Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 08:42:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Loss almost 40%, should stop trading or not ?  (Read 32504 times)
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 12:26:12 AM

losses of up to 40% for a while better stop first. finding and thinking about how to get 40% loss will be better than having to stop forever.
but back to themselves whether it is still trying to get the mdalnya back or give up.
Yeah.  and its part of growing were you can see a pro trader that he or she doesn't step on the road that he almost lost his money not only 40%. We all step and face struggles in particular in trading which is not truly easy and stoping for a while will be a help to cooldown your mind and emitions to a better after incase you realize and spot your mistakes.

Right. Hopefully that 40% is of a small amount only becuase you're just starting. People can really lose heart losing big amounts but that determine if you're going to be successful in that field or not. Your ability to bounce back from such setbacks
40% is nothing compare for the people or traders who lose a lot of money but they are still doing it. It is not all about the percentage of loss but your percentage to continue whatever happen in your life. Do not give up and always try hard because if you are always trying hard then you will get used to it and you will not notice that you are now doing it so good and you are not almost getting any losses.
Haha if you are magin trader like me, loss 40% your funds really nothing with me or other margin trader on market, because the profit and the risk when margin trading we also know very high. Although until today I do not continue margin trade but I still exchange normal on market, because I need improve my skills and knowledge before try margin again.
I don't do margin trading, all i do is normal kind of trading where i go to bittrex and trade altcoins to bitcoins and so on until my bitcoin grows at least 10x and then i withdraw it to get the capital back and also some of the profits and i just left the base capital and trade again but sometimes trading is not good to me and sometimes i got wiped out from trading but i am still trading because i treat those losses as a learning fee.
yndye

Activity: 616
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 12:49:44 AM

Trading with btc - eth, I buy too high ( 0,082 ) and today I sell all on 0,077. Before that trade btc - ripple ( xrp ), make mistake buy 0,0002150 so today I sell with price 0,0001200. I decide to sell all because my patience is finish. I have loss almost 40% from my money, my question is simple ................. stop or continue?

I lost more than half of my trading account capital before and I did not stop trading. I just accept it and its part of the trading journey. I think every trader loss some time in their career and its part of the learning process. We learn our lessons when we lose and its during that time we can test ourselves if we can be trader or not. I guess this is what others said that not every one can become a trader because it needs patience and if you are short of that then you may find other source of income because you may end up badly if you can't change that kind of attitude towards trading.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████████▄
██████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀  █████████████
███████████▄▄█▀  ▄███▀   █████████
█████████████  ▄███▀      ██████████
▄████████████████▀        ███████████▄
██████████████▀          ▄████████████
███████████▀             █████████████
████████▀               ██████████████
████████▄              ███  ██████████
▀██████████████        ██  █▀ ███████▀
███████████████      ██▀ ▄█ ▄███████
██████████████     ███  █  ███████
██████████████   ▄██  █▀ ███████
▀████████████▄ ▄█████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████████████████▄
████████      ████████
██████████████████████
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██████████▀▀██████████
████████▀    ▀████████
████████▄    ▄████████
▀█████████▄▄█████████▀
  Download on the
App Store

GET IT ON
Google Play
  ●  FACEBOOK
●  TWITTER
●  TELEGRAM
neowne

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 01:11:53 AM

Trading with btc - eth, I buy too high ( 0,082 ) and today I sell all on 0,077. Before that trade btc - ripple ( xrp ), make mistake buy 0,0002150 so today I sell with price 0,0001200. I decide to sell all because my patience is finish. I have loss almost 40% from my money, my question is simple ................. stop or continue?

i would recommend to hold coins, daytrading is very hard and you can make mistakes if you are not experineced with it
Exotica111

Activity: 157

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 01:53:19 AM

For me it is better to continue because it is just a part of trading and everyone is experiencing loses but because of loses you earn a knowledge that helps you to have a strategies in trading. Trading is hard to understand in the beginning but easy to make a profit where you have a good strategies and analysis in trading.
ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 09:33:13 AM

Don't let it make you lose hope. Learn from it.
It is as much a part of peoples experience to misjudge and lose opportunity; we do it practically every day in some way. Some we know about, some we don't. Use it to improve your ability to see new opportunities that are ALWAYS flowing your way.
putrisa

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 10:54:38 AM

actually you just need to be patient do not get hurt the price drops let alone decide to sell at cheap prices, you should hold the coin, and I recommend do not stop for trading, plan to restore your losses of 40%, buy coin XRP again and sell in price 22k again see some years to come will surely get there again
waris

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 11:23:57 AM

Stay continur if buy becouse bitcoin always up
AweJohn

Activity: 139

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 02:13:32 PM

Well I don't know if you are still around, but since may until now, I know you would of made your money back and more just by leaving it in BTC .
Hope you did that...
mast3rm1nd

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 02:23:24 PM

instead of trading use a pen and paper and see what would happen if you bought or sold at that price; hopefully this will teach you to look at the bigger picture.

FANCHAIN  (by SportsCastr) [FORBES]  Backed by Former NBA Commissioner  DAVID STERN
ANN Thread Telegram Twitter Whitepaper
NOW LIVE!
melter

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 02:27:40 PM

Well I don't know if you are still around, but since may until now, I know you would of made your money back and more just by leaving it in BTC .
Hope you did that...
If he get out crypto world in May. maybe now he is blame himself

Babyrica0226

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 02:56:24 PM

if you already loss 40% that's a huge amount of losses. Well, you better stop you can go back on another day. Who knows when you comeback it will be your luck day.
devrawal93

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 03:40:39 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2017, 04:26:50 PM by devrawal93

STOP THERE NOW !  Loss of 40% is already a big percentage of loss. you should never make a loss of 40% at a single trade .first of all Practice your trading skills atleast for 3 to 4 months on Demo account and if there you getting good profits then you go for Trading live account with minimum amount you can afford to loose at any circumstances. In trading you should keep one thing in your mind,  YOU DONT WANT TO BE TRUE, BUT YOU NEED TO BE SURE ALL THE TIME , i follow these lines on every single trade i take. Cool Smiley
dr blowfin

Activity: 186
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 03:59:00 PM

I keep most of my crypto in Bitcoins.
I just trade in small amounts.
Big trades are too stressful for me.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
evader11

Activity: 434

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:05:13 PM

Don' stop sir because that's part of your experience as a trader. You are not becoming a real trader if you are not experience on losing money especially on quiting in trading. You can learn on what you had mistaken sir until you succeed because after that you will know the tricks and strategies in trading.

juri543

Activity: 35

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 06:04:49 PM

you stop. you've already broken all the rules, as you're trading with emotion. Neither Rome nor fortunes were built in a day.

They told you all in a second post. Have you quit or recover the money? I am curious Shocked!
knightmairesaint

Activity: 490
Merit: 262

privacy preserving smart contracts and beyond

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 11:36:05 PM

Don' stop sir because that's part of your experience as a trader. You are not becoming a real trader if you are not experience on losing money especially on quiting in trading. You can learn on what you had mistaken sir until you succeed because after that you will know the tricks and strategies in trading.

You are right, he shouldn't stop trading because he loss 40%. It can serve as a lesson and a good experience for him in trading. Trading is a good source of profit but of course, there are times that the trade will be as good as the previous trading transactions. One must know how risky it isbto trade. It is not good to assume because if it is not granted you will just be disappointed.

I have loss more than 50% of profit because of panic selling and bad trading. What I did is accept it an move on and treats it as a good life and trade lesson.

d█████                      d███████  ,o██████
                   d█████[                    ,█████████ d████████
                   d█████[                   ,██████P'' d█████
                   d█████[                   ██████'   d█████
                   d█████[                  ,██████    d█████
  _▄▄▄████████████bd█████Y██████L     ,█████████████████████[,d▄██▄
 ▄████████████████bd█████ Y██████b   d██████████████████████fY██████
██████P"P██████"""'d█████  ` ██████.d█████ PY█████PPPPP█████[ `▀██▀
█████    `█████[   d█████   ` ███████████ ' ]█████    d█████
█████    ,█████[   d█████     Y█████████P   ]█████    d█████
██████ooo█████P    d█████      Y███████P    ]█████    d█████
 Y███████████P     d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
  `"P█████P'       d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
  _oo█████oo_      d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
 d███████████
██████P"Y█████
█████     █████
''''     ,█████
ooooooooo█████
█████████████
█████████▀▀

▬▬▬   is a decentralized internet
   platform delivering anonymous
   asset
transfers and data 
   privacy for smart contracts.

in
OUR SOLUTION : : :

This enables developers to include sensitive data in their
smart-contracts, directly on-chain.

██████████ █▄ 
██████████ ███▄
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████

█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN GLYFF

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
[
ReLieD

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:47:16 AM

Stopping something is not always a good option . What happens if you fail , there is always a solution to rectify your mistakes. Every mistake teaches you a lesson . Now you can't repeat the same mistake , so keep making mistakes and one day there would be no mistake left and you'll become perfect. This is the key to success

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█          ▄         ▄      ▄▄▄▄▄
█       ▄███      ▄███      █████
█        ████      ████     ▀▀▀▀▀
█         ████      ████
█          ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█           █████████████████████
█            ▀█████▄   ▀█████▄
█              ▀█████▀   ▀█████▀
█                 ▀▀        ▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
oxonhu

Activity: 336
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 05:15:21 PM

don't stop but be carefull , take lessons from your mistakes. all traders lose but importing thing is try to catch %51 succes , sell quick in bearish market and wait in bullish market Wink

misterbigg
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:28:35 PM

You are right, he shouldn't stop trading because he loss 40%. It can serve as a lesson and a good experience for him in trading. Trading is a good source of profit but of course, there are times that the trade will be as good as the previous trading transactions. One must know how risky it isbto trade. It is not good to assume because if it is not granted you will just be disappointed.

I have loss more than 50% of profit because of panic selling and bad trading. What I did is accept it an move on and treats it as a good life and trade lesson.

One get loss, only if he sells at loss..
if project is good, better to hold it
Emilyearl

Activity: 700
Merit: 105

APESWAP

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 10:42:55 PM

Don't stop trading. Work on risk management. Manage all your risk at 1% per trade. It will help. We all lose sometimes but our consistency and ability to learn from our mistakes makes us stand strong and survive. Happy trading.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: