Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:23:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Loss almost 40%, should stop trading or not ?  (Read 32500 times)
geegaw

Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 09:49:07 AM

Trading with btc - eth, I buy too high ( 0,082 ) and today I sell all on 0,077. Before that trade btc - ripple ( xrp ), make mistake buy 0,0002150 so today I sell with price 0,0001200. I decide to sell all because my patience is finish. I have loss almost 40% from my money, my question is simple ................. stop or continue?

before you enter of trading first of all you have a long patience strategy and knowledge to trade..dont stop study first because  more invest in trading big income you earn....
I think op's mistake is pretty common for new traders. Once you bought an alt coin, it eould be advisable to just let it be for a while and don't focus on the movement especially if it's just minutes or hours past the time of entry. Beginners would be anxious in seeing the drops in price and they would find a very strong urge to sell, where in fact, it's part of the fluctuations of alt coins.
The issue is that most don’t enter with the mentality of holding for a period of time, they expect that as soon as they buy the coin will skyrocket and make instant wins, but since they don’t have the knowledge to choose a coin in the right moment, and they see the coin is going lower they begin to doubt their judgment they did an by doing that, they are sabotaging themselves.
Yeah, this is the common mistakes of new traders, they do not have too much knowledge of trading and they lack experience, failed the first time easily make them collapse and lose confidence. They just rely on emotions, they do not determine when to sell and when to buy, the decline makes them panic sell. I think the new traders if they fall into this situation, they should stop for some time, continue to only make them lose more money. Failure is not everything, it is the beginning of success

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 11:56:00 AM

you are trading emotionally . put your buy orders / sell orders = then close the platform and come back few hours later to see how it goes
Not a so good recommendation to overcome losses, I mean to say you are not including technical analysis to safeguard capital while buying and selling. Staying away for not closely watching trading must be a good idea but it work only when our technical analysis will be backing us. Otherwise big losses are easily available when we are not watching market fluctuations.
Simple enough, the only reason 40% can be up and gone with slight reversal in market price is absence of money and risk management. Most newbies to especially cryptotrading are presumptuous that none of technical analysis nor position sizing is needed in cryptotrading, so they end up with avoidable mistakes. Like a wise saying goes, there're no mountains anywhere, every man's ignorance is his mountain  Cool
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 01:48:33 PM

It's a big loss but you know the best how much you can afford to lose. You are not so experienced and you are probably making a lot mistakes. This is the hardest way to learn trading but the most efficient ones. Don't fall for emotions but if you see that trading is not for you better quit before you fall too deep.

malaj
yatogami

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

bvo.trybravo.com

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 05:32:28 PM

Trading with btc - eth, I buy too high ( 0,082 ) and today I sell all on 0,077. Before that trade btc - ripple ( xrp ), make mistake buy 0,0002150 so today I sell with price 0,0001200. I decide to sell all because my patience is finish. I have loss almost 40% from my money, my question is simple ................. stop or continue?

you stop. you've already broken all the rules, as you're trading with emotion. Neither Rome nor fortunes were built in a day.
if your think wanna stop trading just stop it, but like tntdgcr says if you're trading with emotion no more room for you in cryptocurrency world.

yatogami

bvo.trybravo.com

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 05:34:46 PM

you just need advanced analysis techniques for trading altcoin and reading the market chart where the market go to next

naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 06:27:52 PM

It's a big loss but you know the best how much you can afford to lose. You are not so experienced and you are probably making a lot mistakes.
You mean to say like gambling, for trading too we need to risk only the limit of money we can afford to lose. I do not think so, because unlike gambling we can control our losses in trading, we can risk any amount but need to be enough skilled to start trading otherwise stay away from trading to educate on trading skill is highly recommended.

This is the hardest way to learn trading but the most efficient ones. Don't fall for emotions but if you see that trading is not for you better quit before you fall too deep.
Yes, learning from own losses must be hurting to any traders. That is the reason here many professional traders keep on suggesting to go for paper trading before hitting live markets.
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 06:34:33 PM

I think it's very hard to do short term trading with e-coins. I think you should try to buy some (not margin trading, just buy them), and hold them.
Invest in solid coins like ether, or just buy some BTC if you can. Doing margin trade, or trying to get some fast profit in the short term is like gambling, at least for me. I probably don't have enough knowledge to do it, but at least buying coins and holding them is working for me right now, and I would get some decent profit if I sold them right now, but I will continue to hold.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

CardShare

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2017, 06:39:17 PM

https://Investex.Pro  - Green Mining Operations & Mining Store...
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 12:58:44 PM

LOL the most regrettable thing you can do is to give up on something because you failed in it or lose. Almost all traders lose money and if you're trading you have to accept that as a fact. Having little composure will make you think that trading is not for you once you lose but good traders who already had a lot of money would tell you otherwise.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2017, 01:24:07 PM

God! Who told you to sell ETH at BTC0.077? Right now it is going at BTC0.143! Had to held on to your Ether tokens, then you would have got almost 100% ROI. Trading requires a great deal of patience. But don't feel heart broken. You can still try trading alts. Who knows what will happen the next time? Perhaps you will be able to recover all the losses.
btclady

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 06:47:23 AM

For me it also sounds just like you don't have a professional strategy you should be sticking to. You should never decide about a trade out of your stomach. Losing patience for instance is a typical indicator for beeing an emotional trader, and that's the mistake that makes 99% of poeple lose when trying to trade. I'd highly recommend to stop trading and first learn it theoretically. otherwise you'll lose it all for sure, like with playing a slot machine..  Embarrassed
jamyr

Activity: 1764
Merit: 373

<------

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 07:08:25 AM

God! Who told you to sell ETH at BTC0.077? Right now it is going at BTC0.143! Had to held on to your Ether tokens, then you would have got almost 100% ROI. Trading requires a great deal of patience. But don't feel heart broken. You can still try trading alts. Who knows what will happen the next time? Perhaps you will be able to recover all the losses.

You can't blame the OP because he is kinda new to this venture, especially if the money he put in is something he can't afford to lose. I'd say, maybe you lost 40% but the learnings you got from it is more than the money.

New Bitcointalk Talkshow Video(Aug 2023). Bitcointalk discussion
My bitsler ref link bitsler.com
deddod

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 01:49:32 AM

I suggest you to sell it. Unless you have lots of btc to backup your losses. There are many other coins that are more potentially profitable to be traded.

▄█▄
   ██▀  ▄█▄
  ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
 ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
▐█▌  ▄█▀  ▄▀
██   ██  
██   ██  
██   ██  
▐█▌  ▀█▄  ▀▄
 ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
  ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
   ██▄  ▀█▀
    ▀█▀
████
▀▀▀▀
▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▐████
▀▀     ▄▄▄▄▄▀██████████▐████
▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████▀ ▀▄▄▄     ▐████
▀▀     ▄▀███▄▄▄▄       ▐████
▄▄   ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▐████
▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▐████
▄▄   ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▐████

▀▄▄▀▀▀  ██████           ▐████
██████▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████

▄▄  ████▀▄██████████▐████
▀▄▄▀▀▀▀ ▄████████████▐████
BIDIUM       ▄█▄
   ▄█▄
  ▀██

▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
  ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▐█▌
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
  ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▐█▌
 ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▄██
▄▀
  ▄█▀  ▄██
   ▀█▀
  ▄██
       ▀█▀

Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 03:44:48 AM

There is no need to feel depressed or discouraged. You can't expect to profit out from trading everytime. Sometimes you incur losses, and sometimes you get profits. If you don't want to incur losses beyond a certain limit, then I would advice you to trade after setting strict targets and stop-loss values.
roshidnahdi

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 03:28:34 PM

I suggest you to sell it. Unless you have lots of btc to backup your losses. There are many other coins that are more potentially profitable to be traded.

Indeed it is the risk of a trade, sometimes loss sometimes profit, all you can do is set a target and quickly decide whether you want to take it off or hold it, one day will go up or down without any warning.

Whitepaper  ⚫  ⚫   ⧯ Multi-Wallet   ⧯ Exchange   ⧯ Merchant Platform   ⚫  ⚫      ⧉ ICO Details
        ⚫  ⚫     ⚫  ⚫    ░░▒▒▒▓▓ ⧫ COSS.IO - Crypto One Stop Solution ⧫ ▓▓▒▒▒░░     ⚫  ⚫    ⚫  ⚫
    ░░▒▒▓ COSS Token - An ERC20 based Token - revenue generating cryptocurrency ▓▒▒░░
Singwala

Merit: 260

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 03:55:52 PM

Lossing in trading is always by your side. If you don't have patience and knowledge on crypto currency
I Suggest you to stop trading.

Knowledge - Always read news, do research before you buy
Patience - the capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting angry or upset

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
susila_bai

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 04:03:06 PM

Lossing in trading is always by your side. If you don't have patience and knowledge on crypto currency

Patience - the capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting angry or upset

Perfectly said in trading if you cannot accept the loss then it is better to leave it, trading is not that you will always win but their are some time when we have to accept loss also. But if you have capacity to hold then you wont be in loss also only thing is you have to keep patience and in low you have to average it so that on next up movement you can sell in profit immediately
DevilSlayer

Activity: 1414
Merit: 358

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 04:21:09 PM

For me, you should stop trading now. You loss 40% of your money and that percentage is very big loss to your money. The meaning of your loss is to stop to trade now. You are not yet ready to the trading world. Just study the trading cycle first.
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1667

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 04:29:51 PM

Perfectly said in trading if you cannot accept the loss then it is better to leave it, trading is not that you will always win but their are some time when we have to accept loss also. But if you have capacity to hold then you wont be in loss also only thing is you have to keep patience and in low you have to average it so that on next up movement you can sell in profit immediately

Its really part of trading. But some people can't take it. So as others have said, if you can't take it then leave and find other ways how to earn btc or altcoins. I myself has felt frustration from my trading loses but I just take it like a man and live another day and not think it. I try to stay positive and leave it my losses behind.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 04:41:24 PM

If you're in loss position, better to keep hold rather than sold it so make sure that your coin are not scam/bad project ( check their feedback before try to invest )
Trading usually make profit easier than gambling so if you still want to make profit, just keep do it

For me, you should stop trading now. You loss 40% of your money and that percentage is very big loss to your money. The meaning of your loss is to stop to trade now. You are not yet ready to the trading world. Just study the trading cycle first.

People must loss if they want to success on the future

Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: