Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:10:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple is in major trouble  (Read 25377 times)
Harry Callahan

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 10:03:54 PM

Ripple has had lots of drama and they always come out trying to spin it all.
Such as FiNCEN fining them.
How many other coins in history went through that again ?
When did that happen,why would FINCEN fine ripple and if that is true it will hurt them bad and could reflect it in the market,since i recently started trading with ripple after some major news i saw in their slack that some of the banking system will be using their technology and that news just started the rally in them and so in entered,so what is this all about,is it true that the banks will be using their system or just plain lies.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 10:10:11 PM

I got 35.000 XRP on time about 1 day after posting. Unlike you I was eligible though. You are free to look at their giveaway addresses (rJR7gjNe3DpJ7kpB4CHBxjDKfwVMpTKPpj is one of them) and see if you can find the addresses where XRP were sent to in the giveaway topic if you need further actual proof.

I never gave my email address to Ripple Inc. and stored my private key outside of their system too, as it was advised in their client. You were incompetent enough to actually post your private key(!) in there and were ignoring the terms under which you'd receive XRP (your account was too "young"), then complaining to this day about not receiving any.

Anyways, I agree that it probably was/is a publicity stunt and I still am not a big fan of XRP as a currency - however people around here far too often seem to confuse XRP, RCL, RippleConnect, ILP and Ripple Inc. as well as the actual idea of "Ripple" as a monetary system by Ryan Fugger with each other, unfortunately often only reducing it to the bare minimum (XRP) which is the easiest part to understand and critizise.

When did that happen,why would FINCEN fine ripple and if that is true it will hurt them bad and could reflect it in the market,since i recently started trading with ripple after some major news i saw in their slack that some of the banking system will be using their technology and that news just started the rally in them and so in entered,so what is this all about,is it true that the banks will be using their system or just plain lies.
May 2015:
https://www.fincen.gov/news/news-releases/fincen-fines-ripple-labs-inc-first-civil-enforcement-action-against-virtual

I doubt that it will reflect in any market, since their shares are not publicly traded and they since have pivoted away from customers towards getting banks to use their ILP connector software. You maybe started trading XRP, I don't think you started trading with Ripple. Banks are using Ripple Connect, it is speculation at best if they will currently or in the future also settle partially using XRP via ILP enabled market makers or directly.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
Shishir99

Activity: 644
Merit: 379

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 10:11:00 PM

http://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Companies/Japan-s-SBI-megabanks-take-stakes-in-blockchain-group-R3?n_cid=NARAN012

http://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2017/05/23/r3-funding-blockchain-intel-bank-of-america-hsbc.html

So Ripple signed Japan SBI which was a group of about 47 banks and created SBI Ripple Asia which caused pump from .20c to .40c but news just came out today that Japan SBI joined R3 and are creating their own coin. R3 has loads of banks on board and is like a Universal Bank Consortium, majority will be owned by the banks in it unlike Ripple. They will use it to implement blockchain solutions to save them money. I saw this coming a mile away. All these banks are investing in their own ILP Ripple type network so they don't have to depend on a third party. Why depend on a third party when you can have your own and save even more? Whales are trying to maintain XRP value as some hold a lot but they can only keep buying so long because noone else is buying.

Below are some competitors in the blockchain banking scene with more coming:

R3
Quorum
Ripple
Axoni
InfoSys

Good bye Swift and Ripple, hello R3 lol get out before the house burns down I've been saying this for awhile now. There is no more good news left for Ripple. They were a shame at Consensus and now their own group just ditched them. Greedy centralized trash.

I dont think it will be major threat for xrp.
ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 10:28:04 PM

the banks will be using their system or just plain lies.

Some Banks have said they will use Ripple. In exchange for the good deed they received a few million XRP for free. By contractual agreement they are not allowed to sell them for some time.
No Bank will ever buy or use any XRP other than sell the gifted one's.
Marketcap is wrong.  Coins are listed as "available" but not freely traded (yet).
The amount of truly free traded coins is small.

The FINCEN fine was years ago.

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 10:40:24 PM

the banks will be using their system or just plain lies.

Some Banks have said they will use Ripple. In exchange for the good deed they received a few million XRP for free. By contractual agreement they are not allowed to sell them for some time.
No Bank will ever buy or use any XRP other than sell the gifted one's.
Marketcap is wrong.  Coins are listed as "available" but not freely traded (yet).
The amount of truly free traded coins is small.

The FINCEN fine was years ago.

Good information but the gifted xrp to the banks can easily dump the price of ripple and as we know the price of ripple in the past 7 days is very unstable and the exchange rate in bitcoin has been dropped to more than 50% but it's getting increased now which I really hope good things will come very soon and we see also other coins rising and see the graphs all in green.
Brutalent

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 10:55:22 PM

Ripple is a ghost banks union. This assets buy from merchants for increase the market cap…Hey guys? Bitcoin,   Litecoin and Namecoin are the real democracy of cryptocurrency. Why this scam web projects are important for world? Stop this fake market: Ripple, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic and NEM are the illusion for stupid investors!
g___

Activity: 273
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 01:46:55 AM

Hey guys? Bitcoin,   Litecoin and Namecoin are the real democracy of cryptocurrency.

you consider 3 mining pools controlling 51+% of btc a democracy? 😂
ThumbsZup

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 03:32:11 AM

I think ripple have a bad time coping up since the price of BTC is becoming higher and higher. Let's just give ripple some time in going up again. Let's make ripple Great Again  Smiley Smiley Grin
kadscuk

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

Investor

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 03:45:56 AM

I think the main gripe people have with ripple is that ripple has kept a lot of the coins for itself and is using a BIASED system...its not operating under free market principles.

If all the XRP were freely available through an ICO at the start or something, then that would shift people's opinion on it

Ripple is using a BIASED system...it doesnt matter if the XRP concept actually works or not

Crypto investors know its a biased system that helps incumbents in the financial industry

And as we all know, the financial industry is corrupt and rotten to its core.

So, there is literally no wonder that so many people are vehemently against ripple

Crypto investors looking for a quick buck are investing in ripple not knowing they are sheep walking into the lions den and supporting the corrupt bankers who have:

- overinflated house prices globally with a huge ponzi scheme that is totally unsustainable

- lost trillions in dollars in the 2008 crash and crashed the global financial system already, having to be bailed out with government funds to the tune of hundreds of billions

- charging interest and making profit on money that isn't even theirs to begin with! Banks were designed to be trusts, not profit makers. By attempting to make profit from other peoples money, they ended up collapsing the whole system! The banks arent actually trading..they have created a ponzi scheme where they have to keep lending in order to generate more funds

- having closed door investment systems. Bankers invest in IPOs and give private equity to startups...they deny the average person access to real investment opportunities to make money. With crypto ICOs, anybody can invest in a startup and make a fortune

Yes people investing in xrp can make a quick buck (and ive made a lot of money from ripple too..I wont deny that)...

This nonsense though that by evolving banks through digital payments, we make finance better is like saying if I use a sharper knife to murder someone, it causes them less pain

The bankers are rotten...everybody knows that...corporations in their nature generally can be rotten..look at pharmaceutical companies for instance...hiding cures for diseases just to make a quick buck. Look at companies like walmart and tesco - selling 90% junk food, full knowing the crap they sell will cause a lifetime of heart disease, obesity, cancer and strokes

Banks are the most rotten of the rotten...the people who have sold themselves to the devil and are masquerading as saviours of the world. Most people are brainwashed to just follow what big brother and the larger system says.

The point of crypto is for the people to re-gain the power...so that bankers cant play their ponzi scheme any longer.

Anyway, this is saying nothing about the concept of XRP which may indeed be valid. But in terms of criminality, living life as the devil and being the most crooked most corrupt of organisations, nothing can pretty much beat the banks.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 03:46:53 AM

I got 35.000 XRP on time about 1 day after posting. Unlike you I was eligible though. You are free to look at their giveaway addresses (rJR7gjNe3DpJ7kpB4CHBxjDKfwVMpTKPpj is one of them) and see if you can find the addresses where XRP were sent to in the giveaway topic if you need further actual proof.

I never gave my email address to Ripple Inc. and stored my private key outside of their system too, as it was advised in their client. You were incompetent enough to actually post your private key(!) in there and were ignoring the terms under which you'd receive XRP (your account was too "young"), then complaining to this day about not receiving any.

Anyways, I agree that it probably was/is a publicity stunt and I still am not a big fan of XRP as a currency - however people around here far too often seem to confuse XRP, RCL, RippleConnect, ILP and Ripple Inc. as well as the actual idea of "Ripple" as a monetary system by Ryan Fugger with each other, unfortunately often only reducing it to the bare minimum (XRP) which is the easiest part to understand and critizise.

May 2015:
https://www.fincen.gov/news/news-releases/fincen-fines-ripple-labs-inc-first-civil-enforcement-action-against-virtual

I doubt that it will reflect in any market, since their shares are not publicly traded and they since have pivoted away from customers towards getting banks to use their ILP connector software. You maybe started trading XRP, I don't think you started trading with Ripple. Banks are using Ripple Connect, it is speculation at best if they will currently or in the future also settle partially using XRP via ILP enabled market makers or directly.

I think you are full of shit.
Show us the post maybe..
Back then the only option was to sign up on the web site and login that is how i KNOW you are lying.
There was no other option back in mid-2013.

And google search FiNCEN + Ripple ..you will find lots of info on it.
The shills though and Joel etc simply spinned it all so they weren't in trouble with the public..
FiNCEN shit on them and they dropped to their knees sucking cock hard.
They had to make radical changes which has what now to do with how it works today ?
What was their ORIGINAL PLAN ?

Spin that crooked frauds.  Cheesy

Funny how Ripple assholes claim this is the idea yet they had to change the "idea" after FiNCEN went after them.
Another contradiction that shows their are waffling bullshiting con artists.

Hey wanna "invest" with crooked douche bags in crypto then have at 'er guys.
Any scammy ass bullshit becomes legit if you hang around long enough and cry "FUD" or "Troll"

Reality.. Ripple the premined centralized bank bullshit is a fraud.
Their track record is dog shit and their shills are paid losers.
There was a topic i seen in 2013 that had a guy asking..
Who are all the people listed in the corporate about page and why did they all get so many free Ripple coins ?

Want to talk Ripple history ?
Don't motivate me to get on the Wayback-Machine cocky smug little fucking Ripple pricks.

PS:
When they stopped the giveaway they should have said something and locked the topic.
Not a year after the fact luring in more people to get involved for a few cents worth of coins.
That *IS* deceptive.
Which is a decetful stunt.
And who ran the giveaway ? Look yourself at the account name..
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=145506.0
Posted by "Ripple Labs"

And there were other giveaway topics (see via Google) posted too but that one was 417 pages.

FUD first & ask questions later™
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2017, 04:22:36 AM

So.. why did it necessitate premining the coins ?
The concept of "premining" is not applicable to coins that aren't mined. And, in any event, it's quite clear now that PoW isn't the magic equalizer and decentralizer that we all hoped it would be back in 2008-2012. There is no sense in which it is morally superior to give coins needlessly to those who waste the most electricity over those who built the system.

How is it that Ripple inc is going to beat any and all other solutions possible for banks ?
What is the big advantage to Ripple and the premined coins ?
We've explained our strategy. Why would you ask us to explain it again exactly?

The big advantage to a coin where the creators keep the vast majority of it is that they can use the value of the token to incentivize the provision of liquidity. Nobody has that kind of ability with things like bitcoins because nobody holds enough of the value.

Joel how many XRP coins did the company give you ?
A long time ago, when XRP was essentially worthless, the company gave me one million XRP. Also, I participated in the first XRP giveaway on bitcointalk (at that time, there was no rule prohibiting employees from participating) and got 50,000 XRP. All other XRP that I hold, I purchased on the open market.

How much are they paying you ?
It says in your SIG you are an employee. (not a volunteer)
So i can't imagine you would come here to admit there is problems with XRP and still expect to keep getting Ripple inc pay checks.
They are paying me a market rate, comparable to the offers I've gotten at other places. I don't think I need to disclose my salary to you.

I am happy to admit real problems with XRP. I have no need to lie or be deceptive. I'm happy to engage arguments head on and honestly disclose our weak points. If Ripple doesn't want to pay me to be honest, I'll find a job elsewhere. My integrity isn't for sale.

Oh and i wonder if you get more than Ripple spent on paid votes at Cryptsy to get added.
I watched as XRP sat on the TOP of the voting list all a long since it was created.
And i recall early on Cryptsy-staff didn't like Ripple (no one did) because of it's scammy premine and hand out's to friends with fancy corporate titles etc.

So.. it sat on the voting list for a year or something while Ripple inc poured sickening amounts of BTC on the Exchange to get XRP added.
They had more votes then all the other dev's buying votes in the entire 100+ coin list combined.
I don't know what you're talking about, honestly. I have no knowledge of Ripple using XRP to induce Cryptsy to support XRP and doubt that they would have because that's just wasn't a priority for us back then. But if so, I'm not sure what you think would be wrong with it.

..yet they had a 418 page coin topic giveaway where no one was getting their coins.
The record is public. The last time someone (maybe it was you, I don't remember) said this, it was thoroughly debunked. I've gotten several emails and private messages from people who participated in that first giveaway describing things they were able to do for their families with the money.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 05:16:37 AM

@Joel

You mean my specific case in the giveaway was debunked.
That does not constitute "thoroughly" in my books buddy  Cheesy

You have some shill-tards show up to chant "lies"
then claim i myself posted the wrong address but that does not clear all the others that complained.
Nor does it refute the last post i made and keep harping on that you repeatedly keep ignoring.

AKA: Playing games as usual.

You focus on one weak little thread you *think* you have then ignore the rest and tug and spin.
It will not get you anywhere.

So..

How much was it you got paid again ?
Oh and i am trying to let the other guy tear your ass up.. it's more fun for me LOL
I'll step aside for him  Grin

nicolas1979

Activity: 826
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 05:35:03 AM

That's your opinion, not mine. Trouble is because trader not disciplines, too high take profit and never use stop loss. Every altcoin have different supply, demand ad speculation, of course, they have their own rules. We just follow them, simple meaning is they create market and we follow market. Depend your analyze if ripple is in major trouble you should stop buying their coin and replace your money into another altcoin, that's simple bro. Every altcoin has risk and profit, be careful with your money. Have a nice day.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 07:44:46 AM

By the way..

If you looked at the link i posted for the giveaway you would see in the very first post..

We are currently giving 1,000 XRP to anyone who claims. This amount will decrease over the course of the giveaway.

SO..

How did that guy claim he got 35,000 coins ?

Maybe he was an employee or bounty collector back then or something.
His comment does not hold up to scrutiny.

I'm telling ya guys.. these are slimey ass fraud's.
Want to get in bed with "Big Banks" and their centralized corporate coin ?
Go for it.. i won't.

I know this was not about a giveaway though so i don't want to keep harping on it.
I value morality over profits.
So when i see a coin "team" pay themselves then act shady all over crypto for years.. then yeah..
I think "they are in trouble".

Even if they are on their best behavior for now on i think their sketchy past and poorly thought out future plans will eventually unravel.

I don't see any point to this shit coin.. so yeah i see a problem with it.
They know though if they are persistent they will get your money.
All you have to do is launch some crypto scheme then keep pushing it..
Eventually a newer generation of crypto users will show up and lap it up.
Assuming that if it's been around a long time it must be legit.

Hell look at Ethereum.. the no. 2 coin in crypto is a proven scam.
If that doesn't showcase how corrupt and scammy all this shit is then i don't know what will.

When the crowd values ETH at $228 it tells me loud & clear morality is long dead & gone.
The greed machine is running in full force and is unstoppable unless the cops come.
Or.. FiNCEN.  Cheesy

LocoMB

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 06:40:27 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2017, 09:59:46 AM by LocoMB

By the way..

If you looked at the link i posted for the giveaway you would see in the very first post..

We are currently giving 1,000 XRP to anyone who claims. This amount will decrease over the course of the giveaway.

SO..

How did that guy claim he got 35,000 coins ?

Maybe he was an employee or bounty collector back then or something.
His comment does not hold up to scrutiny.

I'm telling ya guys.. these are slimey ass fraud's.
Want to get in bed with "Big Banks" and their centralized corporate coin ?
Go for it.. i won't.

I know this was not about a giveaway though so i don't want to keep harping on it.
I value morality over profits.
So when i see a coin "team" pay themselves then act shady all over crypto for years.. then yeah..
I think "they are in trouble".

Even if they are on their best behavior for now on i think their sketchy past and poorly thought out future plans will eventually unravel.

I don't see any point to this shit coin.. so yeah i see a problem with it.
They know though if they are persistent they will get your money.
All you have to do is launch some crypto scheme then keep pushing it..
Eventually a newer generation of crypto users will show up and lap it up.
Assuming that if it's been around a long time it must be legit.

Hell look at Ethereum.. the no. 2 coin in crypto is a proven scam.
If that doesn't showcase how corrupt and scammy all this shit is then i don't know what will.

When the crowd values ETH at $228 it tells me loud & clear morality is long dead & gone.
The greed machine is running in full force and is unstoppable unless the cops come.
Or.. FiNCEN.  Cheesy

butbutbut ... they have such a handsome Obersturmbannführer aristocratic Baron helping them now!?!?!

https://ripple.com/insights/karl-theodor-zu-guttenberg-joins-ripple-labs-advisory-board/

https://ripple.com/company/advisors/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl-Theodor_zu_Guttenberg

Tash

Activity: 1190
Merit: 305

Pro financial, medical liberty

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 07:54:43 AM

Karl-Theodor_zu_Guttenberg a German aristocrat who is a proven fraud.

His full name is, Karl-Theodor Maria Nikolaus Johann Jakob Philipp Franz Joseph Sylvester Freiherr von und zu Guttenberg.

The "von und zu" reveals his lineage, while Freiherr means "baron".

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 08:08:11 AM

His full name is, Karl-Theodor Maria Nikolaus Johann Jakob Philipp Franz Joseph Sylvester Freiherr von und zu Guttenberg.

Uhmm craziest name in history ?  Shocked

So ? NAZI community coin take over ?
Oh shit son !
I'm hiding under my bed until this blows over  Undecided

Seriously though..
What i envision is the cops comin'
The bigger this gets the more attention it will get from 3 letter agencies.
Yes i mean over and above the existing tax guidelines that have been instituted already for years.

There is simply far too much money being thrown around with no accountability.
I heard of an exchange today that lost 14+ million dollars and they acted like they didn't even care.
They said it ate into their profits.
Uhmmm ?

This shit is getting silly stupid big time.

..and i can't wait to see the fucking blood bath.
I will eat popcorn until i puke !  Cheesy

chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 08:27:22 AM

This is why open sourcing all your code when you have unique technology is a bad idea. Someone will just take the code and implement their own solution. Better off treating your code as intellectual property.  All these open source coins are inherently worthless from the perspective of all their "unique features" because big corporations will just rip off their ideas.

Yeah deciding on open sourcing your code on your coins is really a risk because any good developer or company may easily counter or delete and defeat you in the market using your own formula so everything must kept secret at all
Tash

Activity: 1190
Merit: 305

Pro financial, medical liberty

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 08:47:17 AM

Uhmm craziest name in history ?  Shocked

So ? NAZI community coin take over ?
Oh shit son !
I'm hiding under my bed until this blows over  Undecided

Seriously though..
What i envision is the cops comin'
The bigger this gets the more attention it will get from 3 letter agencies.
Yes i mean over and above the existing tax guidelines that have been instituted already for years.

There is simply far too much money being thrown around with no accountability.
I heard of an exchange today that lost 14+ million dollars and they acted like they didn't even care.
They said it ate into their profits.
Uhmmm ?

This shit is getting silly stupid big time.

..and i can't wait to see the fucking blood bath.
I will eat popcorn until i puke !  Cheesy

The University of Bayreuth, which awarded him a Ph.D. in 2006, ruled he had "extensively violated academic standards and intentionally cheated."
Since the plagiarism scandal he lives in exile in the wealthy New York suburb of Greenwich.
He can point to a family of Nazi resisters.
He wants to police the internet and put criminal penalties on internet and other technological companies that will not do as the government wants
He called Donald Trump "that blonde lunatic named Donald".
He has the right to select the priest for his parish, fact.
He is a seriosly inbread thing.

Long live Bitcoin and freedom

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 08:57:34 AM

This is why open sourcing all your code when you have unique technology is a bad idea. Someone will just take the code and implement their own solution. Better off treating your code as intellectual property.  All these open source coins are inherently worthless from the perspective of all their "unique features" because big corporations will just rip off their ideas.

Yeah deciding on open sourcing your code on your coins is really a risk because any good developer or company may easily counter or delete and defeat you in the market using your own formula so everything must kept secret at all

Ripple was not launched fully open source guys.
They added open source code later over criticisms over crypto idealogy.
Which is now long gone.

And if you think about it.. since Ripple is a centralized company it makes no sense to open source their code.
They did though for one reason !
To appeal to the crowd here so they would buy the Ripple coins.

Don't forget they were shit & pissed on at launch and for years afterwards.
It's only now that they gained traction in the scene.. because the idiots here now are all scammy greedy inept dipshit losers.
A bunch of open mouthed drooling nitwit Investards.
And THEY FUCKING LOVE IT !

Ripple is happy as a pig in shit.. because of the market price of their coin and the free coins all the fancy CEO / CTFO and advisers got on ICO Premined shitcoin launch.

I'd actually rank this bullshit as much worse than LEO COIN.
At least LEO was a mined and far less premined coin etc.
Ripple is scam central and i would never own any of their shitcoins.. no matter how many exchanger ROI'z i get.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: