Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 03:00:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ☘️☘️[ANN][OHM] OHM WALLET - Changing The Future Of Monetary Value ☘️☘️  (Read 22875 times)
Relax941

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 11:07:46 PM

Could we get a community slack going? I know many people don't do Discord...

It is possible. But at this point in time, I think the team and the community have established a strong presence on the Discord platform as our main source of communication regarding Ohm development (and, unfortunately, much more active than this Bitcointalk forum). If someone wants to start Slack, we'll check it out
changeproject

Activity: 240
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 07:20:58 PM

It is very quiet in this forum.
OhmWalletDev (OP)

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 02:05:33 PM

I'm so confused, maybe ill have to read everything just.one.more.time   ;p
There's nothing here to mine, which kinda sux for me, but apparently we can score some OHM thru some viral marketing for them, hmmm...
idk, i don't live anywhere nice haha, just be shitty pics from me, so i wont take part myself, but i tlike the idea and thats a cool logo for it  so ill follow this see how it goes for you, Good Luck man! Smiley

CjMapope -

It's still a concept that is coming to fruition because it is not as commonly used, but Ohm uses Staking vs Mining, which is similar but I encourage you to look into the specific differences between them because it's a bit much to go into here, but essentially, the mining processes is resource intensive and staking moves it to your local device with better efficiency and less energy use overall.

Ohm is currently earned through Acts of Kindness (AoK) that we are developing a platform for. More to come on this. The idea is that Ohm can be purchased through an exchange, but can only be earned (given) for proven acts of kindness. We are looking at trying to achieve at least 1 million acts of kindness by encouraging people to make positive impacts and to pay it forward - if you earn Ohm through an act of kindness, you can also give it to someone else for the same. This not only circulates the currency, but it also promotes the type of positive changes in the world we hope to achieve. Through this type of incentivizing, the Scrooge syndrome / myth is reduced as even people who only do something kind for a reward, through repeated acts, will start to find reward in the act itself and not the financial incentive.

We are working hard to bring together the right people in development, marketing and crypto-financial experts, to build a sustainable platform for change. With the efforts being purely volunteer, and through the community at large, we have a group of core people working consistently, and many people that want to participate, but aren't able or willing to commit to the effort needed to move certain parts of the platform forward. This has been an ongoing roadblock for quite some time, so some vetting of participants has been necessary.

The support from the community continues to grow and we really appreciate everyone that comes to this thread with interest in our project.

More to come!
OhmWalletDev (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 02:26:05 PM

Apologies to everyone, we've had quite a bit going on.

Here is where we are currently:

Development Issues:

• The core wallet apps are getting their splash screens and logos updated with the correct sized images to reflect the new branding and website soon to come.
  • we are working on building out a web based wallet based on the bitcoin JS library and doing some proof of concept work with the library to see if it's fit for the purposes we need and secure based on any changes to it we have to add.
  • the voting application needs to be built out, iterated on to get it to where we feel we have all of the functionality and data needed in order to facilitate giving away Ohm and eventually building a subscription application for mobile devices so that people can be notified of available AoK that they can participate in (think member rewards service).
  • Android wallet needs to be worked on or completed, which a different developer is leading on now that one of the previous developers has left, but really requires some heavy Java expertise that we are currently looking for.
  • Our core bitcoin code needs to be updated before we can add any features or changes - this requires going through the updates to the bitcoin libraries and merging in specific groups / branches of code and testing them with the daemon and wallets, this will not be trivial and we have only one developer that has the majority of expertise in the blockchain code space, so he and the other developers are going to work on that together but we will benefit greatly from having a dedicated C++ developer that is well versed in the blockchain / crypto space.
  • complete the full site map for the new platform and applications (current and future state) showing how the applications will interact and move the ohmwallet.com domain to a new hosting account and start migrating new Ohm applications (voting application, web wallet, etc) to new servers one at a time after they have been completed and tested. This will allow us to keep a secondary set of servers up for making quick changes without breaking production and act as a "staging" ground for us to collaborate and work from on site changes before they are moved to the new production cloud servers, and gives us a fall-back point if something goes horribly wrong on the user-facing side.
  • once completed, start utilizing ALL of the tools we have built so far to do marketing campaigns for 1 million acts of kindness to funnel users in first to the web wallet and AoK platform (likely to get the most attention) and for other serious crypto buyers, to send them to the main wallets where they can mint larger quantities of Ohm coin

We are still looking into the incorporation and legal implications of doing so. We are still working on expanding our presence on the exchanges but we are not focusing on it until some of these other parts are in place. Anyone that is interested in helping, should reach out to us through any of the channels available through the website, Discord, here or elsewhere.

Admittedly, the challenges of starting a platform for a crypto currency through a public community and Discord can't be understated. Different time zones, language barriers, desire to stay anonymous, different cultures and belief systems, combined with an almost exclusive online-only presence has made it difficult to move at a pace we desire, but know that we are constantly working to overcome these challenges and believe the reward is worth it.
OhmWalletDev (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 02:26:56 PM

Ohm is dead isn't it?

Nope, we've been busy!   Wink
vulturvolans

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 11:05:02 PM

Ohm is dead isn't it?

Nope, we've been busy!   Wink
Ok because I have heard about 100,000 coins being dumped straight up on novaexchange so that is bad news for ohm.

100,000 OHM exchanged for bitcoin means volume/movement so it's not necessarily a bad thing; and compared to the $30k+ USD spent on OHM in the last month it seems like a drop in the bucket. And I'm sure they will regret it once we are on higher volume exchanges Smiley

I'm confident that as we continue to engage with our community and work together as a team OHM will grow into the behemoth that it deserves to become. We have a truly unique concept and variety of means for exploring it's utility. Because we are all a volunteer team, people come and go, yet some of us remain steadfastly attached to seeing the project through to its completion. I personally hope to see 1 Million Acts of Kindness.

Before we release a beta platform for users to test AoK, I would like to remind everyone they can earn OHM by submitting Acts of Kindness here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfhiYMThKR5mlxbnguYl1XLM11gP_G7yQfUKfYgR3kE66BRlw/viewform?c=0&w=1

I personally review each Act for now. The last three submitted were these:
8/1/2017 21:07:53
ACT - Planting in my room
PROOF - https://steemit.com/plating/@sanjay91422/new-members-in-my-room-no-more-lonely   
DESCRIPTION- "Although it not a kind of act of kindness but a necessity of my life, because I like plants. But planting is considered as an act of kindness by you, so I am posting it here."
TX ID OHM RECEIVED - f83d90ace8672bbe2683a740710d367a4bd29abbb36f07859989cee4f66bf862

8/7/2017 4:19:51   
ACT - Assisting a human, in any way   
PROOF - http://imgur.com/a/MmfZH   
DESCRIPTION - Helping Hands to CHILDREN in needs.
TX ID OHM RECEIVED - e9818bda4ed311b614c5cd2a9a163a440a7fc2c2243eee1584bd0952b906c3d6

8/8/2017 5:55:09   
ACT - Visit Elderly   
Proof - Photo   
Description - Visited elderly in rest home to uplift spirits
TX ID OHM RECEIVED - ecf862b90b57d025cc31256f444b15724ca62a829a0e7a6f11cd3291b9f9a601

I really look forward to the development of a functional application which enables users to submit their acts of kindness, involves the community in determining their eligibility and proof, and provides a social platform through which positivity can be creatively and technologically explored.

Relax941

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 03:16:18 AM
Last edit: August 20, 2017, 03:35:35 AM by Relax941

This picture is not associate with the Ohm development team. This titled "Ohm for peace and kindness" is a fan made image created by me.

With the word "Ohm" written in different languages Ohmio -Spanish,    L’ohm -French,    歐姆 -Chinese,    Om -Russia,   옴 -Korea,    オーム -Japanese, โอห์ม  -Thai    

Source for Ohm characters: Ohm wikipeadia

***I tried to post an image, but it only shows the link because I'm only a Newbie member.
I have be a Jr. Member (Achieved at 30 Activity) to post a picture in a thread.***
Relax941

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 03:49:31 AM

Development Issues:

• The core wallet apps are getting their splash screens and logos updated with the correct sized images to reflect the new branding and website soon to come.
  • we are working on building out a web based wallet based on the bitcoin JS library and doing some proof of concept work with the library to see if it's fit for the purposes we need and secure based on any changes to it we have to add.
  • the voting application needs to be built out, iterated on to get it to where we feel we have all of the functionality and data needed in order to facilitate giving away Ohm and eventually building a subscription application for mobile devices so that people can be notified of available AoK that they can participate in (think member rewards service).
  • Android wallet needs to be worked on or completed, which a different developer is leading on now that one of the previous developers has left, but really requires some heavy Java expertise that we are currently looking for.
  • Our core bitcoin code needs to be updated before we can add any features or changes - this requires going through the updates to the bitcoin libraries and merging in specific groups / branches of code and testing them with the daemon and wallets, this will not be trivial and we have only one developer that has the majority of expertise in the blockchain code space, so he and the other developers are going to work on that together but we will benefit greatly from having a dedicated C++ developer that is well versed in the blockchain / crypto space.
  • complete the full site map for the new platform and applications (current and future state) showing how the applications will interact and move the ohmwallet.com domain to a new hosting account and start migrating new Ohm applications (voting application, web wallet, etc) to new servers one at a time after they have been completed and tested. This will allow us to keep a secondary set of servers up for making quick changes without breaking production and act as a "staging" ground for us to collaborate and work from on site changes before they are moved to the new production cloud servers, and gives us a fall-back point if something goes horribly wrong on the user-facing side.
  • once completed, start utilizing ALL of the tools we have built so far to do marketing campaigns for 1 million acts of kindness to funnel users in first to the web wallet and AoK platform (likely to get the most attention) and for other serious crypto buyers, to send them to the main wallets where they can mint larger quantities of Ohm coin

We are still looking into the incorporation and legal implications of doing so. We are still working on expanding our presence on the exchanges but we are not focusing on it until some of these other parts are in place. Anyone that is interested in helping, should reach out to us through any of the channels available through the website, Discord, here or elsewhere.

Admittedly, the challenges of starting a platform for a crypto currency through a public community and Discord can't be understated. Different time zones, language barriers, desire to stay anonymous, different cultures and belief systems, combined with an almost exclusive online-only presence has made it difficult to move at a pace we desire, but know that we are constantly working to overcome these challenges and believe the reward is worth it.

@ OhmWalletDev Acts of kindness is a great concept/ idea worthy for an ICO.

It seems like our coin is doing a whole heck of a lot more than any other coins in its class. Ohm needs to be on its own class because we have a wonderful, unique project.

Ambitious projects require ambitious resources and capital.
Don't let this project fail because of the lack of money, resources or  man power (coders). How are you going to pay for your network server? Web developers/ hosting? How are you going to find volunteer skilled coders? Volunteer? How are you going to pay to get Ohm listed on the major exchanges?

I know that you are against ICO from the beginning. I understand your view from following you on Discord chat. I truly respect you for wanting to remain low-key. But the project has gone much bigger, more people involved, more ambitious, requires/ needs mass audience adoption to succeed goal (1 million acts), and will require resources and money.

You don't have to get the project completed to have an ICO, just keeping it as work in progress needing capital, awareness, and publicity for adoption that ICO may bring to Ohm Wallet project.

What concerns me is the one of the developers has left, so who is next? More volunteer people are going to leave. You cannot blame them because they can work in another job to earn money. They may have mouths to feed or bills to pay. Are you going to help them pay their bills?

*** Please continue by reading my proposal ***
Relax941

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 04:10:37 AM

Here are the Ohm wallet ICO steps that I propose:

1. Raise money though ICO by OHM vesting pool from Ohm owners. Collect minimum of 12 million Ohm (a little less than half of all the OHM out there) from Ohm holders

You've got the rich list 100 addresses. They need to contribute their Ohm to this vesting. Print the list, save it and keep the list for reference.

2. Set a goal to raise a minimum of 4000 ethers (very doable for an ICO about 1.2 million$ @ $300 per ether. 50% of the money raised go to funding of the Ohm project and the other 50% of the ethers return to Ohm owners for exchanging of Ohm for the vesting.

With my math, the development team receives 2000 ethers or half of all the ether received. Ohm holders receive 2000 ethers for the 12 million Ohm or 1 ether for every 6000 Ohm they contributed.

3. Create ICO signature campaign to raise awareness and raise money for Ohm wallet ICO

4. Add ICO announcement, ICO information, count down timer, and an ICO tap to the Ohmwallet.com website.

5. Create a white paper for Ohm project ICO and add a white paper to the website for PDF download.

6. Create a project timeline.

7. Halt Ohm trading on the exchanges while ICO is in progress.

8. The value of Ohm coins would automatically increase by ICO recognition, more funding and capital investment, utility of AOK concept. Listing and have the money to pay to list on the larger/ major exchanges.

9. Because Ohm is not an ERC20, Ohm ICO distributions require that investors create an Ohm wallet address in order to receive the Ohm, and they need to submit Ohm wallet address prior to sending their ether(s) to invest.

10. Continue volunteer work/ internship and pay-for-work toward Ohm development

11.  Grin **Bonus** Goals that we set are going to be accomplished as stated on the timeline. Mass adoption for AOK. Peace & Harmony and fuller & heavier pocket (money) for Ohm supporters, believers, and contributers.

Please put together an ICO to raise the funds and resources that you need for our Ohm Wallet projects. Ohm wallet is a wonderful proof of stake (POS) wallet. We love you for creating Ohm wallet. Ohm is the gift to mankind. We love Ohm wallet.

Thank you  Smiley
biggeneral

Activity: 81

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 04:56:36 AM

Development Issues:

Thank you.Good luck!!!
varole

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 12:51:57 PM

Is there any ico for the Ohm soon or late?
Relax941

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 07:08:30 PM

Is there any ico for the Ohm soon or late?

We're in a stage of proposal for ICO and rough planning.  Wink

Ohm members expressed their concerns or have questions about legal issues. So, I want to make it clear that we'll be using Ohm as utility tokens and not as company issuing shares.

Developers will receive the fund as they are "hired" by us -the Ohm holders to do the work. We are definitely a decentralized entity. We like privacy and anonymity. The Ohm coins already belong to us. As a group, we volunteer to lend these coins for funding.

For developers, after they receive the fund and distributed the Ohm. They will owe nothing to the investors (other than developing and maintain the Ohm ecosystem as they intended which is what we've been doing all along) because Ohm as an utility token has functions and value on its own. No need to distribute dividends, or shareholder meetings or doing stuffs that associate with securing the securities for investors' interests and all that craps.

For developers, you can to do away with not having the traditional ICO not having to have a CEO, COO, CFO all that BS titles. You don't need to show your faces, telling who you are or your real names, and what your linkin info. We just trust you because you are an incredible team behind this great Ohm wallet. Ohm Developers, you are hired because you can get the job done. We don't care what you look like or what it says on your birth certificate.

The only info we would want to know is when and how long and how many of you have been involved in the Ohm Wallet project and what the future plans and where are we going to go from here. Much of this is ALREADY ON THE OHM THE WEBSITE about the team. https://ohmwallet.com/the-team/ We do not need to do much more.

Because we will tell the investors that they are not investing in a company. Rather, they are investing in Ohm itself. The Ohm wallet is already an amazing POS coin, but now, we are adding a great utility for it called the AOK. We will need funding & awareness exposure that is why we choose to have an ICO for fund raising and awareness. Hosting and network servers don't come cheap. As well as pay-for-work requires money to attract talents.

Investors have the rights to speculate (trade) their perceived value/ real value of their utility tokens. We can't control that (freedom of people). With only about 30 million Ohm in circulation and a great community and awesome developers, who knows how far/ high it can go.

Here's how we would advertise our ICO:

Ohm Wallet ICO - a vesting pool tokens for AOK
                                               + POS

find out more .....

Relax941

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 07:14:12 PM

My original respond on the Discord chat if you're interested in reading more about it:

Now for the legal stuff about my Ohm Wallet ICO proposal:
** How we are not require to report **

1. Each of us already "own" the Ohm tokens. Repeat "We, the individuals already possess these Ohm tokens. These Ohms do not come from a company issuing shares (which would be security).
2. We "hire Ohm Delvelopers" to do their work and exchange for ethers + better Ohm Wallet Ecosystem.
3.Because of AOK, Ohm is a "utility token" because it is used to fuction the AOK infarstucture
4. To investors, ohm will be used as an utility token rater than a company issued shares or tokens and we will tell them so. Developers will declare that "they are hired" by a pool of individual Ohm holders to improve Ohm ecosystem.

We are totally excluded from reporting. Don't believe me Google  "utility tokens vs tokenized securities" or read: https://medium.com/startup-grind/understanding-the-difference-between-coins-utility-tokens-and-tokenized-securities-a6522655fb91
AltCoin555

Activity: 243

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 02:40:49 AM

NO VOLUME.

goodbye.

Learn.
OhmWalletDev (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2017, 01:50:57 AM

NO VOLUME.

goodbye.

Thanks for the contribution!

We appreciate everyone's feedback, even if it's not great feedback.

Goodbye to you sir and good luck in your ventures!

We've had plenty of volume, but a little less movement as we work on things. We're not bitcoin!  Smiley

But we are better...
vulturvolans

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:34:48 PM

I would like to update everyone, as we've been very inactive on this thread.

First I want to say thank you for those who are still members of our community, despite the slow volume. It will increase in due time.

Leadership has reached a decision to take OHM to the next level and incorporate with the goal of achieving non profit status. The official team is nearly completely formed and paperwork being prepared.

Some community members are testing various beta versions of an Act of Kindness platform. If anyone is interested in testing, feel free to PM me.

An innovative altcoin which will remain unnamed for the time being has agreed to form an experimental partnership utilizing each others platforms - more news on this once integration occurs.

A prominent American media theorist, writer, columnist, lecturer, graphic novelist, and documentarian best known for his association with the early cyberpunk culture, and his advocacy of open source solutions to social problems has agreed to be on the advisory board through myself.

We are also in discussions with an industry leading RFID technology company for future blockchain innovation and mobile applications.

OHM/AOK will change the world.
We will do this together, one act of kindness at a time.

This being said we are looking for one or two more developers with C++ experience or working knowledge of PoS blockchain to add to our official team. We would like to find someone dedicated to humanitarian causes that's passionate about what they do.

Please contact me directly in this forum or discord: https://discord.gg/uvFxMw username @LVX for more info.

Thank you everyone, I'm excited about what the future holds for OHM and am glad we are moving in a more organizationally sound direction. Smiley
ducphuc01hp

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:25:34 AM

I would like to update everyone, as we've been very inactive on this thread.

First I want to say thank you for those who are still members of our community, despite the slow volume. It will increase in due time.

Leadership has reached a decision to take OHM to the next level and incorporate with the goal of achieving non profit status. The official team is nearly completely formed and paperwork being prepared.

Some community members are testing various beta versions of an Act of Kindness platform. If anyone is interested in testing, feel free to PM me.

An innovative altcoin which will remain unnamed for the time being has agreed to form an experimental partnership utilizing each others platforms - more news on this once integration occurs.

A prominent American media theorist, writer, columnist, lecturer, graphic novelist, and documentarian best known for his association with the early cyberpunk culture, and his advocacy of open source solutions to social problems has agreed to be on the advisory board through myself.

We are also in discussions with an industry leading RFID technology company for future blockchain innovation and mobile applications.

OHM/AOK will change the world.
We will do this together, one act of kindness at a time.

This being said we are looking for one or two more developers with C++ experience or working knowledge of PoS blockchain to add to our official team. We would like to find someone dedicated to humanitarian causes that's passionate about what they do.

Please contact me directly in this forum or discord: https://discord.gg/uvFxMw username @LVX for more info.

Thank you everyone, I'm excited about what the future holds for OHM and am glad we are moving in a more organizationally sound direction. Smiley

Hi .

Cryptopia listing is going to be great  I also wish the developer would consider Masternodes too.
I really think Cryptopia and masternodes would make this coin great.

Miiike
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1059

Wait... What?

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 03:28:07 PM

Just wanted to make sure here, does the name officially changed? I just look at CMC and see that OHM is now just OHM, without the "wallet". It is nice, since the later word seems to made the coin sounds strange.
dimitri

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 05:46:57 PM

looking forward for masternode implementation Cheesy

herma

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 12:56:04 PM

looking forward for masternode implementation Cheesy