leave the church, but they still believe in god.

Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 04:10:28 PM

Nothing wrong with religion. Bigotry is the problem. Trying to wipe out religion without definite proof it's  a problem is itself Bigotry.

pozmu

Activity: 770
Merit: 504

(っ◔◡◔)っ🍪

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 04:13:46 PM

Yes it is.
Something like Buddhism/ scientology has a chance to become world's leading "religion".

hawthelegend

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 04:32:53 PM

I too believe that. Sad to say but true.
People nowadays choose the world rather than choose eternal life.
And teams up together then makes up so much excuses just to justify their selves.
This is reality. I dont have anything against this, it just saddens me. It really does.
But i cant do nothing about it, preach to a closed mind or heart, then you get insulted.
Have friends like these., and i choose not to shove my beliefs to them but just pray for them. Its the only thing i can do. I only tell them once. Then done. If they believe, or if I happen to reach their hearts them good, if not, and i get insulted, i pray for them. Ar least i tried.
This is hard for someone like me who believes. Not because of my pride, or my religion getting insulted, but for all the souls that has gotten lost. It saddens me that i cant do anything to save people that I get to see and talk to everyday. So much more with my friends. But all i can do is pray. And so i will pray for everyone to came back some point in their lives. That someday they would realize that having faith in GOD is the only gamble in life that can give you a win win result, that when you believe and happens to be true, you get saved. And if it happens that the GOD i worship is just a childish illusion, at least you have been a good person, a blessing to others by following the morals and golden teaching of the bible..

I hope this long random things that i said reaches your hearts and burns a fire in you..
I believe despite the uncertainties, i believe despite the negation of evidences, i believe despite all
the temptaions, i believe despite the heaviest burdens in my life today, i believe despite having no trace of the one I follow and worship. I believe. And i will continue to believe because a part in my brain that handles my emotions tells me to.

I hope this doesnt gather any hate from anyone.
Peace out.
curiosity1

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 06:38:22 PM

I think that, as people are faced less with death and illness, they turn away from religion. Today many happily live until a very old age. There is just less need for the kind of comfort that religion provides us with.
frankbit

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 07:40:03 PM

I think that, as people are faced less with death and illness, they turn away from religion. Today many happily live until a very old age. There is just less need for the kind of comfort that religion provides us with.
Religion is not slowly, but quickly dies. I think that it is for this reason that in recent years more and more we see the hidden advertising of religion. The more educated people are the less they believe in fairy tales.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 08:07:52 PM

Religion is not slowly, but quickly dies. I think that it is for this reason that in recent years more and more we see the hidden advertising of religion. The more educated people are the less they believe in fairy tales.

Religion is not dying. The focus of religion is simply changing.

In the past, religion was focused on God. Now it is focused on the science fiction made up by people. Here is what I mean.

Science theory is theory because it does not have enough evidence to prove that it is fact. Consider Big Bang Theory. It is not known to be fact, and it probably will never be known to be fact. Yet look at how many people around the world talk like they believe it is fact, based on some probability calculations, that are not known to be correct. Looks like science is becoming a religion.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
yokosan

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 10:06:25 PM

religious rules changing every day. this fix is very difficult. in the States religion is no longer unable to control.
new religions begin to form. fact, the basis of all religions (beliefs) do a favor, to approach with respect and love.
crypto.classroom

Activity: 79

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2017, 10:10:51 PM

religion can't die. Religion is in our genes.  if there were no religion people would invent it as a natural part of being human beings.
nachius

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 10:14:08 PM

What if humans didn't have moral lines drawn? It's depressing to know that one day I will die and never exist again; why believe it? It's hard to believe that humans were an accident, or were a product of what was once molecules floating in space.

Religion will never die out. Humans have done this into past, they try to drift away from what's right, and they end up far worse than before. It's the only thing keeping our secular world sane.
VapeOil

Activity: 89

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 10:16:36 PM

Yes it is.
Something like Buddhism/ scientology has a chance to become world's leading "religion".

What would be the point of a church for Atheists? Who would they pray to? This doesn't make sense. Maybe its a cult or something there.
VapeOil

Activity: 89

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 10:20:24 PM

What if humans didn't have moral lines drawn? It's depressing to know that one day I will die and never exist again; why believe it? It's hard to believe that humans were an accident, or were a product of what was once molecules floating in space.

Religion will never die out. Humans have done this into past, they try to drift away from what's right, and they end up far worse than before. It's the only thing keeping our secular world sane.

Morals are just us regular people following laws. Religion is no different. The bible is just a book of laws with some history thrown into the mix. Sure it has morals but who follows them? Turn the other cheek and love thy neighbour etc.. No one follows those morals just the ones about not killing and any others that carry prison sentences.

Ardhi

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 11:20:35 PM

I thinking the same cause every people just thnking about logic or something who can proff by science. they faith become weakness time by time. even they start to unbelieve anyone to get succed to everything. they just believe them self
leademepls

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 11:21:13 PM

Materialism is the killer of religion. In that context the only religion you can say is dying for certain(at least ATM) is Christianity, because it's mostly present in the richer countries of the world. There are other religions like Islam for example that are thriving in my opinion. Fundamentalists are doing a great job of channeling the frustration of the low standard of life in the 3rd world countries, and turning it into religious zeal.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 02:08:58 AM

Materialism is the killer of religion. In that context the only religion you can say is dying for certain(at least ATM) is Christianity, because it's mostly present in the richer countries of the world. There are other religions like Islam for example that are thriving in my opinion. Fundamentalists are doing a great job of channeling the frustration of the low standard of life in the 3rd world countries, and turning it into religious zeal.

But religion can be anything, even materialism.    Cool

Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 03:45:51 AM

What would be the point of a church for Atheists? Who would they pray to? This doesn't make sense. Maybe its a cult or something there.
People do things in church other than pray, which you'd know if you've ever actually set foot in one.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
yokosan

Activity: 700

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 08:36:31 AM

People do things in church other than pray, which you'd know if you've ever actually set foot in one.
it's not enough to just pray. the respect between people should never hurt. religion is a part of life. can't be human without faith. because there is a God. created us.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: