Bitcoin Forum
June 05, 2024, 10:38:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple is in major trouble  (Read 25380 times)
richardfisk

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 06:44:25 PM

why all banks when to create their own coins? they still want to control the people like it used to in the past, right? Damn it. They will soon fallen and they will realize that their destiny belongs to cryptocurrency

g___

Activity: 273
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 07:52:29 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2017, 08:23:28 PM by g___

Ripple doesn't appear to have the durability.

hahaha, why?

another 4.2B xrp was just released, and surprise, right after consensus ended... for example, ripple is partnering with BTCXIndia to launch an xrp exchange. so much FI money is coming into the crypo space.

stop making foolish statements.
cerejobastos

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 08:07:19 PM

Whoever supports ripple really has no clue of what it is.
Either that or you dont want decentralized currencies to gain space over the corruption that are the centralized ones.
So many opportunities to make money, yet people choose to support the ones that are trying to take the money away from them

European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 08:17:35 PM

this was obvious from the start, apart from to ripple fans. no bank will ever, ever expose themselves to any type of market for their internal operations. that's an incredibly stupid idea.
shyliar

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 08:22:43 PM

hahaha, why?

4.2B xrp was just taken off coinmarketcap, and surprise, right after consensus ended... for example, ripple is partnering with BTCXIndia to launch an xrp exchange. so much FI money is coming into the crypo space.

Not sure what you're saying about taken off coinmarketcap, 364,433,379 more ripple were released by the corporation so far in May to take advantage of high prices and 2,245,738,918 since the beginning of the year. At current rate of additional ripple tokens flooding the market likely will see over 5 billion released this year.

End of December 2016: http://coinmarketcap.com/historical/20161225/

The end of April 2017: http://coinmarketcap.com/historical/20170430/

Today: http://coinmarketcap.com/

JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2017, 08:23:36 PM

We're quite happy to compete with everything else. We have an actual deployed product that works today. They are experimenting. We are working with their transaction processing people putting machines in their datacenters in their transaction flow. They're working with their innovation people seeing what the technology might be able to do.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
g___

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 08:24:25 PM

hahaha, why?

4.2B xrp was just taken off coinmarketcap, and surprise, right after consensus ended... for example, ripple is partnering with BTCXIndia to launch an xrp exchange. so much FI money is coming into the crypo space.

Not sure what you're saying about taken off coinmarketcap, 364,433,379 more ripple were released by the corporation so far in May to take advantage of high prices and 2,245,738,918 since the beginning of the year. At current rate of additional ripple tokens flooding the market likely will see over 5 billion released this year.

updated my post - that amount was added, then taken off (as reflected in coinmarketcap).
Blue Mojito

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2017, 08:31:06 PM

There is trolling everywhere in this topic. Pure Speculation. Like as if the readers are plain stupid. Like as if all those who have put their money on Ripple are just naive kids who have been misled by the evil Ripple devs.
shyliar

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 08:32:53 PM

hahaha, why?

updated my post - that amount was added, then taken off (as reflected in coinmarketcap).

You're telling me the circulating supply listed is now incorrect? Well for now the website "coinmarketcap" which your refered to shows the complete opposite. Did you even click on the links where I provided evidence.
ololajulo

Activity: 2240
Merit: 270

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 08:42:17 PM

There idea should have been to be a competitor with banks, now that they decide to turn against it, it might not be easy to go by XRP. The effect of Japan on bitcoin now shows how they can pull a coin and if they want to dump it, they are equally capable.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
alexinv

Activity: 689
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 08:44:02 PM

guys, how do you think what is the consequence of ripple dump for stellar? dump or pump?  Roll Eyes
shyliar

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 08:47:20 PM

Okay I checked the historical snapshot from last week:

http://coinmarketcap.com/historical/20170521/

It does show they removed 283 million from the market (a far cry from 4.8 billion). Maybe they felt bad that people noticed the other 2.2 billion they already added to the market.
God27

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

The 4th industrial revolution!

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 09:02:45 PM

There is trolling everywhere in this topic. Pure Speculation. Like as if the readers are plain stupid. Like as if all those who have put their money on Ripple are just naive kids who have been misled by the evil Ripple devs.

Yep, since 2013.
"They" have beat down ripple/xrp all the way from $0.006 to $0.40 then back down to $0.25.
While lurkers, who have accumulated over the last 4 years, are looking ahead to 2018/2019.

Some are against everything ripple stands for and would rather miss a 10000% return in a 5 year span (March 2017-March 2022) than provide liquidity/value to Ripple Inc by buying xrp. Others just don't think ahead of tonight's dinner.

Some are just here to feed their kids.

aguila

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2017, 09:07:58 PM

Holy s... and I am sitting on a big pile of Ripple. I'll sell once they implement the escrow

serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1258

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 09:37:33 PM

So this is the reason why ripple crashed.  Seems holders are abandoning ships now.  I almost give into buying it at its peak but I was lucky I hesitated.  I feel sorry to those who bought at 20k+ sat, now they are sitting at a lost.  Do you think XRP will bounce back?  I feel that it will even go lower since majority are now in panic sell mode.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
soros017

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 11:21:26 PM

Interesting read, this is news to me. The coin was already in a bear market, and I think that such conditions only increase the price drop in the market. It is surprising that a cryptocurreny with so many points of centralization has become, even for a short period of time, the second most valued in the crypto space.
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2017, 11:36:58 PM

Interesting read, this is news to me. The coin was already in a bear market, and I think that such conditions only increase the price drop in the market. It is surprising that a cryptocurreny with so many points of centralization has become, even for a short period of time, the second most valued in the crypto space.
That's really not so much of an issue any more.

The Chinese government could declare that no miner can build on top of a block that spends a particular bitcoin UTXO and it would be censored. There is no clear plan for how to fix this. Nobody cares enough to actually do anything about it. Whoever has the cheapest power and the best ASICs is a bitcoin stakeholder no matter what you do -- and they want high transaction fees.

Bitcoin's governance is completely paralyzed. The people who believed in bitcoin as a payment system for ordinary transactions can't operate their businesses. The idea that you can have no governance but the system works because interests are aligned has been demonstrated to not be nearly as good as we all hoped and thought it would be.

I'm not bearish on bitcoin. Bitcoin will get through this. But it shows the ridiculousness of complaining about the much less serious drawbacks of a significantly technically superior system.

1) Ripple's consensus protocol doesn't force whoever has the cheapest power and best ASICs to be a stakeholder who wants high transaction fees.

2) Ripple's currency distribution system enriches those who built, and build on, the ecosystem, not power companies and semiconductor manufacturers.

3) Transactions on Ripple confirm faster.

4) Ripple's transaction volume and transaction capacity is much higher.

5) Ripple has functional governance with a clear way for users to change the stakeholders if they don't get what they want.

6) Ripple supports security features like key rotation that are not supportable on a UTXO model.

I still think bitcoin will dominate for the foreseeable future. It got there first. It's good enough technically. There are massive network effects. And there are ways around most of these issues and none of them are deal breakers.

But the number of people making this tired argument that has not stood the test of time well are very, very few now. The facts speak for themselves.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
Marma Kalari

Activity: 546

kittiefight.io Combat MMO Lending Jackpots

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 11:45:48 PM

another 4.2B xrp was just released, and surprise, right after consensus ended... for example, ripple is partnering with BTCXIndia to launch an xrp exchange. so much FI money is coming into the crypo space.

Just noticed that there is an exchange in India just to trade Ripple but one thing i can tell is if the news about ripple is true then all the hype it had till now is vanished just like that and if OP could explain what went on during the Consensus because you stressed something went wrong during the conference which i am not aware of.

▄ ▄▀▀▄  ▄
             ███████
   █████   ▄█▀▀█████▀▀█▄
 ███████████▄██████▄██
██████████████ ▄
██▄█████▄██▀█▀▀█▀██▄█
█▄██▀▄▄███▄█▀▀█▄▀█▀▄█▀▀█▄
 █████▄▀▀▄▀███████▀▄▀
   ▀██████▀▄▀▀▄███▄▀▀▄▀█
       ███▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██
        ▀▀▄████████████▄▀
           ▀▀▄███████▄▀
              ▀▀▄█▄▀▀
KittieFIGHT

Discord | Reddit | Linkedin
██████████████████████
█████████████▀▀▀██████
███ ▀███████     ▀▄███
███   ▀▀█▀▀      ▄████
████▄             ████
█████             ████
██████▄          █████
██████▀        ███████
██▀▀        ▄▄████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████▀▀▀▀██████
██████████▀     ██████
██████████   █████████
████████▀▀   ▀▀███████
████████       ███████
██████████   █████████
██████████   █████████
██████████   █████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀███
██████████▀▀▀      ███
████▀▀▀       ▄    ███
█▄         ▄█▀    ████
████▄▄   ▄█▀      ████
███████▄█▀       █████
█████████  ▄     █████
█████████ ███▄  ██████
██████████████████████
CardShare

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2017, 11:48:43 PM

Think ill hold onto my ripple for the time being see what happens with it.. but I fully agree open-sourcing something like this ain't a good idea as said before someone will always come along
and implement some new feature .

https://Investex.Pro  - Green Mining Operations & Mining Store...
g___

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 12:11:55 AM

Just noticed that there is an exchange in India just to trade Ripple but one thing i can tell is if the news about ripple is true then all the hype it had till now is vanished just like that and if OP could explain what went on during the Consensus because you stressed something went wrong during the conference which i am not aware of.

i don't believe anything wrong happened during consensus. i think many people were expecting something "extraordinary", but people have to manage their expectations and more so remember that xrp saw impressive growth over the last few months. that alone should be (and i would imagine is) reflective of years worth of work and progress.

joel katz mentioned how they re-strategized in a way last minute (paraphrasing). i don't recall the exact specifics, but it sounded like they didn't want to get lost in all the amazing news and updates from other companies. you have to remember that ripple has been at this for a lot longer than others. don't discount all the amazing progress they've made prior to consensus. there's also a payments summit happening in toronto right now, so there could very well be some new updates shortly.

people have to remember that no company is impervious to dips / market fluctuation. financial markets are dictated by a lot more than a company's performance.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: