Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:49:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: To all the bears with reason, a big pat on the back.  (Read 3501 times)
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:03:17 PM

dont break your arm patting yoursrlves on the back.    we know you have nothing better to do than sit around all day and issue "see i told yous" just because some moron unloads some coins.  when the price goes back up you sit here and complain how its too high or how its a ponzi scheme.  my ignore list is getting full of you negative nancies. only strong hands prevail. not weak sells.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Wuji (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:03:33 PM

Everytime someone mentioned it was being released I called bullshit and said he hasn't dealth with regulation, currency exchange etc. etc.  I emailed him personally and he refused to answer any questions.  He did no investigation.  I just don't buy that he was so stupid he never stopped to think it might not be so simple to implement this device.  Many articles are on the net raising concerns, he failed to answer.  Many of us asked questions, he failed to answer.  He was going to show the working model today and now says he got scammed.  A few months ago he posted a picture with himself beside the working machine.

He played everyone like a fiddle, propping up price and making profit.  he is a classic manipulator through and through.
Wuji (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:05:12 PM

I don't like to ignore people because sometimes they can get wise.  Bitcon is the first on my ignore list.  His post are always name calling hate filled waste of time.  If I'm on his ignore hopefully he'll stay out of my threads so we can have logical discussion and not playground banter.
ironstove

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

Possibilities are limitless

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:05:58 PM

successfully increased my holdings by 50% in coinage if this last buy order executes... waiting for the price to drop again

Cheesy
chufchuf

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:06:07 PM

Are some of you 12 years old? Liberty Reserve, let alone any others, hasn't got an ATM, why should Bitcoin? Only Paypal has, but only if you're an American, you give them your Social Security number and pay extra super fees.
SuperHakka

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:07:46 PM

did you guys know that the vast majority of wealth that was lost in the 1929 might crash was not at the crash itself but in the 3 years following the peak when people were buying the dips, you know that yes?

'First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they attack you. Then you win.' - Mohandas Gandhi
"Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, 'Would an idiot do this?' and if he would, I do not do that thing." - Dwight Schrute
Wuji (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:11:11 PM

So why did you want to make this post 2 months ago?
Shouldn't you have wanted to post 'bitcoin is going to the moon' so you could then sell at the top of the bubble?
You were a bear at $40? Seriously?

No I was a long term investor at $40.  I became a bear after March 17th when Cyprus, Spain, Greece, Argentina etc. starting dumping money in and the price started to skyrocket.  After about $150 is when I really started itching to sell.  I dumped 20% at $103 just in case it was a short term bubble.  I sold the Tue night before the Wed crash based on the highest ever volatility and price moving sideways.  That three day run up Mon-Wed was just too much for me.  I was convinced it was over.

I wanted to make it two months ago because like other bears I asked for fundamentals and rather than get any I got attacked and speculation.  I saw bears getting attacked for months and did say that they were doing the right thing speaking their beliefs.

Well yes it was pretty obvious - but presumably you can see that someone is only a bear after they sell.
Anyone who invests at any point in anything is a bull until they sell.

There are long term bears and long term bulls.  Short term bears and short terms bulls  I do not see it in black in white as most here seem to.  People like to try and pin down things, it is human nature.  The more the price goes up the bearish I become.  The less real fundamentals I see the more bearish I am.  I can be somewhat bullish at $50 with no fundamentals when I see irrational exuberance pushing up price.  Even though I know it is over valued I realize the heard does not yet and therefore there is more money on the table for me so I stay bullish till I see massive volatility.

Makes sense - glad you succeeded. You think there is a price when you turn bullish?

I said when the bubble burst I think the price will stabilize at $30-$50.  The trend on 6 months shows a value of $30.  My guess is with new interest a low of $50 and a possible push back up.  I'll continue to buy back in as low as it goes.  I have bought at $120, $110, $100, $95.  I'll buy more if we hit $80, $70, $60, $50 and probably a massive buyin at below $40.  Then I'll hold as long as I can before I feel irrational exuberance has clouded judgement again.
Wuji (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:13:03 PM

did you guys know that the vast majority of wealth that was lost in the 1929 might crash was not at the crash itself but in the 3 years following the peak when people were buying the dips, you know that yes?

yeah but I'm up over 1600% and prepared to hold another 3-5 years no problem.  I've been investing since 1994.  Did you know most conservative investors consider 10%-12% return in a year very very good.

Also as an adopter and supporter of Bitcoin I use it to buy as much as I am able to.
SlipperySlope

Activity: 686
Merit: 501

Stephen Reed

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:13:17 PM

That three day run up Mon-Wed was just too much for me.  I was convinced it was over.
Exactly the same for me.
marhjan

Activity: 215
Merit: 105

Poorer than I ought to be

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:17:37 PM

I know many here tried to calm the irrational exuberance and bring logic and reason to look for fundamentals.  You are true heros to take such abuse to stand up for what you believe.  

I've been one of the more consistently bearish posters here for quite some time - but please I'm NOT a hero - nor am I even RIGHT yet.  I have been very bearish since about $25 or so and predicted (non-trolling) a return to single digits in 2013.  I am much less sure of that prediction today (the support at $50 was quite impressive) but still believe we have quite a way down to go.

I think we need to work on all the hero and 'strong hands' talk and understand that we're all just trying to do the best we can for ourselves.  There are no heros or villians here - just people mucking their way about in a truly free market (for now.) 

Donations happily accepted @ 15qxNsc7pBiz5kXpAJykw4etzMbZitm2mk
bitcon
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:22:17 PM

youre hilarious wuji. to say that this guy played people like a fiddle. most didnt even know about this atm yet decided to throw money into btc because of it.  you conspiracy theorists are nuts. .
SuperHakka

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:22:40 PM

yeah but I'm up over 1600% and prepared to hold another 3-5 years no problem.  I've been investing since 1994.  Did you know most conservative investors consider 10%-12% return in a year very very good.

Also as an adopter and supporter of Bitcoin I use it to buy as much as I am able to.
hey coincidence, I started investing in 1994 too, you old bugger you. anyways just like to point out that first congrats on getting 1600%, second a 90% correction will still hurt like a m*fcker. thirdly some markets after they crash NEVER recover, they fall out of the indices.

'First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they attack you. Then you win.' - Mohandas Gandhi
"Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, 'Would an idiot do this?' and if he would, I do not do that thing." - Dwight Schrute
BrightAnarchist
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 853
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:23:05 PM

Thanks, but this bear is far from over. Bitcoin will decline for at least a year longer, probably more.
Wuji (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:26:33 PM

hey coincidence, I started investing in 1994 too, you old bugger you. anyways just like to point out that first congrats on getting 1600%, second a 90% correction will still hurt like a m*fcker. thirdly some markets after they crash NEVER recover, they fall out of the indices.

Well my theory is that virtual currency is here to stay and the value is at $30.  I'm buying in very small chunks for now until we get close to $30.  I just like to own coin, it feels good, even if it isn't a huge amount.  Since Bitcoin is a virtual currency and not 100% speculation (no need to worry about it not having a P/E).  It will continue to get used and adoption will slowly rise.  I'm just not as exuberant as some of these folks.  Point is as a guy who runs data centers around the world (been programming since 1983 if you want to talk old Smiley), understands crypto based currency, I feel I can keep up with the news and play it safe.  If another currency like Litecoin starts to get more adoption for example I will diversify.
Wuji (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:29:33 PM

One last thing, I did not start this thread to brag, pat myself on the back, or say I told you so.  I did it because I watched the bears getting attacked by bulls and it was very uncivil.  I think they deserve credit to standing up to the harsh treatment and remaining around.  Those making the former accusations are just butthurt they didn't make money I guess.

I hope the next bubble if it happens people will appreciate more logical discussion and not accuse everyone of FUD and trying to buy cheap coin.  This is just very silly and not plausible.  This forum does not control price.
awakening

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:36:47 PM

Bitcoin is the leader of a new technology, cryptocurrencies. And I don't see cryptocurrencies falling out of the indices, and certainly, there are not real alternatives to Bitcoin, only copycats with little modifications.
If there were real alternatives right now, well.. It would be perfectly possible. But no, I don't feel like Bitcoin is not gonna to recover from this correction, even if It enters in low double digits. It's gonna grow, and grow big.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:56:26 PM

VC's are POURING money into Bitcoin businesses right now.  Sorry, I just don't see anything but an upside in the medium to long term.  The bears might win the week or even this month, but a few months from now, the price is going to continue exploding upwards.  JMO.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:59:41 PM

VC's are POURING money into Bitcoin businesses right now.  Sorry, I just don't see anything but an upside in the medium to long term.  The bears might win the week or even this month, but a few months from now, the price is going to continue exploding upwards.  JMO.
Absolutely agreed. While I am currently a short to mid-term bear, I am VERY bullish long-term. I think that is the case for most of the bears here...

Wuji (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:59:58 PM

VC's are POURING money into Bitcoin businesses right now.  Sorry, I just don't see anything but an upside in the medium to long term.  The bears might win the week or even this month, but a few months from now, the price is going to continue exploding upwards.  JMO.

Can your provide some articles on the VC's and the specific "Bitcoin businesses"?  I have not seen these fundamentals.  This could be great news, please share.  I have a lot of contacts with big VC's and Angel investors, they will willingly listen to any such proposals.
bitcon
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 05:04:21 PM

here's your pat on the back!

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: