Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:08:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Religion slowly dying?  (Read 5408 times)
dirokkl

Activity: 235
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 08:46:12 AM

I am sure that in a few years the religion will disappear altogether. Modern people do not need to be slaves of religion, they are building their own lives.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Magpieguy

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 09:48:20 AM

Yes. Too many nutters involved in it. All faiths.
sweerty1

Activity: 453
Merit: 251

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 10:41:46 AM

I think yes it is dying, people prefer to be humanist and secular, day after day.
I think there wont be religious majority in 100 years.

▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
█████▀▀  ▀▀█████
█▀▀          ▀▀█
     ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
 ▀▀██████████▀▀
     ▀▀██▀▀
INVESTA████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
     ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
█████▀▀  ▀▀█████
█▀▀          ▀▀█
     ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
 ▀▀██████████▀▀
     ▀▀██▀▀
Challenger2015

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 11:02:17 AM

Religion will die necessarily. It is impossible to deceive people and not to bear for it responsibility. People understand that there is no God and even those who sincerely believed in him and waited for help from him. Who will believe long. Besides, I think that the recent increase in scandals with pastors testify that even they don't believe in God.
Karloff

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 11:38:38 AM

Religion is no longer needed by most people and they will not impose it on their children. Thus, after several generations, it will be remembered only as a terrible fairy tale.
Machanto

Activity: 63

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 04:02:23 PM

In western countries generally people are slowly turning their backs on religion, secularism has taken place in Europe and North America for quite a while and due to that people in the end became less pious. In the end they honored only a few religious traditions. Christianity in the western world is getting replaced with atheism but in the rest of the world religion is still going strong. After all we still have people declaring jihad still  Grin (although it is clearly not for religious reasons and more about geopolitical ones some would call it a "casus belli")
withche.07

Activity: 549
Merit: 259

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 04:25:17 PM

Religious people are bery conservative among society, so I believe religion is not dying, they wont allow it to die.

[]
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████▀               █████▄
▄██████▀       ▀███████   █████▄
▄█████▀  ▄    █▄   ▀██▀  ▄  █████▄
████▀  ▄██  █  ███▄    ▄███  █████
▄███  ▄████ ███  ██▀     ▀███  ████▄
███         ▀███    ▄███▄   ▀█  ████
███  ████▄            ▀▀▀██▄     ███
████  ████ ████▀    █▄▄▄         ███
▀████  ██  ██▀  ▄██  ███▀▀      ███▀
█████  █  ▀  ▄████▀    ▄██▀  ▄████
▀█████     ▄█▀▀    ▄  ██▀  ▄█████▀
▀█████       ▄▄█████    ▄██████▀
▀█████               ▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████▀               █████▄
▄██████▀       ▀███████   █████▄
▄█████▀  ▄    █▄   ▀██▀  ▄  █████▄
████▀  ▄██  █  ███▄    ▄███  █████
▄███  ▄████ ███  ██▀     ▀███  ████▄
███         ▀███    ▄███▄   ▀█  ████
███  ████▄            ▀▀▀██▄     ███
████  ████ ████▀    █▄▄▄         ███
▀████  ██  ██▀  ▄██  ███▀▀      ███▀
█████  █  ▀  ▄████▀    ▄██▀  ▄████
▀█████     ▄█▀▀    ▄  ██▀  ▄█████▀
▀█████       ▄▄█████    ▄██████▀
▀█████               ▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
[|]
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1367

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 09:06:07 PM

Religion is no longer needed by most people and they will not impose it on their children. Thus, after several generations, it will be remembered only as a terrible fairy tale.

Religion is at the very heart and soul of all people. If they suggest that they don't want or need religion, or that religion is gone out of their lives, that, then, is their religion.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Old God

Activity: 434
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 07:18:37 AM

Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich - Napoleon Bonaparte,

I hope some days religion will die and ppl will be happy without it
sunkiller

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 09:25:25 AM

Well they are just about to finish building a brand new mosque near my neighborhood, and bear in mind that there are almost no Muslims living around here. So I'd say some religions are not dying, in fact they are doing quite ok.
cryptotalk

Activity: 91

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 09:52:08 AM

There certainly seems to be an age gap with people who actually attend mass on a regular basis, with the majority being older people and attendance numbers also in decline. There is also an issue with the number of new priests joining the church with many parishes simply not replacing retiring ones. Some of the scandals featuring church abuse and cover ups for years have turned people off and rightly so.

It does help to believe in something and have some values in life, but not sure if structured way religion is at the moment will still be here in 100 years from now.
LuckyMan2017

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 12:39:48 PM

Religion will never die, sadly human stupidity either (not related with anything here, talking globally).

When you consider that modern world stands on money, modern slaves (we pay tax to something what does not exist - country, which is again controled by people which by the way you again pick and who then control you, is basicly insanity, and people call that normal and believe in that, saying that capitalism is good?? Please), then you realize that capitalism can not live forever. Reason? People will sooner or later ruin themself or this world, because greed seems to be over humanity, and people go so far that they dont care about other, planet, surviving, they will do all for profit what measures sooner or later as massive fail, so capitalism will fail sooner or later, or probably planet will.

On the other side, if people believe or not in religion fact is, that you are connected, you are not empty, and sooner or later in your life will happen something (love, miracle, or weird things which seems like you knew it will happen) that will show you that there is something and that we are here with reason, and that each individual has more meaning than just collect money, and ruin this world with capitalism.

If I would love money, and believe this is best what we can do, and that I have no meaning, I would feel sorry for myself. Religion will not die, at least not for those who use logic.
Lampaster

Activity: 406
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 12:55:50 PM

Well they are just about to finish building a brand new mosque near my neighborhood, and bear in mind that there are almost no Muslims living around here. So I'd say some religions are not dying, in fact they are doing quite ok.
Muslims really are increasing their presence, but due to the fact that they pay less attention to education and more than teaching religion. You can't stop progress, and eventually Muslims too will get a decent education and Islam along with other religions will cease to exist.
diamondblend23

Activity: 105

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 01:26:40 PM

no,muslims is very active Undecided
Bubusak

Activity: 94

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 02:52:24 PM

Religion will not die. This is the first idea that has combined people. The first printed book was the Bible. People fought and died because of their belief in the function of religion. Modern people recognize facts and science. Religion is unfounded, based only on understanding, thought, and conviction. I do not believe in God, and even if I believe, I would not want to be part of any religion.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  ✔   ▶▶▶▶ Get Your Free Tokens Now ◀◀◀◀  First PoS Smart Contract Token
▓    PoSToken   ▓  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  ✔  ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
bustedsynx

Activity: 859
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 02:56:54 PM

Religion will not die. This is the first idea that has combined people. The first printed book was the Bible. People fought and died because of their belief in the function of religion. Modern people recognize facts and science. Religion is unfounded, based only on understanding, thought, and conviction. I do not believe in God, and even if I believe, I would not want to be part of any religion.

It's only in the West, trust me. In Asia, every aspect of their life is embued with religious meanings and purposes.

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade crypto with FTX - 5% off fees with this link
MintCondition
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 03:04:32 PM

It's only in the West, trust me. In Asia, every aspect of their life is embued with religious meanings and purposes.

I agree. Religion is the life of most Asian. They live with purpose and believing on God is their ultimate purpose in life as well as me. Religion is not dying. OP is just blind for not seeing the truth that religion is everywhere even at this point.

pozmu

Activity: 770
Merit: 504

(っ◔◡◔)っ🍪

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 09:44:02 PM

What would be the point of a church for Atheists? Who would they pray to? This doesn't make sense. Maybe its a cult or something there.

I remember reading it was supposed to be some kind of forum for people to talk about their problems and successes, to listen what some interesting persons have to say etc. They are temples of Confucius in Asia, so apparently there can be church without god.

brenderson

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 11:34:39 AM

Whenever it comes the question: why people is religious? ... it comes to me answer that i found in a book about Mao Tse Tung: ...
Mao's father was not religious as his wife was .... one day he was walking and singing on a path in the field ... a tiger jumped before him ... wow .. he runs runs runs and runs home: woman woman: where is buddha and all that stuff, bring me temple here ... lol ....!
That is evolution: tiger wants food, tse tung wants to survive ... scare of the evolution makes god.... my broadest definition of god is: "god is anything that is missing to anyone, anywhere, anytime, .... so, god is a word, as any word .... evolution is stronger than god .. evolution is action and god is reaction .... omg ... hahahaha ... i am trying secular god to presume ... hahaha .. i become action and evolution reacts fiercely in opposite direction ... hahaha. of my gourd .. lol
LuckyMan2017

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 12:16:54 PM

Well strong evolution where we have capitalism and call ourself free beings, while we live in capitalism, who basicly restricts evolution, holds people in cage and makes them slaves. That is for someone evolution? First we must then open eyes and see that we live in "modern version of totalitarianism and feudalism" with slightly changed roles. One third is tax, kings are presidents, prime ministers are lords etc etc. Do I need to go on? Do you see how much is same, but nicely renamed? You still think we are so free? In what way? We just believe we are.

Religion is what you sense and what you feel, not only your hopes and your desire or need. Need leeds to greed, your sense and feeling not, if is clean and honest. So I believe in religion, not because what people tell or church, its because what I feel, and sense. Every person must and do sense something sooner or later.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: