Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:27:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 [377] 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 ... 455 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NULL  (Read 456069 times)
Deltadollar

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:43:19 PM

I don’t think that is how it works. The card has to be loaded as it is a prepaid card. Not a choose and swipe. The app is just a wallet to load the card, and what ever else, purchase mco etc.
denetci

Activity: 490
Merit: 278

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:46:53 PM

can someone explain, how the MCO card will work ?

example: i load 100 MCO coins worth 1000$ on the MCO Card. now i go shopping. meanwhile MCO price goes up or down on exchanges.

is the card now getting everytime i pay somewhere an update of current price from an exchange ?

what when suddenly price goes up 50% so i have 1500$ on the card, do have to pay now extra taxes also ?

is MCO submitting anyone any transactions or data using the MCO card ?
First off, you can choose in the app if you want to use fiat or some crypto. If you choose to use crypto you can pick between different coins. Now whenever you swipe your card one should assume that the price at the time of swiping will be the basis for the deduction of your tokens if you chose not to use fiat.

However, there was talk about a credit feature, in which you would be able to buy something and then if the value of your tokens went up by a lot, you'd end up paying less tokens at a later time. So you could technically hedge with multiple tokens to decrease your spending of tokens.
Of course this will carry some risk, since your prediction could be off and then you could end up paying more tokens than you would've otherwise.

Keep in mind that this is just speculation. I don't know how the credit or invest features of MCO will function.

As for your last question, I have no idea what you're asking. Please rephrase? What data are you talking about?

Thanks for your assistance, it helps me a lot.
i mean with data, any information will be given to goverments? or something like that? i want to learn the tax situation about that.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:49:43 PM

can someone explain, how the MCO card will work ?

example: i load 100 MCO coins worth 1000$ on the MCO Card. now i go shopping. meanwhile MCO price goes up or down on exchanges.

is the card now getting everytime i pay somewhere an update of current price from an exchange ?

what when suddenly price goes up 50% so i have 1500$ on the card, do have to pay now extra taxes also ?

is MCO submitting anyone any transactions or data using the MCO card ?
First off, you can choose in the app if you want to use fiat or some crypto. If you choose to use crypto you can pick between different coins. Now whenever you swipe your card one should assume that the price at the time of swiping will be the basis for the deduction of your tokens if you chose not to use fiat.

However, there was talk about a credit feature, in which you would be able to buy something and then if the value of your tokens went up by a lot, you'd end up paying less tokens at a later time. So you could technically hedge with multiple tokens to decrease your spending of tokens.
Of course this will carry some risk, since your prediction could be off and then you could end up paying more tokens than you would've otherwise.

Keep in mind that this is just speculation. I don't know how the credit or invest features of MCO will function.

As for your last question, I have no idea what you're asking. Please rephrase? What data are you talking about?

Thanks for your assistance, it helps me a lot.
i mean with data, any information will be given to goverments? or something like that? i want to learn the tax situation about that.
I'm not sure if MCO will transmit that kind of data on its own. However, Kris mentioned that a tax filing tool was planned, so that you could easily report your taxes.
ellyse.bolton

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:20:53 PM

how to order MCO from india?
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:22:17 PM

how to order MCO from india?
The cards haven't been shipped yet. But generally speaking, anybody can preorder their card on the MonaCo app (Android & iOS).
Hurco

Activity: 52

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:47:46 PM

The support is really big here, although cards were not yet sent but still the value is good.
Is it just about the less supply compared to Centran and TenX?
I'd love to know anyone's opinion because I was not able to follow this thread anymore.
Supply is irrelevant as long as it's fixed. It's just an arbitrary number.

MCO has nice looking cards and better conditions, along with more aggressive marketing (top tier sponsor of Money 20/20) and upcoming credit and investment products.

Either way, as already mentioned, do your own research. Never trust in what other people tell you to do with your money.

Supply matters in my opinion especially if they are under the hands of the company. Unless there is a company commitment on they way they can sell their holdings. Imagine MCO will suddenly rise 500% in 24 hours. You think the company won't dump some if there are no dump conditions committed?

When the price will rise 80% Monaco team will start dumping to keep the price down for more investors to come in. They done this time and time again.
You must be new to markets. When prices overextend too much people start selling to take profits and to increase their stash on the way down.

In November the circulating supply was 8.000.000 coins and in November and December when the price rise they start dumping coins in circulation and the price drop really fast, and now the circulation supply is 13.000.000 coins. And kris said that this is his strategy to keep the price down to attract more investors, this was his excuse in December.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:39:59 PM

Link to that?

Last I checked the increase in supply was for marketing reasons and for listing on more exchanges. The card price will be dynamic anyways, so token price is irrelevant for this purpose.
Hurco

Activity: 52

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:01:55 PM

Link to that?

Last I checked the increase in supply was for marketing reasons and for listing on more exchanges. The card price will be dynamic anyways, so token price is irrelevant for this purpose.

https://etherscan.io/token/Monaco?a=0xf9a5e0436c01cc15708449e480fa5f2d6a5b55ca here you can see 1.3 mil coins transfer to bittrex on December.

https://etherscan.io/tx/0xce39bf835a0c1a8c71f86d896575d894073102fb7ef761c0d429127ee708f71c another 300k on December on bittrex, only when the price goes up.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:37:06 PM

Link to that?

https://etherscan.io/token/Monaco?a=0xf9a5e0436c01cc15708449e480fa5f2d6a5b55ca here you can see 1.3 mil coins transfer to bittrex on December.

https://etherscan.io/tx/0xce39bf835a0c1a8c71f86d896575d894073102fb7ef761c0d429127ee708f71c another 300k on December on bittrex, only when the price goes up.
I'm talking about Kris' alleged remarks. You're just backing up what I've said, not your own claims.
Nightz

Activity: 1302
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:19:29 PM

Everywhere I go on the internet lately, I've been targeted by Monaco Visa Card adds. This implies to me that a start-up "initial coin offering" (ICO) has spent way too much money on advertising, and not enough time on getting it's project off the ground. To be sure, things look entirely over-done on too many levels, that its hard.

Was away for a while. Are there any updates on specific dates for delivery of those cards from the team or still nothing in absolute terms?
"Before Money 20/20" is pretty absolute I would say, which is in early March.

A lot of people waiting for this to happen. I'm wondering if a MCO wallet will be delivered before that. Probably part of the mobile application?
There's no need for a specific MCO wallet, since it's an ERC20 token. There will be a smartphone app however, screenshots of which can be found on their social media accounts.

There are a few money 20/20 events. Of which one are you talking? Do you expect announcements on the first one in Singapore?
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:28:21 PM
Merited by Nightz (10)

Everywhere I go on the internet lately, I've been targeted by Monaco Visa Card adds. This implies to me that a start-up "initial coin offering" (ICO) has spent way too much money on advertising, and not enough time on getting it's project off the ground. To be sure, things look entirely over-done on too many levels, that its hard.

Was away for a while. Are there any updates on specific dates for delivery of those cards from the team or still nothing in absolute terms?

A lot of people waiting for this to happen. I'm wondering if a MCO wallet will be delivered before that. Probably part of the mobile application?
There's no need for a specific MCO wallet, since it's an ERC20 token. There will be a smartphone app however, screenshots of which can be found on their social media accounts.

There are a few money 20/20 events. Of which one are you talking? Do you expect announcements on the first one in Singapore?
The relevant one is Asia in early March. Refer to the top sponsors and see who's listed along Google and MasterCard: https://asia.money2020.com/sponsors/2018

It was announced that there would be no point in attending that event without a working product, so that essentially implies a rollout before the event. No clue about Singapore in particular, but Asia and Europe were announced for Q1 (and hence in the coming weeks).
Deltadollar

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:02:46 PM

Don’t want to rain on anybody’s parade but there is no card rollout for anyone other than devs before March 13th. Fact! Beta testers will hopefully have an app by then if it is not delayed. Please check back on March 13th to thank me for my foresight. You have been swindled if you thought cards would be shipping befor March 13th.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:09:50 PM

Don’t want to rain on anybody’s parade but there is no card rollout for anyone other than devs before March 13th. Fact! Beta testers will hopefully have an app by then if it is not delayed. Please check back on March 13th to thank me for my foresight. You have been swindled if you thought cards would be shipping befor March 13th.
Where did you get your magical eightball from? And are you sure you're not just FUDing to benefit from the BTC rise? Wink
Deltadollar

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:27:56 PM

Reddit, Feb 19th q&a question #7 from the almighty him self app beta test first then beta cards. What is today’s date?

Still no beta app for the 500 (see reddit)
AllyCheung• 12d
500 beta testers who previously applied to be beta testers can help test our app and give feedback. We will inform them in due course.

Yeah that’s going to take some time still waiting on due course, then cards, how long to apply for cards and have them shipped around the globe (weekends don’t count)? Answer, not befor March 13th.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:34:37 PM

Reddit, Feb 19th q&a question #7 from the almighty him self app beta test first then beta cards. What is today’s date?

Still no beta app for the 500 (see reddit)
AllyCheung• 12d
500 beta testers who previously applied to be beta testers can help test our app and give feedback. We will inform them in due course.

Yeah that’s going to take some time still waiting on due course, then cards, how long to apply for cards and have them shipped around the globe (weekends don’t count)? Answer, not befor March 13th.
You could apply for cards for months now. Submitting KYC is virtually instantaneous. And shipping the cards before the event doesn't necessarily, but only sufficiently, mean that the first cards will arrive before March 13th, which is 3 weeks away.
Nightz

Activity: 1302
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:53:15 PM

The relevant one is Asia in early March. Refer to the top sponsors and see who's listed along Google and MasterCard: https://asia.money2020.com/sponsors/2018

It was announced that there would be no point in attending that event without a working product, so that essentially implies a rollout before the event. No clue about Singapore in particular, but Asia and Europe were announced for Q1 (and hence in the coming weeks).

Hi BTCMILLIONAIRE!

You actually make it easy for us to get the most relevant context all the time Wink Makes sense what you said regarding the rollout. We might see some price action as we get closer to the event. If that is the case it's either speculators or people with more knowledge than the public. Exciting weeks about to come.
Deltadollar

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:33:56 PM

500 app beta testers as stated by ally on Reddit have not received the magical email and most likely won’t this week.  Next week we are 10 working days until the event, not to mention they have to prepare for that. The team will be the only ones with a card on March 13th. Apps different story. I cannot wait to test that baby out! I have high hopes for this token should definitely be $10 by money 20/20!
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:37:03 PM

Hi BTCMILLIONAIRE!

You actually make it easy for us to get the most relevant context all the time Wink Makes sense what you said regarding the rollout. We might see some price action as we get closer to the event. If that is the case it's either speculators or people with more knowledge than the public. Exciting weeks about to come.
Hey, glad I can help and thanks for the merit. Smiley

I like checking questions for projects that I follow frequently to make sure that I didn't miss out on any of the latest developments. Whenever I don't know the answers I know that there's room for more research, so this approach makes sure that I remain on the edge.
And yes, the coming weeks are bound to be exciting, I'm looking forward to the Jade Green card especially and hope it will be a 500 or 5000 tier instead of another 50 card. Although I'm not sure how a 5000 tier could be worth it without diminishing the value of a black card.

500 app beta testers as stated by ally on Reddit have not received the magical email and most likely won’t this week.  Next week we are 10 working days until the event, not to mention they have to prepare for that. The team will be the only ones with a card on March 13th. Apps different story. I cannot wait to test that baby out! I have high hopes for this token should definitely be $10 by money 20/20!
An app rollout alone should be big enough to at least fuel a rally back to the last USD ATH, even if retracements were to follow. With a card I could see anything from $20ish (USD ATH) to $60ish (BTC ATH).
Spartangonez

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:41:42 PM

500 app beta testers as stated by ally on Reddit have not received the magical email and most likely won’t this week.  Next week we are 10 working days until the event, not to mention they have to prepare for that. The team will be the only ones with a card on March 13th. Apps different story. I cannot wait to test that baby out! I have high hopes for this token should definitely be $10 by money 20/20!

Can't wait too!
iwosh

Activity: 280
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:33:03 AM

So you think that means cards are being delivered? what if it just mean that they dont want to disappoint more people? Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 [377] 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 ... 455 »
  Print  

Jump to: