Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 02:11:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Turn $10,000 into 1 Million  (Read 68141 times)
saponetes

Activity: 420
Merit: 18

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:39:14 PM

Hello HR?

Why invest so much in an ICO - ADA?
Are you beeing sponsored in this thread?

hope you project reaches objective.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HR (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 12:24:57 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2017, 12:50:55 PM by HR

I converted my SBD into STEEM at an average price of .00018609 (current weightings take SBD to zero and increases STEEM by that same percentage amount).

Then I powered up the majority of that.

To answer a couple of questions:

No I am not sponsored.

ADA is an exceptional project, and no longer an ICO.

I have no BTC. The portfolio's value is derived from the USD value of each holding.

The LTC liquidation happened a few weeks ago and you can find that in this same thread.

I do not plan to buy BTC and then buy everything back.

There was no sale of STEEM to buy ADA. The percentage increase in ADA portfolio weighting was due to its increase in value while the decrease in the other big 4 was due to the decrease in their value.

rogoziol

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 12:34:12 PM

Wow amazing job HR, thanks for sharing your portfolio, good luck to you buddy.
ovinogreat

Activity: 11

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 12:41:06 PM

How did i miss this thread?

Good job man. I hope for a better ending on this your project.

Goodluck!
HR (OP)
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 01:14:05 PM

Another milestone for the portfolio:

Everything is completely off all exchanges; there is nothing on any exchange! Everything is in its own wallet and has zero exchange risk.

The portfolio is now set for the long term and any changes should be very few and far between and correspond to the portfolio's long term objectives . . . and maybe there will be a little trading on the BitShares decentralized exchange and the Steemit internal market too.  Grin

I'm also really looking forward to getting more involved in the specific projects I have chosen to invest in, firstly within their respective communities, and secondly as an active participant. I'm sure it must be obvious by now that I think my big four have a very impressive future ahead of them, and I definitely want to be more closely in touch with each as they move forward.

The fact that I cannot say the same about any other of the top level crypto contenders is one of the main reasons why I chose not to invest in anything like ETH or ETC, or ZEC, or even BTC and LTC (not to mention their relatively limited upside potential). If there's no way for the average person to get involved other than buying and holding, then that must mean they are fairly stagnate and anything but dynamic, and that leaves us wondering about what kind of future is really in store for them.

I will continue updating and posting, but, as you might imagine, given the longer term nature of the beast, there isn't going to be that much to talk about regarding this particular portfolio. Perhaps some of your portfolios might pick up the slack, especially if their still in their formative stages. If so, bring them on! I for one always love hearing about other people's trading and investment ideas and would gratefully welcome your contributions.

And, as always, all my best to everyone.

Vispilio
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1603

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 02:53:29 PM

Everything is completely off all exchanges; there is nothing on any exchange! Everything is in its own wallet and has zero exchange risk.

The portfolio is now set for the long term and any changes should be very few and far between and correspond to the portfolio's long term objectives . . . and maybe there will be a little trading on the BitShares decentralized exchange and the Steemit internal market too.  Grin

I'm also really looking forward to getting more involved in the specific projects I have chosen to invest in, firstly within their respective communities, and secondly as an active participant. I'm sure it must be obvious by now that I think my big four have a very impressive future ahead of them, and I definitely want to be more closely in touch with each as they move forward.

The fact that I cannot say the same about any other of the top level crypto contenders is one of the main reasons why I chose not to invest in anything like ETH or ETC, or ZEC, or even BTC and LTC (not to mention their relatively limited upside potential). If there's no way for the average person to get involved other than buying and holding, then that must mean they are fairly stagnate and anything but dynamic, and that leaves us wondering about what kind of future is really in store for them.

I will continue updating and posting, but, as you might imagine, given the longer term nature of the beast, there isn't going to be that much to talk about regarding this particular portfolio. Perhaps some of your portfolios might pick up the slack, especially if their still in their formative stages. If so, bring them on! I for one always love hearing about other people's trading and investment ideas and would gratefully welcome your contributions.

can you give a quick recap of how you can monetize Steem power ups ?.. Is it a passive income source for you ? Why would you hold on to a coin with unlimited supply and that is going to deliberately be diluted to divert interest into other features of the Steem project, like power ups, maybe we are missing something, you have obviously great familiarity with that project, can you summarize why you think it's a great investment ?.. All the Best

hous26

Activity: 462
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:16:20 PM

HR, how do you feel about 0x compared to BTS?  I've been looking at these two coins and was leaning towards 0x but your enthusiasm for BTS together with its firesale has peaked my interest.  Many people in my circle pump 0x, which is the primary reason I've been looking at it, but I haven't pulled the trigger.
David_5M

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

Making Blockchain Safer for Everyday Use

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 03:57:35 PM

Buy a lot of coins that are less than 5000 satoshi each when they are launched ... if one develops into a top 20. You would have hit your goal.

vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 04:57:17 PM

Wow. I wasn't expecting that. I thought you would still continually trade. So, you will adjust the weight if something happens?
yanlap

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:50:47 PM

What is your planning with HF which will be begin on Oct 25th, HR? Would you sell your alts and then buy back these alts again after HF happened?
The 25 October is not so far it is the date when all the people will be able to hold the bitcoin and to invest money in the bitcoin because as you said the price of the bitcoin is increasing so the more people will invest the more price of the bitcoin will increase, in the past the bitcoin investment was the slow price and the money making process but now the value of the bitcoin is increasing and the money will be double I one year only.
torry28
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 10:16:56 PM

What is your planning with HF which will be begin on Oct 25th, HR? Would you sell your alts and then buy back these alts again after HF happened?
The 25 October is not so far it is the date when all the people will be able to hold the bitcoin and to invest money in the bitcoin because as you said the price of the bitcoin is increasing so the more people will invest the more price of the bitcoin will increase, in the past the bitcoin investment was the slow price and the money making process but now the value of the bitcoin is increasing and the money will be double I one year only.
What are you talking about? I didn't said price of bitcoin would be increasing before or after HF happened.
There is no guarantee our money would be doubled in 1 year only even thought we got bitcoingold.
LuanX3

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 10:43:57 PM

This would have been quite easy back in 2009-2010. All you have to do is buy bitcoins and wait a few years and now your even a billionaire if you had $10,000 worth of bitcoins back in those time. Well, we cannot turn back time and we could not have bought those bitcoins. But we can do is just still invest into bitcoins and I think it will still profit a handsome sum of money.
Savik

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:11:03 AM

You'll do well as an activist sharehodler  Wink

HR (OP)
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 04:08:28 PM

can you give a quick recap of how you can monetize Steem power ups ?.. Is it a passive income source for you ? Why would you hold on to a coin with unlimited supply and that is going to deliberately be diluted to divert interest into other features of the Steem project, like power ups, maybe we are missing something, you have obviously great familiarity with that project, can you summarize why you think it's a great investment ?.. All the Best

The business model was changed some time ago.

https://steemit.com/steem/@steemitblog/final-review-of-steem-economic-changes

More, related info:

https://steemit.com/steem/@steemitblog/announcing-the-steem-bluepaper

https://www.wired.com/story/the-social-network-doling-out-millions-in-ephemeral-money/

HR (OP)
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 04:34:57 PM

Wow. I wasn't expecting that. I thought you would still continually trade. So, you will adjust the weight if something happens?

Yes, I will adjust weightings, but at this point it would have to be a major change in weightings before doing so.

HR (OP)
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 04:56:24 PM

HR, how do you feel about 0x compared to BTS?  I've been looking at these two coins and was leaning towards 0x but your enthusiasm for BTS together with its firesale has peaked my interest.  Many people in my circle pump 0x, which is the primary reason I've been looking at it, but I haven't pulled the trigger.

I just took a quick look, so this may be a bit superficial, but it looks to me like there's a world of difference between the protocols, with BTS being much more robust and advanced. BTS is independent, and 0x is an ETH token. BTS is a proven product and up and working, while 0x is still in an inception phase. It also looks like 0x is much higher priced and has less appreciation potential than BTS, which is severely undervalued. BTS devs are known professionals passionate about their work. On balance, I think BitShares wins hands down, but that's just my opinion based on a very quick perusal.

MissionPhailed

Activity: 583
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 05:17:00 PM

There was no sale of STEEM to buy ADA. The percentage increase in ADA portfolio weighting was due to its increase in value while the decrease in the other big 4 was due to the decrease in their value.

Ah, thx for clearing that up!

Btw, removing your crypto entirely from exchanges is quite a change indeed. Was your decision influenced by the recent turmoil around Bittrex? Looks like it wasn't a scam/hack but it once again became clear exchanges aren't a good environment to keep your coins. Perhaps your new steady course proves more lucrative than active trading!
cryptographic

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 02:39:27 PM

Just to let you all know, my account was hacked last night - I received 2 emails notifying me of a change of email address and login password, and the only option I had was to lock the account.

I'm now waiting hopefully for the Bitcoin Forum Admins to get in touch with me so that I can recover the account.

Shouldn't be too difficult since the automatic email I received surely proves that I am the owner of the account, but we'll have to wait and see.

Wish me luck. Wouldn't want to start all over as a newbie again.

HR
nuskill

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 04:53:20 PM

Just to let you all know, my account was hacked last night - I received 2 emails notifying me of a change of email address and login password, and the only option I had was to lock the account.

I'm now waiting hopefully for the Bitcoin Forum Admins to get in touch with me so that I can recover the account.

Shouldn't be too difficult since the automatic email I received surely proves that I am the owner of the account, but we'll have to wait and see.

Wish me luck. Wouldn't want to start all over as a newbie again.

HR

this account hacking is really getting out of hand. Especially since it seems that they can make a good profit with selling the accounts here openly.
Best of Luck to you!
cryptographic

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:40:07 PM

https://i.imgur.com/eSIsYw9.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/eSIsYw9.jpg

There is a time for everything, a reason for everything, and nothing ever happens by chance, and the time has come for me to say goodbye to Bitcoin Forum. The hack of my account comes at a very opportune time – it’s almost too uncanny to be true. I had just taken the model portfolio into a “stagnate” long term phase not too many days before, with the promise to only rebalance in response to major changes and as seldom as possible. Destiny stepped in with a better idea: leave things exactly like they are forever.

So we’re going to leave the portfolio locked forever in its current state. If something goes to zero, then so be it. If something goes to 99% of the portfolio, so be it. It will be interesting to see how it does over the years. I’m confident that this simple example of a high quality crypto buy and hold will be worth millions (with an “s”) in not too many years. Someone might even start a payout scheme when that happens. Cheesy

It’s been a very productive 5 years for me here on Bitcoin Forum, time to flush out enough schemers, scammers, egomaniacs, impostors, wannabes, during the formative years of cypto infancy to get a very good grasp on what the sector’s all about. Time enough to discover who really knows what they’re doing, who honestly believes in, and is working to implement, the basic crypto decentralized and widely distributed ethos, and who, as a result, has the integrity to be truly transparent in the fullest sense of what that means in an open source world.

Times have changed, and we must change with the times. I believe that crypto has crossed an ephemeral bridge from infancy with limitless dreams and aspirations to maturity with very limited long term prospects where the vast majority will slowly fade away while only a few, most likely in the handfuls, will survive. It’s no longer about discovering how things work and who’s behind the wheel, rather it’s time to make decisions based on what we already know. For example, first generation technology is not going to change. The days of one man POW dev teams are running out. The same can be said for original PoS. I believe that only proven secure, cutting edge solutions with real life applications will succeed, and I think that the model portfolio core consists of representative and extremely viable candidates, along with a couple of “long shots” that have a decent chance of making the transition.

As I’ve mentioned before, I plan to become more active within the communities of the projects I’ve chosen to invest in. My focus has changed. In a sense, I’m also transitioning – I’m moving from the information gathering stage to the collaborative implementation of the projects I think will indelibly mark the future of crypto.

And what better way to see how this works out than to leave the model portfolio “frozen” in its present state? Nothing happens by chance! This is a perfect way to sign off.

Remember, I said it will be worth millions. Smiley

My most heartfelt thanks to everyone here on Bitcoin Forum with positive contributions over these last few years, and all my best for future success.

Cryptographic, aka HR
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: