Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:33:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 226 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Liquid Synergy Designs Inc. -ASIC mining hardware  (Read 423209 times)
ecliptic

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 11:58:48 PM

I'll recommend your PCB partners to track this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=157937.msg2072767#msg2072767
Needbmw has worked PCB maket (as i understand, avalon chips extracted from batch1 avalon miner).
Are you saying he removed the ASICs from a batch #1 miner and built up his own PCB assembly and tested it with them?

That's quite forward thinking of him
hoss

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 01:06:03 AM

I'll recommend your PCB partners to track this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=157937.msg2072767#msg2072767
Needbmw has worked PCB maket (as i understand, avalon chips extracted from batch1 avalon miner).
Are you saying he removed the ASICs from a batch #1 miner and built up his own PCB assembly and tested it with them?

That's quite forward thinking of him

Not sure this is correct.  If you play this video (tear down of a BFL miner):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciwfCqP8AiU

and stop at ~ 8.01, you can clearly see that the board matches from the thread posted above and that the chips solder mask (some missing chips in this model) is not QFN (QFN is used by avalon  ... these chips appear to be BGA, although I'm not a chip expert).  

What does this mean? I have a few thoughts but they are pure speculation, so I will save them for now.

ecliptic

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 01:12:17 AM

Not sure that is correct.  If you play this video (tear down of a BFL miner):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciwfCqP8AiU

and stop at ~ 8.01, you can clearly see that the board matches from the thread posted above and that the chips solder mask (some missing chips in this model) is not QFN (QFN is used by avalon  ... these chips appear to be BGA, although I'm not a chip expert).  

What does this mean? I have a few thoughts but they are pure speculation, so I will save them for now.

Right, that is a BFL ASIC miner.  Why would they use Avalon chips for it?  Was that a conspiracy going around?
steamboat (OP)

Activity: 648
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 01:25:07 AM

The board in pavelk's post is a bfl, not an Avalon. If you browse back a couple pages there's a pic of an Avalon that I'm presuming the thread owner possesses, though I don't read Russian so idk.

Also, bfl's power consumption is through much higher than Avalons, so I don't think they just purchased chips n made one offs.

ASIC miners available for purchase

Those who serve best, profit most.
bvall

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 01:52:49 AM

Hello. I was looking to place an order for some chips; however, I was not sure if I include the shipping cost now. It looks like I wait to send the shipping fee, just wanted to make sure.
steamboat (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 02:04:20 AM

Hello. I was looking to place an order for some chips; however, I was not sure if I include the shipping cost now. It looks like I wait to send the shipping fee, just wanted to make sure.

That is correct. Only payment for the chips are due now.

Kickingpanda

Activity: 16

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 03:05:39 AM

Hi Steamboat,
In your latest update to the OP, you state:
"I have partnered with developers to provide the equipment necessary to turn Avalon chips into miners."

Are you at liberty to say who these developers are?  Are they active on Bitcointalk?
I'm asking because while I have faith in Bkkcoin, I am INCREDIBLY suspect of Burnin.
I seriously believe he is going to run off with everyone's chips and coins.

I know you have asked him for further identification, but he didn't respond in the thread.
Has he provided any more proof of identity about himself or his "company"?

KPanda
steamboat (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 04:09:46 AM

Hi Steamboat,
"I have partnered with developers to provide the equipment necessary to turn Avalon chips into miners."

Are you at liberty to say who these developers are?  Are they active on Bitcointalk?
I'm asking because while I have faith in Bkkcoin, I am INCREDIBLY suspect of Burnin.

I know you have asked him for further identification, but he didn't respond in the thread.

KPanda

I am working with BkkCoins to develop the Klondike board. I've sent some coin for prototypes and he will most likely be receiving some of the sample chips once I receive more information. I am also working with an engineer who will be validating the information given by Avalon once released.

There are no other projects that I am comfortable working with, and suggest everyone research who they are trusting to develop their miners for them.

If anyone who has purchased chips would like them delivered to a developer for assembly, that is fine. Once the chips have been shipped, I am no longer responsible for them. I am sourcing US assembly shops to have my boards and chips shipped to and assembled. Once I have more concrete numbers, I will share the information and open it up to the group.

Thank you for taking the time to investigate who you are working with.

Kickingpanda

Activity: 16

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 05:33:49 AM

Hi Steamboat,

KPanda

I am working with BkkCoins to develop the Klondike board. I've sent some coin for prototypes and he will most likely be receiving some of the sample chips once I receive more information. I am also working with an engineer who will be validating the information given by Avalon once released.

There are no other projects that I am comfortable working with, and suggest everyone research who they are trusting to develop their miners for them.

If anyone who has purchased chips would like them delivered to a developer for assembly, that is fine. Once the chips have been shipped, I am no longer responsible for them. I am sourcing US assembly shops to have my boards and chips shipped to and assembled. Once I have more concrete numbers, I will share the information and open it up to the group.

Thank you for taking the time to investigate who you are working with.

Thanks for the clarification!
I will probably follow the same route as you, since I am in the states as well.
In the meantime, I'll be dreaming of Klondike 64's...  Smiley
evilscoop

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 05:40:11 AM

Nice one steam.
Klondike board was were I was wanting my chips to go on Smiley
quiksilver911

Activity: 18

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 06:32:07 AM

Sent payment and email. I'm in.

Thanks for the hard work steamboat.
fran2k

Activity: 784

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 06:49:46 AM

Update: 5/10/2013
Avalon has released their design. I am having it verified and getting pricing for fab and assembly. These numbers will be used to gauge open source projects to determine the most cost effective route and give accurate pricing for finished miners. Pre-orders for assembled miners will be available once pricing and manufacturing are confirmed.

Where is the design?
quiksilver911

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 06:58:27 AM

Avalon has released their design. I am having it verified and getting pricing for fab and assembly. These numbers will be used to gauge open source projects to determine the most cost effective route and give accurate pricing for finished miners. Pre-orders for assembled miners will be available once pricing and manufacturing are confirmed.

Where is the design?

Here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=200668.0
steamboat (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 07:13:24 AM

Sent payment and email. I'm in.

Thanks for the hard work steamboat.

Recorded and replied.

Thank you  Smiley

Headway is being made in the pricing department for finished miners. Rough estimates should be available in a few days. The finalized layout needed for an exact quote is not yet ready. The numbers being received are based on the PCB design and BOM, and may(probably) change.

Pricing is also in progress for the equipment needed to remotely manage 40kw worth of miners with the hosting service. More information will be available shortly on that front as well.

quiksilver911

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 07:20:03 AM

Hi Steamboat,

Thanks for the message. I confirm that your email has been received.

I don't know if you have seen Dalkore's hosting service with cheap power. It might be of interest, link below.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=186559.0

steamboat (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 07:35:56 AM

Hi Steamboat,

Thanks for the message. I confirm that your email has been received.

I don't know if you have seen Dalkore's hosting service with cheap power. It might be of interest, link below.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=186559.0

I have indeed. I'm interested in what he comes up with.

PavelK

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 10:48:30 AM

Now (after starting publishing avalon documentation) success story in PCB development and related expirience from Needbmw is not so important.  But if PCB developers for our batch will have problems due to lack of documentation (f.e. absence of communication protocol detailed description), he can try to get a hint from needbmw.

The board in pavelk's post is a bfl, not an Avalon. If you browse back a couple pages there's a pic of an Avalon that I'm presuming the thread owner possesses, though I don't read Russian so idk.
Yes, BFL.
There are no pics of maket PCB in thread. Messages from ZPK and qqqq with picture and youtube link is offtopics (related to BFL products).
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 04:55:44 PM

This is what I'm interested in. Let me know what your price ends up at!

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
madmax_ger

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 06:27:34 PM

@steamboat: may I ask what's your country? perhaps I overread it.

I'm very interested in your ready-to-run miner and about to preorder chips
and straight looking forward to any numbers about approx. lead time after
chip arrival or end pricing.

http://btcinvest.net/bitcoin-mining-profit-calculator.php - check it out!next difficulty + time leftcustomizable monthly (diff + USD/BTC) increasements device lead timeupdate: auto-compares device costs to BTC-buy profit ♥ 1btciBCKb59TbzNj5QzC2EXWDARxtJL1f
steamboat (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 06:31:27 PM

@steamboat: may I ask what's your country? perhaps I overread it.

I'm very interested in your ready-to-run miner and about to preorder chips
and straight looking forward to any numbers about approx. lead time after
chip arrival or end pricing.

I am located in Florida, USA. Miner assembly will take place in the US to reduce turn-around time. Initial numbers for fab assembly of a full batch are ~10 days for a full batch.
Please note: Shipping from the manufacturer to me, and from me to the end user will add to the timeline. Do not use these numbers as a final date for delivery.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 226 »
  Print  

Jump to: