Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:44:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Downgraded my shipping?!  (Read 14200 times)
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 08:34:37 PM

Let me know your order numbers, I will be happy to get your refund taken care of right away.

Josh, throw me a bone here... Do you at least recognize how completely unprofessional and anti-customer this sort of attitude is ?

Do you even care ?

I mean, I'm not telling you how to run your business, but you are playing an extremely dangerous game with this sort of brazen attitude.

You are essentially telling everyone here on these forums "We have you, our customers, bent over, and you just need to keep taking it with this Kong Dong of Penetration +2. Fuck you. I don't care about your orders or your business. We'll happily refund your money because we have more masochistic suckers lined up to fill the vacuum of your refund."

And you are the COO of Butterfly Labs ?

Am I far off ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 08:56:35 PM

Don't ask for a refund.

Contact Paypal:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_contact-phone
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_contact-general

Tell them you have paid for express shipping, the company refuses to honor it's invoice/statement. Then tell them this is being forced on all customers abroad with this company. Paypal will grab it's nutcracker and get this straightened out. They will likely tell BFL to honor their agreement as per their invoices.

If you are talking about being bent over, make sure someone else gets bent over instead, on legitimate grounds.

Paypal has a list of what "Express" means. BFL is unlikely to get away with "redefining what Express means" by itself. If it were "Expedited" then BFL would have a leg to stand on. But since they didn't use that word, they are hung by the balls for the bad wording in their invoice.

Go around the Rep. When people did it, things got moving. So simply do it again until you get justice. The power to do something is in you guys (the customers). You guys/gals simply choose to never exercise it.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 09:06:57 PM

Same story with BitPay:

1-855-4BITPAY (1-855-424-8729)
info@bitpay.com

Stop being victims! Call and tell them you need to TALK to someone about "this". *Insist* they look into it ASAP.
Fiyasko (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 09:08:36 PM

Don't ask for a refund.

Contact Paypal:

Tell them you have paid for express shipping, the company refuses to honor it's invoice/statement. Then tell them this is being forced on all customers abroad with this company. Paypal will grab it's nutcracker and get this straightened out. They will likely tell BFL to honor their agreement as per their invoices.

If you are talking about being bent over, make sure someone else gets bent over instead, on legitimate grounds.

Paypal has a list of what "Express" means. BFL is unlikely to get away with "redefining what Express means" by itself. If it were "Expedited" then BFL would have a leg to stand on. But since they didn't use that word, they are hung by the balls for the bad wording in their invoice.

Go around the Rep. When people did it, things got moving. So simply do it again until you get justice. The power to do something is in you guys (the customers). You guys/gals simply choose to never exercise it.
Sadly this is probobly going to turn into a definition war, My invoice says Priority Shipping, Ordered in October 2012

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 09:11:07 PM

Don't ask for a refund.

Contact Paypal:

Sadly this is probobly going to turn into a definition war, My invoice says Priority Shipping, Ordered in October 2012
The newly generated one or the old one from the old system?
Fiyasko (OP)
Legendary

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 09:19:37 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2013, 11:42:11 PM by JackRabiit

The newly generated one or the old one from the old system?
Its what my email response says from the original order date, The email is old, From when i purchased the preorder

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 09:28:26 PM

If that is what the original order says, then why do you believe you should get Express shipping?
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 10:17:19 PM

*Drops mic*
*Throws hands in the air*
*Walks off stage*

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
willphase

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 10:59:30 PM

My original email order also says 'priority' not 'express'.

Also, a quick look at the USPS website clearly makes a distinction between 'Priority Mail® › Fast and affordable shipping for documents and packages.' and 'Express Mail® › Overnight delivery to most U.S. addresses or your money back.'

Anyone who ordered on BFL was always getting 'priority' - the option to upgrade to 'Express' was added recently and does cost more, and was only added because customers were requesting it...

Some of the posts (e.g. on reddit) are particularly disingenuous - saying they are being charged '$400' when this is clearly the cost of the whole order (including the mining rig).  It's no wonder Josh gets so frustrated by posts on this forum.

Will

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 11:21:59 PM

Oh and Josh should be frustrated?

LOLz the thousands upon thousands of customers still waiting for their orders to be delivered are the ones with a justified state of being frustrated.

What is funny is there is not as many updates as there once were before. "shipping soon, next week, next week,...just a little longer"

lol

Those of you ordering BFL products now, you will likely not be able to recoup your investment costs by the time BFL eventually gets to delivering your order.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Fiyasko (OP)
Legendary

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 11:39:39 PM

*Drops mic*
*Walks off stage*

*Clap, Clap, Clap Clap Clap clapclapclapclapclapclap*
Just recently saw his Post about it being Not Possible to even order express shipping before feburary
Inaba, You could've just pointed to your own words and shut everyone up *eyeroll* I'd call you a jerk, but this was all a massive misunderstanding on my/our parts thinking that Priority meant express (or something higher than standard atleast)

PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 11:39:49 PM

*Drops mic*
*Walks off stage*

Unless someone has proof on an invoice or in writing somewhere that they were supposed to get Express shipping and it is not being honored...then I will have to say Inaba has the clear "Win".

Hes right when he says they don't have to offer any Express Shipping. *Priority* is not *Express*. Never has been, never will be.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 11:43:31 PM

*Drops mic*
*Walks off stage*

Unless someone has proof on an invoice or in writing somewhere that they were supposed to get Express shipping and it is not being honored...then I will have to say Inaba has the clear "Win".

Hes right when he says they don't have to offer any Express Shipping. *Priority* is not *Express*. Never has been, never will be.

LOL but the glaring fact is that Priority is not Standard either.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

Fiyasko (OP)
Legendary

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 11:43:59 PM

*Drops mic*
*Walks off stage*

Mhmmmmmmm thats true, So where does this leave us now?

kooke

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 11:49:05 PM

*Drops mic*
*Walks off stage*

What if they have a screenshot that says 'express shipping'?

PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 11:56:34 PM

*Drops mic*
*Walks off stage*

Thats true, but if you have ever shipped with USPS, the only way they can send a multi-pound order is with Priority mail.

First class would be impossible. Book rate would get the devices confiscated (but would be supremely cheap...mail fraud).

Parcel Post is the same price as Priority. Sooo....that pretty much only leaves priority shipping as a method of sending.

=================

Now if josh were a genius, which is debatable, were to make custom boxes that fit into a flat rate Express package, that would be a solution. Though I doubt those Flat Rate boxes are all that big.

https://store.usps.com/store/browse/uspsProductDetailMultiSkuDropDown.jsp?categoryNavIds=catGetMailingShippingSupplies%3asubcatMSS_ExpressMail&categoryNav=false&navAction=push&navCount=0&productId=P_EMFRB1&categoryId=subcatMSS_ExpressMail

https://store.usps.com/store/browse/uspsProductDetailMultiSkuDropDown.jsp?categoryNavIds=catGetMailingShippingSupplies%3asubcatMSS_ExpressMail&categoryNav=false&navAction=push&navCount=0&productId=P_DEMPMFRB1&categoryId=subcatMSS_ExpressMail

These are the only two boxes that I would see maybe fitting the size and shape.

Express international (flat rate) is sometimes approximately the same cost as international priority. (Depends on Size)
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 11:57:16 PM

*Drops mic*
*Walks off stage*

What if they have a screenshot that says 'express shipping'?
If it was paid, then yes, that would qualify. You'd have a legitimate claim.
monkee

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 12:46:24 AM

*Drops mic*
*Walks off stage*

Mhmmmmmmm thats true, So where does this leave us now?

paying $258 to ship one single sc a few states away is where it leaves us.  i don't really care what the shipping offers are called, they're too damned high.
Schrankwand

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 01:16:54 AM

*Drops mic*
*Walks off stage*

Josh, will you be able to send a "Your shipment will be handled within the next ten days" mail or something like that?

It would be useful to determine whether or not I want express shipping upgraded or simply not give a shit Cheesy
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 01:26:16 AM

*Drops mic*
*Walks off stage*

Josh, will you be able to send a "Your shipment will be handled within the next ten days" mail or something like that?

It would be useful to determine whether or not I want express shipping upgraded or simply not give a shit Cheesy

Of course not. You have to make a guess by throwing a dart at a board blindly to see if you hit the jackpot.

It's a gamble and he will not tell you anything anymore given how many fails on his time predictions he made.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: