Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:42:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Received BFL Jalapeño Today!  (Read 40241 times)
Tehfiend

Activity: 491
Merit: 514

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 05:02:37 AM

No, the proper translation is: I'm not feeling like arguing with stupid.  Check back later, maybe my mood will have changed.

Try understanding the basics of what you're posting before you post, you might get a more comprehensive response.  The fact that you have no idea what you're talking about makes it hard to even know where to start.

I'm very surprised that you don't have the time to post an update to all of your customers but you somehow find the time to type out all of these responses that have ZERO content and add ZERO value to the discussion. Maybe after a good nights sleep you'll be able to actually explain why I don't understand the basics of what I'm posting. I'll be waiting...
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 05:07:04 AM

Right now, you are the face (some might say ass) of BFL on these boards. If you actually want to protect and grow your business, then you should hire an real PR person. If you have no business to protect, well then I guess you might as well just rage on.

Whoa... I see where the communication breakdown is.  You think Bitcointalk is still relevant to mining hardware.  Heh.  How... quaint.  I see where you get your nick, now.  

No, my mistake was thinking BFL was still relevant to mining hardware.

490,000 reasons why they are not can be found in this thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=181982.0

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Tehfiend

Activity: 491
Merit: 514

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 05:10:32 AM

Right now, you are the face (some might say ass) of BFL on these boards. If you actually want to protect and grow your business, then you should hire an real PR person. If you have no business to protect, well then I guess you might as well just rage on.

Whoa... I see where the communication breakdown is.  You think Bitcointalk is still relevant to mining hardware.  Heh.  How... quaint.

Wow. Just wow. I think I see what's going on here. Surely he couldn't have missed the awesome grassroot efforts to turn bulk Avalon chips into DIY miners in this very forum right? I think he might be so traumatized by being outperformed by Bitsyncom that he's blocking them out of his memory. He will probably need counselling before he can even speak the name Yifu. It's all starting to make sense...
Bitsaurus

Activity: 873
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 05:20:32 AM

Yes BFL cannot be blamed for people who want a refund in BTC paid - you can't use a purchase as a hedge against foreign exchanges.  They can blame BFL for poor planning on their miner hardware deployment secondary to BFL's, uh how did you word it, "fallacious statement" - of which I believe you were responsible for later on in 2012.  I have yet to see you apologize even once for the delays the BFL suffered, whether intentional or not.  Can't you for just one time say you hurt people?  Or does that admit to liability to be used in court?

So once again, you boil it down to what every other troll really trolls with.  You basically have nothing else.  "BFL is late."  

Yep, BFL is late.  I've apologized for it numerous times, and again, like Charlie, I am not your personal secretary.  If you're so lazy or incompetent that you can't be bothered to find the myriad of threads where I've apologized for it, that's just too bad, you'll have to suck it up and drive on, little soldier.  

I have hurt no one.  If you've been hurt by bitcoin, in whatever fashion, you seriously need to re-examine your life and reassess your priorities.  Putting yourself in a position where you can be hurt by an experimental currency and bleeding edge technology is not just stupid, it's completely irresponsible and you shouldn't be allowed near a computer, much less money.  On top of that, the timeline for the ASICs was set and announced long, long before I came on board.  As I've said, again in countless places, going forward if I have any say in the situation, BFL will not be announcing timelines beyond "When it's ready."  

Come on, rebuke me with some of your SAT vocabulary.  Please abstain from 4 letter words and profanity.

I love this, when a troll trots out this old saw.  I rarely put profanity in my posts (It happens on occasion, but not often), but you're so blinded by your rage and butthurt that you envision profanity where there is none.  Does my vocabulary threaten you somehow?  Do you fail to understand the big words I use so you translate them into imaginary profanity, is that how that works?  I've always been curious as to where the source of this particular trope originates, perhaps you can enlighten me.

You know all I asked for was a simple apology and even that was too much to ask for.  Were you previous apologies like "I'm sorry.  I'm sorry you're too stupid to know how to stupid to use our website."

I don't know what to say if you see me as a troll. I was a BFL customer long before you became PR guy, and I don't blame you for anything that happened prior to your arrival.  But you failed to answer my simple question.  Would you, if you were a regular customer of BFL, be quite upset at the way in which the communication with the timeline for rollout was handled?

I'm not even blaming you for what you say.  You're just the PR guy.  If the company you speak for is messed up, you just have to find the best possible way to put out their press releases.  But wouldn't you be upset if you were a customer?  If you can show me one post of yours showcasing a sincere apology I will drop my complaints and even cheer-lead for you (and please don't mock me by saying you don't need my pathetic cheer-leading).  

As far as the profanities, I have seen you (as Inaba) type some pretty offensive stuff, specifically involving male genitalia.  Yes there were equally offensive comments made about your wife and that kind of stuff is really uncalled for on these forums.  There's free speech and then there's lesser primate level of intelligence.  Anybody making comments about somebody's family that has no bearing on your company is uncalled for. However, there's no reason for you to stoop to their level.  It's not a playground and we don't need yo mama jokes.

Rage and butthurt?  Yeah, I drink tea with camomile and have some nice candles - I don't have rage or butthurt.  Your vocabulary does not threaten me.  Your use of improper words (poor diction) as if you looked them up in a thesaurus does.  

minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 05:20:40 AM

To the OP, Did you get a bfl coffee mug too? Lol

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 05:22:45 AM

Good thing I'm not a PR man then, huh?  Oh... one more thing you don't know.  That brings the list to... lets see... crap, basically everything.

Maybe that BFL_Josh guy can give you some pointers.

With my diverse skill set, I can replace both a technical lead and a PR/community lead

Buy & Hold
Bitsaurus

Activity: 873
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 05:26:01 AM

To the OP, Did you get a bfl coffee mug too? Lol

Both I and James got our cups.  Know who I am?
ebildude123

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 05:27:36 AM

Sweet! Sucks that it'll take forever for the rest of the orders to be sent.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 05:49:00 AM

You think Bitcointalk is still relevant to mining hardware.

Fuck you asshole. Where the fuck do you think your first customers came from ?

Eat a bag of dicks.

THIS ^ * 21,000,000

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 05:55:48 AM

In the real world people can wait for many months for a house to be built with a deposit much larger than the cost of a BFL device, and they are perfectly happy with that, as long as the builder doesn't go bust and they get their house in the end.

In the real world, having just had a house built I know how this works.  The builder has compulsory insurance should they default before the house is finished.  The insurance company would pay and I would have an angry bank chasing the builder (the bank paid the money, not me).  In the real world we all know if BFL goes belly up before a customer's order is shipped there's basically nothing that can be done.  A BFL asset sale would maybe return 5c in every dollar.

I also had a due date for the house and it was finished two months ahead of schedule.  BFL has missed promised shipping dates since October 2012.

Apologies for the quick aside:

Back in the late 80's in Brentwood, TN, I was in the kitchen of Amy Grant's home watching her in tears while the new builder explained to her why 90% of the drywall needed to be removed from her almost finished home, originally built by an inept contractor.

It was to get to the faulty wiring and plumbing, with the rest of the walls needing replaced after they jack up the house and repair the foundation. The reason for not tearing down the home and rebuilding it from scratch eludes me, but it was a magnificent home on a prime piece of property perched on a hill, with a panoramic view one would die for.

The inept contractor was building 11 other homes at various stages of completion when he went belly-up. I picked up three more of these homes to do similar repairs, one of which was even more magnificent than Amy's beautiful home.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 06:13:08 AM

My order number was 1604.

How can this be true? BitPay was doing API tests and during their tests ISTR they created order numbers around 1630-1640.
And the first real order numbers for SC's started around 1650-1660: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=89685.0

So how can you be 1604? Typo?

I, too, went to the same thread upon reading the order number, but opted to finish reading this thread before commenting to see if anybody else caught it. I see that somebody did. I now also see that the above has yet to be answered. Odd!
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 06:14:48 AM

Back in the late 80's in Brentwood, TN, I was in the kitchen of Amy Grant's home watching her in tears while the new builder explained to her why 90% of the drywall needed to be removed from her almost finished home, originally built by an inept contractor.

Thanks alot, now I got that song stuck in my head!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbVtwRrX1hE

Buy & Hold
tempt

Activity: 294
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 06:15:18 AM

Whoa... I see where the communication breakdown is.  You think Bitcointalk is still relevant to mining hardware.  Heh.  How... quaint.  I see where you get your nick, now.  

So, where is mining hardware discussed then? Tell me. Serious question.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 06:18:18 AM

I don't know what to say if you see me as a troll. I was a BFL customer long before you became PR guy, and I don't blame you for anything that happened prior to your arrival.  But you failed to answer my simple question.  Would you, if you were a regular customer of BFL, be quite upset at the way in which the communication with the timeline for rollout was handled?

I'm not even blaming you for what you say.  You're just the PR guy.  If the company you speak for is messed up, you just have to find the best possible way to put out their press releases.  But wouldn't you be upset if you were a customer?  If you can show me one post of yours showcasing a sincere apology I will drop my complaints and even cheer-lead for you (and please don't mock me by saying you don't need my pathetic cheer-leading).  

I honestly have no idea what you're trying to get at.  You make a post about things in language that appears to be a query or future tense while the things you describe have already happened or are past tense.  Would I be upset?  I am upset, so I suppose the technical answer is yes. I've stated this plenty of times.  Again, why is it my job to be your secretary?

Since you want just one post, let me pick one off the top of my head:  https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/692-bfl-asic-status.html  ... kind of the main thread of the ASIC updates. Third paragraph.  
Oh, here's another: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/653-we-remain-committed-delivering-best-mining-products-market.html  second sentence even.
Oh look, another one: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/690-13-jan-2013-asic-update-discussion-thread-22.html#post11176

That took all of about 5 seconds to find.

As far as the profanities, I have seen you (as Inaba) type some pretty offensive stuff, specifically involving male genitalia.  Yes there were equally offensive comments made about your wife and that kind of stuff is really uncalled for on these forums.  There's free speech and then there's lesser primate level of intelligence.  Anybody making comments about somebody's family that has no bearing on your company is uncalled for. However, there's no reason for you to stoop to their level.  It's not a playground and we don't need yo mama jokes.

I said I have used profanity.  I never have denied that, but I don't use it as a matter of course, like you implied.  The vast majority of my posts are profanity free.

Rage and butthurt?  Yeah, I drink tea with camomile and have some nice candles - I don't have rage or butthurt.  Your vocabulary does not threaten me.  Your use of improper words (poor diction) as if you looked them up in a thesaurus does.  

Oh, and what words would those be?

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 06:29:43 AM

So as long as the MAJORITY of Josh's posts dont have profanity, it's okay.

LOL

Any person that represents a company on the COO level shouldn't be cussing in public when addressing issues related to BFL especially they are operating as an "expert" on everything and anything BFL-related.

There is so much COMPROMISE within BFL and its minions that I'm starting to wonder if they compromise on their salaries as time goes forward too right? Oh wait...can't touch the paychecks that would be too sensitive given they are made up of CUSTOMER/INVESTOR PREORDER MONIES...lol

Tongue

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 06:31:39 AM

I'm not talking about mining hardware discussion.  Google "Bitcoin mining" ... Bitcointalk is at the bottom of the third page.  Which is also known as "Might as well not be listed" page.  

If someone does manage to find their way here, they quickly leave due to all the drama and trolls.  Most people who still post here are so saturated with this community they don't realize how tiny and insulated it is. Bitcointalk posters encompass less than 10% of the current mining population, on a per person basis.  Why do you think all the hardware vendors basically stay the hell away from here?  Avalon makes a post and then leaves for weeks at a time.  bASIC finally gave up and made their own forums before their implosion. Scams galore in the hardware section.  The lack of any meaningful moderation pretty much chases everyone away and no serious business would participate in Bitcointalk.  I do it on my own time and at my own whim.  I don't speak officially for BFL here and BFL has no desire to participate in the Custom Hardware section unless it's properly moderated and cleaned up, which seems unlikely to happen.

Seriously, it's the same people posting over and over for the vast majority of the posts. Those people already have their camps and no one is going to change their minds, so who cares?  There's so much misinformation and BS posted here, it's impossible to find the signal in all the noise, so it's pointless to try to conduct business here.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
tempt

Activity: 294
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 06:40:32 AM

I'm not talking about mining hardware discussion.  Google "Bitcoin mining" ... Bitcointalk is at the bottom of the third page.  Which is also known as "Might as well not be listed" page.  

If someone does manage to find their way here, they quickly leave due to all the drama and trolls.  Most people who still post here are so saturated with this community they don't realize how tiny and insulated it is. Bitcointalk posters encompass less than 10% of the current mining population, on a per person basis.  Why do you think all the hardware vendors basically stay the hell away from here?  Avalon makes a post and then leaves for weeks at a time.  bASIC finally gave up and made their own forums before their implosion. Scams galore in the hardware section.  The lack of any meaningful moderation pretty much chases everyone away and no serious business would participate in Bitcointalk.  I do it on my own time and at my own whim.  I don't speak officially for BFL here and BFL has no desire to participate in the Custom Hardware section unless it's properly moderated and cleaned up, which seems unlikely to happen.

Seriously, it's the same people posting over and over for the vast majority of the posts. Those people already have their camps and no one is going to change their minds, so who cares?  There's so much misinformation and BS posted here, it's impossible to find the signal in all the noise, so it's pointless to try to conduct business here.

You sure?

7 @ 5.25

Quotation of the ad auction thread. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=181114.msg1951716#msg1951716

I think you are just butthurt because you clearly cant handle angry customers. All you do is drive them more into rage with your "you dont know shit about us" attitude. Yea, well, it has a reason no one knows shit about you. You only tell lies. Well, it may be true what you say all the time, but the truth changes a lot apparently.

Signed, not a angry customer
mezzomix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1253

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 06:56:17 AM

<pissing customers and other users>

And now you delivered but your power spec is much lower than expected. Which charity did receive or will receive the 1000 BTC donation?

Yes I know - you will not answer this question instead of pissing your customers.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 07:12:36 AM

<pissing customers and other users>

And now you delivered but your power spec is much lower than expected. Which charity did receive or will receive the 1000 BTC donation?

Yes I know - you will not answer this question instead of pissing your customers.

+1 When? When? When?

Also I'm curious if they will be tapping into their customer preorder monies to pay this promise to a charity lol

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 07:18:20 AM

I may have to agree with this entire post by Josh. (seriously)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: