Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:08:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will silver ever skyrocket?  (Read 3823 times)
asylum1 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 03:27:34 PM

people say it will go to one thousand dollars an ounce or more but if it showed signs of going that high tech companies would likely switch to cheaper metals as alternatives and phasing silver out. it probably would not sky rocket for that reason alone.

i think so many people have silver that if it did go up to one thousand dollars an ounce it would cause economic inflation.

am i mistaken or did i miss something?
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Symphony_fr

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 03:36:36 PM

I do not think that silver will grow too fast. It can only be used for very long investments or for those who have very little money to invest because it is too cheap.

grermezter

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 05:42:11 PM

I really doubt it ever will, if you do have some, sell it and get some Gold rather, gold seem to skyrocket whenever there is a major disaster and it seems that almost happens on at least a monthly basis. Gold is the best investment for terrible times.

OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 05:56:48 PM

people say it will go to one thousand dollars an ounce or more but if it showed signs of going that high tech companies would likely switch to cheaper metals as alternatives and phasing silver out. it probably would not sky rocket for that reason alone.

i think so many people have silver that if it did go up to one thousand dollars an ounce it would cause economic inflation.

Theoretically silver could go way up, but I doubt it.

There are various schools of thought on silver.  Because it is used by industry, and ("they say") it is relatively scarce re physical gold, that means should there be a squeeze, Ag could go way up.  Silver is the best metal for various electrical applications.

But, my money is mainly on gold.  The Central Banks do not store silver (nor Bitcoin for that matter).  They store gold.  Central Banks are not stupid.
CataloniaFM

Activity: 145

🌟 eSports ICO: 01/11/2017 🌟

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 06:01:44 PM

There are various schools of thought on silver.  Because it is used by industry, and ("they say") it is relatively scarce re physical gold, that means should there be a squeeze, Ag could go way up.  Silver is the best metal for various electrical applications.

But, my money is mainly on gold.  The Central Banks do not store silver (nor Bitcoin for that matter).  They store gold.  Central Banks are not stupid.

I agree. It is most profitable to invest in gold. Silver can also come in handy in the event of collapse, but it will not be as valuable as gold.

lordquanta

Activity: 770
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 06:04:08 PM

It could go up and big whales monopolize the silver supply and then made it scares. Weird! hanh.  At this stage, silver is used in many industries thus it is industrial level metal compared to the gold.  The silver supply is in abundance and it does not hold same affection as gold or other precious metals does. But as I said nothing is impossible. Real life example, diamond. Diamonds are NOT at all scare and in fact are found in abundance. Just because their supply is monopolized, their prices have been marked up. In addition to that diamond has been cleverly marketed by Dee beers as symbol of love and stability [1] and [2]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yplI48hSt2E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5kWu1ifBGU

SvenBomvolen

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 06:10:42 PM

Silver may cost thousands dollars only in the case of inflation when couple thousands dollars will cost nothing. As a human with economic education I suppose silver will not cost high in this century. I just don't see reasons for that happen.
Kp4everK

Activity: 172

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 06:40:08 PM

Silver may cost thousands dollars only in the case of inflation when couple thousands dollars will cost nothing. As a human with economic education I suppose silver will not cost high in this century. I just don't see reasons for that happen.

I agree. In the near future there is no reason for such rapid growth of silver. You can invest, but only for fun and for a long time.

darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 06:47:51 PM

Unfortunately no. It would be possible if the mines were hit by a disaster or the amount of silver in the ground was very low.
Silver is mined everywhere, because it exist in various ores like copper, so ore mining in general would have to stop for silver to really gain value, but then all metals would go up, so nobody would really focus purely on silver.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 03:14:18 AM

It seems it's not rare enough compared with gold. I think if you'll have your own vault, there is also the problem of storing it, after all, it's not as inert as gold. It could be more finicky.

I'm too poor to invest in precious metals but if I have money I'd probably buy gold first and just buy silver later (I prefer it over gold - aesthetically).

Since we've you've already touched on gold, what about storing value in jewelry? Does the same amount and purity of gold change in value if it's in jewelry form? Would jewelries appreciate in value over time or do they just stay the same, or worse, drop?
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 03:18:57 AM

I do not think that silver will grow too fast. It can only be used for very long investments or for those who have very little money to invest because it is too cheap.
It makes very nice jewellery too, so it has a practical use.

More to your point is that silver did skyrocket from like 2008-2011.  Now it's in the crapper again,  if you call $16.50 toilette worthy.  Might ve an excellent time to buy for those who like to actually buy low.  I have some but I'm sorta reluctant to buy more.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 05:59:18 AM

I think it has a good chance to be skyrocketed, silver is one of the precious metals and one day it will become scarce and silver being used in many sectors, so many things in our life using silver so when the market has a lot of demands then the price will go up

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 06:23:53 AM

I really doubt it ever will, if you do have some, sell it and get some Gold rather, gold seem to skyrocket whenever there is a major disaster and it seems that almost happens on at least a monthly basis. Gold is the best investment for terrible times.
I think the whole point in investing in Silver now is that ist is historically at a low Silver:Gold price ratio, as well as being more volatile.
The hope is that when Gold rises, Silver will rise even more back to the historical norm ratio and there will be profit to be made.

Don't buy into the whole $1000/oz rubbish, it could be $50 sometime again soon, but even that is far from certain.
There isn't a shortage like some people say, and plenty is mined as a byproduct.
Karmakid

Activity: 742
Merit: 397

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 06:27:11 AM

Silver for a short time investment and that amount i think its really imposible at this time,see gold it didnt skyrocket that much in his past years so dont expect smaller things goes bigger than the big ones
corroze

Activity: 602
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 06:36:43 AM

I think it is unlikely that the price of silver can skyrocket, if we look at trading in the market, because it may be more dominated by gold
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 07:10:05 AM

It will be impossible. Silver as a long-term investment. You must remember the gold is main actor. Silver just an alternative way to keep your investment on the stable invement. and silver is cheap rather than gold. and it makes every one be able to save his money on silver,

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
alexsamudra

Activity: 212

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 07:20:00 AM

Silver is growing rapidly like a rocket but if the investment is cheap.
Windpower

Activity: 532
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 08:10:26 AM

I definitely think that you are mistaken or you just heard some bullshit story from someone else. Silver will not rocket up in price like Bitcoin for example. It is a long term investment with very slowly rises in price as there is less and less on the market.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 08:35:16 AM

Compared to gold, silver has many industrial applications hence fundamentally silver has many aspects to skyrocket in near future. But you cannot expect quicker appreciations like how bitcoin doing right now. I never consider any of bullions for my investment purposes because I am fully satisfied with my cryptocurrency investments.

I think it is unlikely that the price of silver can skyrocket, if we look at trading in the market, because it may be more dominated by gold
Even gold and silver are trading in same direction most of the times, silver is having a separate market space and hence we cannot expect one to follow another. The appearance of dominance in gold is just a delusional, silver has its own cappability to skyrocket.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 02:25:37 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2017, 02:42:02 PM by deisik

You certainly miss something

I'd rather say confuse cause and effect. It is next to impossible for silver to cause "economic inflation". I assume that you mean dollar inflation by that. But the reverse is quite possible, though. If dollar gets massively devalued (for whatever reason), there is no doubt that both gold and silver prices will skyrocket (more gold than silver, but still). This is something like a knee-jerk reaction. Whenever dollar weakens, even if only for a few percentage points, gold instantly reacts and silver follows

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: