Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:54:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Turn $10,000 into 1 Million  (Read 68141 times)
sebastianpenguen

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:55:47 PM

Yes,became a Millionaire now than to wait for tomorrow, that day might not come if I won't act ,and that's absolutely the same, but the wiser idea is to grab the opportunity today so the blessing will come to me.
We should keep in our mind that opportunity does not always knocks our door, so if even an opportunity does don't wait for it to just go away just like bubble, go and grab it first and analyze if it was meant for you or you love to do that opportunity, just like here in crypto wherein I am now in a decision that I have to give up my job for me to go full time here.

Sometimes opportunities come once in a while and this is very unlucky for us. It's very rare I mean. I should take the advantage of them if any opportunity comes in. I can't make millions probably, but we can get some amount at least.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
andrew1carlssin

Activity: 168
Merit: 3

#Please, read:Daniel Ellsberg,-The Doomsday *wk

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 08:49:31 PM

I accept that challenger ... hope they dont jail me again as "block" time traveller

Satoshi's book editor; SCIpher - https://pdos.csail.mit.edu/archive/scigen/scipher.html
HR (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 04:35:33 PM

This is what a theoretical Week 29 Update would look like.

https://i.imgur.com/YvXLyp4.jpg

ADA grew to 54% of the total portfolio last night. That’s a fairly good concentration, and something I personally wouldn’t let go without rebalancing. As you know from reading this thread, I mentioned on the 1st of December that I had rebalanced my personal portfolio on the first ADA spike higher. I’m sure it won’t be too much of a surprise for you to learn that I’ve done the same again. And I’m still fairly overweight ADA!

To the question as to how the locked model portfolio is doing in comparison with my real portfolio, the truth is that until yesterday the balanced portfolio was still winning, both in percentage terms and absolute terms, even after having taken a little more than 10% profits cleanly off the top (a nice little fiat payday to brighten up the holiday season). However, with yesterday’s doubling in ADA, the locked portfolio took the lead in daily percentage gains. There's a lot of risk to assume in order to do that though, and with the likes of true 100x prospects like STEEM and SYS falling below 7.5% and 9%, respectively, there really are good places to put those ADA profits that will probably catapult the balanced portfolio higher sooner or later, while reducing substantial overall risk at the same time.

Check out the last post on my blog on Steemit, Buy Low, Sell High, for more about selling strength and buying weakness, best practice portfolio management, and a real nice example of a YTD laggard that could well be the next 100x.

All my best to everyone, and always remember that there will always be another correction. Smiley

^^ This!

And I will summarize: aside from having made good picks (which would have been fairly easy as some have pointed out), what made this possible more than anything else is the balanced portfolio concept. Don't forget it!

In fact, my real portfolio, complete with 2 ADA rebalancings to laggards, IS STILL ON PAR with the locked portfolio. Done just as well, and my risk is way lower as a result.

Also keep in mind that at some point, your crypto will need to be rebalanced against fiat.

A DIVERSIFIED BALANCED PORTFOLIO is your best friend and will never lie to you.

Both of those quoted posts just above placed great emphasis on best practice portfolio management and the need for periodic rebalancing when individual holdings get out of balance. The first of those two posts was the very day of the ATH in BTC, and the second the day before the ATH for the "model" portfolio - now not such a model given its extreme overweighting (still) in ADA.

For all those who took profits, that is to say, followed best practice portfolio management guidelines, we now find ourselves in a buy zone, so, everyone who has USDT, BitUSD, SBD or the like, happy fishing!  Grin

https://i.imgur.com/zF3jMnT.jpg

And to everyone who didn't, not to worry, there's always time to learn from our mistakes.

Un fuerte abrazo para María de GdC.

Kopen

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:33:03 AM

You came back! Cheesy Decided to check back on this thread on a whim--glad I did.

Are you 100% sure it's buying time? Alt prices are reasonably low, I suppose (sort of in that 4x below ATH / 4x above previous high settling area), so it's a good buy relative to the next rise.

I'm still in bear mode and inclined to think we have one last push down. Maybe not as violent as the last drop (6k BTC, etc.), but something near it. I honestly thought we had confirmation that we broke the 2017 log channel once BTC started hitting the 58XXs, and I've held more fiat than I'd like during this recovery because it keeps hinting that there's a better buy coming.

If you have a moment, let's talk Portfolio 2.0. Last year you were leaning 2nd/3rd gen cryptos, this year I've gotten the impression you're...basically all in BTS/STEEM...? Saw you mentioned EOS once on Steemit.

I'm a bit stumped on projects these days. ETH looks crazy expensive. LTC is pricey (gonna be a while for another 10x), but I'm still fond of the project. STEEM honestly just isn't my cup of tea (philosophically not crazy about a social media blockchain). I love BTS, but I don't have a solid vision of its roadmap anymore.

Platform chains like EOS/ZRX/DNT are interesting, though it's hard to form an opinion on a winner between them. Seems like the summer ICO hype is over and now it's getting hard to tell which projects are quietly working hard and which are fading. Thoughts?
Vask

Activity: 504
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:19:53 AM

Yes,became a Millionaire now than to wait for tomorrow, that day might not come if I won't act ,and that's absolutely the same, but the wiser idea is to grab the opportunity today so the blessing will come to me.
In principle, the problem is difficult but feasible, it is sufficient to choose promising coins. If you analyze the last year, then many prospective tokens showed an increase of 10-30 times, and in this case it will be 1-2 years and you will reach a million!
btcmegastar

Activity: 700

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:26:06 AM

Did op cash out something or still holding , trying to find some info , but too many pages over here Smiley really interested what he have done when reached 1M

Many people failed to look at the potential of coin and how their roadmap should be. Even I am failing to choose right one inorder to get more profit in the market, not only price we have to check about the company and their development process.
mrsamuelmills83

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:27:51 AM

Perhaps not exactly "trading", but it just might be one of the shortest time frame investments you'll ever make.  Wink

How about a portfolio competition?

Using today’s price to establish opening position cost basis, the following portfolio has a minimum target of $100,000 (if everything goes wrong) and a maximum (still conservative) target of $1,000,000. (Explaining the reasons why goes beyond the scope of this friendly competition.)

Litecoin (LTC) – 50%
BitShares (BTS) – 10%
STEEM (STEEM) – 10%
Syscoin (SYS) – 10%
Nxt (NXT) – 10%
PIVX (PIVX) – 5%
NEM (XEM) – 5%

We’ll see how it does. Wish me luck!

Full Disclosure: I currently hold many of these issues as “long term” investments (but not all at this exact time since I’m still looking for a better entry on one in particular), and could purchase or sell any, at any time, and/or trade short term as well, with the weighting for this “model” portfolio being somewhat different from my own, where, for example, I am currently overweight LTC, BTS and PIVX.

https://i.imgur.com/MqTGARn.png
https://i.imgur.com/MqTGARn.png

Edit: Forgot one very small detail at the time: the price of Bitcoin. It's highlighted on the 5 min chart below.

https://i.imgur.com/00lZU8s.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/00lZU8s.jpg

Very cool idea. Kind of a plan I would have done myself. How is it going for you now? I guess your 10 grand has turned into something around 50 grand?
janggernaut
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1130

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:15:07 AM

And to everyone who didn't, not to worry, there's always time to learn from our mistakes.

So if i understood you correctly, you still haven't sell anything yet even though it was reached more than $1 million?

Very cool idea. Kind of a plan I would have done myself. How is it going for you now? I guess your 10 grand has turned into something around 50 grand?
He has turned to 120 grand.
letecia012

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:48:34 AM

I would like to see the current result on the positions of the author of the topic, if you do an analysis, there is still no million, but half must be exact!
me too im interested for the result of your 10k to 1m challenge but i guess you already hit it since late 2017 was a good quarter for crypto and most of your coijs invested have surge more than several folds already
Tigerw

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:23:14 AM

I would like to see the current result on the positions of the author of the topic, if you do an analysis, there is still no million, but half must be exact!
me too im interested for the result of your 10k to 1m challenge but i guess you already hit it since late 2017 was a good quarter for crypto and most of your coijs invested have surge more than several folds already
I really hope that there will still be such moments in the world of cryptography and everyone who invested their money will get a good profit. At least it should wait in the near future.
loof99

Activity: 524
Merit: 258

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:49:53 PM

There is a possibility that you can earned money in bitcoins and one great thing about it, it enhance its value which can leads to more profits from its investor, all we need is to wait for it to happen.
PranDoW

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:02:49 PM

nxt was my biggest mistake in crypto world fortunately i did not invest all my money, just 10%
AlNu

Activity: 728
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:22:39 PM

as I understand the author moved away from his plan, his portfolio already reached the cost of $ 1 million, now if you judge by the diagram about 500K $. What are your current goals?
wagi

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:48:21 AM

I feel the best thing for you to do is to move it into another exchange. That will be better than losing your funds.
You might still be lucky to recover whatever in the next pump. Poloniex is trading BTS and you should not let the actions of bittrex dictate how you make your decisions. This is just my own advice anyway.

Its good advice. But again it is depending on the person but not depend on our suggestion.
We only can suggest but the decison is his own. If the exchange does accept again the coin then move it to another is good suggestion like you told us.
sergeyen

Activity: 101
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:31:01 PM

HR, can we ask you to show us your REAL portfolio with rebalancing ?
(not "model").
Soranith

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:41:32 PM

nxt was my biggest mistake in crypto world fortunately i did not invest all my money, just 10%
Some of my friends was very disappointed with NEXT too after the airdrop happened they weren't able to sell their next the IGNIS they received was just not worth it at all.
BobBct

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:57:47 PM

Doing that has a less risk but in HODLING $1M is hard even when HODLING tons of coins because $10k is a small amount to hodl for $1M but in trading it's very possible.
HR (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 02:50:35 PM

Can't show my real crypto portfolio, but I will say that it is performing around 40% better on a relative basis, and once again demonstrating that a diversified balanced portfolio is the only way to go. My real overall portfolio including the profits I took to fiat is doing over 300% better on a relative basis. Again, appropriately balanced and diversified is the moral of the story. The locked portfolio is shown below though. Looks like a great time to buy.

https://i.imgur.com/ZyBArJn.jpg

wayaneka

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 04:16:51 AM

This is could be possible but only trader and investor who always patient and have great strategy can make it, i also want to try it starting right now by make some new strategy for day trading and swing trading, i hope i can make it not more than 2 years Grin

Vispilio
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1616

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 02:05:44 AM

thanks for the candid update. I hope you took considerable profits at your original target of 1 million USD, which would be a brilliant premonition on your part.

Agreed it's a great time to buy now. Would be curious to hear your arguments for any new names you added or might add to your portfolio.

All the Best

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: