Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:11:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain Bubble in the Making? Memories of 2000 Tech Bubble  (Read 1365 times)
Urban Crypto (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2017, 04:40:03 AM

As the ICOs continue rolling out with millions of dollars being raised it begs the question if this is the beginning of a blockchain bubble.  In the last week we have seen the price of Bitcoin and Ethereum move all over the place.

Read More:  https://urbancrypto.com/blockchain-bubble-in-the-making/

Urban Crypto has the latest information related to Cryptocurrencies, Tokens, and ICOs. www.UrbanCrypto.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 06:00:45 AM

i don't understand the choice of terminology!

your article keeps repeating "blockchain bubble", but blockchain is just the public ledger that holds all the transaction data in other words it is the Chain of Blocks. so the word "blockchain bubble" is meaningless in my opinion!

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
NorrisK
Legendary

Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 07:11:48 AM

One reason these ICOs are raising so much money as that the value of a lot of coins has risen dramatically.

Anybody that has been around for a few years can have thousands and thousands of USD worth in coins at the moment.

These coins however, cannot ALL be cashed at that price. So the USD value may be quite high, the actual value after selling (if they do) mayh not even be close to what they raised.

I think that there will be a lot of vaporware that doesnt need blockchain to run but still raises a lot of money and that will ultimately cause the bubble.
Urban Crypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2017, 07:20:36 AM

your article keeps repeating "blockchain bubble", but blockchain is just the public ledger that holds all the transaction data in other words it is the Chain of Blocks. so the word "blockchain bubble" is meaningless in my opinion!
I understand your point, I mean rather the technology companies based on blackchain like the tech companies.

Urban Crypto has the latest information related to Cryptocurrencies, Tokens, and ICOs. www.UrbanCrypto.com
Pierre 2
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1358

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 08:04:23 AM

There is no bitcoin bubble, lets agree on this.
But altcoin bubble looks very similar to 2000s I must say.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 08:08:09 AM

How can you have no btc bubble but an ALT bubble. People are simply discovering crypto and saying I missed the boat with BTC I'll look for a new train that is about to leave.

Either crypto is in a bubble or it is not. I think we are just seeing the next wave of people discovering it.

Once you go crypto you dont go back.

Where else are you going to become an overnight millionaire so easily. Even if you lose all your stake the first few times. You'll be back.

tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 08:15:02 AM

Don't be nit picky.  I know that you know what he means.

Anyway he's right. Most of these 'blockchain projects' won't be anything after they have burned thru all their funding.  And the funny thing is the founders of those projects themselves seem to think they're going to be the Steve Jobs of blockchain.  Lol.  They're douchebags, most of them.  Cheesy

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Pierre 2
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1358

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 08:17:59 AM

How can you have no btc bubble but an ALT bubble. People are simply discovering crypto and saying I missed the boat with BTC I'll look for a new train that is about to leave.

Either crypto is in a bubble or it is not. I think we are just seeing the next wave of people discovering it.

Where else are you going to become an overnight millionaire so easily. Even if you lose all your stake the first few times. You'll be back.

I feel like we can't really take bitcoin price increase as result of bubble.
Bubbles happen when people think short gains.
Lot of people basically came to me in last couple of weeks, asking about bitcoin.
And their general questions was "is it gonna be big?" not "can i gain money over it in short time?"
And their general concern was its' usage.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 08:35:54 AM

I feel like we can't really take bitcoin price increase as result of bubble.
Bubbles happen when people think short gains.
Lot of people basically came to me in last couple of weeks, asking about bitcoin.
And their general questions was "is it gonna be big?" not "can i gain money over it in short time?"
And their general concern was its' usage.

Everyone here wants to make the most money in the shortest amount of time. You can guarantee that. Anyone saying differently is talking nonsense.

I don't think this is a bubble this is the start of main stream hearing about crypto and the opportunities to go pauper to prince in a few months or weeks.

When you hear kids at school talking about alts then it could be time to say the peak has been reached.

But even then I don't think it will pop you will just not see these huge gains we have seen day on day.

Urban Crypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2017, 09:01:03 AM

All I am sying, if you read my post is that late 1999 to 2000 everyone was jumping on all things tech and internet.  When the bubble burst all hell broke loose.  IF some or many of these companies fail fast what will happen to the whole Token Based" businesses and Ethereum as a whole?

Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1020

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 09:10:06 AM

This thing i supposed to say too on which theres no connection about blockchain since its just the passage way between transactions of cryptocurrency which do make use of it which means theres no blockchain bubble that he was mentioning as of now.Theres no sense at all but if we are talking about bitcoin and other altcoin then that already makes sense.

Legendary / Hero Member

EPSILOAN ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ███████
███████ ▄    ███     ███████
███████ █▄    █ █    ███████
███████ ██▄    ██    ███████
███████ ███▄  ███    ███████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
dissident

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 10:38:22 AM

The bubble has already burst. What you are seeing now is the dead cat bounce. I transferred some more coin into my accounts, ready to sell at work today if necessary.  Though I really like NEM/XEM, the US market doesn't give it the respect it deserves and still extolls crapcoins with segwit over the superior tech that is already here, so I'm more than willing to take profits and buy back in lower. Well off to work.
Urban Crypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2017, 10:44:22 AM

The bubble has already burst. What you are seeing now is the dead cat bounce. I transferred some more coin into my accounts, ready to sell at work today if necessary.  Though I really like NEM/XEM, the US market doesn't give it the respect it deserves and still extolls crapcoins with segwit over the superior tech that is already here, so I'm more than willing to take profits and buy back in lower. Well off to work.
I don't think the whole altcoin market will burst but so many of the Tokens will fail.  How will that affect Ethereum?

PhoenixWarrior333

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 03:17:32 AM

The Public Blockchain is the bubble, go where there is Privacy & Anonymity and you will agree that is the next phase, that's the only hint Wink
Herbert2020
Legendary

Merit: 1137

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 06:01:35 AM

Anyway he's right. Most of these 'blockchain projects' won't be anything after they have burned thru all their funding.  And the funny thing is the founders of those projects themselves seem to think they're going to be the Steve Jobs of blockchain.  Lol.  They're douchebags, most of them.  Cheesy

i apologize if i came out as nit picky, i mostly said it since it is an article and it is best to be "technically correct" in it.

The Public Blockchain is the bubble, go where there is Privacy & Anonymity and you will agree that is the next phase, that's the only hint Wink

the average Joe doesn't really care about very high level of Privacy and Anonymity. that is why none of these anon coins and so called anon coins have not gained any real adoption yet.
and besides, you can gain the highest level of privacy with bitcoin, and a high level of anonymity too. example: Satoshi Nakamoto is still anonymous after 8-9 years.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Urban Crypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2017, 09:45:53 AM

i apologize if i came out as nit picky, i mostly said it since it is an article and it is best to be "technically correct" in it.

the average Joe doesn't really care about very high level of Privacy and Anonymity. that is why none of these anon coins and so called anon coins have not gained any real adoption yet.
and besides, you can gain the highest level of privacy with bitcoin, and a high level of anonymity too. example: Satoshi Nakamoto is still anonymous after 8-9 years.
Bitcoin may be anonymous, but you have to be careful if you link one or two transactions that identify you all your transactions are traceable.

dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 01:26:47 PM

Simply because he didn't touch his coins !  The day he touches them, be sure his anonymity will be lifted.   That's exactly the problem with transparent chains.  If bitcoin were monero, Satoshi could have cashed out without anyone even knowing.  Not with bitcoin.  He cannot cash out his coins without linking the identity by which he does the transaction with "Satoshi". 
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 05:08:03 PM

I think he was trying to encapsulate all of the crypto currencies in a single term so we could identify what he was talking about, similar to what happened to the dot com bubble, but if that is the case I don't know why he did not use simply the term crypto currencies bubble.
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 06:24:26 PM

It also get me confused the selection of word by op in convinced it message. Like you out rightly said  "block chain  is just the public ledger that holds all transactions" so I think op is mixing blockchain with ICO or altcoins or crypto currencies. Thank for your correction Herbert2020.
IamHigh

Activity: 170

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 06:45:56 PM

there is no Blockchain bubble. there is only ripple bubble existing in markets. blockchain is a real innovation, not a bubble.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: