Bitcoin Forum
July 21, 2024, 12:17:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is going on with Worldcoin project? Why did it increase?  (Read 855 times)
minere2011 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 05:35:51 AM
Last edit: May 23, 2017, 08:29:43 AM by minere2011

I remember Worldcoin from years back. I haven't heard about them for a long time. Until today when I noticed Worldcoin price has gone up almost 150% in less than two days. I dug a bit deeper to find out that they actually remained active all this time and have just published their new multicoin wallet.

I sent them an email and they told me that the project is going well, they had been just concentrating on development part instead of hyping the coin.

Anyone here buying WDC coins now? What do you guys think?
bobo012

Activity: 714
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 05:54:16 AM

I had them a few years back, but sold. I don't see anything meaningful in a 150% increase. Every other coin is doing that these days.
Also there are better opportunities nowdays.
minere2011 (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 06:03:58 AM

Hello,

Thanks for your insight, I don't know much about them. I just read about them a while back on their website, I myself am fairly new to this so I just wanted to understand more about this coin or what people are doing why it would increase so much but if it happens to all of them then okay. Anyway thank you for replying..
XiaLang

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 06:55:49 AM

They seem to have reformed their group and moved to Singapore. Probably have some ties to Chinese crypto society? That might also explain the sudden boost. It might be a good idea to keep an eye on them. I will download their wallet and do some more research...
MelG

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 10:18:31 AM

They seem to have reformed their group and moved to Singapore. Probably have some ties to Chinese crypto society? That might also explain the sudden boost. It might be a good idea to keep an eye on them. I will download their wallet and do some more research...

Worldcoin made me one of the biggest payouts ever. But that was years ago. Are you Chinese? I found this recent article http://www.btc38.com/news/2017/5/14082.html but it is in Chinese? I tried to translate with google but I think it turned out a bit funny.

If you look further can you share your experience with the rest of us?
jackychanxxx

Activity: 62

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 11:36:13 AM

I believe it was simply because some Chinese whales pumped it on btc38

minere2011 (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 02:44:44 PM

Okay jackiechan so what you are saying is that this is not good thing happening. I made a project a while ago which let me choose if I wanted to get paid in EUR or if i wanted to roll the dice and play with this coin and since the project took a while but it was just time spent no money, I went with this coin just you know for the fun (not much of a coin man here, I really did miss the train regarding BTC already, I was asked common 1K EUR to it in 2009 and it was like very low and I just said "nahh not gonna risk") and we all see where BTC is at. Anyway so I have a few coins in this WDC project, so what you mean is I shouldnt hold onto them anymore?
MelG

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 12:09:58 AM

Okay jackiechan so what you are saying is that this is not good thing happening. I made a project a while ago which let me choose if I wanted to get paid in EUR or if i wanted to roll the dice and play with this coin and since the project took a while but it was just time spent no money, I went with this coin just you know for the fun (not much of a coin man here, I really did miss the train regarding BTC already, I was asked common 1K EUR to it in 2009 and it was like very low and I just said "nahh not gonna risk") and we all see where BTC is at. Anyway so I have a few coins in this WDC project, so what you mean is I shouldnt hold onto them anymore?

Pumping normally means that they believe the coin would be more valuable soon. This could be because they know something we don't know or they are just gambling. Normally people invest into something when they have a solid reason to believe it will bring them profit. What is the case with WDC, we don't know yet for sure!

I would keep the coin you have for a bit longer to see! This might be your opportunity...or not! Smiley
minere2011 (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 09:40:36 AM

Hello,

Thank you for the information, It would be perfect if I was well versed in this Altcoin Bitcoin trading game but I skipped that class in School ^^.. Any little information is good to know, thank you for that. I will then keep onto them for some time, I had actually forgotten them just on the side. But I will take your advice and just hold onto them and let the pieces fall where they may Tongue
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 11:43:16 AM

btc 38 making some good pumps themselves these days, shame you can't easily load or unload coins there for some wallets right now.

jackychanxxx

Activity: 62

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 12:36:27 PM

I just told you what I heard, that is, it increased probably due to hot money. I don't have any idea what the dev team is doing

CraigWrightBTC

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 12:43:30 PM

I just told you what I heard, that is, it increased probably due to hot money. I don't have any idea what the dev team is doing
I think it is true because almost all of altcoins are just for makes money (be traded on the markets)
just a little amount of altcoins that has fungtion or beneficial,
that is why we must choose the altcoins that has good fundamental, so we don't get trap on scam coins
if there are not updating from the developer of altcoins, we must becareful.
Seville

Activity: 270
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 12:47:04 PM

crapcoins will pump for no given reason Grin
minere2011 (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 12:49:31 PM

Okay, so one has to be careful yes but their site is quite live? They released a new version of their wallet and they put out a news article few weeks ago and I mean if this is not real then this is one hell of a real scam isn't it?.. How far does people take this really..

I just went to https://worldcoin.global/3112-2/ and that is written in March, I am a web developer but not a programmer by any means in C+ or C or any of these languages but there is time spent behind this no?

It would be cool if what they are saying on the site is the reality, almost instant confirmation instead of waiting like with Bitcoin. Hope the dev team is a good one really, sure would make me happy seeing how It's just been sitting there in this wallet of mine for the longest time.

I am not going to lie I only took it because the alternative didn't interest me for my work. Anyway if anyone knows something about this feel free to share with the rest of the class Cheesy
XiaLang

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 06:43:00 PM

Hello all

As promised I did some researched and here is what I found out: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1959207.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: