Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:43:59 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple is in major trouble  (Read 25380 times)
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 02:07:49 AM

If this is the case and its true, I'll be pulling out my XRP's in trading. But we'll try and see what will happen in the next few days too.
affandi

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 02:44:14 AM

in the world of cryptocoin will always be the name of a dump or pump. Ripple including old, altcoin, so I'm sure the dev ripple will not stay silent with all that is going on
AmarO (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 02:56:00 AM

Just noticed that there is an exchange in India just to trade Ripple but one thing i can tell is if the news about ripple is true then all the hype it had till now is vanished just like that and if OP could explain what went on during the Consensus because you stressed something went wrong during the conference which i am not aware of.

i don't believe anything wrong happened during consensus. i think many people were expecting something "extraordinary", but people have to manage their expectations and more so remember that xrp saw impressive growth over the last few months. that alone should be (and i would imagine is) reflective of years worth of work and progress.

joel katz mentioned how they re-strategized in a way last minute (paraphrasing). i don't recall the exact specifics, but it sounded like they didn't want to get lost in all the amazing news and updates from other companies. you have to remember that ripple has been at this for a lot longer than others. don't discount all the amazing progress they've made prior to consensus. there's also a payments summit happening in toronto right now, so there could very well be some new updates shortly.

people have to remember that no company is impervious to dips / market fluctuation. financial markets are dictated by a lot more than a company's performance.

They got alienated at Consensus. Then JoelKatz basically said, "They didn't give us time to present so we couldn't convince any companies to hop onboard with us."
AmarO (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 02:57:46 AM

Ripple doesn't appear to have the durability.

hahaha, why?

another 4.2B xrp was just released, and surprise, right after consensus ended... for example, ripple is partnering with BTCXIndia to launch an xrp exchange. so much FI money is coming into the crypo space.

stop making foolish statements.

Other coins are also getting on BTCXIndia but noone published that news, Ripple had no other news to publish.
CryptoMensch

Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2017, 03:11:56 AM

I thought that during and after Consensus the price was going to raise... but it sank

BANCOR
aguila

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2017, 03:38:32 AM

I really hope that XRP doesn't get in trouble

nrdavids

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 09:56:47 AM

These stupid anti-Ripple trolls need to grow up. In long run Ripple will be winner. The hardcore crypto community is against it because they are immature anarchist; institutional money will be favor something less geeky and uncontrollable. Meanwhile Ripple has been steady in the top 3 for years already. Get a life.
g___

Activity: 273
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 11:46:13 AM

Other coins are also getting on BTCXIndia but noone published that news, Ripple had no other news to publish.

what do other coins going on that exchange have anything to do with? ripple has partnered with them. that's kind of a big deal considering india has over 1.3 billion people and its people are adopting crypto faster than many other countries.
slickone4life

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 02:25:24 PM

Satoshi Citadel Industries Will Integrate XRP In Remittance And Mobile Money Services

Along with the financial sector xrp will be a force outside that arena as well. Trolls need to stop the xrp hate and realize what is happening in front of their eyes.
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 1207

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2017, 02:44:48 PM

This is why open sourcing all your code when you have unique technology is a bad idea. Someone will just take the code and implement their own solution. Better off treating your code as intellectual property.  All these open source coins are inherently worthless from the perspective of all their "unique features" because big corporations will just rip off their ideas.

It's bad when you are a business and not a standard cryptocurrency. Ripple is a business not a standard coin or token.

I totally agree and yet people invest here maybe because of the profit my biggest fear is to beat Bitcoin in the number one position,even if it not considered a 100% crypto currency,glad that they are going down.

xhienigat

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 03:22:48 PM

Well there had been a lot of speculation about Ripple crippling in the next few days, but so far it has kept its value around 12k-13k in Polo. Especially with bitcoins high price now, some altcoins are having a hard time pumping.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
             ▄███▌ █
            ▀▀▀██▄  █
          ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
         █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
        ▄██ ███▄    █
       ▐███▀   ▀█   █
       ████     █   █
      ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
      ▀▄▄███▌      █
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
              █  ▄▀
              ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
 ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
  ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄ ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
   ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
  ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
    ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
    ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████ ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
    █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
    ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                               ▄█████
                                                                           ▄███████▀
                                                                           ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
 LIGHTPAPER
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
AmarO (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 03:41:32 PM

Satoshi Citadel Industries Will Integrate XRP In Remittance And Mobile Money Services

Along with the financial sector xrp will be a force outside that arena as well. Trolls need to stop the xrp hate and realize what is happening in front of their eyes.

90% of his articles are about Ripple and XRP lol some nice crowd control right there. Satoshi is a block-chain company.
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2017, 03:47:09 PM

They got alienated at Consensus. Then JoelKatz basically said, "They didn't give us time to present so we couldn't convince any companies to hop onboard with us."
Umm, what?! I just said that trying to do all of the demos and announcements we had originally planned to do at Consensus would have been difficult, so we did them before Consensus specifically to drive interest from potential partners at Consensus. That worked very well in driving interest at Consensus but also resulted in us not doing any major announcements during Consensus.

joel katz mentioned how they re-strategized in a way last minute (paraphrasing). i don't recall the exact specifics, but it sounded like they didn't want to get lost in all the amazing news and updates from other companies. you have to remember that ripple has been at this for a lot longer than others. don't discount all the amazing progress they've made prior to consensus. there's also a payments summit happening in toronto right now, so there could very well be some new updates shortly.
That's what happened. Originally, we were going to do the three new demos and the various announcements at Consensus. But because that would have been too much to do in a small amount of time, risked getting lost in other announcements in the space, and would have left interested people with little time to find us at Consensus, the strategy was changed to announce every few days before Consensus. I think this strategy worked well -- we had multiple concurrent meetings with potential partners through the entire conference. It would have worked better had I not implied that we would be releasing interesting new things during Consensus, and that's on me.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 05:37:33 PM

Banks are not going to use a crypto coin.. quit being stupid.

FUD first & ask questions later™
AmarO (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 05:40:49 PM

Umm, what?! I just said that trying to do all of the demos and announcements we had originally planned to do at Consensus would have been difficult, so we did them before Consensus specifically to drive interest from potential partners at Consensus. That worked very well in driving interest at Consensus but also resulted in us not doing any major announcements during Consensus.

That's what happened. Originally, we were going to do the three new demos and the various announcements at Consensus. But because that would have been too much to do in a small amount of time, risked getting lost in other announcements in the space, and would have left interested people with little time to find us at Consensus, the strategy was changed to announce every few days before Consensus. I think this strategy worked well -- we had multiple concurrent meetings with potential partners through the entire conference. It would have worked better had I not implied that we would be releasing interesting new things during Consensus, and that's on me.

All you guys needed was 1 good article of news and the Whales would have shot it past 50c at Consensus. Let's see what happens, too much spread and volatility for banks to even consider using XRP. You guys have some market makers, I see them on GateHub/BitStamp selling for 1-2c margin maintaining the price. They're stabilizing XRP. The only issue would be is this is a growing space so when something stales people will hop out and hop into new projects for a chance at making more money. So it's an iffy situation, when XRP stabilizes people sell while the HODLers with bigger dreams hold to sell another day. At the end of the day everyone is looking to sell for profit. You see David the only reason 99.9% of XRP holders are holding it is because they see its' value increasing. If it were to ever settle and hit its peak that day a huge dump would occur that not even the market makers could control. Some people have $1 dreams some $10 some $100 some $1000 etc., I'm sure you see all the foolish posts and chuckle to yourself as do I. Then those people would move on to the next "BIG Thing". I know XRP has better tech but BitCoin is BitCoin. All these other coins would die if they hit peak value. The future of alts is they will become shares that pay dividends to the holders. They will get their tangible value from there. Start-Ups can make decentralized projects and get publicly funded while keeping some coins for themselves and some for investors. This is how I see the CryptoVerse evolving. The reason why BitCoin has no valuation is because it is the storage of wealth. Every other alt is a child of BTC connected to it. Ethereum is the Prince, the platform upon which developers will build so it will not have a valuation either. The companies built upon it should though. BTC/ETH are the brain childs' of decentralization there is much philosophy to their pricelessness. XRP is the coin of a centralized software company so it cannot be priceless.

You see BTC/ETH were brain childs' let loose to the world so they cannot have a set value, the people will control them. I know people who wouldn't sell a single one for a million dollars. BTC is the storage of wealth and Ethereum is the platform upon which many of these decentralized dividend paying start-ups will be created. In time I do believe they will break free from the miners and become completely decentralized as new breakthroughs happen. We shall see what happens. I am not sure of the short term or long term future of XRP.

iram3130
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010

ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 06:10:28 PM

Well there had been a lot of speculation about Ripple crippling in the next few days, but so far it has kept its value around 12k-13k in Polo. Especially with bitcoins high price now, some altcoins are having a hard time pumping.

Some coins are at their bottom right now because of the pump on the Bitcoin right now. The speculations are just predictions. Read an article where someone said that the pump on the Bitcoin is because the technological countries like Japan, Taiwan,etc. Will start accepting cryptocurrencies. People just talk their mind, we have to decide on our own.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
NavySeals

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 10:08:04 PM

Since when was Ripple outside the trouble? Ripple itself is a trouble. If you don't see this, you're probably drunk on its rise, but be careful. Its price movement is so speculative.
cryptoonion888

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

I dont mind the pain

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 10:33:49 PM

Good bye Swift and Ripple, hello R3 lol get out before the house burns down I've been saying this for awhile now. There is no more good news left for Ripple. They were a shame at Consensus and now their own group just ditched them. Greedy centralized trash.

do you follow any news? please see joel katz's response to everything consensus related - their approach was strategic.

you and many others act as if ripple has to be the only solution. do you know who else open sourced their software? tesla. do you consider them to be in "major trouble"?

would you say, "apple created a computer!" microsoft, hp, etc. are done for. no, you wouldn't, because competition is good for business.

did you know ripple holds a patent for a distributed network for payment processing? depending on how specific it is, other companies couldn't do what they're doing. if they do, ripple could license the intellectual property, which would only benefit / add to their bottom line. ripple is also light years ahead of everyone else...

please stop encouraging fear without knowing/stating proper facts.

You are so right, time is everything in cryptos, and XRP has a lot of time working out. Is not just fork a code and distribute coins. All the know how of XRP are 5-6 years of advantage. This mean an eternity in IoT.

LYKKE +++++ IOTA+++++BURST+++++IGNIS+++++ARDR+++++BCH
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2017, 11:46:45 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2017, 06:29:47 AM by JoelKatz

Banks are not going to use a crypto coin.. quit being stupid.
I think you're wrong, but even if you're right, it actually makes no difference. Banks will use the cheapest path that complies with their regulatory requirements. They don't have to know who supplies the currency to the destination (they don't know now) or how that's paid for (they don't know now). So a payment can be bridged by XRP, the sending and receiving banks can have no idea that's what happened, and they are entirely okay with that.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 12:31:56 AM

@JoelKatz
Can you possibly fathom how many times i have been over this ?

There is patterns in crypto..
Chant lies and play dumb and repeat.
Cry FUD then ignore any criticism then.. repeat.
Someone disagrees ?
Ignore them and.. repeat.

I could give TONS of reasons (like i have before) but why bother ?
#1 ..no one cares.
#2 ..it will be ignored and i will have to repeat what i say when the big banks are using Ripple / ETH news is posted again.

It's a merry go round that goes on and on for years.
Nothing ever changes.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: