Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:43:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how many country recently accept btc?  (Read 7718 times)
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1256

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 10:35:50 PM

No country is accepting bitcoin as an official currency as far as I know, You can just exchange it through tons of methods local and international to the local currency of the currency, naturally countries usually don't accept anything but their official currencies, exchanges can do any...

Japan already recognized bitcoin as payment system. Many are still in discussion, we might see more in future.
http://www.coindesk.com/japan-bitcoin-law-effect-tomorrow/

A lot of newbies here that probably are stuck in the communist era where the state and the country and the great leader is one and the same.
There is no country accepting bitcoins.

There are a lot of them who have recognized bitcoin as a form of money.
And even within those countries there are slight differences on how bitcoin payments are viewed and regulated.

But there is no country yet that has enforced bitcoin as an alternative to their currency.
So if your next door store doesn't want to accept bitcoin there is nothing you can do about it.

Once we get over this... then the real fun will begin

Agree, but we are edging V E R Y slowly closer to more and more adoption
and the question is will any country ever recognise Bitcoin as legal tender
to compete with its own fiat currency.

I think the OP is using the wrong terminology, "Accept" or "Recognise"  Huh

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 10:49:54 PM

In my country, Mexico, the bitcoin is not officially recognized by the central bank (Banxico), that has recommended to the population not to invest in it because supposedly, since it is not backed by any formal financial institution, there would be no way to protect users from potential frauds. But outside of these recommendations, Banxico has never taken active actions or measures to dissuade the people of its use.
Salazarian

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 10:51:30 PM

I think many country now accept bitcoin and many country for sure accept and adapt bitcoin. I see the thread the county of austrailia accept bitcoin. And thats good news if all country in the world accpet and use bitcoin and Im pretty sure the price will increase so much higher.  I dont know why other cointry did not use and accept bitcoin because they have slow internet connection? Any possible reason ? Like africa the internet connection so slow limited person only in that country see bitcoin.
to me i think the only country who have given the statement to legalize bitcoin is Japan, and now Russia is also thinking about bitcoin to legalize it, while the rest of the countries still do not take any step in the favour of bitcoin, but still they do not even given statement about bitcoin as illegal. i am hopeful that very soon they will also accept bitcoin as legal currency.

ahmedjamal1998

Activity: 714
Merit: 537

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2017, 08:40:38 AM

Well, Japan is almost the only one that gave out an official  statement saying that it accepts btc.

But there is a lot of countries where people are using bitcoins/mining/trading with no problems as the governments did not say anything about it whether it's legal or illegal.

halych

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

🌟 eSports ICO: 01/11/2017 🌟

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 09:05:40 AM

I think many country now accept bitcoin and many country for sure accept and adapt bitcoin. I see the thread the county of austrailia accept bitcoin. And thats good news if all country in the world accpet and use bitcoin and Im pretty sure the price will increase so much higher.  I dont know why other cointry did not use and accept bitcoin because they have slow internet connection? Any possible reason ? Like africa the internet connection so slow limited person only in that country see bitcoin.
to me i think the only country who have given the statement to legalize bitcoin is Japan, and now Russia is also thinking about bitcoin to legalize it, while the rest of the countries still do not take any step in the favour of bitcoin, but still they do not even given statement about bitcoin as illegal. i am hopeful that very soon they will also accept bitcoin as legal currency.

In Russia, the situation with the cryptocurrency remains unresolved. So far there are no legislative acts that would determine the status of the cryptocurrency.
In addition to Japan, bitcoin will be legilized in Australia soon

Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 09:09:21 AM

how many country of the world now accept btc?  Huh Huh

Except North Korea and just yesterday I was made aware Ecuador don't allow Bitcoins. Otherwise nearly all countries adopt it. Japan has taken a huge step by making it one of the legal payment processors, plus their airlines are to follow suit. Then just right now I have read Russia is to follow suit, however I am bit skeptical about this. You can use Bitcoins in swizz to. Meanwhile the Indian government has asked for a opinion on it, now outcome could be anything and it's to early to say where it could go.
Faiyz

Activity: 392

Dijual

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 09:15:25 AM

Except North Korea and just yesterday I was made aware Ecuador don't allow Bitcoins. Otherwise nearly all countries adopt it. Japan has taken a huge step by making it one of the legal payment processors, plus their airlines are to follow suit. Then just right now I have read Russia is to follow suit, however I am bit skeptical about this. You can use Bitcoins in swizz to. Meanwhile the Indian government has asked for a opinion on it, now outcome could be anything and it's to early to say where it could go.

Well when we talk about btc. Ya almost all country can adopt it but others may accept it discreetly. Citizens might be into it but the government really cant impose acceptance if it can be valid as transaction for goods or not. But if we talk about cryptocurrency, some countries are now starting to project its own cryptocurrency. Of course they would create there own cryptocurrency so that there economy can still be intact and they have there own to grow.
cafucafucafu

Activity: 812
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 09:19:26 AM

Recently? Well from what I have heard i think it's only Japan, and Australia. Russia is planning on legalizing bitcoin but it's apparently planning on tracking every single transaction on the blockchain as well to tie activities on the blockchain to users. I don't think that's good news per se, nor is it bad news. It's just like meh for me.

A lot of countries still allow btc trading to take place without acknowledging formally what their stance on btc is. I don't mind that either. Not banning it is good enough for me, p2p networks survive without any government.

Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 09:22:52 AM

As much as I know officially, Japan accepted it a month or two months ago and Australia  will officially accept bitcoin on 1st of July this year and I think some Swiss company is allowing their customers to pay in bitcoin, so I'll count them in too.
I just hope to see more and more countries accept bitcoin every year.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
clarkgeneral86

Activity: 1043
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 09:23:33 AM

Well, Japan is almost the only one that gave out an official  statement saying that it accepts btc.

But there is a lot of countries where people are using bitcoins/mining/trading with no problems as the governments did not say anything about it whether it's legal or illegal.

Some countries did not say anything, would just go ahead and ban bitcoin completely. In the end their efforts are certain to fail, and if they weren't and the state could actually stop Bitcoin's growth then it would be worthless anyway.
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1256

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 09:32:10 AM

Recently? Well from what I have heard i think it's only Japan, and Australia. Russia is planning on legalizing bitcoin but it's apparently planning on tracking every single transaction on the blockchain as well to tie activities on the blockchain to users. I don't think that's good news per se, nor is it bad news. It's just like meh for me.

A lot of countries still allow btc trading to take place without acknowledging formally what their stance on btc is. I don't mind that either. Not banning it is good enough for me, p2p networks survive without any government.

As regards Australia, They are "recognising" the potential
of the tech industry surrounding blockchains and so they are
relaxing the double taxation currently involved with it now.

They want to attract more tech jobs to their country and see
the blockchain industry as being very important.

Here is a link to my thread about it > https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1911873.0

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 09:33:49 AM

So far I know,  a few countries have approved bitcoin as a currency,  Japan, south Korea, Australia, Russia and some African countries are planning to accept bitcoin,  but still no country yet allow bitcoin as a national currency. Only Japan is the upfront country which has taken an initiative to accept bitcoin.
yogaantoni

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 04:12:37 PM

Some countries consider bitcoin legal.
Officially as the currency in the official place is not, but technically you can use it in any way because you can exchange it with real currency,
Gunawan82

Activity: 336
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 06:43:37 PM

Need to be exact information of a country that has legalized bitcoin, but I have just heard japan and russia that has been legalized bitcoin.
carlerha

Activity: 588

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 09:19:44 PM

As much as I know officially, Japan accepted it a month or two months ago and Australia  will officially accept bitcoin on 1st of July this year and I think some Swiss company is allowing their customers to pay in bitcoin, so I'll count them in too.
I just hope to see more and more countries accept bitcoin every year.
to me  I also personally know about Japan, that they have accepted bitcoin as legal currency, but not other country has officially accepted bitcoin as legal currency. to me although they have not yet properly announce about the legalization of bitcoin but still their people are already using bitcoin and they not yet officially given any statement against bitcoin. I am hopeful that they may be thinking about bitcoin to turn it as legal currency very soon.
agatha818

Activity: 284

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 10:04:25 PM

Nearly all countries have considered Bitcoin "legal" since they started considering it at all.  

We don't need countries to "accept" Bitcoin as long as people can freely spend it.

In a free market, no country accepts it, all they do is regulate it or decide that it's a currency, and neither of those things means a lot.  Each individual merchant can accept it and that's only loosely related to the country.

They can take their acceptance and shove it up their arse.

correct! couldn't agree more, in my country, they've been talking about legalizing bitcoin.  It Doesnt matter though, I can still use my bitcoin and profit from it.
staceyoh

Activity: 381

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 10:06:06 PM

I do not exactly know on how many
countries accepted bitcoin but I think
there is a lot of countries who legalize bitcoin.
Dimelord

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 11:00:40 PM

United states has allowed usage of bitcoins.
Canada maintains a bitcoin friendly stance.
Australia allows people to trade,mine and buy bitcoins.
Finland has given bitcoin a sales tax exempt status.
Bulgaria has started regulating bitcoin.
In germany,bitcoin is allowed but taxed extra ordinarily.
Japan as we all know accepts bitcoin as payment legally.

adi33

Activity: 630

RealistaToken.com

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 11:16:26 PM

Accepted bitcoin? I think all countries accept bitcoin but the problem is legal or not in that country. In japan and in russia have legalized bitcoin. But in Russia in 2018

███████████████████▀▀██████████████████
████████████████▀▀    ▀▀███████████████
████████████▀▀            ▀▀███████████
████████▀▀                    ▀▀███████
████▀▀           ▄▄██▄            ▀▀███
██           ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄█▄▄           █
████     ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄████▀▀          ▄██
█████  ████▀  ▄▄████▀▀          ▄▄█████
█████  ███  ▄███▀▀          ▄▄█████████
█████  ███  ███         ▄▄████▀▀  █████
█████  ███  ███     ▄▄███████     █████
█████  ███  ███    ██████████     █████
█████  ███  ███ █▄▄  ▀▀██████     █████
█████  ███  ███ ▀▀███▄▄  ▀▀██     █████
█████  ███  ████▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄       █████
█████  ▀██  ████████▄▄  ▀▀███     █████
█████▄▄  ▀  ████████████▄▄  ▀     █████
█████████▄▄ ████████████████▄▄    █████
███████████████████████████████████████
REALISTA
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 11:27:25 PM

There aren't many countries that "accept" Bitcoin but there are a few that have been moving to legalize it recently. Japan is making/has made bitcoin into something that is used within their country, Russia has been toying with the idea, and the US had some kind of comment on using Bitcoin as a means of paying for visas. Those are just the ones off of the top of my head right now.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: