Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:50:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 226 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Liquid Synergy Designs Inc. -ASIC mining hardware  (Read 423209 times)
steamboat (OP)

Activity: 648
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 10:23:05 PM

I will be away from my computer for a few hours. If in this time chips ordered exceed the current supply, those purchases will have the option of refund or being applied to batch 2. As always, the purchase is on a first come, first serve basis, with no reservations.

Once batch 1 sales are complete, I will post information regarding batch 2.

Thank you for your patience.

Steamboat

ASIC miners available for purchase

Those who serve best, profit most.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jasinlee

Activity: 742

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 10:36:44 PM

FYI, for those that are aware of my other projects Cheesy anything avalon puts out will be checked by our engineer to ensure there are no flaws in the design beforehand that would cause problems. Not that many EEs to go around lately it appears Tongue

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
funkmunk30

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:02:51 PM

boy I really hope I get them bitcoins to were they need to be so I can send them in....sadly not lookin good to beat the deadline tomarrow...or before they are all spoken for.  Darn it!
ecliptic

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:41:58 PM

FYI, for those that are aware of my other projects Cheesy anything avalon puts out will be checked by our engineer to ensure there are no flaws in the design beforehand that would cause problems. Not that many EEs to go around lately it appears Tongue

Which board design are you referring to?
PavelK

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:46:17 PM

Steamboat,
What about hosting option for working miners in addition to assembling miners from chips?
Taking into account the importance of reducing time to begin minig and slowness of russian post, i would be interested in hosting opportunity
steamboat (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:46:49 AM

Steamboat,
What about hosting option for working miners in addition to assembling miners from chips?
Taking into account the importance of reducing time to begin minig and slowness of russian post, i would be interested in hosting opportunity

More details will be released this week.

thejestre

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 01:03:10 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2013, 06:28:22 AM by thejestre

I am in for 40 chips at .086 BTC each for a total of 3.44 BTC.

Thank you,

_theJestre
EDIT:
Thanks for confirmation.
spanishfry

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 01:13:34 AM
Last edit: May 09, 2013, 02:28:24 AM by spanishfry

Sending 6.88 BTC for 80 chips.

eta: sent and confirmed with steamboat.  thanks
hoss

Activity: 52

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 01:16:57 AM

I'm in 260 chips sent 22.36BTC
steamboat (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 02:46:24 AM

All orders processed and responded to.

I would like to thank everyone for purchasing Batch one chips. Batch two chips are now available, and will fund once 50% of the orders are received.

Kapz786

Activity: 697
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 03:19:35 AM

Great job guys!!
quiksilver911

Activity: 18

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 10:19:32 AM

Hi steamboat,

With group buy #2 requiring only 5000 chips paid for before you order from Avalon, is the counter on post #1 referring to that 5000? Or, since the counter is already < 5000 so does this mean you have already ordered?

Thanks
quiksilver911

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 10:23:58 AM

Hi,

Like PavelK, I'm very interested in a hosted option. I'm trying to read all the various posts on group buy threads and board development threads, and it seems the fastest way to get mining (to catch the early coins before difficulty ramps up) is:

1. Once any of the open source boards has been tested using dev chips, use the open source files to locally procure boards quickly
2. Once chips are shipped, order various gear for hosting on site
3. Once chips are delivered, have them glued to the boards from step 1 and start mining

Also, in terms of which board to use, my personal priority list is below, I'd be interested to hear what everyone else thinks:

1. Fast production (to get started mining, though depends if boards can start production well before chips delivered)
2. High quality, with redundancy (if any chip/component fails, or is defective, mining is minimally impacted, limited to failed components. Burnins boards seem to not have this redundancy atm)
3. Cost (I'd rather pay $20 per board more, if the board is robust, and ready on time)

I'm interested in ~500 chips at least, maybe ~1000 chips. I know my account on this forum is new, but I've been mining since 2011, and I have the coins/fiat to do this.

BTW, my current location affords very cheap electricity, its just that slow shipping and customs could be a real snag, particularly for the quantity under consideration. My rough plan at the moment is to have hosted mining, and then either slowly ship boards to myself, or perhaps just sell them off after at least a few months of mining, depending on the economics of it all.

Thanks for reading.
dan99

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 10:58:23 AM

if you have been mining since 2011 and why only got 10 post, you know this forum is the main forum for discussion on bitcoin and other crypto coins why were you not involve in these discussions? well you register in march 2013..
funkmunk30

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:03:59 PM

heres to a fast buy for batch two!  should have my order in by saturday.

Is the price still 0.086/chip or is it 0.09/chip?

steamboat (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 04:05:15 PM

Which board design are you referring to?

All designs will be independently verified and tested before batch runs begin.

Hi steamboat,

With group buy #2 requiring only 5000 chips paid for before you order from Avalon, is the counter on post #1 referring to that 5000? Or, since the counter is already < 5000 so does this mean you have already ordered?

Thanks

The counter refers to chips available in batch 2. If demand is more than half the order, I may open the remaining chips for purchase. Once the remaining balance is received I will order.

Hi,

Like PavelK, I'm very interested in a hosted option. I'm trying to read all the various posts on group buy threads and board development threads, and it seems the fastest way to get mining (to catch the early coins before difficulty ramps up) is:

1. Once any of the open source boards has been tested using dev chips, use the open source files to locally procure boards quickly
3. Once chips are delivered, have them glued to the boards from step 1 and start mining

Also, in terms of which board to use, my personal priority list is below, I'd be interested to hear what everyone else thinks:

1. Fast production (to get started mining, though depends if boards can start production well before chips delivered)
2. High quality, with redundancy (if any chip/component fails, or is defective, mining is minimally impacted, limited to failed components. Burnins boards seem to not have this redundancy atm)
3. Cost (I'd rather pay $20 per board more, if the board is robust, and ready on time)

I'm interested in ~500 chips at least, maybe ~1000 chips. I know my account on this forum is new, but I've been mining since 2011, and I have the coins/fiat to do this.

BTW, my current location affords very cheap electricity, its just that slow shipping and customs could be a real snag, particularly for the quantity under consideration. My rough plan at the moment is to have hosted mining, and then either slowly ship boards to myself, or perhaps just sell them off after at least a few months of mining, depending on the economics of it all.

Thanks for reading.

This is a well formed assessment. Lead times at each stage of the production process allow some leeway in choosing which manufacturer, parts, and location to use. Ultimately the time crunch begins once the Chips are delivered. From that point, the time to cost ratio changes significantly. I am working on this now, and will keep everyone updated as I get solid numbers.

heres to a fast buy for batch two!  should have my order in by saturday.

Is the price still 0.086/chip or is it 0.09/chip?

Current pricing for batch 2 chips is .086/chip. This may change to discourage people from waiting until the last minute to place their order.

The faster the group buy reaches 50%, the earlier the order date. If you know of anyone interested in purchasing chips, I encourage you to direct them to this thread. 

quiksilver911

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 05:22:53 PM

Hi steamboat,

Thanks

The counter refers to chips available in batch 2. If demand is more than half the order, I may open the remaining chips for purchase. Once the remaining balance is received I will order.

My question was probably unclear, here's a rephrase: have you already ordered the chips, or will you order once that counter hits 0?

And a second question: Am I to understand that you are buying 5000 chips from the second order?

Hi,

Thanks for reading.

This is a well formed assessment. Lead times at each stage of the production process allow some leeway in choosing which manufacturer, parts, and location to use. Ultimately the time crunch begins once the Chips are delivered. From that point, the time to cost ratio changes significantly. I am working on this now, and will keep everyone updated as I get solid numbers.

Thanks. From your reply I got the impression that we are on the same page w.r.t getting in on early coins fast.

I'm now itching to get off the fence and buy in, but I *need* hosting. I'd really appreciate if you could put together T&Cs for hosting, and prices. If you are buying at least 5000 chips from this order, will you be using some sort of off-site hosting yourself?

steamboat (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 06:08:53 PM

Hi steamboat,

Thanks

My question was probably unclear, here's a rephrase: have you already ordered the chips, or will you order once that counter hits 0?

And a second question: Am I to understand that you are buying 5000 chips from the second order?
I have not ordered the chips for batch two yet. I will order them once the counter reaches zero. I am currently purchasing 5000 chips from batch 2 for personal use to add to the chips I reserved from batch 1.

Hi,

Thanks for reading.

Thanks. From your reply I got the impression that we are on the same page w.r.t getting in on early coins fast.

I'm now itching to get off the fence and buy in, but I *need* hosting. I'd really appreciate if you could put together T&Cs for hosting, and prices. If you are buying at least 5000 chips from this order, will you be using some sort of off-site hosting yourself?

I will be hosting miners. The T&C will be posted within the next week or two, but will be something along the lines of 5-10%, plus expenses. I am also considering a reduced hosting fee until ROI is met, though I will not have time to dedicate to this until the logistics of the PCB fab, assembly, and setup are complete. There are a great deal of miscellaneous details that need to be worked out before I address T&C. Managed power strips, racks, rack cases, power supplies, fan assemblies, hosts, redundant LANs, etc etc. I WILL NOT be charging exorbitant hosting rates, but at this time my resources are best spent on developing the infrastructure needed as opposed to pricing vaporware.

PavelK

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 10:36:47 PM

I'll recommend your PCB partners to track this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=157937.msg2072767#msg2072767
Needbmw has worked PCB maket (as i understand, avalon chips extracted from batch1 avalon miner).
Kickingpanda

Activity: 16

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 10:38:47 PM

Smiley  In for 384 chips at 33.024 BTC  Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 226 »
  Print  

Jump to: