Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:43:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin be used in space?  (Read 9286 times)
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 11:50:04 PM

Yes we could use bitcoin in space as long we have are own internet connection and why we need to use bitcoin in space if we cannot use our bitcoins there. We should focus outside the space not focusing in earning bitcoins. And the salary of a astronauts are much bigger than we earned through bitcoins.
what are you talking about ,did you in any way thinking that the astronauts are focusing on earning bitcoin  Tongue How cares about the salary of astronauts,@ OP if you are having an internet connection then you will be able to send bitcoins where ever you are and there wont be any restrictions,it is as simple as that,i am just scribbling because to make you understand how simple the question was.  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smartbitcoininvestor (OP)

Activity: 652
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 02:24:23 AM

Yes we could use bitcoin in space as long we have are own internet connection and why we need to use bitcoin in space if we cannot use our bitcoins there. We should focus outside the space not focusing in earning bitcoins. And the salary of a astronauts are much bigger than we earned through bitcoins.
what are you talking about ,did you in any way thinking that the astronauts are focusing on earning bitcoin  Tongue How cares about the salary of astronauts,@ OP if you are having an internet connection then you will be able to send bitcoins where ever you are and there wont be any restrictions,it is as simple as that,i am just scribbling because to make you understand how simple the question was.  Wink

I think eventually we will have satellites and spaceships that will carry Wi-Fi across the universe.

Once we start colonizing multiple planets, we can definitely use cryptocurrency as a means of storing and transferring value.

We probably won't be earning i.e. mining, moreso than collecting for doing various tasks and jobs.

Intergalactic business can be a reality.  Grin
Oilacris

Activity: 3010
Merit: 613

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 02:29:28 AM

He make it more complicated on its answer even the question is very very simple but well its his own view and i do agree that astonauts having big salaries but the main question here is about bitcoin usage on space and yes its really possible as long we do have connection and could able to make transaction on the entire chain then it wont really be a problem as long web signals can reach out their destination.
LouVandetta

Activity: 602
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 03:40:12 AM

This is a really interesting question.
Well, I guess it's possible. I mean, we don't know for sure.
Eventho astronouts having a huge salaries, I think bitcoin is still tempting to them.
As long they have connection in the outer space.
I wonder was the fee will be huge because transactions between eart and space  Huh
Lomberjack

Activity: 384
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 03:44:50 AM

Just curious, since the Internet is mostly an Earthly thing... would astronauts be able to access and transfer their Bitcoins whilst traveling throughout the solar system?
I don't know why do you ask that since astronaut don't need to buy/used currrency at space. However, it's impossible to happen since internet connection isn't being used in space.
Lorilikes

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

Content| Press Releases | Articles | Strategy

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 03:52:12 AM

Just curious, since the Internet is mostly an Earthly thing... would astronauts be able to access and transfer their Bitcoins whilst traveling throughout the solar system?
I don't know why do you ask that since astronaut don't need to buy/used currrency at space. However, it's impossible to happen since internet connection isn't being used in space.

Where there is internet aaccess there is most definitely Bitcoin available to those who are wise enough to use it. 

Ask Me About Press Releases and Content Creation
★▃ ▂⭐️▂ ▃ ▅ ▆⭐️▆ ▅ ▃ ▂⭐️▂ ▃★

★▃ ▂⭐️⭐️▂ ▃ ★✨
✨★▃ ▂⭐️▂ ▃ ▅ ▆⭐️▆ ▅ ▃ ▂⭐️▂ ▃ ★✨

⭐️▂ ▃ ▅ ▆⭐️▆ ▅ ▃ ▂⭐️

★▃ ▂⭐️▂ ▃ ▅ ▆⭐️▆ ▅ ▃ ▂⭐️▂ ▃★

⭐️▂ ▃ ▅ ▆⭐️▆ ▅ ▃ ▂⭐️
strugmo

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 12:39:44 PM

I have not been to space, but I have been so stoned it felt like space, and I wanted nothing to do with Bitcoin AT THAT TIME.  I have yet to find a weed dealer that accepts Bitcoin.  Finding one in space is really going to be a bitch.  I would definitely start my search on the moon, because, you know, I have been looking at that fucking thing for years wondering if there was someone up there as high as I am looking back at me, and, well, I guess I would finally have my answer.

The REAL problem is Bitcoin just isn't up to the task.

That's why I propose a hard fork creating a new coin - Bitcoin Space.  The purpose of the fork is to remove all doubt as to the complete impracticality of using crypto-currency in space by guaranteeing full and complete irrelevance. So it would be like Doge, but, you know, sexier.

I am prepared to accept hundreds of millions of dollars in initial funding to fully research the plan. I promise to start as soon as I find a weed dealer that accepts Bitcoin.
salihno71

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 12:57:06 PM

If you can relay the information, you can use the bitcoin. But at the moment this is more of hypothetical question. It will be interesting to see how this plays out once there are independent colonies on another planets. Syncing the blockchain on long distance might bring some new issues.
salinizm

Activity: 658
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:16:46 PM

If there will be internet connection in space, human beings can easliy access their bitcoin wallets . Because no internet , no bitcoin but it is pretty obvious that having internet connection in space is not possible now and we cannot even travel the solar system. For that reason , it will take some time.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
TheGodFather

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:19:22 PM

I Thibk that there more pressing matters when you are on space than trading, mining or doing something with bitcoin. but you cannot access your bitcoin if there is no internet and sadly in soace there is no intranet connection that can connect you with the network here on earth.
asep samsudin

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 12:56:27 PM

Yes it may be that, and as long as they have internet connection and communication signal to earth then it is very possible used in outer space. Therefore, the internet is also present in outer space, I remember the astronauts sent tweets from space before, surely can be used in outer space.
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:05:56 PM

He make it more complicated on its answer even the question is very very simple but well its his own view and i do agree that astonauts having big salaries but the main question here is about bitcoin usage on space and yes its really possible as long we do have connection and could able to make transaction on the entire chain then it wont really be a problem as long web signals can reach out their destination.

With regards to use - I don't think there's that much use for bitcoin up there. I mean, sure it's possible but I don't think that astronauts pay or spend anything when they're in space despite their huge salary.

Perhaps in a different century, where developments are made in space then it is possible to be used on a daily or regular basis. If a community were to be put up in space, then perhaps bitcoin would be their choice of currency? Who would know. Technology continues to advance each day so anything is possible at this point.
Rahul20

Activity: 29

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:25:08 PM

May be this is not possible. This is because in space there is no life so bitcoin will never use and in space there will not be able to buy anything. If people make an online shop in space, maybe bitcoin​ used for shopping, but I don't know if it is happened I'm not sure. Because if me in the case I cannot use my time going to space I just used my time to earn income in bitcoin.
paolo099

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:31:00 PM

well, they do have internet in space, but my guess is if martian guys are accepting it or they use only MarsCoin.. let me check marsstockmarket.mars and gets back to you!
on a more serious note, why in hell they need BTC in space? to refuel their shuttle? Funny question though..
Ekanenf

Activity: 290
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:36:13 PM

well, they do have internet in space, but my guess is if martian guys are accepting it or they use only MarsCoin.. let me check marsstockmarket.mars and gets back to you!
on a more serious note, why in hell they need BTC in space? to refuel their shuttle? Funny question though..
Bitcoin or money isn't necessary on space since they only need foods and things they needed to do they're job out there like those astronaut doing above us. And they do have an internet but based on the video NASA uploaded on Facebook where they said that they do have internet but it's slower than in the earth in short they can access bitcoin on there but that isn't they really need to do. And they're rich already being on space or stuff so they don't really need it.
aisyah88

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:05:13 PM

bitcoin in outer space ..! in the country are still many who have not been legal .. but if in the country already in legal it is possible in outer space could be in use ... we just pray
Thaalbi

Activity: 152
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:26:00 PM

for the moment impossible it does not use it on earth how you want it to be used in space.
whitemacna

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 11:34:18 PM

I don't know because I am just new here ... but I think its because I hate them no space as containers and no man anything except working there
markint

Activity: 329
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:20:12 AM

We should first ask ourselves why it would be necessary to use bitcoins in space, right?

Maybe interesting experiments could be done with the blockchain, I have no doubt, but even when the man arrives at Mars they will have to start a civilization from scratch, for which the bitcoin would be practically useless for them.
rube08

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:09:10 AM

I would think as long as they have access to the internet in space, which I would assume NASA has computers with the capibility to connect down to earth, then yes they would have access.  All they would need is the internet, computer, and a hardrive for wallet access. Who knows, maybe they day trade in between their shifts in space.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: