Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:24:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 110 »
  Print  
Author Topic: So Bitcoin is better than Gold?  (Read 53388 times)
David Horton (OP)

Activity: 96
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 10:42:58 AM

So Bitcoin is better than Gold? Roll Eyes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2017, 10:56:03 AM

Wake me up when you can transfer $1 billion worth of gold for $2 in ~10 minutes from any to any location of the world. Roll Eyes

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 11:32:00 AM

Wake me up when you can transfer $1 billion worth of gold for $2 in ~10 minutes from any to any location of the world. Roll Eyes

Stop convincing people that bitcoin is better than anything not only gold, I can't afford to buy a single coin ever since price jumped from $1100 to $1800 Sad I didn't realized then but now I'm not telling anyone about bitcoin any more, because I've realized that I've found a gold mine and what an idiot I was to shout about it every where.
Bitcoin becoming mainstream and with 50K transactions per second in the future as we all know is inevitable but we must take advantage while is in infancy stage.

Btw, is it $2000 which you can take cash out of a country when you travel by airplane or was it $10,000?
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 11:41:32 AM

Stop convincing people that bitcoin is better than anything not only gold, I can't afford to buy a single coin ever since price jumped from $1100 to $1800 Sad I didn't realized then but now I'm not telling anyone about bitcoin any more, because I've realized that I've found a gold mine and what an idiot I was to shout about it every where.
Bitcoin becoming mainstream and with 50K transactions per second in the future as we all know is inevitable but we must take advantage while is in infancy stage.

Btw, is it $2000 which you can take cash out of a country when you travel by airplane or was it $10,000?

lol, your answer is weird on so many different levels Smiley

first of all you are claiming that bitcoin is a gold mine and is in its infancy yet say you can't afford to invest in it! if you think it is a gold mine and will rise up then it means buying 0.1BTC will be profitable for you in the future, surely you can spare $180 to invest that much!

and besides, bitcoin has hit the media hard, whether you tell anyone or not they already know about it. things are unstoppable now.

p.s it is 10K per family

pp.s you should have listened to your own advice:
Currently price is at average $1010 ... deposit as much fiat as you can to buy bitcoins to accumulate

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 11:47:11 AM

Well the image clearly answers and I feel it done a brilliant job to answer op question. I have been personally telling my family and friends, to avoid gold and opt for Bitcoins since last September, and boy they did make some good money. As far the third post, you are really confused 😕, just cause it shoot up now you don't like it? So you mean to say, just cause you told people it shot up, wake up Bitcoin world is bigger than the you. Then again let's take advantage why so mixed. Be happy it's growing and keep on telling people, more people more useful for all.
dave3

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 12:08:39 PM

Bitcoin obviously has a lot of different properties than gold, and is in many ways better than gold.

Or, at the very least, you could say it's similar to gold (in terms of value).

Perhaps someday, in the not so distant future, people will be happy to get a few mBTC to store their family's wealth.
xapwxrm5742

Activity: 258

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 12:21:49 PM

bitcoin is a better investment than the gold.but but the gold is more stabilizer than the bitcoin
so you could choose the investment by yourself
I think the bitcoin is better than gold.
Faith Joy

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 12:54:04 PM

I think bitcoin is not better that gold but is is a very helpful thing for us to invest a gold. Bitcoin is an expensive electronic money so we can use it to gain money and riches here on earth. Like as gold it is helpful for us to use our bitcoin and investments wisely and productively as gold. Bitcoin is a wise thing to use as gold.
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 01:04:05 PM

Well the image clearly answers and I feel it done a brilliant job to answer op question. I have been personally telling my family and friends, to avoid gold and opt for Bitcoins since last September, and boy they did make some good money. As far the third post, you are really confused 😕, just cause it shoot up now you don't like it? So you mean to say, just cause you told people it shot up, wake up Bitcoin world is bigger than the you. Then again let's take advantage why so mixed. Be happy it's growing and keep on telling people, more people more useful for all.

The infomatic is really cool, if a little misleading. Fiat is better for spending than Bitcoin. The 25c tip is also out of date now, you would't be able to send it anymore with fees being so high!
suggested miner's fee? Not if you actually want your Bitcoin to arrive!
Theft protection, Mt. Gox, viruses, trojans, lost phones, hacked account. Do they not count. I lost 0.8btc to Mt Gox, that is more than I have ever lost or had stolen in fiat, ever!

Crossing borders is a big advantage at the moment with Bitcoin, though it will apparently become the norm that the NSA will check your phone/computer to check for dodgy activity, including seeing that you don't have lots of Crypto.
korkycat

Activity: 2

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2017, 01:20:10 PM

I don't get the statement I keep hearing, that is to say Bitcoin is worth more than an ounce of gold!!!?? - how can that be, I mean what does an ounce of bitcoin look like?  no wait....
tonmlike

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 01:21:31 PM

Personally, I think BTC is better. After all, BTC can be paid quickly and globally, and at the same time, it's safe and convenient.
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 01:25:56 PM

You are newbie here and must be you don't know that this question appeared on the forum sevral times already. I will not write here my opinion, just here is the link where you can read everything what you wander about: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=508270.0
David Horton (OP)

Activity: 96

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 01:28:51 PM

I don't get the statement I keep hearing, that is to say Bitcoin is worth more than an ounce of gold!!!?? - how can that be, I mean what does an ounce of bitcoin look like?  no wait....
To answer your question; Gold Price per Ounce $1,235.40 whereas 1BTC $1823,69...I am assuming that you can see the difference now
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 01:39:54 PM

I like that "traits of money" picture, it helps explaining noobs the properties of money against gold and fiat, but there's a mistake on it. Notice how they put "Government issued" as a positive which is ridiculous. The "Low" should be green to indicate a positive trait and the "high" should be red to indicate a negative trait.

Fixed version:

iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 01:41:29 PM

If you choose to invest in a short time then bitcoin is much more profitable. But if you have a longer time then gold is a much safer investment. It all depends on the condition, because there is no perfect thing in this world.
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 01:42:16 PM

Personally, I think BTC is better. After all, BTC can be paid quickly and globally, and at the same time, it's safe and convenient.
And on top of that bitcoin supply is limited and demand is growing because it is more convenient to buy. As well as it is easier to hold bitcoin for long term and if we compare return over holding bitcoin and gold for last 5 years, profit from holding bitcoin is way higher than that from gold.  
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 01:43:38 PM

Ehh? Is it Lauda's or anyone's fault that you're broke and can't afford a single btc? It is not. It's purely your fault. Even if you hide bitcoin's existence from the people around you and even if you choose to never speak about it again, people will find out about it eventually. Might not from you, because you chose to withhold information. We live in the information age, people will find out everything they want to know about anything.

You should be grateful that you've found the "gold mine" right now. And maybe "mine" some now.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

moviebuff777

Activity: 378

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 01:44:40 PM

The potential for a big gain is probably better with bitcoin than with gold. But there is also more risk with bitcoin because it isn't as well know or accepted as gold is right now.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆

Hero/Legendary

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████
mmo4me.2016

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 01:48:19 PM

The BTC is good when you need to transfer large amounts of money that no one can manage. In general, there are many reasons, but BTC is very attractive
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 02:02:35 PM

Better than gold in business point of view because if you are going to trade bitcoin you will get a better profit than gold. However gold is safe and risk free than bitcoins, bitcoins involve some risk but can generate a good profit as well.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 110 »
  Print  

Jump to: