Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:00:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin be used in space?  (Read 9288 times)
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 05:32:55 PM

Actually i dont know if astronauts needs to use bitcoin in the outer space but ive read some article that astronauts can use internet in space but some kind of laser beam thing i think i forgot the name but the point is they can really use internet in space.
In this modern age anything is possible.
Yeah well what would people in space have to pay for ?
This is really a question that is not worth asking for at least another 50 years. If bitcoin still exists then it may be a plausible question. Nobody lives in space except astronauts and they are working and don’t need to pay for their things...they get them for free. It would only make sense if there were another planet of people that one would buy stuff from.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
moriskarlov

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 06:34:34 PM

Just curious, since the Internet is mostly an Earthly thing... would astronauts be able to access and transfer their Bitcoins whilst traveling throughout the solar system?

Why not, satellite dish on Earth and space ship communication antenna can exchange any information. The only matter thing is data speed thransfer. Austronaut may becoming old before the transaction will be finished.)
marlonjhon

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 06:45:31 PM

It would be a milestone, the first transaction Bitcoin in space.
Great advertising for bitcoin.
RajaJudi

Activity: 403
Merit: 250

Less is more

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 07:04:09 PM

Just curious, since the Internet is mostly an Earthly thing... would astronauts be able to access and transfer their Bitcoins whilst traveling throughout the solar system?

yes it is, we can use bitcoin everywhere, we can earn it everywhere in this universe as long as internet is not prohibited and the site that we get bitcoin is accessible . we are free to use it whenever ,wherever and whatever we like it, bitcoin doesnt prohibited anyone to use it. we are free to use it and take of it . bitcoin is for all people who are interested and it is wherever we wanted.
how can you use Bitcoin outer space if you dont have the internet? Therefore, I believe that we do need to have the internet outer space to use Bitcoin

Fireblade

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 07:30:48 PM

I am also just wandering will astronauts need bitcoin or other money in their travelling through the Universe?

Yeah, astronauts don't need bitcoin, because the money that their families going to need is going to be provided by their government, if I'm not wrong. And there is no need for them to use bitcoin because there is fiat, and that is the currency where they have been used to, and using bitcoin is another story that they need to read for them to understand it.

I think OP is talking about the far far future when many people will be travelling through the Universe on a regular basis. IMO Bitcoin will replace all the money by that time and of course it will be used in space.
people have already purchasing plots on space. and i think now they are waiting to visit. hope very soon they will travel there in passenger aircraft. may after that when life begin to start there, they will surely start using bitcoin. but  think that is fact that it is not possible in near future may be in far far future we can expect such development. may it will take generations.
Jewell

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 10:42:11 PM

Actually i dont know if astronauts needs to use bitcoin in the outer space but ive read some article that astronauts can use internet in space but some kind of laser beam thing i think i forgot the name but the point is they can really use internet in space.
This is really a question that is not worth asking for at least another 50 years. If bitcoin still exists then it may be a plausible question. Nobody lives in space except astronauts and they are working and don’t need to pay for their things...they get them for free. It would only make sense if there were another planet of people that one would buy stuff from.
and what about aliens, if the aliens are really present there and in future they have good communication with us and then when use to visit there and have already the concept of crypto currency, may be in such condition we have chance to use bitcoin as for buying stuff there from their planets. but i think very little chance for such things to happen.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1333

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 12:59:25 AM

I am also just wandering will astronauts need bitcoin or other money in their travelling through the Universe?

If we ever reach the point where humans can travel long distances trough space, the best way to deal with this will be for the colony to issue their own currency, this is why every ship you send into space will eventually develop their own culture despite being originally all from planet earth.
Seville

Activity: 270
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 01:18:56 AM

Mars has a 20 minute latency.. so I would imagine a mars coloni with BTC will have to wait 20 minutes longer for their BTC  Grin
LegendOF45

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 01:41:01 AM

I think it is impossible, this is because in space there is no life so bitcoin will never use, the first thing we must do is make sure there is life at the space so that it could use the bitcoin.
ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 02:01:58 AM

I think it is impossible, this is because in space there is no life so bitcoin will never use, the first thing we must do is make sure there is life at the space so that it could use the bitcoin.
Its possible as long as internet connection is present people who are using this of course are astronauts they are the one who  are working in space what life are you talking??

btcjoin14

Activity: 891

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 09:34:49 AM

I think that it’s possible to use Bitcoin in space since it’s just a project that is lurking on some sort of network. If Bitcoin is used in space then I would like to try to send a transaction with the network that is being used because I am pretty sure that it would be pretty slow. If you think that transactions are pretty slow then you might want to see how long a transaction would confirm through space. It’s likely it would be a very long time.
Vaculin

Activity: 2898
Merit: 612

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 11:36:24 AM

If an astronaut has its strong connection to the internet then its very possible that bitcoin can be used in space.Actually there's no limit in using bitcoin as long as there's a strong connection for faster transaction of bitcoin.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 12:05:58 PM

Sure, if Internet is available to Astronauts, why not. If they can access their Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, etc, they can as well access their Bitcoin Wallet, send and receive Bitcoin. The only problem is that they won't be able to convert their Bitcoin into fiat unless there is a Bank for them in space.
xenxen

Activity: 763
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 12:38:40 PM

astronauts can earn bitcoin in space..but he use to buy something using bitcoin is not...

███▄▄ ▀████████▄▄
█████▀ ▄  ▀███████▄
████▌ ██▄▄ ▐████████▄
█████▄ ▀▀  ██████████▄
█████████ ████████████
█████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████ ███████▀
█████████ ██████▀
 ████████ ██▀▀
  ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀██████████
       ▀▀█████▀
.GptVerse.
A Metaverse App to Shop,
Learn, Organize, and Play!
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
███████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███████
███████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███████
smartbitcoininvestor (OP)

Activity: 652
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 11:11:56 PM

and what about aliens, if the aliens are really present there and in future they have good communication with us and then when use to visit there and have already the concept of crypto currency, may be in such condition we have chance to use bitcoin as for buying stuff there from their planets. but i think very little chance for such things to happen.

What if Bitcoin and Satoshi already exist on another planet, and we're just now getting the technology?  Grin

There is this anime called Cowboy Bebop about a space bounty hunter who travels from planet to planet kicking ass. Eventually, we will have technology advanced enough to enable us to go from planet to planet. If spaceships could function as Internet nodes in the future we would literally have universally accepted cryptocurrency. Imagine that.
fathur.aza

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 03:20:58 AM

I will go out of the sky from bitcoin that I have been able to.
Heartilly

Activity: 697
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 03:28:20 PM

Haha! Yeah, this dude has a point. On what aspect would the astronauts use bitcoin for since they are in the outer space?  Grin

But if those spacemen do have a reason and want to experience using bitcoin on the space, then they can do so just by having an internet connection. There is no limit in using bitcoin. No complicated explanation needed for that.
MetalGear

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 03:38:04 PM

No , bitcoin cannot be used in space. Because bitcoin can only be used on areas that has internet connection so it cannot be used on space. If ever internet connection will be available on space i think it will be use there. But I think it would not be possible today, but if there will be time that it will be invented it is good . Smiley
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 03:45:30 PM

Well i think it could be possible, well in future that is. If people make some kind of transmitter that will transmit Wi-Fi signal across space. But i doubt that one of those would be enough, several across space need to be made, and chained together to transmit signal. I think that way it could be done. Cheesy Or something like that Cheesy
alexsamudra

Activity: 212

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 04:24:11 PM

I will go out into space by using the cost of bitcoin that I have been accumulating.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: