Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 01:26:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Asus prime Z270-p  (Read 31539 times)
MadHamster (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 04:46:03 PM

I have the following configuration
Asus prime Z270-p
Celeron 3930
4gb DDR4
6x RX480 (MSI gaming x 4gb version)
M.2 harddrive

When i try to use more than 3 card the system does not boot up(actualy does not even show up the bios press delete option if i recall correctly)

I have enabdled the above 4g decoding(newwest BIOS) and set all PCIE to gen 1. Is there anything else that needs to be set in order for 6 cards to work? I'm clueless what I'm doing wrong.
Apneal

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 04:51:15 PM

Turn off 4g decoding. Add 1 card at a time. Once the 5th card is installed, and the drivers installed, and youre in windows and its showing a code 12, THEN turn on 4g decoding.
Bones972

Activity: 198
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2017, 08:45:12 PM

Here is a walk-through I found on Youtube that got me up and running with my Asus H270 Plus.  Probably same settings in the Bios

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1899977.0

freak1

Activity: 47

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 09:23:59 PM

I have the same mb, I gotten 5 cards to work, with 4g decoding turned on, and all settings possible set at gen 1, when I plug in card 6 it shows bios splash 2 times then black screen.
MadHamster (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 07:31:15 AM

Thank you all, i will try the adviced steps.
MadHamster (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 06:44:08 PM

Pluging in the cards one by one in consecutive reboots worked, thank you for the tip (8 hours uptime so far)  Grin

I have the same mb, I gotten 5 cards to work, with 4g decoding turned on, and all settings possible set at gen 1, when I plug in card 6 it shows bios splash 2 times then black screen.

Try gen 2, i switched to Gen 2 too.
drrobert

Activity: 129

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 08:54:39 PM

with z270a with 8 gpu i use gen 3,
with gen 1 not work on linux, but it work only on window don't tell me why.
BeastMinero

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 06:45:33 AM

Turn off 4g decoding. Add 1 card at a time. Once the 5th card is installed, and the drivers installed, and youre in windows and its showing a code 12, THEN turn on 4g decoding.

Can you help me please. I have Prime z270-a. I already update the bios. actually all available bios update on asus website. why i dont get the settings 4g enable? can someone help me please. i cant run more than 4cards Sad PLEASE HELP. Thank you!
nimanr

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 08:01:35 PM

My problem is when I add 4th graphic card my loading page comes like this:
http://azaraeen.com/no-usb.png
I have tried "above 4g" but system goes to a boot loop with no picture.
Mattthev

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 08:03:50 PM

My problem is when I add 4th graphic card my loading page comes like this:

I have tried "above 4g" but system goes to a boot loop with no picture.
Searched the forum it was already answered. It was something with UEFI.

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
Brucelats

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 04:28:28 AM

Greetings everyone!

I am wondering is anyone running Asus Prime Z270-P on Ubuntu 16.04 - Desktop.

I had 4 GPU-s running smooth and when i added 5th if i had 4G decoding, i had blank black screen when i booted, if i turned it off i could log with 5 gpus but system didnt recognize fifth, had only GPU 0 1 2 3. If i removed 5th card i had problems again lol.

SO basicaly i can do this - have 5 gpus with 4G on and have 1 as not recognized or have 4 with 4G off. Its something like that, maybe it was vice versa, but basicaly system either didnt boot even with 5 gpus or it didnt shown 5th if it managed to boot.

But anyway! Can anyone help me please how to set up BIOS and options in there to have 5 6 or even more GPUS working on my ASUS prime 270p

PLEASE HELP!

I BEG YOU

Brucelats

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 11:34:31 PM

Greetings everyone!

I had 4 GPU-s running smooth and when i added 5th if i had 4G decoding, i had blank black screen when i booted, if i turned it off i could log with 5 gpus but system didnt recognize fifth, had only GPU 0 1 2 3. If i removed 5th card i had problems again lol.

SO basicaly i can do this - have 5 gpus with 4G on and have 1 as not recognized or have 4 with 4G off. Its something like that, maybe it was vice versa, but basicaly system either didnt boot even with 5 gpus or it didnt shown 5th if it managed to boot.

But anyway! Can anyone help me please how to set up BIOS and options in there to have 5 6 or even more GPUS working on my ASUS prime 270p

PLEASE HELP!

I BEG YOU

Bump Sad(

iamnoobplzhelp

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 11:39:59 PM

I'm not sure what the equivalent in Linux is, but for 'Above 4G Encoding' set to enabled to work with Windows, it has to be installed in UEFI mode enabled. I'm guessing Linux has something similar. You probably have to install Linux with UEFI enabled.
Brucelats

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 08:39:13 PM

I'm not sure what the equivalent in Linux is, but for 'Above 4G Encoding' set to enabled to work with Windows, it has to be installed in UEFI mode enabled. I'm guessing Linux has something similar. You probably have to install Linux with UEFI enabled.

It could be that or something. I will try it out. Thank you a lot!

pzd3mir

Activity: 26

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 11:53:45 AM

Greetings everyone!

PLEASE HELP!

I BEG YOU

Bump Sad(

This mainboard f*cking sucks... Driving me crazy... All I know is, when you enable 4g decoding, you will have to have an OS that has UEFI and not MBR, otherwise it wont boot.

This thing is driving me nuts.... seriously.

I get it to work with simple mining os but it crashes all the time. Cards have stock clocks.
Mattthev

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2017, 12:02:13 PM

I have this mobo with Windows 10 Pro and 6 AMD GPUs was working very well. I've ordered M.2 to PCI-E adapters so will it test with 7 and 8 GPUs, but I don't have anymore GPUs now Cheesy
All GPUs OCed and udervolted with modded bios. I had only problem with detecting cards before installing new drivers, run DDU twice with rebooring solve it. I'm installing drivers with iGPU as monitor and then connect HDMI to GPU in x16 slot on mobo.

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
thesmokingman

Activity: 212

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 12:35:37 PM

This is why I advocate that people have hard drive led status lights and not just a power button for your rig. That little led has helped me TS rigs so many times I've lost track. I run Linux (Ubuntu 16.04) and had issues initially with getting this board to work.

I updated the bios to 0610 via the built in flasher in the bios
Changed all PCIe speeds to Gen2 and turned off what I didn't need like HD Audi, LED light and USB charging
Rebooted, but after the bios screen my screen would go blank.

Luckily I had my hard drive led status light as even though the screen was blank it was blinking, which let me know it was reading/writing to the drive and not frozen or locked up. So I gave it time to do its thing and low and behold it booted. Seems the GRUB menu doesn't load with above 4G decoding enabled, hence the black screen but the OS does eventually boot. Had I not had that HDD led I would of just taken the blank screen as a sign things aren't working and shut it down premature.

Hope the above helps someone

PIMP your AMD & Nvidia Farm. Finally a Multi-Miner Linux 16.04 Distro with Web Monitoring and On the Fly Algo-Switching. My PIMP AMD/Nvidia FARM: https://miner.farm/farmer/554/farmstatus
pzd3mir

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 07:19:56 PM

GUYS SOLUTION!!!

I've been sitting here and try to get this dumb piece of sh*t to work for almost 3 days now.

So here it is:

All you have to do is download Bios v0808 that has been released 23.06.17. Put it on a USB stick which is formated with fat 32 (internet update didn't work with me for some reason)

- Remove all Cards/ Risers, plug in your USB Stick with the Bios on it. Plug in your HDMI Cable to the motherboard.

- Boot

- While booting express your rage by hiting that mf*cking f2 key several times to enter the Bios.

- After entering the Bios, press F7 and navigate to Tools

- Open EZflash and choose Upgrade from Storage. Update your Bios to Version 0808.

- Reboot while pressing F2 several times again to Enter BIOS

- Press F7

- Go Advanced ----> System Agent (SA) Configuration ----> Enable "Above 4 G Decoding"

(DMI/OPI CONFIGURATION --->DMI MAX LINK SPEED will stay at AUTO! Dont change these..)

(PEG PORT CONFIGURATION ---> PCIEX16_1 LINK SPEED will stay at AUTO ! Dont change these..)

- Go back to Advanced, then PCH CONFIGUTATION ---> PCI Express Configuration----> change PCIe Speed to "GEN1"

That should do it!

Some other usefull stuff:

- Advanced ---> APM Configuration ---> change Restore AC Power Loss to "Power ON" (Rig goes on as soon as PSU delivers Power, no need to press on button or short pins)
 - Boot---> Next Boot after AC Power Loss, change to "Fast Boot" (boots faster)
 - Boot---> Boot configuration ---> Post Delay Time, change to 0 sec (for no Post delay, in Case miner restarts.)

When done in BIOS, Press F10, Save and reboot.

prey.

Hope this helps... ASUS PEOPLE, YOU DIDNT MAKE THIS EASY FOR US
dominuspro

Activity: 201

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 08:16:47 PM

GUYS SOLUTION!!!

TNX
rogeriosmorais

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 08:35:56 PM

GUYS SOLUTION!!!

I've been sitting here and try to get this dumb piece of sh*t to work for almost 3 days now.

So here it is:

All you have to do is download Bios v0808 that has been released 23.06.17. Put it on a USB stick which is formated with fat 32 (internet update didn't work with me for some reason)

- Remove all Cards/ Risers, plug in your USB Stick with the Bios on it. Plug in your HDMI Cable to the motherboard.

- Boot

- While booting express your rage by hiting that mf*cking f2 key several times to enter the Bios.

- After entering the Bios, press F7 and navigate to Tools

- Open EZflash and choose Upgrade from Storage. Update your Bios to Version 0808.

- Reboot while pressing F2 several times again to Enter BIOS

- Press F7

- Go Advanced ----> System Agent (SA) Configuration ----> Enable "Above 4 G Decoding"

(DMI/OPI CONFIGURATION --->DMI MAX LINK SPEED will stay at AUTO! Dont change these..)

(PEG PORT CONFIGURATION ---> PCIEX16_1 LINK SPEED will stay at AUTO ! Dont change these..)

- Go back to Advanced, then PCH CONFIGUTATION ---> PCI Express Configuration----> change PCIe Speed to "GEN1"

That should do it!

Some other usefull stuff:

- Advanced ---> APM Configuration ---> change Restore AC Power Loss to "Power ON" (Rig goes on as soon as PSU delivers Power, no need to press on button or short pins)
 - Boot---> Next Boot after AC Power Loss, change to "Fast Boot" (boots faster)
 - Boot---> Boot configuration ---> Post Delay Time, change to 0 sec (for no Post delay, in Case miner restarts.)

When done in BIOS, Press F10, Save and reboot.

prey.

Hope this helps... ASUS PEOPLE, YOU DIDNT MAKE THIS EASY FOR US

Mine worked yesterday by plugging in 5 cards, disabling 4g, booting windows (won't properly load more than 1 card), reset, enable 4g, profit. But it's very nice to know that there's another solution out there. Thanks for sharing.

All my PCI-E options set to Gen2, audio disabled.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: