Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:41:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin die soon?  (Read 43353 times)
Polar91

Activity: 1120
Merit: 553

Filipino Translator 🇵🇭

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2017, 09:38:54 PM

I have sent BTC yesterday but one day passed it is not confirmed, I have raised mining fee, this sucks.
Maybe that scenario happens because of bitcoin's operational service is still under improvement as a preparation for the upcoming segwit fork event. But with that, we cannot easily state that bitcoin will die soon. We must hope for the best thing to happen that after the segwit, price value will pump to its normal rate or the best is it will pump higher than the usual.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
panganib999

Activity: 1736
Merit: 589

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2017, 10:27:03 PM

I have sent BTC yesterday but one day passed it is not confirmed, I have raised mining fee, this sucks.
We cannot state or rather claim that bitcoin will die soon just because of the basis that bitcoin's price value is continuously dumping. We must think this as an opportunity to buy bitcoins and wait for the effect to happen after the segwit fork if it will matter the price pump or not. We just have to wait and hope for the best result to happen.
Cocobrayy

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 10:52:04 PM

The possibility of bitcoin will die sooner or later, but as long as it is safe and many who use bitcoin will always be alive
kriptotr

Activity: 249
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 11:13:06 PM

Bitcoin was not developed to die any day, developed to change the worl's economy. So never expect and predict that bitcoin die soon or lately. It will survive in any case because of its adopters.  Wink
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1658

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 11:18:24 PM

We cannot state or rather claim that bitcoin will die soon just because of the basis that bitcoin's price value is continuously dumping. We must think this as an opportunity to buy bitcoins and wait for the effect to happen after the segwit fork if it will matter the price pump or not. We just have to wait and hope for the best result to happen.

Correct. The price dumping is not a indicator that bitcoin will die just like that. Bitcoin has also crashed in 2013 after the bubble has been burst. But then bitcoin did not die but a lot of investors take advantage of it and hold on bitcoin. And fast forward 2017 the price rise to an unprecedented level making a lot of millionaires. So this should be our mindset about the current situation and not spread FUD around.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 11:18:33 PM

Bitcoin will never die. It is one of the greatest technological innovation in digital money in our century. It can be used for different purposes and means. These have been talked here many times so I am not going to repeat them. As long as bitcoin will bypass the necessity of a central authority like a central bank to tell us what is better for us to do, it will live and it will be cherished by many people. Bitcoin will die is just a nonsense from media and central banks trying to put mud on bitcoin face.
Nope possibility that will continue to exist, although bitcoin is a technology with a very new innovation today but did not rule out bitcoin will get more sophisticated competitors in the future? Because the technology will progress. If all users leave the bitcoin, of course bitcoin will die
spadormie

Activity: 840
Merit: 268

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 11:21:31 PM

No bitcoin will not die. You really just need to wait in order for your transmission to transfer. It is just a matter of time. My friend waited almost a month for him to withdraw his .25 btc. And for you btc you just need to wait or try to better the fees in order for it to become faster.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
bs.glory

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 11:38:58 PM

I think this is more on inevitable situation when handlers came up to innovation then bugs up within the process. If BTC will die soon, there must be something wrong with the world's economic stability. Yet it is too impossible, wherein there are main Technicals or great backup to restore which has been damaged. Nor in other terms, BTC currency value will adjust in order to sustain.
Zenithar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 11:57:08 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2017, 01:11:40 AM by Zenithar

Bitcoin will not die any time soon . It may drop drastically in price and it may sky rocket in price . It really depends on who is backing it and how much money people or business pump into it .  IT has massive support atm .
no bitcoin is not going to die but i am sure that its popularity will be increasing from time to time. i think those people who are getting information about bitcoin they are really taking interest in bitcoin and investing money in bitcoin, which is increasing the demand of bitcoin and its price. i am sure bitcoin will remain for a  long long time and hope that it will be our first  choice as currency and we will be able to use it even in our local shops for shopping and purchasing any other thing.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 01:02:37 AM

This is a ridiculous topic, I don't think that bitcoin is going to die very soon. because Bitcoin is getting popular and acceptable nowadays, many private sectors are going to allow it as a payment tool so it is one of the reasons to live Bitcoin a long time. but some people have been afraid of a rumor about coming August. I certainly want to say that it is just a policy to reduce the value of Bitcoin by Creating a panic selling situation.

bitcoin will never die, although it fluctuates it price right now but i am sure and confidently know that bitcoin will never be die , it will live for so many years, few more days it will back to its natural price im will really hopes it because bitcoin helps me very much i really want to earn and make it as my investment right now.
Bitcoin will die just like fiat will but I know not now. Bitcoin is just fresh so the price of it is still volatile and fluctuate much. plus because of the upcomming event on august 1. which is the voting between segwit and hardfork. may the best wins between the two.
I think fiat will not die because fiat is the main currency that will continue to use in every country. Different from bitcoin which only as option. Of course bitcoin may die but not for the near future. Yeah because bitcoin is new and still young, bitcoin will continue to grow
Heronzkey

Activity: 191
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 03:05:50 AM

Will Bitcoin be as soon as possible?
I do not think that's right before I'm here and I'm starting to post it, hopefully it will reach 2020 because I still do not earn bitcoin.
inthelongrun

Activity: 1750
Merit: 594

The Martian Child

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 03:21:42 AM

I receive bitcoin from blockchain of friend, he sent with default fee so i see only 0.00029 btc fee for 0.01 BTC he sent me, 2 days does not confirm till now and i just check my coinbase transaction disappear, so sad, anyone knows what happen next and how increase fee blockchain thank you

It would be wiser for you to hold still and avoid bitcoin transactions. I think this is some kind of an early traffic.

If I'm not mistaken, the segwit will be introduced a few days before August 1. The advice will be to secure bitcoins in a safe place and avoid bitcoin transactions. However, it seems the blockchain traffic is getting worse this early because of the upcoming development.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
KnightElite

Activity: 924
Merit: 275

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 03:40:13 AM

This is a ridiculous topic, I don't think that bitcoin is going to die very soon. because Bitcoin is getting popular and acceptable nowadays, many private sectors are going to allow it as a payment tool so it is one of the reasons to live Bitcoin a long time. but some people have been afraid of a rumor about coming August. I certainly want to say that it is just a policy to reduce the value of Bitcoin by Creating a panic selling situation.

bitcoin will never die, although it fluctuates it price right now but i am sure and confidently know that bitcoin will never be die , it will live for so many years, few more days it will back to its natural price im will really hopes it because bitcoin helps me very much i really want to earn and make it as my investment right now.
Bitcoin will die just like fiat will but I know not now. Bitcoin is just fresh so the price of it is still volatile and fluctuate much. plus because of the upcomming event on august 1. which is the voting between segwit and hardfork. may the best wins between the two.
I think fiat will not die because fiat is the main currency that will continue to use in every country. Different from bitcoin which only as option. Of course bitcoin may die but not for the near future. Yeah because bitcoin is new and still young, bitcoin will continue to grow
Yeah you're correct when you say the fiat will not die because it is the main currency. But i think bitcoin will never die. I know bitcoin will face many challenges and obstacles and I know all of them will surpass by the bitcoin.
ladydark

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 05:38:49 AM

Now,bitcoin network is free from such problems.Now,since segwit is to be activated in august 1,spammers have left the network and now transactions get confirmed quickly even with 0.0002 btc fee.So the greatest problem which bitcoin network faced has been solved.

renes

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 05:41:44 AM

No, I don't think bitcoin will die in the next 10-20 years. Satoshi said that in the next 20 years either there are high volume transactions or not.
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 12:12:27 PM

No bitcoin will not die. You really just need to wait in order for your transmission to transfer. It is just a matter of time. My friend waited almost a month for him to withdraw his .25 btc. And for you btc you just need to wait or try to better the fees in order for it to become faster.

Actually we have two options: we either wait as long as it is needed for transaction with low fee to be confirmed or we can pay 300+ sats/byte and our transaction will be confiormed within 25 minutes. If I were transfering 0.25 BTC I would definitely choose the second option.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1131

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 12:16:04 PM

Title is misleading since you are just pertaining on bitcoin transactions but well I would answer such thing though. Bitcoin wont die easily for sure since there are lots of users who do still engage with it and the thing you do experience is one of the problems which is bitcoin facing. Slow confirmations specially when theres a lots of unconfirmed transactions in the network and I would like to ask on how much fees did you set? since you do said you raised the fees.

channingwilmer

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 01:35:34 PM

Will Bitcoin be as soon as possible?
I do not think that's right before I'm here and I'm starting to post it, hopefully it will reach 2020 because I still do not earn bitcoin.
I don't know what you think but for me, it will be strong and be used often by people around the world in the next few years. For you, I think Bitcoin is still recruiting employees, try to get in, work for them and you will have money. Try hard my friend. And Bitcoin won't die.

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░▄███████████▄
░░░░▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░▀██▄
░░░██▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░▀██
░░██▀░░▄██▀▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
██▀░░██▀░░▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
██▀░░██░░▄██▀▀▀█▄
██░░██░░██▀
██░░▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄░░██
██░░██░░██▄
██▄░░██░░▀██▄▄▄█▀
██▄░░██▄░░▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░██▄░░▀██▄▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
░░░██▄░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄██
░░░░▀██▄▄░░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░░░░▀███████████▀
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░▄███████████▄
░░░░▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░▀██▄
░░░██▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░▀██
░░██▀░░▄██▀▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
██▀░░██▀░░▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
██▀░░██░░▄██▀▀▀█▄
██░░██░░██▀
██░░▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄░░██
██░░██░░██▄
██▄░░██░░▀██▄▄▄█▀
██▄░░██▄░░▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░██▄░░▀██▄▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
░░░██▄░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄██
░░░░▀██▄▄░░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░░░░▀███████████▀
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀  Twitter
▀  Telegram
▀  Facebook
▀  ANN Thread
▀  Whitepaper
▀  Website
kuyaJ

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 01:42:29 PM

Bitcoin won't die, before this happen an improvement will be chosen to be implemented. The question is if it will have a hard fork or not. I personalyl don't like the idea, I think it's very bad for the Bitcoin unity that was built along the years, but the transaction fees can't continue increasing like now and the delay can't continue. All we can do is to wait and see what happens...

Bitcoin is not easy to kill but there are some reason why bitcoin die. Maybe bitcoin can die if people saw it's disadvantage than it's advantage in that case people will not use it anymore. In this world, once a people easily being famous suddenly it can forget easily like bubble.
hassanabid

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 01:58:51 PM

Bitcoin won't die, before this happen an improvement will be chosen to be implemented. The question is if it will have a hard fork or not. I personalyl don't like the idea, I think it's very bad for the Bitcoin unity that was built along the years, but the transaction fees can't continue increasing like now and the delay can't continue. All we can do is to wait and see what happens...

Bitcoin is not easy to kill but there are some reason why bitcoin die. Maybe bitcoin can die if people saw it's disadvantage than it's advantage in that case people will not use it anymore. In this world, once a people easily being famous suddenly it can forget easily like bubble.

WEll at this level and 8 years in the market bitcoin will not die, somehow its value will fluctuate pretty fast , but still profit able
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: