Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 02:27:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ☘️☘️[ANN][OHM] OHM WALLET - Changing The Future Of Monetary Value ☘️☘️  (Read 22875 times)
Miiike
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1059

Wait... What?

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 06:51:57 PM

When are new exchanges expected?
We're excited by our sudden escalation in value and volume on Nova, and are currently holding an internal fundraiser for Yobit. Previously, they had expressed reluctance due to our relatively low trade volume. We're going to pay the .5 for a premium listing, and are hoping that this + our recently bolstered trade volume gets us on board within the next 10-14 days.

Next stop: Bittrex. We've already been in contact with them; they like the coin, but are also reluctant, due to low trade volume. Again, we're hoping our newly organized direction will help us, along with the expected further increase in trade a la Yobit. Timeframe here is fuzzy, but we're trying to maintain this forward momentum, and are looking to be on both exchanges by mid-August.

Maybe we should pause the effort (if there any) you put on poloniex and relocate them to bittrex or next development (a signature campaign manager, perhaps?), because polo is quite not safe these days. I still have some faith in polo, they'll get better one day, but until that day come, we better relocating our resources to other sectors.
kutangterbang

Activity: 518
Merit: 134

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 06:58:19 PM

Very hard ohm to go back to the heyday, I used to sell ohm at 400 satoshi on nova exchange, but now it's still half. Hopefully can still rise again
varole

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 11:33:52 PM

Excellent price development on OHM in last two days. Rises from 215 to 430. Also bitcoin came under $2000. Maybe people are converting to altcoins, especially low priced ones like Ohm.

https://novaexchange.com/market/BTC_OHM/
zecon

Activity: 364

spattered throughout the golden ethers

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 06:07:58 PM

BTFD... this coin has a future with this active community and solid dev.

If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.
— Jim Rohn
Relax941

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 02:53:34 PM

The status of our current exchange and the exchanges you guys are talking about or looking forward to:

# 61. Novaexchange Volume (24h) top out @   $192,280
# 34. Cryptopia Volume (24h) top out @       $2,072,730
# 29. YoBit (24h) top out  @                        $4,823,850
# 12. Bittrex (24h) top out @                     $14,109,800
  # 3. Poloniex (24h) top out  @                 $71,092,400

Source: https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/volume/24-hour/

--------------------

It was fun here in Pre-school at NovaEx, but this little Ohmmy is graduating from pre-K. It needs to move on to a bigger school where all the big boys are there hanging out and get a bigger slice of the pie (or the little Ohmmie will never grow up).

--------------------

We   Ohmmy, WE OHMMIE !
Relax941

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 04:43:26 PM

I just paid for 10 votes on Livecoin exchange. This exchange is where AllSafe (ASAFE2) gets its volume of trading. Getting a listing on an exchange isn't easy if you have a low cap, low trading coin (ranking below 300), but when it gets there, watch out.

We all need to get busy and go to vote. Give us the direction so that our votes count.

Hey developer, what do you think of this:
https://ohmworld.000webhostapp.com/
Ohm only Auction Site and market place

--------------------

We   Ohmmy, WE OHMMIE !
varole

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 05:35:45 PM

I just sent a coin request to Poloniex on this address: https://poloniex.com/coinRequest

Hope they respond it positively and we start trading there. Ohm has that potential.
biggeneral

Activity: 81

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 03:35:03 AM

I just paid for 10 votes on Livecoin exchange. This exchange is where AllSafe (ASAFE2) gets its volume of trading. Getting a listing on an exchange isn't easy if you have a low cap, low trading coin (ranking below 300), but when it gets there, watch out.

We all need to get busy and go to vote. Give us the direction so that our votes count.

Hey developer, what do you think of this:
https://ohmworld.000webhostapp.com/
Ohm only Auction Site and market place

--------------------

We   Ohmmy, WE OHMMIE !

Voting for adding a coin to Livecoin - https://www.livecoin.net/voting/index?vote=Ohm
biggeneral

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 04:59:33 PM

Question OhmWalletDev.
Why do I have a balance on my wallet that does not match in blockexplorer.ohmwallet.com.
The difference is 108 coins.
Yesterday sent 1000 coins to another address, and blockexplorer shows a transaction of 1108 coins.
But in the wallet they remained. What is the problem Huh
Relax941

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 06:53:52 PM

Massive POS just for staking Ohmmy, like winning small lotto.
Relax941

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 07:59:22 PM

Listing with Cryptopia and the recent price reduction last month https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Forum/Thread/1484

They want 200,000 DOT

I'm willing to donate 1000 DOT  Smiley Can we get more people to sign up or donate?

DOT is trading on Novaexchange
varole

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 01:11:08 AM

Question OhmWalletDev.
Why do I have a balance on my wallet that does not match in blockexplorer.ohmwallet.com.
Yesterday sent 1000 coins to another address, and blockexplorer shows a transaction of 1108 coins.

I am not a Dev but would like to help.
Do you have more than one address in receive coins section?
If yes then this explains your situation.
Your wallet shows the sum of all of your address' balances. Therefore when you check one of your address on blockexplorer it shows only the balance of that address not total balance of your wallet.
biggeneral

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 04:15:37 AM

Question OhmWalletDev.

I am not a Dev but would like to help.
Do you have more than one address in receive coins section?
If yes then this explains your situation.
Your wallet shows the sum of all of your address' balances. Therefore when you check one of your address on blockexplorer it shows only the balance of that address not total balance of your wallet.

No, in receiving coins one address.

blackbird123

Activity: 184

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 04:24:45 AM

The price of these two days is very pleasant. I hope to keep high and make more profits
Miiike
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1059

Wait... What?

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 02:51:15 PM

Massive POS just for staking Ohmmy, like winning small lotto.

I actually want to know how to stake. I asked dev before (I don't remember on this thread or on the old one) if I have to keep my wallet running or I can just let it sit and it'll automatically stake.

And TBH, I don't really remember dev's answer, I think it was that I don't have to run it 24/7, I can just let it sit but I have to log in every now and then to claim my stake. And uhh... I logged in every one or two weeks, run my wallet around 2-3 hours every time I logged in and mint it, but I never got any stake.

How do I stake, actually?
Relax941

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 11:10:59 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2017, 12:49:28 AM by Relax941

I actually want to know how to stake. I asked dev before (I don't remember on this thread or on the old one) if I have to keep my wallet running or I can just let it sit and it'll automatically stake.

And TBH, I don't really remember dev's answer, I think it was that I don't have to run it 24/7, I can just let it sit but I have to log in every now and then to claim my stake. And uhh... I logged in every one or two weeks, run my wallet around 2-3 hours every time I logged in and mint it, but I never got any stake.

How do I stake, actually?

Ohm is my first crypto. I had no experience in mining. It's really easy.

1. From Ohmwallet.com ----> click Download and install the Ohm wallet app (currently only desktop/laptop PC, Mac, or Linux)
2. Open Ohm wallet. It will try to synchronize with the network and download blocks.
  During this synchronizing and downloading blocks. It may freeze or get stuck. I had to restart the Ohm Wallet 8 times took about 1.5 hour to finish,
  while I was doing other stuff on the computer. This is freezing is a communication issue, but once it is synchronized, it works really well -no shutting off
  again.
3. On your Ohm Wallet click tab ----> receive coin -This is your address to receive Ohm. There is no private key. You will need to backup wallet .DAT to keep your Ohm coins save. Like video games, save often when you receive or accumulate coins. Also, save to external hard drives or USB drives.

You cannot mine/ mint until the sync is finished. Then you buy Ohm from the exchange and withdraw to your Ohm address.  Encrypt and unlock to mine/mint. Save or remember your encrypt password. That's it. New coins also need 8 hours to mature.
-The amount you will receive is 20% per year (the more Ohm you have in the wallet, the better because you get more). This amount is reduced by 5%
  per (network) year.
-I keep my PC Laptop running. It will go half sleep, screen turn off, no fan, but still mining/ minting. This 7 years old  (Windows 7) Laptop PC with 32 web browser tabs and Ohm wallet and everything running all together shows  7-10% CPU usage at the moment.
-I keep my PC running because it's helping the network verifying transactions, and for that you get paid in Ohm. So, it is a reasonable trade off.
I do not know about shutting it off and turning it on every once in awhile, not helping the network and still getting paid? Something for nothing? If everyone is able to do that, no transaction would be verified. Nobody get paid. No Ohm network
-The CPU usage is very small. May be you should buy a cheap used PC just for mining/ minting. If you're not willing to do that, just buy and deposit to your wallet and don't bother to mine/ mint all together.
-It is rewarding to receive POS rewards from mining/ minting. The amount varies some small, some large, some very large. it's like playing lotto, kind of fun.

-------------------
Just checked CPU usage for Ohm alone consumes 0-1% CPU power on my laptop.
-------------------

We  Ohmmy, WE OHMMIE !
zecon

Activity: 364

spattered throughout the golden ethers

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 06:29:02 PM

OHM is one of the best staking coins I've ever seen...

Hold/accumulate/stake.

If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.
— Jim Rohn
biggeneral

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 08:07:34 AM

Proposal for developers.
Can you produce weekly reports on the work done.
I think it would be interesting to everyone.
biggeneral

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 09:13:44 AM

'eyo, everybody!

We've been sadly remiss in keeping bitcointalk updated on our progress, but we've turned over a new leaf recently (it turned out to be a page in a book on business management, but more on that later). We're trying to be much more organized, open and transparent than we have been, which was always our goal. If you have any questions you'd like to ask (like "where the heck did you go," "is OHM still active?" and so on) feel free to. We'll answer them directly; people deserve a little individual reassurance, at this point.

With that in mind, here are a few things we've been working on over the last two weeks.

• Reorganization: We're using a suite of tools we hadn't taken advantage of previously to ensure that everything stays on track. Web-based tools, file storage, password management apps, you name it. Now, more or less, everybody knows what everybody else is doing. Access to OHM's social media properties is in the right hands, etc.
  • Media rebranding: We've got a team of 6 people who are more or less digital wizards (it's more, trust me) pumping out a lot of images. We're addressing our somewhat inconsistent visual themes, and developing media kits. There are digital video recordings in the works as well, to help propagate our message; one is similar to a public service TV announcement, and the other is more like a rap video.
  • Android Wallet: This was delayed by an unexpected computer meltdown. All information was saved, and the primary developer on this particular project is now focused specifically on expediting its completion (he's not currently working on the AoK blockchain until it's done; see below for more on that). Glad to see you "resettled," MC!
  • iOS wallet: This is proving problematic. Historically, Apple doesn't accept altcoin wallets, and we'd have to completely rewrite the code in Swift even if they were to do so. We may have to take an alternative route to the established concept of a cryptocurrency wallet; we'll have more on this as it develops, but (without similar impediments facing us) we're currently focused on Android. We will not abandon iOS, it's just going to take us a little bit longer than we had hoped for.
  • Acts of Kindness Blockchain Development: At its heart, the LAMB initiative is an experiment with providing a blockchain-style structure to a registry of acts of kindness. Currently, LAMB is managed manually, but our eventual goal is the incorporation of an automated process, confirmed by members of the community. In return for providing confirmation, those members share in the OHM bounty awarded for the act that's been recorded. The idea is similar to wikipedia; a small team of community managers, bolstered by anybody who'd like to help out, with a few standards in place to help ensure that only appropriate acts are added to the blockchain.
  • RFID Technology: The iOS wallet is giving us some grief, but we've made contact with a developer for an entirely different field of software application. The goal is to create an RFID-based network for real-world OHM distribution. The possible applications of this are numerous; for example, let's say someone plants a tree. We can periodically provide a chip that's embedded in the tree with a small infusion of OHM. This could reward the planter, or they could use it to get other people in their local community involved.
  • Charitable Outreach: OHM is tightly united, at present, with SVV, as we continue to help each other advance and receive more recognition.
     Down the road a ways, we will return to our formerly loose association, with the sole focus of direct connection between the two being the LAMB initiative. Our goal is to reach other charitable, goodwill, or positivity-centered organizations, and work with them to achieve recognition as a recognized form of internal currency. Having OHM used as a medium for charitable giving, in widespread fashion, would be hugely beneficial to our underlying message.

That's the last few weeks in a nutshell, barring the usual day-to-day running of an organization consisting of a diverse range of individuals. We have students, experienced professionals, and people working more than one full-time job alongside self-employed freelancers and people down on their luck. Everyone has something to contribute, however, and we're all united in our enthusiasm to see a platform take off that, rather than simply rewarding acts of kindness, creates something new. The acts of kindness and sustainability are what provide value to OHM in the first place. We're convinced that, if OHM's focus is on kindness and sustainability as being a source of value, not simply a way to earn it, our message will become much more powerful.

We'll be on the road to changing the world, one act at a time.

If you have any questions about OHM regarding technical aspects of the currency, or any of the points raised here, feel free to ask them. You can ask here, and we'll make an honest effort to ramp up our responsiveness. You can also visit us on Discord, where you can chat with the developers directly. Speaking of which, do you know C++? Do you know Java? Are you willing to stick around for a bit and lend a helping hand, here and there, maybe for an hour or two at a time? Join the Discord, and talk to chenstyle or MC05259 about possibly helping out. If you're interested, and can withstand the ferocious, possibly slightly possessive hugging that will undoubtedly result.

Seriously, they're both awesome. They're just looking for a little more awesome, because two people handling all the awesome is a bit much.

I liked the report of this plan.
biggeneral

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 01:12:28 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2017, 03:31:46 PM by biggeneral

For a long time there was no news on the site. There it is written:Thanks for reading, and as always, make sure to come back and check these updates regularly!
A month has passed, it seems that something can be written.We wait. Wink

Little information about the coin on youtube.com.You can do some kind of review on a coin, something to interest the people.

Community, it turns out not active. Please vote for free for a coin for livecoin, did not succeed.17 votes.Ha-ha-ha. Of course it's free under one condition, but it is easily feasible (register, get at the stock exchange, at least, Dogecoin, vote and withdraw You can back). In general, as they say it would be a desire.Here you have acts of kindness.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: