Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:38:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Wafer Broke?  (Read 13656 times)
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 05:16:56 PM

Kano,

I think getting the press to shine the light on the dark shadowy corners of BFL will reveal some interesting truths that BFL does not want the public to know.

Whether or not they actually ever deliver a device is beside the point. All of the inexcusable delays and promises that were broken on many levels warrants a press/media outlet to waltz over to BFL and bring their camera crew.

Have to agree.  BFL should be accountable for both words and actions.  If the actions (building a 65nm Bitcoin hashing device) are hard - that's one thing.

Words.  Lies.  Willful misrepresentation?  That's another.

+1   Lies and willful misrepresentation has been shown by BFL and again anyone that continues to defend this outfit pretty much has no integrity.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 06:38:46 PM

I think getting the press to shine the light on the dark shadowy corners of BFL will reveal some interesting truths that BFL does not want the public to know.
Whether or not they actually ever deliver a device is beside the point. All of the inexcusable delays and promises that were broken on many levels warrants a press/media outlet to waltz over to BFL and bring their camera crew.

Whatever you do, DO NOT chant the name "Adrian Chen" three times in a row.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1805

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 09:31:03 PM

Kano,

Have to agree.  BFL should be accountable for both words and actions.  If the actions (building a 65nm Bitcoin hashing device) are hard - that's one thing.

Words.  Lies.  Willful misrepresentation?  That's another.

Well I suspect the answer to any such investigation would simply be what I posted back in February in "My Opinion"

If the point of such is to make them deliver faster, it will of course not work.

If instead there is some other agenda, well yes you might succeed in slowing things down.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 11:26:18 PM

Kano,

Have to agree.  BFL should be accountable for both words and actions.  If the actions (building a 65nm Bitcoin hashing device) are hard - that's one thing.

Words.  Lies.  Willful misrepresentation?  That's another.

Well I suspect the answer to any such investigation would simply be what I posted back in February in "My Opinion"

If the point of such is to make them deliver faster, it will of course not work.

If instead there is some other agenda, well yes you might succeed in slowing things down.

Kano,

The agenda would be to get the facts/truth of why the delays.

As all preorder customers waiting months and months, they are by definition INVESTORS given BFL did not have a working product at the time. So their monies likely went into the R&D of BFL ASICs.

As investors they have a stake in the company's success (implicitly) and deserve to see the accounting behind BFL.

I suspect if such an investigation did start...we would find that BFL was in fact running a ponzi. (getting new customer monies to help finish producing said devices for initial investors)....and cycle through that a few times.

Hard to deny that simple fact there given BFL keeps saying they will need several months (likely a year IMHO) to get through all the preorders.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

sensei

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 11:43:30 PM

I went to BFL in February - as I wrote a blog about ... and anyone except those who're noobs or stupid would already know.

Wow, the arrogance is incredible.

Rate yourself much?

Who are you?

I appreciate you're a developer for one of the two main mining softwares. But for all intense and purposes you're an unknown hiding behind a pseudonym on an Internet forum, what on earth propels you to the upper echelons of assumption to believe that everyone but n00bs or the stupid would choose to willingly spend their free time following you?

Get a grip man! Some people do things outside and away from computers.

Should someone wish to follow you, you don't even help your cause by supplying a link in your signature.

I don't see why you make such a fuss of it. He is simply right, you must be stupid or a newcomer to not know about that visit...or Luke´s visit.

I'm neither and I didn't know. Maybe I just don't care.
philips

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 12:18:11 AM

Not a newcomer?
kano
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 01:08:40 AM

Kano,

As all preorder customers waiting months and months, they are by definition INVESTORS given BFL did not have a working product at the time. So their monies likely went into the R&D of BFL ASICs.

As investors they have a stake in the company's success (implicitly) and deserve to see the accounting behind BFL.

I suspect if such an investigation did start...we would find that BFL was in fact running a ponzi. (getting new customer monies to help finish producing said devices for initial investors)....and cycle through that a few times.

Hard to deny that simple fact there given BFL keeps saying they will need several months (likely a year IMHO) to get through all the preorders.
Well I'm simply pointing out that although there may be nefarious reasons (but I don't think there are) that at this point in time, going after BFL will not expedite anyone's orders.

As I said in the blog, there are certainly a number of understandable reasons for it.
I also did quite clearly say that, and why, BFL is to blame, not someone else.

They have, however, made head roads into that finally and even delivered a small number of Jalapenos.
I guess if they don't start delivering much soon, then we'll be almost back into where we were before the Jalapenos were delivered.
Though I would be surprised if it happened, or if they didn't give a reason if it did.

I guess the other point to mention (about me) is that it is quite obvious to see when I've made comments that have made me a target.
Once I actually had the Jalapeno, yes indeed I have been more vocal of BFL.
I think it's quite obvious why: they have delivered to me hardware that works.
How can I not consider that meaning they can certainly, 100%, produce this hardware?

Oddly people seem to think this is some sort of "pay off" though I've even made it quite clear that I don't consider being given hardware as "free" coz of the effort I end up spending on it (and an aside I spent hours last night and yesterday fscking with Avalon code with ckolivas sorting out direct USB ... and we still don't have it completely sorted yet ... wtf am I doing that? I don't actually know myself Tongue I certainly don't want an Avalon and have turned down offers ...)

People have been saying, for the long time of the delay to delivery, that BFL is a scam or a ponzi.
Now they have delivered hardware, it's now ... "they're late and there are nefarious reasons why"
Well, we all know they are late, and trying to slow them down could ... make them even later Tongue
... which is the point of my last posts.

... and reread what you wrote, you are suggesting reasons, and then using those suggested reasons as truths in the same post.

The biggest point I can make, however, is that BFL clearly made money delivering BFL FPGAs (late) and have then gone and created BFL ASICs (late) that work.
From the point of anyone who understands the process of producing these devices, it makes no sense at all to even call it a ponzi once they have delivered even a few devices.
Nothing like this already exists anywhere else.
Avalon chips are slower than the FPGA's in a BFL FPGA single - they just use a lot less power than the FPGA so when you add 240 of them together you get ... ~67GH/s
ASICMINER chips are the same.
No one else has produced a dedicated ASIC chip that can pump out >2.5GH/s ... anywhere.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 01:14:11 AM

Kano,

Well I'm simply pointing out that although there may be nefarious reasons (but I don't think there are) that at this point in time, going after BFL will not expedite anyone's orders.

As I said in the blog, there are certainly a number of understandable reasons for it.
I also did quite clearly say that, and why, BFL is to blame, not someone else.

They have, however, made head roads into that finally and even delivered a small number of Jalapenos.
I guess if they don't start delivering much soon, then we'll be almost back into where we were before the Jalapenos were delivered.
Though I would be surprised if it happened, or if they didn't give a reason if it did.

I guess the other point to mention (about me) is that it is quite obvious to see when I've made comments that have made me a target.
Once I actually had the Jalapeno, yes indeed I have been more vocal of BFL.
I think it's quite obvious why: they have delivered to me hardware that works.
How can I not consider that meaning they can certainly, 100%, produce this hardware?

Oddly people seem to think this is some sort of "pay off" though I've even made it quite clear that I don't consider being given hardware as "free" coz of the effort I end up spending on it (and an aside I spent hours last night and yesterday fscking with Avalon code with ckolivas sorting out direct USB ... and we still don't have it completely sorted yet ... wtf am I doing that? I don't actually know myself Tongue I certainly don't want an Avalon and have turned down offers ...)

People have been saying, for the long time of the delay to delivery, that BFL is a scam or a ponzi.
Now they have delivered hardware, it's now ... "they're late and there are nefarious reasons why"
Well, we all know they are late, and trying to slow them down could ... make them even later Tongue
... which is the point of my last posts.

... and reread what you wrote, you are suggesting reasons, and then using those suggested reasons as truths in the same post.

The biggest point I can make, however, is that BFL clearly made money delivering BFL FPGAs (late) and have then gone and created BFL ASICs (late) that work.
From the point of anyone who understands the process of producing these devices, it makes no sense at all to even call it a ponzi once they have delivered even a few devices.
Nothing like this already exists anywhere else.
Avalon chips are slower than the FPGA's in a BFL FPGA single - they just use a lot less power than the FPGA so when you add 240 of them together you get ... ~67GH/s
ASICMINER chips are the same.
No one else has produced a dedicated ASIC chip that can pump out >2.5GH/s ... anywhere.

Millions of $'s later only a few Jaly's are working....hardly an accomplishment when we clearly have Avalon and ASIC miner producing devices faster than bfl.

Sure you got your free device...have you thanked all the preorder customers that been subsidized so that you could get it before most everyone else?  Roll Eyes

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

kano
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 01:20:39 AM

Sure you got your free device...have you thanked all the preorder customers that been subsidized so that you could get it before most everyone else?  Roll Eyes
Well the software driver I wrote is the fastest and best software for mining on the device ... that everyone can have for free Smiley

Yeah we can both word it however we like.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 01:23:41 AM

Well the software driver I wrote is the fastest and best software for mining on the device ... that everyone can have for free Smiley

LOL how much time did it take you to write that? 10 months? + millions of $?

lol hardly a comparison Kano.

But nice try to down play and NOT answer my serious question I posed to you.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

kano
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 01:48:40 AM

You? Serious? Yeah right. That doesn't even make sense what you just typed.

I wonder who am I supposed to be thanking when a Block Erupter USB turns up in my post shortly? Tongue

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 01:54:17 AM

You? Serious? Yeah right. That doesn't even make sense what you just typed.

I wonder who am I supposed to be thanking when a Block Erupter USB turns up in my post shortly? Tongue

So why wont you answer my questions?

1. it doesnt take millions of $ to write driver software for 1 device nor does it take 10 months.

2. Did you accidentally turn on your BFL troll switch?  Tongue

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

kano
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 02:03:59 AM

1. it doesnt take millions of $ to write driver software for 1 device nor does it take 10 months.

2. Did you accidentally turn on your BFL troll switch?  Tongue

1. No question mark, but also nonsensical.

2. Click?

Crypt_Current

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 02:33:35 AM

I'm seriously thinking about suing Smoothie re:  wasting my time  Angry

Goddammit, Kano's posts are rock-solid.  Dumb, dumb, trolls...  I have a lot of time to waste, but I don't imagine some of these trolls even sleep...

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 04:13:45 AM

This question is just from my curiosity.   Why do you write all these software optimization programs for free?

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 04:50:08 AM

2. Did you accidentally turn on your BFL troll switch?  Tongue

1. No question mark, but also nonsensical.

2. Click?

Read above posts ^ Genius. 1 and 2 were things I wanted to make sure I was clear about. Another set of topics you failed to address on how comparing your "free development" is even on the same playing field as taking millions of $ and taking 10+ months of time as BFL has.

But keep on keeping on Kano. The more diverting you are in your responses the more I tend to believe that you are indeed a paid BFL shill. Whether it is true or not does not matter, you operate as if you are one.

At least puerto was somewhat funny lol. You are just plain lame.

Good luck backing BFL because when they implode you will get a ton of flack for supporting them.

Grin Grin Grin

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

sunblaster

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 05:00:48 AM

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 05:10:02 AM

But keep on keeping on Kano. The more diverting you are in your responses the more I tend to believe that you are indeed a paid BFL shill. Whether it is true or not does not matter, you operate as if you are one.

At least puerto was somewhat funny lol. You are just plain lame.

Good luck backing BFL because when they implode you will get a ton of flack for supporting them.

Grin Grin Grin

I could be funnier, but I am worried of being charged with humorcide.
sensei

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 02:09:27 PM

You could say that essentially that no still has not. A few prototype test units have been shipped out. Those that ordered are still waiting.

When they start shipping out en mass, your statement would be correct.
sensei

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 02:12:27 PM

I thank you very much for the software, but it doesn't do any of us any good without anything to run it on.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: