Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:27:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Downgraded my shipping?!  (Read 14202 times)
ralree

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Manateeeeeeees

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:32:00 PM

Shipping & Handling:    $638

Nope!

1MANaTeEZoH4YkgMYz61E5y4s9BYhAuUjG
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:43:14 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2013, 04:14:59 PM by Bitcoinorama

Guessing that USPS/UPS hasn't changed their shipping costs and that regardless of the new case size the quoted amount was ample.

From a casual observers standpoint knowing that BFL aren't capable of producing units at the volumes per day initially suggested, I'd imagine by forcing your hand to either pay more for shipping, or agree for a slower postage buys them time to only prioritise those that stump up the extra cash, therefore bypassing the order queue for those that may have paid earlier, but won't cough up (assuming it's most). In essence taking the strain of having to produce as many units as they claim they could per day, but can't. They can blame delayed shipping upon slower postage that you chose. It probably also means they have to legally pay additional for unsociable hours if they have to hire people to work outside or beyond the normal day.

Whatever happens, make sure your estimated shipping cost tally's with the actual cost charged printed on the label by the shipping provider. I'd be interested to see whether it's an accurate reflection...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:07:56 PM

No poster yet seems to have clicked on the "upgrade shipping" box, so this may be of interest.

I saw the same notice late last night. I couldn't remember whether I had originally ordered express shipping or not, so I thought about the upgrade offer with no particular emotion. I'm not in the U.S. so the standard shipping by U.S.P.S. would be a disaster in terms of lost opportunity cost. They offered FedEx for about $100 more - an easy decision (on the surface), as the cost could easily be recovered in a day of mining.

I went for it. They offered to let me pay with BTC or PayPal. I chose BTC and was transferred to their usual processor who wanted about 0.8 BTC. To my surprise, I got a popup from my qt wallet asking for a large transaction fee - large as a percentage, not as an absolute amount, so still no problem in terms of opportunity cost. The transaction went through totalling around 1.2 BTC. Ouch! Nothing to do with BFL, as far as I know, but weird.

Anyway, I watched the confirmations come in and everything seems fine except that on the BFL site the order still shows "upgrade pending" and "amount due $95".

Phooey. During most of the process, I was thinking that the cart process was going very smoothly and that BFL was getting their act together. Now things seem as murky as ever.

I'm not yet ready to join the troll camp, but I'm not exactly starry-eyed about BFL either.
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 05:00:31 PM

this "upgrade to express shipping" Is a toatal fucking cash grab! I already payed for my unit, Express, ALONG TIME AGO, My unit should already be in my hands, Not BFL saying "durr your not on express, give me another $115" for express, BTW, "This wont change anything other than your postal service's speeds, We wont do anything differant"

It seems like they are trying to con everyone out of THIER shipping expenses, I think they underestimated just how much shipping all those units was going to cost them!
I already payed for express, just like many others did, BFL has no right to charge us more money just because they messed up.
AGAIN

Gotta pay for those fancy boxes that are irregular shape (as opposed to using the priority flat rate boxes) and cost more to ship than originally thought.  The shape and size of the miners has changed too, so shipping costs WILL change for BFL... they're just giving you the opportunity to pay for their screw-up /sarc
firefop

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 06:20:04 PM

Un-ethical ...their CEO is a covicted fraudster and conman ...gone to prison or club fed whatever it was
Josh\Inaba there wonderous CTO is also a convicted criminal for selling Cable TV codes or whatever it was

Not only is Josh Zerlan / Inaba their CTO, he's also their COO !!!

Dude is going to have a really tough time finding another job after Butterfly Labs, due the mountains of impropriety and unprofessionalism that has been so thoroughly documented here.

Could not happen to a nicer guy.

... and dude has the fucking gall to call people who ask harsh/pointed questions "trolls"

The man has a complete lack of meta-cognition or modicum of self-awareness.

If he's every out of a job I'd hire him in a second based only on how he's abused idiots on here...

CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 06:23:43 PM

If he's every out of a job I'd hire him in a second based only on how he's abused idiots on here...

+1, that's frikin funny!
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 06:28:37 PM

Wow, that's awesome... So far, I am the CEO, COO, CTO, head of PR, and Customer Service Manager of BFL.  Damn, I have a lot of hats, no wonder I'm so cranky.

You gotta love trolls who try to sound important and rational when they can't even get basic facts right.  Given that, why would anyone even possibly believe they can get more advanced concepts correct when the basics are so out of whack?

Convicted for selling cable TV... huh, gotta admit, that's a new one. My (lack of) arrest record would seem to indicate differently, but who's needs to bring facts into this?

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Aseras

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 06:31:06 PM

Who needs facts when you have the FTC
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 06:34:07 PM

but who's needs to bring facts into this?

I would tread very carefully bro. Lets not bring the FCC into this.

Also, are you not both COO and CTO ? Sincere apologies if I have not gotten those facts straight.

I may be a "troll asshole customer" in your eyes, but I'll happily eat crow if I'm in error.
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 06:48:58 PM

Who needs facts when you have the FTC

If you have proof. post it.  Otherwise, I would not be saying things like this...  Libel and defamation of character is not a good thing to engage in... it can cost you $$$
btw, i'm not a lawyer and this is not legal advise.
centove

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 07:48:15 PM

Wow, that's awesome... So far, I am the CEO, COO, CTO, head of PR, and Customer Service Manager of BFL.  Damn, I have a lot of hats, no wonder I'm so cranky.

You gotta love trolls who try to sound important and rational when they can't even get basic facts right.  Given that, why would anyone even possibly believe they can get more advanced concepts correct when the basics are so out of whack?

Convicted for selling cable TV... huh, gotta admit, that's a new one. My (lack of) arrest record would seem to indicate differently, but who's needs to bring facts into this?

You forgot CPO, C3PO and CNO..

Give me Btc: 1BRkf5bwSVdGCyvu4SyYBiJjEjbNiAQoYd Mine on my node: http://ask.gxsnmp.org:9332/
Fiyasko (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 08:01:14 PM

Guys, I Specifically stated that i would like to keep the # of posts down to a minimum so that we can keep this thread Clean of trollbanter so we can actually get this issue resolved!
Inaba stepped in here to see wtf was going on with the downgraded shipping, And what does he read? "problem, problem, problem, IM A TROLL, IM TROLLING, FK BFL, ITS INABAS FAULT"

For fuck sakes you fucking trolls!, we are trying to get ISSUES resolved, If you are unaffected by this issue, then dont fucking post here!
I was please to see Inabas username at the head of a post, but when i noticed that All of his attention was fixated on the Trolls in this thread, I cant help but be flagrantly Pissed Off!

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
REF

Activity: 529

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 08:06:32 PM

My shipping was downgraded too. I thought I was going crazy glad im not. Has anyone got a response from BFL about this?
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 08:08:44 PM

Inaba stepped in here to see wtf was going on with the downgraded shipping, And what does he read? "problem, problem, problem, IM A TROLL, IM TROLLING, FK BFL, ITS INABAS FAULT"

What about problems with Upgrading shipping ?! None of my Single SC orders have a button displayed that allows me to upgrade to faster shipping.

First world problems of the highest order.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 08:09:12 PM

Guys, I Specifically stated that i would like to keep the # of posts down to a minimum so that we can keep this thread Clean of trollbanter so we can actually get this issue resolved!

For fuck sakes you fucking trolls!, we are trying to get ISSUES resolved, If you are unaffected by this issue, then dont fucking post here!
I was please to see Inabas username at the head of a post, but when i noticed that All of his attention was fixated on the Trolls in this thread, I cant help but be flagrantly Pissed Off!

Really?
Clearly, this is not BFL's fault but instead it is the fault of people totally unrelated to BFL.
Also, you can't use the BFL forums or support infrastructure to resolve your issue because orange and the letter P.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Tehfiend

Activity: 491
Merit: 514

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 08:10:48 PM

LMAO! I think this is the funniest thing I've read yet in the epic JOSH VS BITCOINTALK drama.

/stilleatingpopcorn

P.S. I would trying e-mailing them. You'll have much better luck there as Josh only comes here to roll in the mud with his detractors...
centove

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 08:11:18 PM

Well this topic does have something to do with BFL so the bfl trolls will be out in force. Not much you can do about that. FWIW I never pay for express shipping as it only tends (in my experience) to save one day.. *shrug* I _suspect_ what's going on is that magneto thing they are using for a store front is using a % of the total order for the express shipping.

Give me Btc: 1BRkf5bwSVdGCyvu4SyYBiJjEjbNiAQoYd Mine on my node: http://ask.gxsnmp.org:9332/
bitcoiner49er

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 08:12:04 PM

Really?!

Him taking time to post for the trolls, but not for you doesn't tell you anything?! I am not involved with BFL in any way, but I can clearly see a company that is deceitful. Don't blame the trolls.

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet
Fiyasko (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 08:18:43 PM

-Snip-

Really?
Clearly, this is not BFL's fault but instead it is the fault of people totally unrelated to BFL.
Also, you can't use the BFL forums or support infrastructure to resolve your issue because orange and the letter P.

I can fully agree your view of the stockholm syndrome that MANY BFL orderees have, However you have confused me Very Well with your second scentence, to wich i say, What?, I seems like a scarcastic remark about how BFL has bad support
-Snip-

Well this topic does have something to do with BFL so the bfl trolls will be out in force. Not much you can do about that. FWIW I never pay for express shipping as it only tends (in my experience) to save one day.. *shrug* I _suspect_ what's going on is that magneto thing they are using for a store front is using a % of the total order for the express shipping.

No there is not much i can do other than simply ASK that people who come here just to bash bfl refrain from doing so.

-Snip-

Really?!

Him taking time to post for the trolls, but not for you doesn't tell you anything?! I am not involved with BFL in any way, but I can clearly see a company that is deceitful. Don't blame the trolls.

Yeah this factor really fucking bugs me, Regardless of the trolls thats no excuse to Practically ignore the thread, "Hi im inaba, Im just going to poke my head in, play whack a troll and leave"
Where the hell was the statement of "this is all a massive error" or "blah blah you pay for the new shipping size/weight" or ANYTHING sufficient for that matter!

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
centove

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 08:22:10 PM

I would suggest contacting them directly, either by email or if in the US by phone. As it seems any thread that even remotely mentions BFL brings out the trolls in full force..

*sigh*

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: