Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:41:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 211 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin reduces unemployment  (Read 100439 times)
makolz26

Activity: 714
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 01:22:01 PM

I don't think that bitcoin will reduce unemployment because you need to have a proper knowledge on bitcoin,also one needs to spend a lot of time on it,it may be good enough for a part time job/temporary job ,but as a full time job ,bitcoin really needs to expand itself even more and also people need to know how to use their creative skills .

Same way when you want employment that is paid in fiat currency.  Remember you need to study for more than a decade to prepare yourself to have jobs.  You have to attend several pieces of training and seminars if you are applying for a job even before you are accepted.  This is no difference than learning bitcoins.
It is true that bitcoin reduces unemployment, in fact I know someone don't have a regular job but because of bitcoin their lifestyle change, their perspective also change they become business minded and become great investor so it is true that bitcoin really helps a lot.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2017, 01:44:38 PM

I don't even consider it as a part time job. Generally what you are doing online like signature campaigns fall into freelancing in which you really don't have an employer. You are self-employed in which you are just looking for temporary or additional way of having extra income. Additionally the amount you can get from a job is much bigger because in Bitcoins we have a limited option on earning more money.

Are you sure a signature campaign does not have an employer?  Then who is paying us of our job/task?  Isn't it the owner of the campaign?  Managed by the manager?  Signature campaign does not fall under self-employed category because you are applying for the position or slot.

And they maybe a part time Job or sidejob as the other stated (see bolded word).  We are not discussing here about the quality of job or the how the job is created or how long it will last.  We are discussing employment and unemployment.   If you applied for a campagin and got accepted  won't you considered yourself employed?  If not then what do you call it?

I disagree with your stance and support the previous poster (whose post I included in the quote). As to me, if we follow your logic there couldn't be self-employed people at all. Ultimately, the difference between self-employed and hired (or employed) lies in the equality (or lack thereof) of the parties involved. When you are employed, you follow the rules of your employer, i.e. you don't have a lot of leeway in respect to negotiating the terms of the contract (e.g. when you should work and how much). This is not the case with self-employment where you can put forward and negotiate your own conditions and provisions

Just the fact that it is still a job to be done is irrelevant and inconsequential to the issue

wahb

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 01:58:20 PM

I don't think that bitcoin will reduce unemployment because you need to have a proper knowledge on bitcoin,also one needs to spend a lot of time on it,it may be good enough for a part time job/temporary job ,but as a full time job ,bitcoin really needs to expand itself even more and also people need to know how to use their creative skills .

Same way when you want employment that is paid in fiat currency.  Remember you need to study for more than a decade to prepare yourself to have jobs.  You have to attend several pieces of training and seminars if you are applying for a job even before you are accepted.  This is no difference than learning bitcoins.
It is true that bitcoin reduces unemployment, in fact I know someone don't have a regular job but because of bitcoin their lifestyle change, their perspective also change they become business minded and become great investor so it is true that bitcoin really helps a lot.
yes no doubt about that and specially in backward countries where the unemployment is really a big problem. i think bitcoin is really giving good chance to the people to make livelihood. although it is not a permanent way of income because of the lot of fluctuation price of bitcoin, but still people are getting good profit from it, and hope that they will continue earning bitcoin for a long time.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 02:08:53 PM

I totally agree that Bitcoin is alleviating unemployment in many countries. I for one, am one of the many of my generation who are technically JOBLESS in the real world and if it weren't for Bitcoin, I am sure I would have been on the streets at some point. Bitcoin saved me and my Family from total financial meltdown more than once.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 03:03:38 PM

I met an old friend in a restaurant January, 2017. Who happened to be my junior while in the university three years ago. I was surprised when he told me that he has never been invited for a job interview till date. I now asked him, how do you survive then without a paid job? He told me whether I have an idea about bitcoin? And I reply him, no sir. He then explain everything about bitcoin and crypto currency to me, and that he has three  account at legend level. From the three account, the amount of Satoshi he make from signature campaign is not less than FIFTEEN MILLION Satoshi in a month different from the profit he makes from trading crypto currency. And the black market value of Bitcoin in my country is about 50% increase of the international value. I believe bitcoin reduces unemployment.

It does reduces since some unemployed were able to make money and provide their living from btc, same wuth their earning more than a job salary they can earn.
That is very true because we are one of the proof for that or i can be a proof for that, my elder brother was earning at least $1,000 per month (Worth of US Dollar in our country) and i was making at least $2,000 and that was x2 of my brother's salary and when i try to tell it to him, he was not believing me until i show him my wallet that is receiving bitcoin and he was so shocked and immediately beg me to teach him.
I wouldn't call that "employment" though.  Online marketing still exists, it's just that the inefficiencies of the market result in signature campaigns paying higher.  Plus, the people who pay signature campaigns tend to earn Bitcoin instead of fiat currency, meaning that their payouts can stay consistent while the price rises.

If it is the official government issued “unemployment” numbers that you are looking at, those probably went up based on Bitcoin, because those that earned money through Bitcoin are likely not listed as as employed via statistics.
Lastly, online business owners increasing over time means fewer brick and mortar stores in some business sectors and that mean a few less jobs out there.  This is a small number, as new jobs types were also created, and companies like Amazon and shipping companies have seen huge increases in volume and hired more people to cover the increase, basically evening out the loses.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
PrinceCaspian

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 03:08:09 PM

Maybe that will be a result but think of it also,unemployed will be still legally unemployed even though they are earning in bitcoins,yeah they earn money but no more likely from a real job so they may still get considered as unemployed

▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
   ▄████████████████████████▄████████████████████████████████████▀▀███▄
  █████████▀        ▀███████████████▀         ▀████   ██████   ██████▀██     ███████████▄    ██████████   ███████████▄
 █████████    ▄▄▄▄    █████████████▀   ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███    █████   ██████████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀████
██████████   ██████   █████████████   ███████   ███     ████   ███████████   ███       ███   ███          ███       ███
██████████   ▀█████▄▄▄█████████████   ███████   ███      ███   ████████████            ███   ███          ███       ███
███████████▄    ▀▀█████████████████   ███████   ███   █   ██   ████████████            ███   ███  █████   ███      ▄███
██████████████▄▄    ▀██████████████   ███████   ███   ██   █   ████████████            ███   ███  ▀▀▀▀▀   ███    █████▀
██████████▀▀▀█████▄   █████████████   ███████   ███   ███      ████████████            ███   ███          ███     ███
██████████   ██████   █████████████   ███████   ███   ████     ███████████   ███       ███   ███          ███      ███
 █████████    ▀▀▀▀    █████████████▄   ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████    ██████████    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███       ███
  █████████▄        ▄███████████████▄         ▄████   ██████   ██████▄██     ███████████▀    ██████████   ███        ███
   ▀████████████████████████▀████████████████████████████████████▄▄███▀
      ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

HIGH-SECURE PAYMENT ALGORITHM FOR E-COMMERCE
█████|     Telegram     |     Twitter     |     Medium     |     Youtube     |     Facebook     |█████

WHITEPAPER
ONEPAGER
ANN Thread

PRIVATE SALE...MARCH 10
PRE-SALE▬▬▬.MARCH 25
CROWDSALE.APRIL 11
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 03:15:16 PM

Same way when you want employment that is paid in fiat currency.  Remember you need to study for more than a decade to prepare yourself to have jobs.  You have to attend several pieces of training and seminars if you are applying for a job even before you are accepted.  This is no difference than learning bitcoins.
yes no doubt about that and specially in backward countries where the unemployment is really a big problem. i think bitcoin is really giving good chance to the people to make livelihood. although it is not a permanent way of income because of the lot of fluctuation price of bitcoin, but still people are getting good profit from it, and hope that they will continue earning bitcoin for a long time.
Yes I too vote for this, bitcoin really reduced unemployment in many countries. And the sudden price increase helped many people to work for this bitcoin. This is a good income for those who works in online. Yes there is no other online job will give this much of money in online work. I heard in some backwards countries people are stoped regular job and started to earn more bitcoins to spend full time in bitcoin activity.
Flodemaga

Activity: 286

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 03:34:15 PM

I do know a person wich is helping others with crypto offering them a source of income, the thing is that at some places the income from signatures as well other works is enought to they survive, soo they are doing the best they can trying to be at signatures, but those wich arent able to join are doing others tasks to get their daily income.
icecube45
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 03:35:39 PM

I think yes, it reduces unemployment since it created an opportunity to some that used frequently online. Some here are already working at the convenient of their homes and having client in any part of the globe especially on graphic designs, web designs, sales etc.
Yeah right, bitcoin can indeed reduce unemployment because it can create an opportunity for someone to earn income. Especially for people who have this expertise is easy to do just by doing at home and the results are also great. But unfortunately not many people know this technology, many people are still strangers with bitcoin. Though I think if bitcoin is used by all these people can expand employment and reduce unemployment in large numbers.
radjie

Activity: 1792
Merit: 264

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 03:39:38 PM

With the bitcoin of people who have not got a job can easily earn income by working through the online system is by searching bitcoin.
But it's all done in earnest or just as hard work and requires high creativity to be able to easily collect bitcoin.
Bitcoin can also be said one alternative how we can make money where in when we have no real job or can be said where we are unemployed.
cryp24x

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 03:49:15 PM

I don't even consider it as a part time job. Generally what you are doing online like signature campaigns fall into freelancing in which you really don't have an employer. You are self-employed in which you are just looking for temporary or additional way of having extra income. Additionally the amount you can get from a job is much bigger because in Bitcoins we have a limited option on earning more money.

Are you sure a signature campaign does not have an employer?  Then who is paying us of our job/task?  Isn't it the owner of the campaign?  Managed by the manager?  Signature campaign does not fall under self-employed category because you are applying for the position or slot.

And they maybe a part time Job or sidejob as the other stated (see bolded word).  We are not discussing here about the quality of job or the how the job is created or how long it will last.  We are discussing employment and unemployment.   If you applied for a campagin and got accepted  won't you considered yourself employed?  If not then what do you call it?

I disagree with your stance and support the previous poster (whose post I included in the quote). As to me, if we follow your logic there couldn't be self-employed people at all. Ultimately, the difference between self-employed and hired (or employed) lies in the equality (or lack thereof) of the parties involved. When you are employed, you follow the rules of your employer, i.e. you don't have a lot of leeway in respect to negotiating the terms of the contract (e.g. when you should work and how much). This is not the case with self-employment where you can put forward and negotiate your own conditions and provisions

Just the fact that it is still a job to be done is irrelevant and inconsequential to the issue

You just supported my stance rather than refuting it Smiley.  The one I quoted said that signature campaign is categorized as self-employed  stuff.  And your explanation justified my stance .  The discussion with my quoted reply solely revolves around signature campaign .
worldmobilecoin

Activity: 159
Merit: 11

World Mobile Coin

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2017, 03:49:31 PM

Seems bitcoin gave a huge impact for people especially for online user, not just for unemployment. Maybe for one want to do extra income, small business online, help funding, ext. I'm not sure if BTC create jobs opportunities but for sure people can earn money from BTC.

WMCC: wc1qcl3qeqkjamt8m7ass0weu9ep6s8se722y553jm
BTC: 1N1ZM9xCzHtn8mD4a4JYUm7bC5T54CBDmD
ETH: 0x6145e253196C7a7CEDDA1797B69E2ba67Fe3219b
BCH: 18CW3B95oTtW5MYG7GAs8isABA4TeNntWA
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 04:53:48 PM

With the bitcoin of people who have not got a job can easily earn income by working through the online system is by searching bitcoin.
That is not necessarily true. Do you have any guide for people who are unemployed to easly earn BTC? There is nothing like that.
They will be able either to earn pitiful amount of BTC, not really good enough to cover life expenses or won't earn anything.

But it's all done in earnest or just as hard work and requires high creativity to be able to easily collect bitcoin.
Creativity alone is not enough. Bunch of other conditions need to be met as well.
Bitcoin won't give you an upper hand if you can't already earn fiat money in the same/similar manner.

freeyourmind

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 05:33:15 PM

You just supported my stance rather than refuting it Smiley.  The one I quoted said that signature campaign is categorized as self-employed  stuff.  And your explanation justified my stance .  The discussion with my quoted reply solely revolves around signature campaign .

Signature campaigns are a source of income, and can be categorized as self-employment, but depending on where you live and what the cost of living is, it will mean different things to different people.

For example, I've been to some countries in Asia with a significantly lower cost of living and lower salary on average than say North America.  There was a general labourer that was employed for $125/month in Indonesia.  This is enough to pay for the cost of living for him.  He would be able to quit that and be employed through signature campaigns, and probably make a bit more money depending on how mature the account is.

However in Europe or North America, it's not a significant amount of money to cover anything close to the cost of living.  So it can be a hobby where there is some income associated with it, but another source of income is definitely required to get by.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2017, 05:49:55 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2017, 06:05:50 PM by deisik

Are you sure a signature campaign does not have an employer?  Then who is paying us of our job/task?  Isn't it the owner of the campaign?  Managed by the manager?  Signature campaign does not fall under self-employed category because you are applying for the position or slot.

And they maybe a part time Job or sidejob as the other stated (see bolded word).  We are not discussing here about the quality of job or the how the job is created or how long it will last.  We are discussing employment and unemployment.   If you applied for a campagin and got accepted  won't you considered yourself employed?  If not then what do you call it?

You just supported my stance rather than refuting it Smiley.  The one I quoted said that signature campaign is categorized as self-employed  stuff.  And your explanation justified my stance .  The discussion with my quoted reply solely revolves around signature campaign

In fact, this is nowhere near the case even in respect to signature campaigns

Many signature campaigns are negotiable. There is even a group of "professional" posters here which offer their posting "services" to advertisers. You can find them advertising themselves in the Services section of the forum. Would that count toward self-employment? I'd rather say that perfectly. Apart from them, there are quite a few posters who are approached on an individual basis (I was asked a few times myself to wear a specific signature and avatar). I guess this rightfully counts toward self-employment as well. Even with general signature campaigns the terms are pretty loose, there is often a limit on the maximum number of posts and certain limitations regarding where you may or may not post (besides obvious no-spam rules), but in all other respects you are basically free to post what you like, where you like, and when you like it

SingAlong

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 01:28:32 AM

I think in the presence of bitcoin will reduce unemployment, because searching for bitcoin also requires hard work and creativity, and competitiveness in bitcoin is also high almost similar to work in the real world

What is your opinion this time?

Bitcoin is not free because you might not spend money from it but you need to dedicate your time and effort for you to earn it. By reducing unemployment, it promotes also financial stability which enables them to save up in the future and grow the asset (Bitcoin) in their possession that may be trading or investing it especially in the long run as it is seen that the price would increase multiple folds years from now which would require patience and believe that it would.

◆  ◆  ◆  ◇      P L A Z A      ◇  ◆  ◆  ◆            The Intersection of Lifestyle & Technology
[ WHITEPAPER ]     PRE-SALE Starts  │  March 15th, 2018     [ ANN THREAD ]
TELEGRAM        GITHUB       MEDIUM        YOUTUBE        TWITTER        FLIPBOARD        REDDIT        LINKEDIN        FACEBOOK        EMAIL
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 01:38:38 AM

You just supported my stance rather than refuting it Smiley.  The one I quoted said that signature campaign is categorized as self-employed  stuff.  And your explanation justified my stance .  The discussion with my quoted reply solely revolves around signature campaign

In fact, this is nowhere near the case even in respect to signature campaigns

Many signature campaigns are negotiable. There is even a group of "professional" posters here which offer their posting "services" to advertisers. You can find them advertising themselves in the Services section of the forum. Would that count toward self-employment? I'd rather say that perfectly. Apart from them, there are quite a few posters who are approached on an individual basis (I was asked a few times myself to wear a specific signature and avatar). I guess this rightfully counts toward self-employment as well. Even with general signature campaigns the terms are pretty loose, there is often a limit on the maximum number of posts and certain limitations regarding where you may or may not post (besides obvious no-spam rules), but in all other respects you are basically free to post what you like, where you like, and when you like it

Even at the basic product offering 'get paid x for each valid post', as you have said this is certainly a job. I dont thunk it trwuires tge nuanced contracts sime guys get to take it to that kevel, job = effort for pay. Hell, it generates income, picking up cans is a job if you can do enough of it to make a difference. The idea of a central, monolithic household income stream is starting to show its age; the smart lad would do well to establish multiple, smaller income streams with potential for growth. That way, if a stream dries up, you won't be 'stuck up a creek'  so to speak Wink
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1336

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 01:51:44 AM

I think in the presence of bitcoin will reduce unemployment, because searching for bitcoin also requires hard work and creativity, and competitiveness in bitcoin is also high almost similar to work in the real world

I do not think bitcoin can reduce unemployment directly, however any new technology creates new business opportunities and new jobs that can create new wealth for the people but at the same time new and more efficient technology can destroy many jobs, just look at Kodak, now that everyones has a camera that can take a number of pictures that is almost unlimited no one needs Kodak.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 02:19:51 AM

I do not think bitcoin can reduce unemployment directly, however any new technology creates new business opportunities and new jobs that can create new wealth for the people but at the same time new and more efficient technology can destroy many jobs, just look at Kodak, now that everyones has a camera that can take a number of pictures that is almost unlimited no one needs Kodak.
As long as bitcoin is offering some jobs like freelance or something like that then it is actually reducing the number of unemployment because of the easy or convenient job online and to be honest, you can earn more money in bitcoin rather than in the usual job that you can get in the real world.
eleah24

Activity: 113
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 04:48:03 AM

For me, I really think that bitcoin really reduces unemployment because with investing to bitcoin, you could really earn money specially when you really spend your time on working for bitcoin. And not only it reduces unemployment it also reduces traffic, since you could work from your home, yo would not need the use of transportation to go to your work.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 211 »
  Print  

Jump to: