Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:05:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Wafer Broke?  (Read 13656 times)
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 02:20:50 PM

Sure you got your free device...have you thanked all the preorder customers that been subsidized so that you could get it before most everyone else?  Roll Eyes
Well the software driver I wrote is the fastest and best software for mining on the device ... that everyone can have for free Smiley

Yeah we can both word it however we like.

I thank you very much for the software, but it doesn't do any of us any good without anything to run it on.

Checkmate!

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jordaninthesky

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 05:33:07 PM

Josh paid Kano to do it, and now all the anger is targeted at Kano and Josh is not around because he might actually be doing his job.  BFL needs official representation and to keep the customer out of the R&D process that legally shouldn't exist.  They are fucking up big time, but Kano is pretty spot on as far as development goes.  I'd prefer if Kano was working at their facility though and prototypes were kept in house, but that's another point.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1805

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 08:43:43 PM

Sure you got your free device...have you thanked all the preorder customers that been subsidized so that you could get it before most everyone else?  Roll Eyes
Well the software driver I wrote is the fastest and best software for mining on the device ... that everyone can have for free Smiley

I thank you very much for the software, but it doesn't do any of us any good without anything to run it on.
Correct.
However, it also doesn't do any good releasing hardware that doesn't have software to run on it.
The rather obvious reason why developers got Jalapenos first.
Though I don't know what playing chess has to do with bitcoin mining, maybe someone else couldn't work out which forum they were on.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 08:55:37 PM

Correct.
However, it also doesn't do any good releasing hardware that doesn't have software to run on it.
Though I don't know what playing chess has to do with bitcoin mining, maybe someone else couldn't work out which forum they were on.
To those with a sense of the situation, it means that you should not gloat that you got free hardware. Nor defend a company (so readily) when their very customers have been largely disenfranchised for a lengthy period of time.

For example, try keeping it "low key".
kano
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 09:27:06 PM

Correct.
To those with a sense of the situation, it means that you should not gloat that you got free hardware. Nor defend a company (so readily) when their very customers have been largely disenfranchised for a lengthy period of time.

As usual PL you are a moron.

I am not gloating that I got free hardware. I got hardware that I had to spend a lot of time and effort on to write the software for it (over the last 5 months) that I am giving away for free to everyone else ... and as they get their devices, which is already happening, though not many yet, that software is ready.

It is high key!
I've spent a lot of effort on software for a device I've (not received for free) that everyone can have the best mining software for it for free as soon as they get their devices.

OK I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say something ...
Do you live in some 3rd world communist country where people get paid nothing for their efforts and thus you consider spending time and effort on something as shit and worth nothing thus the way you bandy about that word 'free' over and over again?
Don't bother answering, coz you have already answered the second half of it and I don't really care where you live.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 12:06:37 AM

Correct.

I am not gloating that I got free hardware. I got hardware that I had to spend a lot of time and effort on to write the software for it (over the last 5 months) that I am giving away for free to everyone else ... and as they get their devices, which is already happening, though not many yet, that software is ready.

It is high key!
I've spent a lot of effort on software for a device I've (not received for free) that everyone can have the best mining software for it for free as soon as they get their devices.

Do you live in some 3rd world communist country where people get paid nothing for their efforts and thus you consider spending time and effort on something as shit and worth nothing thus the way you bandy about that word 'free' over and over again?
Don't bother answering, coz you have already answered the second half of it and I don't really care where you live.

I disagree. The mere fact that you choose to divert attention away from the fact that you are a BFL cheerleader and how you have still not thanked the many thousands of preorder customers for your free device says otherwise. Your retort (pretty lame) is that you are writing/written driver software etc.

You can't compare you writing driver software for 1 vendor's device(s) and the millions of $ and 10+ month wait time BFL has taken to produce asics with INVESTOR PREORDER MONIES.

QUESTION: Why don't you take your stuck up ass off of the forums from trolling and diverting attention and go work on more driver software?

Instead of gloating that you are developing why not just do it and STFU. No one gives a shit what you are doing when you got a free ASIC device customers have been waiting 10+ months for and you get one before them and for free.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 12:19:39 AM

Correct.

It is high key!

They should have your picture in a dictionary

Arrogance= Kano
Denial = Kano
Hubris = Kano

Good work mate....You have sooooo much love in  the community with the way you conduct yourself

OBJECT NOT FOUND
sunblaster

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 12:19:46 AM

it's broken so can't be possibly be delayed for any reason.
tigerfree
Legendary

Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 12:20:56 AM

YipYip

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 12:21:54 AM

You sir are a fraud !!!

Thats not a wafer or even waffles (Yummmm Cheesy )

Its a broken CD-R .....your even so cheap to not use a DVD !!    Cheesy

OBJECT NOT FOUND
sunblaster

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 12:30:31 AM

You sir are a fraud !!!

Opps must be bumping facility issues, will post update in a week, should be ready then  Wink

kano
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 12:41:10 AM

QUESTION: Why don't you take your stuck up ass off of the forums from trolling and diverting attention and go work on more driver software?
Yeah I do work on cgminer most days Smiley
Programming and support.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 01:46:32 AM

Correct.

It is high key!

Yes, it is called America.

Consider that you keep defending the lateness of customers packages. Sorry, but you need to cut that shit out....

You are in a privileged position (and don't even have the heart of even a true GNU coder) so don't bemoan that you give away for free. As always you are a moron with entitlement issues.
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:22:30 AM

As always you are a moron with entitlement issues.

Mirror, mirror...

Typical problem with most Americans who are not shit-poor... Those that ARE shit-poor... well, they seem to have entitlement issues as well, but at least they're (generally) too stupid to know how to navigate and utilize the Interwebs properly  Cheesy Wink

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:55:45 AM

As always you are a moron with entitlement issues.

Mirror, mirror...

Typical problem with most Americans who are not shit-poor... Those that ARE shit-poor... well, they seem to have entitlement issues as well, but at least they're (generally) too stupid to know how to navigate and utilize the Interwebs properly  Cheesy Wink
Uh I wouldn't touch that subject in front of Kano. He is on some form of assistance. (As are apparently 47% of Americans)

I am definitely not one of them.
YipYip

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:56:57 AM

You sir are a fraud !!!

Opps must be bumping facility issues, will post update in a week, should be ready then  Wink

++ Cheesy

OBJECT NOT FOUND
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:01:28 AM

Yeah I do work on cgminer most days Smiley
Programming and support.

Obviously it doesnt take up enough of your time given all the bullshit you post on this forum.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

sunblaster

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 07:51:56 AM

this thread ran out of steam on page 1, now it's offically hi-jacked
I challenge next poster to post a meme  Grin
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 12:33:53 PM

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
Red_Evil

Activity: 1484

Across The Universe

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 06:17:26 PM

So I heard one of BFL's wafers were broken and they're waiting on another batch. If this is true, it will add to the delays.  Anyone know if this is true?

Yes, it's true. A sack of rice fell over in China and crushed the wafer.

Dadadumm ...

5 Wafers = ~ 30 Jalapenos 60 Chips ^^
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: