Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:12:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will silver ever skyrocket?  (Read 3823 times)
ivanpoldark

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 09:39:50 AM

Silver is the second main investment tool after gold. Because silver broadly used in high tech industry, and worlds fossil resources cannot be increased, but only reduces, i think the price of silver in distant future will definitely grow.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Awesomist

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 10:12:47 AM

Once gold starts to go up (as someone said when inflation hits) silver will bounce up as well but at least twice harder.
AK47-

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 11:22:51 AM

Silver has long to go before it reaches $1000 an ounce. For silver price to boom, gold price need to skyrocket. I feel it is next to impossible as for now. The highest being just $50 in 2011 i.e. not even a triple digits. I would say the current cost curve doesn't support this price. And regarding that inflation part, gold and silver has very less to do with that. Usually prices can go up in both the conditions. So, only inflation doesn't follow the hike in price. It can be deflation too. Or I would say it hardly matter.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 11:35:15 AM

Silver is the second main investment tool after gold. Because silver broadly used in high tech industry, and worlds fossil resources cannot be increased, but only reduces, i think the price of silver in distant future will definitely grow.
Silver is the poor man's gold. If you look at how it has been performing in the last 5 years, then you really start to feel sorry for people that entered the market back then.

But if you look at how the price has been doing from the year 2000, then it has proven to be a more than solid investment, and at the same time a solid store of value.

Long term speaking, the price will surely grow, but if I look at the available options right now, and then namely Bitcoin itself, I will not waste any time on precious metals. It's a waste of time, period.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
ariie

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 11:46:48 AM

I think for silver investment is still very doubtful because silver price is still too cheap,Maybe the silver price can skyrocket, but it will not last long, gold investment is promising in difficult times.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 11:52:52 AM

if it was going to rocket, i think it would have done so by now considering it's had a few thousand years to get ready.

the guys who tell you it's going to rocket are, weirdly enough, usually trying to sell you something.
g___

Activity: 273
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 05:11:12 PM

Long term speaking, the price will surely grow

i believe so.

a few years ago, jp morgan chase bought something like 200 million oz of physical silver. jp morgan is the largest full service investment bank in the entire world. as entire markets are rigged, suppressed, and controlled by only a handful of people/companies, i wonder what they know/are preparing for???

Bacotan Bae

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 01:13:18 AM

I think for silver investment is still very doubtful because silver price is still too cheap,Maybe the silver price can skyrocket, but it will not last long, gold investment is promising in difficult times.
I think it depends on the interest of the peoples and exchanger market, it was the second silver after gold but I think the market will still be welcome as well.

Philanthor.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❤ ❤ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❤ ❤ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❤ ❤ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❤ ❤ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

TOKEN SALE IS LIVE
JOIN NOW
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 01:42:49 AM

Long term speaking, the price will surely grow

i believe so.

a few years ago, jp morgan chase bought something like 200 million oz of physical silver. jp morgan is the largest full service investment bank in the entire world. as entire markets are rigged, suppressed, and controlled by only a handful of people/companies, i wonder what they know/are preparing for???

Maybe they just diversified their portfolio and that's why they decided to buy that large amount of silver and much more because it's cheap, at some point the price could skyrocket, but many years may pass from those that have already passed and maybe even some investor could never see the profits in his entire life, for example silver often takes decades to see significant changes in price, perhaps the benefit is for those who trade large quantities of ounces, nobody would think about getting rich with one or two ounces only.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2017, 11:13:29 AM

You can't issue more paper gold than traders are willing to buy

This is a rule of thumb which derivatives markets (i.e. exchanges) typically follow. Indeed, you can claim that you can buy all this paper gold yourself via phony traders at lower prices (thus driving the price of both metal and paper gold down), but this is a very dangerous endeavor for you since by artificially lowering prices you may cause a massive run for physical metal (i.e. sell more physically-settled futures than in you have gold in your vaults). And if you can't fulfill your obligations following from these contracts, you risk going bust and sued in courts for violation of your promises. This is not so when you bid the price up (i.e. artificially raise the price), therefore paper gold may actually contribute to higher gold prices overall quite contrary to what gold bugs are typically claiming

From what I understand, it is possible to do a naked short sell, meaning you are selling gold that you do not have.  That definitely does influence the price of gold.  Especially when you can sell an unlimited amount.  And yes I agree if there becomes demand for physical deliveries, the whole gold pricing system would collapse.  But in the same way when a US dollar was backed by gold, no one requested to take delivery on the gold, and the bank note was enough...it continues to be that way with gold paper contracts.  Perhaps if there's a massive currency crisis, it would expose this.  There are individuals that buy and store physical gold and silver, but a very small % of the population

Have you ever heard about the Nixon Shock?

The shock part of it basically came down to the cancellation of the US dollar convertibility to gold. Why do you think the Nixon part of the shock chose to divorce gold from the dollar? Because whole countries (France was the first) demanded the US government to redeem their dollars for genuine gold. It is the same with naked shorts, you drive the price down, and, quite naturally, demand goes up. It is possible to see how many contracts are open, and you can fool no one with naked short sells. Apart from that, short selling can kill you pretty fast since your possible profits are limited while losses are virtually unlimited (in effect, until you run out of money to support your position)

freeyourmind

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 03:09:06 AM

You can't issue more paper gold than traders are willing to buy

This is a rule of thumb which derivatives markets (i.e. exchanges) typically follow. Indeed, you can claim that you can buy all this paper gold yourself via phony traders at lower prices (thus driving the price of both metal and paper gold down), but this is a very dangerous endeavor for you since by artificially lowering prices you may cause a massive run for physical metal (i.e. sell more physically-settled futures than in you have gold in your vaults). And if you can't fulfill your obligations following from these contracts, you risk going bust and sued in courts for violation of your promises. This is not so when you bid the price up (i.e. artificially raise the price), therefore paper gold may actually contribute to higher gold prices overall quite contrary to what gold bugs are typically claiming

From what I understand, it is possible to do a naked short sell, meaning you are selling gold that you do not have.  That definitely does influence the price of gold.  Especially when you can sell an unlimited amount.  And yes I agree if there becomes demand for physical deliveries, the whole gold pricing system would collapse.  But in the same way when a US dollar was backed by gold, no one requested to take delivery on the gold, and the bank note was enough...it continues to be that way with gold paper contracts.  Perhaps if there's a massive currency crisis, it would expose this.  There are individuals that buy and store physical gold and silver, but a very small % of the population

Have you ever heard about the Nixon Shock?

The shock part of it basically came down to the cancellation of the US dollar convertibility to gold. Why do you think the Nixon part of the shock chose to divorce gold from the dollar? Because whole countries (France was the first) demanded the US government to redeem their dollars for genuine gold. It is the same with naked shorts, you drive the price down, and, quite naturally, demand goes up. It is possible to see how many contracts are open, and you can fool no one with naked short sells. Apart from that, short selling can kill you pretty fast since your possible profits are limited while losses are virtually unlimited (in effect, until you run out of money to support your position)

Well Nixon chose to come off the gold standard...I haven't heard of the term "Nixon Shock" though.  He wanted mass stimulus before the election to be re-elected, and that type of monetary expansion I guess wasn't possible with the gold reserve they had at the time.

It wouldn't be an individual with naked shorts taking losses.  It would be coming from the banks and federal reserve, since the price of gold is an indicator of the strength of the US currency.  The banks and federal reserve have an almost unlimited money supply...and losing even a couple billion on gold contracts is worth preserving the health of their bullshit fiat currency, which they can create out of thin air.
Jikalau

Activity: 241
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 03:27:13 AM

It is unlikely that silver prices will skyrocket.

People must be dominated to gold to invest rather than silver.
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 07:42:04 AM

There is a possibility that price of silver could skyrocket if investors invested in silver and could boost popularity of silver itself which of course price of silver would gradually rise.
Although silver trade seems sluggish when compared with bitcoin trade that does have significant price fluctuations
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1250

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2017, 08:08:31 AM

There is a possibility that price of silver could skyrocket if investors invested in silver and could boost popularity of silver itself which of course price of silver would gradually rise.
Although silver trade seems sluggish when compared with bitcoin trade that does have significant price fluctuations
That's true but I think investors would choose otherwise, just because silver is really abundant as a raw material compared to other earth metals. It is considerably useful for other applications, some in the semiconductor industries use it as a wire for bonding dies to the frame, something like that. It could be a good investment maybe.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 08:15:20 AM

Silver has been a store of value ever since mankind discovered it. Its scarcity and electrical conductivity makes it one of a kind as an investment metal because it's been trusted by mankind for so long and yet there is some sort of actual industrial use for it.

Personally i believe that silver is going to be a good hedge against fiat, however there wouldn't be much apart from being a good hedge. If you are after profits, then look at cryptocurrencies and no further than that. It is very likely though that silver may be used in an economic collapse, but there is an equal or even greater chance in my opinion that bitcoin will fulfill the same role.
welshcollectibles

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 01:53:52 PM

There has been no price discovery in Silver.  The "price" of silver is dictated by the futures market and therefore is not reflective of the true physical value.  The question of when or whether silver prices will skyrocket entirely depends on whether the futures market collapses.  Until then, it will always remain lower than it's true value.  Wise investors follow what the big banks are doing, not what they are saying.  JP Morgan has accumulated one of the largest physical silver positions in history amounting to no less then 350 million ounces whilst holding the largest silver short position in history.  That's totally incongruous and can only be explained by one thing.  Short the market, supress the price of silver and accumulate physical.  They have the ability to singlehandedly and overnight, reset the price of silver.  The change in silver price will not be a gradual thing, it will be an overnight phenomenon.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 09:56:01 PM

This post seems to imply that silver is a resource that comes from fossils which is not true, silver is an element of the universe and it is very rare because it is not as common as other elements like hydrogen or helium.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 10:36:11 PM

people say it will go to one thousand dollars an ounce or more but if it showed signs of going that high tech companies would likely switch to cheaper metals as alternatives and phasing silver out. it probably would not sky rocket for that reason alone.
i think so many people have silver that if it did go up to one thousand dollars an ounce it would cause economic inflation.
am i mistaken or did i miss something?
When i think about Silver market,i remember the Hunt brothers who nearly cornered the silver market by accumulating huge amount of silver and earned around $4 billion dollars in silver speculation and it was estimated that they had around hundred million troy ounce ,in the end it was a sad story as they lost everything when the market crashed.I am not certain whether the commodity market of silver will skyrocket just like that but you could see some movements here and there.
Weatherby

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 10:50:07 PM

I think China is setting the tone when it comes to the commodity market as they are the largest importers of gold and silver,i still think that the silver market is still bullish ,when Trump was elected as president everyone hoped that the gold and silver market will have a good boost but still we are yet to see that happen.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2017, 12:42:48 PM

There has been no price discovery in Silver.  The "price" of silver is dictated by the futures market and therefore is not reflective of the true physical value.  The question of when or whether silver prices will skyrocket entirely depends on whether the futures market collapses.  Until then, it will always remain lower than it's true value

That's a typical gold (in this case silver) bug story

The gold bugs themselves obviously say something to that tune mostly. As it has been said a few times in this very thread, silver is unlikely to hike without gold surging first. Further, you don't really know nor can you prove that paper gold (as well as paper silver, for that matter) actually contributes to lower prices. I could easily claim the exact opposite, i.e. that gold and silver futures markets in fact prop up the prices for these precious metals since they attract many small time investors who otherwise wouldn't be able to invest in neither gold nor silver (even if it is just paper gold or silver)

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: