Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:00:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Loss almost 40%, should stop trading or not ?  (Read 32499 times)
Mahanton

Activity: 2716
Merit: 632

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 01:22:31 PM

Trading with btc - eth, I buy too high ( 0,082 ) and today I sell all on 0,077. Before that trade btc - ripple ( xrp ), make mistake buy 0,0002150 so today I sell with price 0,0001200. I decide to sell all because my patience is finish. I have loss almost 40% from my money, my question is simple ................. stop or continue?

No you should not stop trading, that would be the worst decision that you will make. How would you regain those 40% loss if you quit trading, you need to win back that money. Losing momey is just a part of being a trader, now you have learned some lessons sp you would not do it again next time. Trading gives a lot of profit it just needs a lot of patience in holding some coins because not all coins are successful especially those coins that are not that famous. But as time goes by the value of it will rise. So in order to get that money back just continue trading
This is correct which losing money is always been part of trading specially when we are still new on this field.We do commit mistakes since we do easily panic when we saw price decrease and as being adviced we should not give up to early because theres always a lesson on each mistake we do made just be sure that you would really do your best not to commit those mistakes again and it will really benefit you on your future trades.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Synaesthesia

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 01:34:03 PM

Maybe you are not suitable for trading, you can try investing. Choosing Bitcoin and waiting until it goes up.
dsaijz03

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 02:19:07 PM

I think the reason why you lost is because you forgot that trading was all about techniques and stargecies, patience and trust. Please control your emotion it will destroy your focus instead. You can still work on it, just remember what you need in trading so that you can get back in the line.
rockyboy

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 02:34:55 PM

Dont stop in learning skills in trading by that you will never think of quiting.

███    TWITTER    UbcoinMarket   WHITEPAPER    ███ PARTNERSHIPS
███       ANN          EXCHANGE CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR REAL GOODS         MEDIUM       ███    SAMSUNG
███  TELEGRAM  WEBSITE      FACEBOOK     ███       FLY 
cinchin

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 04:21:36 PM

Trading with btc - eth, I buy too high ( 0,082 ) and today I sell all on 0,077. Before that trade btc - ripple ( xrp ), make mistake buy 0,0002150 so today I sell with price 0,0001200. I decide to sell all because my patience is finish. I have loss almost 40% from my money, my question is simple ................. stop or continue?

No you should not stop trading, that would be the worst decision that you will make. How would you regain those 40% loss if you quit trading, you need to win back that money. Losing momey is just a part of being a trader, now you have learned some lessons sp you would not do it again next time. Trading gives a lot of profit it just needs a lot of patience in holding some coins because not all coins are successful especially those coins that are not that famous. But as time goes by the value of it will rise. So in order to get that money back just continue trading
This is correct which losing money is always been part of trading specially when we are still new on this field.We do commit mistakes since we do easily panic when we saw price decrease and as being adviced we should not give up to early because theres always a lesson on each mistake we do made just be sure that you would really do your best not to commit those mistakes again and it will really benefit you on your future trades.
- Yeah, loss is a normal thing in trading, every time we lose, it will be an experience and a lesson for us, help us succeed in the next trade, if the loss is too great, it will engrave in our minds and make us unforgettable, it will always remind and we will not make the same mistakes.
- And really if you lose nearly 40%, you should stop but it is only temporary for a short period of time, you should use that time to think about mistakes, analyze the reasons and keep your emotions calm, then return, continue trading, loss will not be too scary if you dare to face it, but if you do not overcome the fear of loss, you will never be able to succeed.
Laergan

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 04:39:25 PM

Patience is a virtue. If the OP kept his original investment and didnt sell at the dump back in May, he would be extremely happy with his investment right now. Sure, it would've taken 6 months, but its much better to wait then to lose 40% investment. Trust that BTC will go up and face severe losses, but in the end, if you have trust in the blockchain and BTC technology, you will always come out ahead.
infinity33

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:27:49 PM

for me i think that giving up early in trading while you have loss is not a good thing and we should not stop because as far as i know as trader you have to conquer all the struggles that can be happen that you can encounter be patient and wait for the right time.
LifeRacer

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:13:45 PM

NO.Dont be a FUD man, allows rum together!Crypto will guideline the world.Allows distribute it.If price is slipping, only one way: HODL
1L0v3

Activity: 57

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:21:22 PM

stop trading, start investing - patience, research and dedication as well as risk management are your friends
BlockchainReserve

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 12:00:50 AM

First you need to learn how to lose in order to learn how to win.
Senja Kemuning

Activity: 553
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:59:27 AM

stop trading, start investing - patience, research and dedication as well as risk management are your friends

Maybe investing is better than trading, needed a good analysis for trading, if not then we will lose until all runs out, I've experienced several times trading altcoin vs bitcoin and loss, then I was just tempted by the hectic discussion that occurred in the chat room.

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
TomUyamot

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:06:04 AM

My advice to you is that you have to stop once and for all your nonsensical emotional reaction. Reading your post, it sucks! You know very well that you are losing and then you still decided to sell them? What were you thinking when you did that? I suppose you went nuts. And then you also knew that they were at a high price and you bought them but you turned emotional when their prices dip. Are you serious? A little common sense is all you need, man. Without that, you better stop.
newelllamo

Activity: 46

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 01:06:16 AM

Charge to experience and go on. This time equip yourself with some reading, invest in knowledge first before you roll out. Basic Trading skills is a must if you really want in into trading, you loose money because you go in without even knowing where you put your money to. Basic principle when you trade against btc pair is when bitcoin goes up/down altcoin goes down. Only when bitcoin price goes sideways or steady that altcoins are bullish. So there are times that bitcoin dominates the market in 40-55days so just imagine what it can do to altcoins...all are red. So you must be aware about that and don't get impatient because when you invest in solid alts it will recover soon and with profit. Buying low and sell high is so simple but how can you know that it is already the lowest or already peak? Technical Analysis (TA) and Fundamental Analysis (FA) is require in this and some tips from twitter trading guru's would suffice while you study on your own.
hersey27

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 01:26:33 AM

You need to learn how to be smart when it. Comes to trading......
Coz in a way thar you do it seems really far away from trading that was more like
Gambling...you wanted to earn back more than wet you invest . then start to be smart
And do it right ..
EleVen7

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:41:21 AM

You should not stop trading. Just be patient because first of all, once you start trading, you take the risk of losing your money but as far as i know, trading nowadays have higher chances of gaining your money if you put time and effort plus some strategies.
wayaneka

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 02:25:04 AM

I think You should stop trading at the moment and learn again what wrong with your trading plan. And if you have new strategy and new risk management, you can try again to trade. I think you should be determine amount of take profit and amount of stop loss during trading, for example stop loss 20% and take profit 30%, so this strategy will help to get consistent profit.

BariaczRoni

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:34:03 AM

You should not stop trading. Just be patient because first of all, once you start trading, you take the risk of losing your money but as far as i know, trading nowadays have higher chances of gaining your money if you put time and effort plus some strategies.
I think he should stop trading and start holding. Trading without learning cant make you rich, but holding without knowing may make you rich. I suggest all newbie to crypto should start holding coin.
XFlowZion

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:13:58 AM

Continue because those are long term coins and it's too early to give up because real traders never quit.
Misshi

Activity: 247

Decentralized Continuous Audit&Reporting Protocol

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:06:07 AM

Why stop? Everybody gets loss with their money. As long as you haven't sold yet your coins even its dump, it's not yet a loss rather an unrealized loss. Trading is very risky but everybody gets loss. Just be careful on riding the flow so that you won't end up broke or wrecked. Control your emotion and study the chart carefully.

Jack353

Activity: 87

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:08:52 AM

Yes, you should stop trading... at least until you learn how to trade. Trading is not easy and it requires a lot time, skill, and patience. The learning curve is some-what large- it can take anywhere between two weeks to two years to fully learn how to trade (properly). You should first learn the basics of the markets (how they work, what influences the prices, market caps, etc.), then you should begin to learn trading strategies. Finally, you should master complex chart and market analysis while you apply your skills to the market by paper trading (writing down your trades on paper and not actually buying or selling anything so you can test your skills without losing).

Good luck and stay safe! Tongue
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: