Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:11:40 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Downgraded my shipping?!  (Read 14202 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 08:44:24 PM

Lol im also now at standard shipping and system is demanding $800 for express shipping wtf?!

Yeah, this is pretty ridiculous. In fact, you'd be better off buying a round trip plane ticket and getting them in person if you knew what day your order was going to be available. Heck, you could probably hire a courier to drive across country for that price.

Now when you have can pay for a round trip ticket to get your order and that is cheaper than standard shipping costs, you know something is very wrong with said company.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 08:59:18 PM

Please come by the BFL Forums JackRabbit and/or email office@butterflylabs.com or call to get it straightened out. 

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
monkee

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 09:11:36 PM

is express shipping supposed to be $258 on a 60 Gh SC Single??

i upgraded but the jump from $34 to $258 seems extreme
EngMan

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 10:08:23 PM

Please come by the BFL Forums JackRabbit and/or email office@butterfly.com or call to get it straightened out. 

You've jumped into this thread twice and still haven't answered anyone's questions Inaba. Why? It could stop the trolls and solve a problem for your infinitely patient customers.

Sorry, I'm all sold out of x6500's.
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 10:23:31 PM

Please come by the BFL Forums JackRabbit and/or email office@butterfly.com or call to get it straightened out. 

You've jumped into this thread twice and still haven't answered anyone's questions Inaba. Why? It could stop the trolls and solve a problem for your infinitely patient customers.

Josh has said multiple times that he comes here mostly for his own amusement and that BFL is not going to try to offer customer support here.  Regardless of what you think of Josh or BFL, they're not the only Bitcoin service which has decided to stop using these forums for engaging their customers.  They have a support forum and there's really no reason for their customers not to use it.

Suggesting that JackRabbit email BFL probably wasn't the best idea, though, as people there seem to be very long delays in getting a response from them via that method at the moment.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 10:40:02 PM

Josh has said multiple times that he comes here mostly for his own amusement and that BFL is not going to try to offer customer support here.  Regardless of what you think of Josh or BFL, they're not the only Bitcoin service which has decided to stop using these forums for engaging their customers.  They have a support forum and there's really no reason for their customers not to use it.

Suggesting that JackRabbit email BFL probably wasn't the best idea, though, as people there seem to be very long delays in getting a response from them via that method at the moment.

SO he has enough time to be entertained as opposed to fulfulling his customer obligations. No wonder their ASICs aren't done and shipped yet.

LOL the writing is on the wall guys. BFL will fold in the months to come if they do not get more customer preorder money to come flooding in.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Fiyasko (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 11:06:21 PM

Please come by the BFL Forums JackRabbit and/or email office@butterflylabs.com or call to get it straightened out. 
Well the forums are Down, and I do not like the approach of a One on One conversation, the reason being that a company can easy muzzle people One by One, but as a whole voice, it is much harder to reach a Satisfactory deal for both sides.

For example, you could just "stone wall" anyone who rebuttles about the changed shipping when you get a phone call, or an email.
But if you get a thread of nearly a thousand people screaming "HEY!, YOU CHANGED MY ORDER!" then it becomes MUCH harder to silence them.

I am heavily against one on one conversation when it comes to BFL for this reason, Or almost any company for that matter.

Nevertheless I have sent an email to the listed address.

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 11:20:08 PM

Ok, but you won't get customer support from BFL on these forums, so... just sayin'.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 11:22:33 PM

Ok, but you won't get customer support from BFL on these forums, so... just sayin'.

... and your customers get silenced and called trolls on the BFL forums / shoutbox, so... just sayin'.
repentance

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 11:30:26 PM

Josh and JackRabbit.  There are a couple of threads about this over on the BFL forums (I was going to link to them but the forums went down).  Maybe Josh could give an indication of when he'll be able to get around to responding in those threads, which would address JackRabbit's concerns (and the concerns of others similarly affected) in a general way now while he waits for it to be sorted out at an individual level.

My perception is that what people are after is a "here's what's going on and here's how we're going to handle it" statement on the issue.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 11:43:57 PM

Wow. That's insane. O.O
Fiyasko (OP)
Legendary

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 12:17:40 AM

Ahh, I see your position now. Gosh that took me too long to figure out that you (may) look at it as "bitcointalk.org is for bitcoins, If you want help with BFL from BFL, Come to our forums"
Please do understand that at the time of me typing this message, the BFL forums are down

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 12:33:34 AM

Un-ethical ...their CEO is a covicted fraudster and conman ...gone to prison or club fed whatever it was
Josh\Inaba there wonderous CTO is also a convicted criminal for selling Cable TV codes or whatever it was

Not only is Josh Zerlan / Inaba their CTO, he's also their COO !!!

Dude is going to have a really tough time finding another job after Butterfly Labs, due the mountains of impropriety and unprofessionalism that has been so thoroughly documented here.

Could not happen to a nicer guy.

... and dude has the fucking gall to call people who ask harsh/pointed questions "trolls"

The man has a complete lack of meta-cognition or modicum of self-awareness.

Agreed on his job prospects ......tick tick tick ...his time is coming

Narcissism will blind anybody totally and completely

COO & CTO of a bunch of convicts and fraudsters...its not like we are talking about a fortune 500 company are we

WTF is in kansas anyway except for "Dorothey" ... 

OBJECT NOT FOUND
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 12:34:33 AM

Un-ethical ...their CEO is a covicted fraudster and conman ...gone to prison or club fed whatever it was
Josh\Inaba there wonderous CTO is also a convicted criminal for selling Cable TV codes or whatever it was

Not only is Josh Zerlan / Inaba their CTO, he's also their COO !!!

Dude is going to have a really tough time finding another job after Butterfly Labs, due the mountains of impropriety and unprofessionalism that has been so thoroughly documented here.

Could not happen to a nicer guy.

... and dude has the fucking gall to call people who ask harsh/pointed questions "trolls"

The man has a complete lack of meta-cognition or modicum of self-awareness.

If he's every out of a job I'd hire him in a second based only on how he's abused idiots on here...

Good luck with that ...see how that works in the real world....lol

OBJECT NOT FOUND
repentance

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 12:36:33 AM

Ahh, I see your position now. Gosh that took me too long to figure out that you (may) look at it as "bitcointalk.org is for bitcoins, If you want help with BFL from BFL, Come to our forums"
Please do understand that at the time of me typing this message, the BFL forums are down

They're up for me now.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/2337-why-did-you-downgrade-our-shipping.html

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/2301-express-shipping-%24400-gold-pterodactyls.html

Also, in this thread a people are complaining about shipping being downgraded when they thought the original price already included express shipping.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/2250-may-1st-announcement-discussion-thread-3.html

jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 12:37:52 AM

I must confess, as much as I disapprove of Josh and his attitude (though maybe my opinion is colored as a Batch 3 Avalon customer), on this particular thread on this particular page,  Josh comes across as a helpful caring representative of a company trying to assist a customer in a very reasonable and useful way.

Have to give credit where credit is due... Bravo!
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 12:40:38 AM

I must confess, as much as I disapprove of Josh and his attitude (though maybe my opinion is colored as a Batch 3 Avalon customer), on this particular thread on this particular page,  Josh comes across as a helpful caring representative of a company trying to assist a customer in a very reasonable and useful way.

Have to give credit where credit is due... Bravo!

Maybe his account got hacked?  Grin

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Fiyasko (OP)
Legendary

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 12:48:05 AM

They're up for me now.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/2337-why-did-you-downgrade-our-shipping.html

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/2301-express-shipping-%24400-gold-pterodactyls.html

Also, in this thread a people are complaining about shipping being downgraded when they thought the original price already included express shipping.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/2250-may-1st-announcement-discussion-thread-3.html

What bugs me about the BFL forums is the Constant "your post will not be visable untill moderator approval"
Thats just blatent censoring and muffling of the peoples voices for crying out loud!
AKA "you cannot talk in public untill it has been privately approved for public viewing"

centove

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 01:26:58 AM

They're up for me now.

What bugs me about the BFL forums is the Constant "your post will not be visable untill moderator approval"
Thats just blatent censoring and muffling of the peoples voices for crying out loud!
AKA "you cannot talk in public untill it has been privately approved for public viewing"

Well look at what this thread devolved to? So you are surprised they moderate their forum? Hell when you sign up here, you are trapped to one board for a time. Note I'm not saying I agree/disagree with the policy over there. But it is their forum, their sandbox if you will, their rules. Most 'corporate' support forums are heavily moderated, that's just the way of things.

Give me Btc: 1BRkf5bwSVdGCyvu4SyYBiJjEjbNiAQoYd Mine on my node: http://ask.gxsnmp.org:9332/
GigaWave

Activity: 239
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 01:39:11 AM

Doesn't really matter what you post over there on the forum, they VERY rarely respond. You have better luck with twitter it seems.

BTW, the same downgrade to shipping and asking for some over priced "express shipping"(They claim the new price will not expedite you order, which means they are lying to your face about the express shipping cost) happened to me to.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: