Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:33:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 226 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Liquid Synergy Designs Inc. -ASIC mining hardware  (Read 423208 times)
jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 07:24:19 PM

How do I sign up for 32 chips?

Its on the first post of this thread.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 07:35:47 PM

Batch is near sold out if my math is right, so its still available but not much more like 400 chips? Anyone got a running tally?

I believe the current count is only until the minimum required to place the order. Once we reach 5000 chips, the order will be placed, and then the additional 5000 on that order will be available. So I believe there should actually be about 5400 chips still available, if your math is correct.  Smiley

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
cp1

Activity: 616

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 07:54:03 PM

Since Avalon released their reference design does that mean it could be used to make 10 chip boards instead?  Would that be easier / more reliable than the Klondike design?

Yes, it could be done, however, it would require a dedicated FPGA, as well as a lot of other hardware that is really kind of overkill and adds to the overall cost. There are people making/offering Avalon clones (including hosting options), if that's what you're interested in doing, but it doesn't seem to be all that cost-effective; especially at a lower scale, which is where a lot of people are starting out.

I see, makes sense.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
steamboat (OP)

Activity: 648

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 08:51:47 PM

This thread is rather Long and I have not read it's entirety so apologize if this is a repeat question that's been answered.
I'm a bit confused about how the finished product will be handled.
My understanding is each board requires 16 chips.
Are we to purchase the chips now w/ BTC (0.086BTC per chip) and nothing more until delivery?
When they are delivered we will pay the cost of components + assembly?
Once assembly completes we pay shipping cost to have them delivered? Or do we only have option to have them hosted?
Again, apologies if this was cleared up before but what I've understood from what I read is that we do not actually receive the physical product. I'm thinking I misunderstood but want to be certain I will get the finished, physical product before starting the process.
Thanks in advance to anyone who helps in clearing up my confusion.

Short answer:

Chip purchase is available now. Component/assembly purchase will be available soon.
Payment for assembly will be due once the fab contract has been signed and we have a final design that has been tested.
You may chose to receive chips only, chips and assembly, assembly only, shipped or hosted.

You may choose to use any or all of the services offered, in any combination. If you would like a finished, fully assembled and tested miner delivered to your door, you may do so. If you only want chips, that's quite acceptable as well.

Thanks for your reply wrenchmonkey. I have of course read the first post. however, my question was in the case when I elect to use his assembling service and hosting. as in when the fault was found during assembly and/or hosting.

I should re-word my question then, In the case when my chips stay with steamboat (assembled and hosted by steamboat) should I (or do you recommend me to) buy extra chips in advance?

I am aware of below statement too
In the event the customer has not purchased, or purchased an inadequate amount of, replacement chips, additional chips will be available for a fee of BTC0.0939.

and I am sure this depends on availability too.

The main reason I asked this question because I thought if this thing assembled and hosted by steamboat is easier to get replacement chip since the device stays with him.

Thanks.

The only possible way to tell if a chip is faulty is to assemble and test it. In the event assembly and testing, or assembly and hosting, is chosen and a faulty chip is discovered, it is the responsibility of the purchaser to provide replacement chips.

Availability is a factor in replacement chips. This should be taken into account when deciding on the amount to purchase. While a number of chips in each batch have been reserved for such a scenario, it is prudent to weigh the factors and draw your own conclusions.

It is not any easier to get replacement chips if the device is hosted. There are a finite amount of chips per batch, which have been accounted for.

Hi Steamboat,

Some questions on the hosting (couldn't find an answer on this thread)

What does the 8% hosting fee cover exactly?  I understand power costs are to be distributed to the miners (somehow proportionately?), will the 8% cover security, electricity infrastructure upgrades, portal setup (assuming we can log into something to monitor our account?) A/C cooling/upgrades, insurance, central servers, data connection, replacement parts (PSUs, fans, cases etc), maintenance?  There seems to be a lot of extra bits of overhead, will the 8% compensate you for your time and cover these misc costs?

Also, do you have the manpower ready to scale up/setup the hosting center? Might be good for us who are interesting in the hosting option to pay a one-time setup fee so there isn't a chance of the project being stalled or delayed because lack of hands

I apologize in advance if these questions have been asked and answered already.

Thank you for asking this question.

The 8% hosting fee is scheduled to cover security, infrastructure upgrades, portal setup (tentative. the format for hosting has not yet been finalized.), central servers, (this point is also under consideration), data fees, replacements, and maintenance.

Additionally it covers firmware updates and on/offsite support.

The hosting option still remains to be finalized, and there are several options being researched. There are many items which must come first in the project timeline before those questions can be addressed, and a setup fee may be unavoidable. The logistics of developing a cluster are vast, and the timeline for bringing the assembled miners online very small.

PSUs, cases, cooling, Switched PDUs, hosts, racks, and line runs are just a few of the hardware items which must be purchased for hosting. At a minimum, each batch of chips requires 250 amp service, which is an incredibly dense power requirement.

Skilled labor is available and has been reserved, and is not free.

I cannot answer those questions at this time, as I do not have any definitive answers.

As a personal note:
I as a member of bitcointalk.org and the Bitcoin community was a miner first. I understand staying up until 4 in the morning tweaking a miner to get the most efficient setup possible. I have spent many red-eyed nights pouring over spreadsheets and studying product offerings to make sure I chose the most effective solution. I know the feeling when you take the first big step and make the investment, hoping there wasn't a missed variable. I have experienced the elation when all those concerns melt away as the miners are brought online and the hashrate begins to climb. My mission is to help the community get the most cost effective, stable, reliable mining solution possible, as quickly as possible. I have approached each part of this project as if I were building my own mining rigs, because I am. I have been reluctant to release information not because I want to make it more difficult to calculate ROI or budget your coins, but because I do not ever want to be forced to tell you the price is higher than you had planned, or the timeline has increased, or the power usage was incorrect. Each phase of this project has been checked and rechecked, verified and tested, with backup plans implemented, to do everything in my power to make sure I never have to do that. I am not out to make a quick buck. I am not here to be yet another chip gateway. My goal is to add as much value and service to your purchase as I can, doing something I love, and hopefully produce something you can be proud to own. This approach takes time, and there are no shortcuts. This poses a problem as time is of the essence I know, but it takes twice as long to do it wrong. I ask that you bear with me and the information delays, and I thank everyone for their assistance in this thread.

Since Avalon released their reference design does that mean it could be used to make 10 chip boards instead?  Would that be easier / more reliable than the Klondike design?

Yes, Avalon clones can be made using their open source designs. They are being verified by a partner in the event the primary solution fails. They are, as some pointed out, less efficient than the Klondike design, and most expensive to produce.

All purchases received, recorded, and replied. All emails have been responded to. If you have made a purchase and have not received a reply, please check your spam box and send a message to asicbuy[at]gmail[dot]com

We have had a small setback as one member of the team working on the website is no longer able to due to work constraints. This is being actively worked on, and hopefully will be finished before the end of next week.

ASIC miners available for purchase

Those who serve best, profit most.
wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 09:23:42 PM

Payment and email sent, for 75 chips.

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
TracerX

Activity: 918
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 09:33:25 PM

As a personal note:
I as a member of bitcointalk.org and the Bitcoin community was a miner first. I understand staying up until 4 in the morning tweaking a miner to get the most efficient setup possible. I have spent many red-eyed nights pouring over spreadsheets and studying product offerings to make sure I chose the most effective solution. I know the feeling when you take the first big step and make the investment, hoping there wasn't a missed variable. I have experienced the elation when all those concerns melt away as the miners are brought online and the hashrate begins to climb. My mission is to help the community get the most cost effective, stable, reliable mining solution possible, as quickly as possible. I have approached each part of this project as if I were building my own mining rigs, because I am. I have been reluctant to release information not because I want to make it more difficult to calculate ROI or budget your coins, but because I do not ever want to be forced to tell you the price is higher than you had planned, or the timeline has increased, or the power usage was incorrect. Each phase of this project has been checked and rechecked, verified and tested, with backup plans implemented, to do everything in my power to make sure I never have to do that. I am not out to make a quick buck. I am not here to be yet another chip gateway. My goal is to add as much value and service to your purchase as I can, doing something I love, and hopefully produce something you can be proud to own. This approach takes time, and there are no shortcuts. This poses a problem as time is of the essence I know, but it takes twice as long to do it wrong. I ask that you bear with me and the information delays, and I thank everyone for their assistance in this thread.

Thanks for taking the time to write this.  I assume your effort and experience is greatly appreciated by others than myself, but let be take a moment to express my thanks.

It takes a tremendous amount of effort to run a project of this scope smoothly, and it's heartening to see people making the effort for the community first.  If we want Bitcoins to grow into the financial medium we all believe it should be, we need more people like steamboat lending a hand.
ibuyltc

Activity: 149

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 11:30:08 PM

Absolutely appreciate your work steamboat.  If it wasnt for this post (Group Buy) I dont think I would have joined any other buys as they seemed too 'sketchy'.

Very nice that this was the all-in-one-stop!
ionstorm

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 11:30:55 PM

hey steamboat, not sure if you thought of this yet, but I wouldn't mind you designing a logo or having your nick name on the case Smiley Once we all have these we can all honor your work and be reminded how awesome you are for doing what your doing Smiley
Thanks Steamboat,
your doing a great service for the community and we all appreciate everything your doing, its awesome to see someone as passionate or more passionate about this than we all are.
Thanks Again!
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 12:11:49 AM

Email & payment sent.

Chip amount: 103
Payment amount: 8.858
Sending Address: 1PeMQ6epzs9FWynK8ds7tAwJviAi9rLn9G
TX ID: 42d82b2219b5b59e7ba36afe0f9f22074e0590694737f6655be107c55be150dc
bitcoinanon

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

The way of the future...

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 01:11:01 AM

Hey steamboat,

Just sent payment and email for 32 chips. I would like to take advantage of assembly and components and testing.
TXID: c5c5a42dd865d959702afd759c26cfa1e6c3c967108094bcf02d22257fb6bf1f
sending address: 1CNwXxHsr7KRk4Be7RmTZjPtihwXdSNmki

Thanks for this awesome opportunity
miner_btc

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 01:20:10 AM

Just sent payment and email for 68 chips. Plz and ty. Smiley
BChydro

Activity: 1426
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 01:26:42 AM

Ordering 32 chips, payment sent.
AvenG

Activity: 133
Merit: 101

Res Et Non Verbum

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 02:05:36 AM

Email & payment sent.

Chip amount: 16
Payment amount: 1,376
Sending Address: 1KmUUTK82zhp2QYULV6CXGbZofepBEpziV
TX ID: 5bc1f8be9def4906ccb71ced2cc4f2d0dd1e4575a2de9298fba06f63981759d2

not for sale
steamboat (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 02:57:25 AM

Batch #4 purchased, processing orders now, questions to follow.

Order #10425 for those keeping track.

andrewsg

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 04:47:50 AM

Steamboat, quick question on assembly / fab capacity - do you have an indication of how many K16 boards they could make in a day?

Bitcoin can be bad for your chi. Improve yours and mine by sending BTC to: 1N1zRYSwKQbZ8Kx1bKvTskrjGMNynVFEr1
Lloydimiller4

Activity: 186

Monero

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 04:58:03 AM

Just put in an order for 70 chips at 6.02 BTC.  Cool Bring on the ASICs Grin

XMR: 43uAvbYL7z9NrKQig2DswM69XaeDug1Rf8v4Un1ndssb2To51Vojz2uZ21jFumWsCcgvqZ9hPuE3fEr xKoGCkHU8CzqHFiS
Bakal

Activity: 245

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 04:59:05 AM

If i join? will i be included in batch 4 or will there be batch 5 already? 3948 chips remaining or batch four done already sir?
thank you very much.
503guy

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 05:13:48 AM

If i join? will i be included in batch 4 or will there be batch 5 already? 3948 chips remaining or batch four done already sir?
thank you very much.

He purchased batch 4, but still has 4,000 chips available for purchase in batch 4.

Bakal

Activity: 245

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 05:16:25 AM

thank you mr.503.
steamboat (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 05:33:25 AM

hey steamboat, not sure if you thought of this yet, but I wouldn't mind you designing a logo or having your nick name on the case Smiley Once we all have these we can all honor your work and be reminded how awesome you are for doing what your doing Smiley
Thanks Steamboat,
your doing a great service for the community and we all appreciate everything your doing, its awesome to see someone as passionate or more passionate about this than we all are.
Thanks Again!

The design work has been completed, and will be silkscreened on the boards along with BkkCoins logo, as there is no case per se. Each unit will be free standing. Think skyscraper structure with the boards as the floors and standoffs as the steel pillars.

Steamboat, quick question on assembly / fab capacity - do you have an indication of how many K16 boards they could make in a day?

I will have to confirm, but I believe it is 3 days for a 600 board run, with daily delivery of completed units. Each night the units will be processed and shipped the following morning.

thank you very much.

He purchased batch 4, but still has 4,000 chips available for purchase in batch 4.

This is correct.

All purchases received, recorded, replied.

Thank you all for your kind words. I am not in this alone. Aside from my small team, many forum members have come forward to offer their assistance with this project, which helps to keep the costs low. Their contributions are greatly appreciated and have made my task much more manageable.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 226 »
  Print  

Jump to: