Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:47:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs just sent me an update e-mail!  (Read 9544 times)
davidspitzer

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 11:48:39 PM

The site is saturated but I did get through (using Chrome 26.blah.blah blah blah) and I was able to confirm without getting the spurious text

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Morblias

Activity: 576

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 11:49:43 PM

Hmm, not sure where it's being generated from then.  I'm not sure how to trigger it locally here.

It probably generates that message when the site dies when they tried to hit accept:
https://i.imgur.com/PUHbXgN.png

If we're not getting any dialogue box at all, is that still just server overload or what?
When I hit accept, it didn't show me that dialogue box and disappeared and worked fine. My orders changed to processing.

Tips / Donations accepted: 1Morb18DsDHNEv6TeQXBdba872ZSpiK9fY
davidspitzer

Activity: 630

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 11:52:35 PM

The "Some text here" appears to be a javascript error on older browsers, I believe.

I have no idea where this ridiculous rumor about a broken wafer got started.  One of the trolls making stuff up again, I'd wager.

nooooooooo!!!!!!

jorgebuck

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 11:56:18 PM

Hmm, not sure where it's being generated from then.  I'm not sure how to trigger it locally here.

It probably generates that message when the site dies when they tried to hit accept:

If we're not getting any dialogue box at all, is that still just server overload or what?
When I hit accept, it didn't show me that dialogue box and disappeared and worked fine. My orders changed to processing.

My order says processing but I never clicked accept on anything, no box appears when I log on. I'm pretty sure my order has been at processing the whole time though so I still dont think mine is confirmed.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 11:59:43 PM

The "Some text here" appears to be a javascript error on older browsers, I believe.

I have no idea where this ridiculous rumor about a broken wafer got started.  One of the trolls making stuff up again, I'd wager.

I think Jody said she dropped her Nilla Wafer in her Milk and then it just took off from their...

Probably a #@$#@ chicken in the wires.  CHICKS IN THE WIRE MAN!  CHICK IN THE WIRE!

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
magixx

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 12:04:50 AM

How exactly do you confirm that the acceptance has gone through?

1N8sHKb7RAdzJwLtDw1yrtc1ip1oiVFWBt
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 12:08:43 AM

Your order status should say processing I believe.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 12:10:02 AM

Exactly what new specifications are people being asked to agree to?  The product page for the new 50 GH unit gives fuck all in the way of specs.  Is it even legal to sell an electrical product in the US without specifying power consumption?

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
mojod

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 12:14:06 AM

Exactly what new specifications are people being asked to agree to?  The product page for the new 50 GH unit gives fuck all in the way of specs.  Is it even legal to sell an electrical product in the US without specifying power consumption?

https://i.imgur.com/YI8vPM8.png
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 12:21:45 AM

Popup issue should be fixed now.

miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 12:22:59 AM

so have any of the current "customers" with actual hardware in their hands accepted these changes?  (not talking dev users)... or was the intent for all current hardware in hands of "customers" considered dev boards?

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
repentance

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 12:26:40 AM

So power draw is not actually specified beyond being "higher".  Which brings me back to my original question of whether you can legally sell an electrical product in the US without giving power specs or other information about which national and international electrical and other safety standards it meets?

This could actually present a problem for international customers.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
mojod

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 12:33:10 AM

https://i.imgur.com/YI8vPM8.png

So power draw is not actually specified beyond being "higher".  Which brings me back to my original question of whether you can legally sell an electrical product in the US without giving power specs or other information about which national and international electrical and other safety standards it meets?

This could actually present a problem for international customers.

Yes you can sell without CE/FCC for unintentional radiators, and even self certifiy if a complaint is filed, and an investigation is launched, and the product is found to not be compliant, they could be forced to halt production, then fall in line with part 15 requirements.

Source: I googled your question.
repentance

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 12:37:51 AM

Yes you can sell without CE/FCC for unintentional radiators, and even self certifiy if a complaint is filed, and an investigation is launched, and the product is found to not be compliant, they could be forced to halt production, then fall in line with part 15 requirements.

I just checked the compliance marks which are acceptable for electrical goods coming into my state (NSW, Australia).  CE is not sufficient.

Overseas Certificates of Approval and approval marks, such as the CE mark, are not acceptable in Australia.

http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/Businesses/Product_safety/Electrical_articles/Safe_electrical_goods.html#Acceptable_approval_marks

erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 12:43:37 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2013, 01:18:59 AM by erk

I just checked the compliance marks which are acceptable for electrical goods coming into my state (NSW, Australia).  CE is not sufficient.

Overseas Certificates of Approval and approval marks, such as the CE mark, are not acceptable in Australia.

http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/Businesses/Product_safety/Electrical_articles/Safe_electrical_goods.html#Acceptable_approval_marks

The mining hardware doesn't directly connect to the electrical supply, the power pack does, so it is the item that has to be certified, and you could simple go to the shop an buy one locally that is certified if necessary for insurance or whatever.

UL certification seems to be accepted in most of Australia.

You could run the device of a battery and thus bypass the definition in the regulations

shmadz
Legendary

Activity: 1512

@theshmadz

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 12:58:43 AM

does any one know the dimensions of the 5 GH/s miner vs the "little single" 25 GH/s miner? actually, dimensions of all the products would be nice info to have...

"You have no moral right to rule us, nor do you possess any methods of enforcement that we have reason to fear." - John Perry Barlow, 1996
repentance

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:03:22 AM

The mining hardware doesn't directly connect to the electrical supply, the power pack does, so it is the item that has to be certified, and you could simple go to the shop an buy one locally that is certified if necessary for insurance or whatever.

My laptop (Toshiba, made in China) doesn't connect directly to the power supply, either, but it still has the relevant Australian certification mark (the power supply - which obviously ships to more countries - has about 15 certification marks on it for various countries).  

Even my solar powered Christmas lights and my aquarium pump which draws a whole 7 watts have the power specifications stamped on them.  My digital camera and it's charger and my mobile phone and its charger also have compliance marks on them.  In fact, I can't find a single thing in my house which connects to the electrical supply even indirectly which doesn't have the power specifications stamped on it - which makes me very inclined to believe that it's a requirement of the Australian standard.

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:52:52 AM

I think people got it from what you said in the shoutbox over at butterflylabs.com
Pitty: so that bfl picture of the big wafer - it went in the bin ?
Josh: Yeah, that one was mostly trashed.

Here is a thread about it on your forums:
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/2219-ls-single-update-josh.html

But you are right about one thing, a troll made up some stuff.  Grin

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 02:21:45 AM

Hmm, not sure where it's being generated from then.  I'm not sure how to trigger it locally here.

My order says processing but I never clicked accept on anything, no box appears when I log on. I'm pretty sure my order has been at processing the whole time though so I still dont think mine is confirmed.

I am in the same situation. No pop-up, but my order shows as 'Processing'. I actually asked for a refund 5 days ago and haven't had a response from BFL. I can't ask for a refund via the pop-up. They haven't responded to my emails. Next step will be to ask Paypal to lean on them.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 02:25:18 AM

Hmm, not sure where it's being generated from then.  I'm not sure how to trigger it locally here.

I am in the same situation. No pop-up, but my order shows as 'Processing'. I actually asked for a refund 5 days ago and haven't had a response from BFL. I can't ask for a refund via the pop-up. They haven't responded to my emails. Next step will be to ask Paypal to lean on them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: