Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:02:44 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Received BFL Jalapeño Today!  (Read 40241 times)
squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 08:34:24 AM

+1 @ Inaba, Tho I would like to ask about OP, Did it arrive in BFL box or was it inside another box?
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 08:35:53 AM

TL;DR

Do we have an order number os this is another PR joke?

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 09:43:06 AM

My order number was 1604.

How can this be true? BitPay was doing API tests and during their tests ISTR they created order numbers around 1630-1640.
And the first real order numbers for SC's started around 1650-1660: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=89685.0

So how can you be 1604? Typo?
Oops, the plot thickens...
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 09:46:41 AM

Could you double check that order number???

order numbers before 1655 where fpga orders. as far as i know, the first asic order placed was approx 1655
Shhh....shhh!  Shocked Grin

Can't you people just let a lie slip by? What is wrong with you people!? Leave Scared alone (said in a "leave britney alone" tone)
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 09:52:48 AM

Yes BFL cannot be blamed for people who want a refund in BTC paid - you can't use a purchase as a hedge against foreign exchanges.  They can blame BFL for poor planning on their miner hardware deployment secondary to BFL's, uh how did you word it, "fallacious statement" - of which I believe you were responsible for later on in 2012.  I have yet to see you apologize even once for the delays the BFL suffered, whether intentional or not.  Can't you for just one time say you hurt people?  Or does that admit to liability to be used in court?

So once again, you boil it down to what every other troll really trolls with.  You basically have nothing else.  "BFL is late."  

Yep, BFL is late.  I've apologized for it numerous times, and again, like Charlie, I am not your personal secretary.  If you're so lazy or incompetent that you can't be bothered to find the myriad of threads where I've apologized for it, that's just too bad, you'll have to suck it up and drive on, little soldier.  

I have hurt no one.  If you've been hurt by bitcoin, in whatever fashion, you seriously need to re-examine your life and reassess your priorities.  Putting yourself in a position where you can be hurt by an experimental currency and bleeding edge technology is not just stupid, it's completely irresponsible and you shouldn't be allowed near a computer, much less money.  On top of that, the timeline for the ASICs was set and announced long, long before I came on board.  As I've said, again in countless places, going forward if I have any say in the situation, BFL will not be announcing timelines beyond "When it's ready."  

Come on, rebuke me with some of your SAT vocabulary.  Please abstain from 4 letter words and profanity.

I love this, when a troll trots out this old saw.  I rarely put profanity in my posts (It happens on occasion, but not often), but you're so blinded by your rage and butthurt that you envision profanity where there is none.  Does my vocabulary threaten you somehow?  Do you fail to understand the big words I use so you translate them into imaginary profanity, is that how that works?  I've always been curious as to where the source of this particular trope originates, perhaps you can enlighten me.

It originates with you.

I still admire your tenacity when you called (Entropy) the ex-Intel engineer whos apparently worked on process nodes as small as 20nm...a cocksucker for giving you his opinion.

Warning to the wise: Do not take anything Inaba (Josh --> BFL Employee) with any level of credibility. If you think I am joking, start looking through his posts and you'll fully understand.)
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 10:02:01 AM
Last edit: April 30, 2013, 10:19:34 AM by PuertoLibre

Originally I sided with BFL since they offered full refunds so I felt people willingly chose to stay on board and shouldn't complain. Then when I really dug through Josh's post history, it does seem very likely that he posted fraudulent ship dates to string people along.

Ah, shit.

That is what happens when you look through Josh/Inabas posts. You find out the truth and realize he is only posting pre-tense on the hope that no one will actually go and find out the truth.

The truth is the number one enemy that is dogging this poor man.

----------------

I told you to watch out for TehFiend, he can't be fooled by those tricks you always employ...

Why would you cancel your order in Feb if they were just about to ship in March? He's held that carrot right out in front leading everybody the entire way one little lie at a time. Look at the last two updates. First he says "We plan on shipping possibly by the end of next week" then two weeks later mentions "We've been working on getting the software and firmware nailed down". This has my bullshit meter pegged. It's starting to become clear the Josh has never had any idea when they might ship and just keeps staying "almost there". I think the reason Josh can't find time to post that update that's two weeks over due is because saying nothing is easier than telling another lie that the "trolls" will hold him accountable for...
Holy crap, see, he actually read your history.

This "TehFiend" is one guy you won't be able to convince with a passive lie. You may need to deploy bigger badder BS Inaba. Bigger, heavier and more concentrated. It's the only way to "pull the wool" over his eyes. Do it quickly, the audience is watching, don't let them see you sweat.

Quickly, call him a cocksucker before people become suspicious of your history and tactics.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 10:06:29 AM
Last edit: April 30, 2013, 10:23:02 AM by PuertoLibre

You think Bitcointalk is still relevant to mining hardware.

Fuck you asshole. Where the fuck do you think your first customers came from ?

Eat a bag of dicks.

Right now, you are the face (some might say ass) of BFL on these boards. If you actually want to protect and grow your business, then you should hire an real PR person. If you have no business to protect, well then I guess you might as well just rage on.

Whoa... I see where the communication breakdown is.  You think Bitcointalk is still relevant to mining hardware.  Heh.  How... quaint.  I see where you get your nick, now.  

Let me let you in on a secret folks.

When he shows up ["I speculate"] it is because people have posted something worth hiding. In order to bury it, he must illicit strong emotions "out of you" so that people turn the thread into a cesspit where the uncovered evidence was found (or in many cases resuscitated/remembered).

Then, ask the Mods to quickly hide the thread based on its content going way down hill.

This is how dogs hide their crap when it smells pretty strongly.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 10:11:54 AM

How can this be true? BitPay was doing API tests and during their tests ISTR they created order numbers around 1630-1640.
And the first real order numbers for SC's started around 1650-1660: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=89685.0

So how can you be 1604? Typo?

I, too, went to the same thread upon reading the order number, but opted to finish reading this thread before commenting to see if anybody else caught it. I see that somebody did. I now also see that the above has yet to be answered. Odd!
I believe that "Scared" will never be seen on BitCoinTalk again. I fear the worst.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 10:34:24 AM

Below is a quote from BFLJOSH (i.e. IN-A-BRA).

<lots of bullshit>

Q. Are you going to become just another mouthpiece for the BFL party line?
A. First of all, there is no “party line” coming out of BFL.  They have been up front and honest with their dealings in the community from day one. There are a number of people on the forums that feel that BFL has been dishonest and some of those feelings are justified if viewed through the lens of “Every business should be perfect, always.”  However, both Sonny and the engineers, contrary to some statements you may have seen from others on the forum, have been honest in their assessments of capabilities and timelines.  They have been mistaken, yes, but they have not been willfully or intentionally dishonest. Some can say they should have known better, and whether or not that is true is, at this point, academic.  I am looking at the future, not the past, and I will be doing my level best to provide accurate information from day one.  If there is some information that I believe to be inaccurate, a lie, or just plain wrong, I will not pass it off as fact.  I will not tow any “party line.”  I will give you the honest facts as I know them. There may be times that there are trade secrets that I cannot reveal, but I do not believe this constitutes falsehood or anything nefarious, as there are times where revealing certain bits of information would put BFL at a competitive disadvantage.  That will harm not only BFL, but also its current and future customers.  If there are still people that, going forward, feel that this is somehow dishonest, then I apologize in advance and I also give advance notice that there will, in fact, be times where 100% of information cannot be disclosed, either immediately or possibly ever.

<more bullshit>

The bolded section sounds ALL TOO FAMILIAR on BFL's reputation even to this day. Anyone got any quotes to add to these initial claims of Josh?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 11:16:19 AM

I believe this is relevant to this thread given supposedly a BFL Jalapeno was delivered to the OP. Or another person who received it. But do we really need to run a power test?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=191600.msg1984392#msg1984392

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

True_Slayer

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 11:32:12 AM

Can you do photo for back side of PSU?
I need label - model, voltage etc.

bitmain DON'T do REFUND. You are warned!
nandika

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 02:03:31 PM

For a $149 investment it'll repay itself and make $1300 on top in one month of mining.

Think again. You paid about 23 BTC 10 months ago. You'll make .3 btc/day. Even if the difficulty doesn't skyrocket (which it will), you need more than 2 months to just break even. You aren't making any profit for a long time.

Scared is right to be happy because he invested 149$ in the bitcoin currency (through the jalapeno)
and his return will be 149+ $ (actually thousands of them).

Scared will be right to be happy that he invested in the bitcoin currency through the jalapeno
instead of directly buying bitcoins when his jalapeno will mine for him more than 23 BTC.

Will it?

23 BTC is now worth....3266.03226 USD (or about 22 jalepenos)

So...how about someone do some math on the difficulty going up with a constant period of adjustment. What will it take to get back the 23BTC?

Why the hell are trolls always talking about the bitcoin value going up against buying anything with bitcoin?? (for now the jally)

If noone would spend their bitcoins could it be actually used as a currency? I thought bitcoin was made to skip banks while making transactions online, to get rid of a central authority, governmental control. Imagine if everyone was sitting on their BTC's and no one making a transaction in the hope of the value going up.. Would bitcoin ever reach their goal then (replacing / taking out banks)Huh

I mean if you buy a bread today for $1 and bread price drops to $0.5 tomorrow do you regret buying it yesterday (since you could have bought 2 with the $1 you spent yesterday)?? And you stop buying any food until you die just because of a hope that the price will go down even more?

I really don't get your point.. BFL told you their prices in USD, the BTC amount paid was always calculated to their USD prices.

Order your BitCoin funded VISA Plastic Debit Card at http://visacrypt.com
Gator-hex

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:22:49 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2013, 03:58:35 PM by Gator-hex

Does that picture show 70 hardware errors in 1hr5min? (roughly 1 per minute)

Makes me wonder how many good chips they got from the 6 wafers?

But thinking about it though, it makes sense to put the crap ones in the lowest model.

Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:33:49 PM

Can you run a 24 Hour power test?

Then post the results?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:14:01 PM

I'm not talking about mining hardware discussion.  Google "Bitcoin mining" ... Bitcointalk is at the bottom of the third page.  Which is also known as "Might as well not be listed" page.  

If someone does manage to find their way here, they quickly leave due to all the drama and trolls.  Most people who still post here are so saturated with this community they don't realize how tiny and insulated it is. Bitcointalk posters encompass less than 10% of the current mining population, on a per person basis.  Why do you think all the hardware vendors basically stay the hell away from here?  Avalon makes a post and then leaves for weeks at a time.  bASIC finally gave up and made their own forums before their implosion. Scams galore in the hardware section.  The lack of any meaningful moderation pretty much chases everyone away and no serious business would participate in Bitcointalk.  I do it on my own time and at my own whim.  I don't speak officially for BFL here and BFL has no desire to participate in the Custom Hardware section unless it's properly moderated and cleaned up, which seems unlikely to happen.

Seriously, it's the same people posting over and over for the vast majority of the posts. Those people already have their camps and no one is going to change their minds, so who cares?  There's so much misinformation and BS posted here, it's impossible to find the signal in all the noise, so it's pointless to try to conduct business here.

If you open an icognito window in chrome and Google "bitcoin mining forum" bitcointalk.org is the number 1 listing.
I guess Google thinks this is the place where bitcoin mining is discussed. Wink

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
jordaninthesky

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:23:43 PM

I have hurt no one.  If you've been hurt by bitcoin, in whatever fashion, you seriously need to re-examine your life and reassess your priorities.  Putting yourself in a position where you can be hurt by an experimental currency and bleeding edge technology is not just stupid, it's completely irresponsible and you shouldn't be allowed near a computer, much less money.  On top of that, the timeline for the ASICs was set and announced long, long before I came on board.  As I've said, again in countless places, going forward if I have any say in the situation, BFL will not be announcing timelines beyond "When it's ready."

This is a lie.  Surely as Bitcoin is the cause of you having customers and clientele, can the act of not holding up to your promises cause the same amount of loss in others.  If I had invested with bitcoin instead of your machines to mine them (2x singles), I could have potentially made $80,000.  I would have been married by now.  :|

Do you think your machines will make me that money?  Until they do I will always be remembering how you "bait and switched" me.

minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:31:30 PM

This is a lie.  Surely as Bitcoin is the cause of you having customers and clientele, can the act of not holding up to your promises cause the same amount of loss in others.  If I had invested with bitcoin instead of your machines to mine them (2x singles), I could have potentially made $80,000.  I would have been married by now.  :|

Do you think your machines will make me that money?  Until they do I will always be remembering how you "bait and switched" me.

Not trolling but gotta ask. When they failed to deliver the first time, you could have asked for a refund, put all that into BT which was still like 11 bucks and made all this awesome profit. See how hindsight works in other ways? Life lesson dont take money you cant afford to lose (needed for a weddding) and put it into RISKY propositions.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:36:36 PM

Not trolling but gotta ask. When they failed to deliver the first time, you could have asked for a refund, put all that into BT which was still like 11 bucks and made all this awesome profit. See how hindsight works in other ways? Life lesson dont take money you cant afford to lose (needed for a weddding) and put it into RISKY propositions.

Let me guess you are a BFL shill right?

Profile created March 30th, 2013. And you back up BFL on everything even try to detract with retarded statements.

Don't like it? Press the pussy ignore button lol

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:37:56 PM

Yes tin foil hat man i am a shill just like you are a troll.  Asking a serious question here. Go look at some kiddy porn or somethign and get off my nuts.

difference between you trolls and me. ill never care to look at your stats, wehn you joined or what. You dont exist to me after i press the send button. You mean less than dirt to me, i i go about my day after posting. You guys however. wow.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:41:12 PM

Yes tin foil hat man i am a shill just like you are a troll.  Asking a serious question here. Go look at some kiddy porn or somethign and get off my nuts.

difference between you trolls and me. ill never care to look at your stats, wehn you joined or what. You dont exist to me after i press the send button. You mean less than dirt to me, i i go about my day after posting. You guys however. wow.

LOL Yet you responded to my post...FACEPALM.JPG

ROFL!!!  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: