Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:55:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Loss almost 40%, should stop trading or not ?  (Read 32499 times)
tranle789

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 02:33:16 PM

You should try harder and find yourself a trading course as this can help you be better because each person will give you a little knowledge and if you accumulate many you will have many new strategies in business.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lumada

Activity: 520
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 03:34:17 PM

You should try harder and find yourself a trading course as this can help you be better because each person will give you a little knowledge and if you accumulate many you will have many new strategies in business.
Well , trading is not just a matter to give up easily everyone did lose at start thats how it really goes and I guess many experienced it and conquered it and earning fine now as day trader, in time and practice you'll surely will be able to make it/

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
ukboss

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 04:16:50 PM

Why you sell coin ? You should wait for someday because market is very ups and down so you must have a patience. If you see you lose money around  40% but on this time you make a just rest, it's again pump so just wait and see this market price.
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:24:23 AM

a loss in trading is a very common thing, make it an experience and do not give up just because of a small loss, you can make a profit in the future after getting a loss now Wink
because I am also the same, I am new in the world of trading and often get a loss and I will never give up Cool
Never give up because if you give up you will not find the true result. Before when I started trading I lose some bitcoin because I dont have a lot knowledge but I tried to trade again and here Im now I earned weekly because of that. Try and try until you succeed dont be afraid if you lose some bitcoin the important is you learned.
katrimans

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 08:22:14 AM

Trading with btc - eth, I buy too high ( 0,082 ) and today I sell all on 0,077. Before that trade btc - ripple ( xrp ), make mistake buy 0,0002150 so today I sell with price 0,0001200. I decide to sell all because my patience is finish. I have loss almost 40% from my money, my question is simple ................. stop or continue?

Do not stop, that is just a part of being a trader, knowing that you are just starting in this business. Some people even lose a hundred percent but still continuing to trade because the wanted to win back that lose. And for you my friend, you do not wanted to just cut off your loss because that is a big money 40% but if you still continue to trade and you got the right strategies you might win back double of that price so if you wanted to be successful just do not quit because that will be wasting an opportunity. Trading is an easy one you just need a lot of patience.
It is necessary to study about the interest of the people, it is expected that s the hardfork is cancelled so the price of bitcoin will drop a little, but it will not continue for along time and we are also not expecting any panic selling, because still bitcoin price can increasing too much and on other side the traders are also giving good support to bitcoin, therefore bitcoin price will again get is potion  back very soon.
bubble pop

Activity: 265

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 08:39:07 AM

Trading with btc - eth, I buy too high ( 0,082 ) and today I sell all on 0,077. Before that trade btc - ripple ( xrp ), make mistake buy 0,0002150 so today I sell with price 0,0001200. I decide to sell all because my patience is finish. I have loss almost 40% from my money, my question is simple ................. stop or continue?

No buddy do not atop trading because that is the one that will make you rich trust me.  You can recover that 40% fall when you knew the right strategies just for you because we all have different strategies. If you now have the experience and the knowledge about the proper style you have you can now regain those money you lost and you can gain more if you really wanted to but if you do not wanted to do tradings anymore I have nothing to say you cannot do properly anything that you never wanted to do. I am just saying that ive been there before at your shoes so I am now used to that kind of thing.
Allisgrace

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 08:46:10 AM

If you gonna enter the trading world you must be ready to face all your emotions especially in money matters. You must be ready about waiting, waiting patiently is the key to earn more profit.
richcorner100

Activity: 616

https://exip.live/

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 08:55:34 AM

I think you should be stop a few day then learn and review your mistake in trading. After find it, learn and review it then you can continue trading with new strategy and new risk management. My opinion your mistake is not use stop loss, before trading should be decide the amount of stop loss and take profit, for example stop loss 15% and take profit 25% and also use daily chart so more accurate to decide when buying and selling.

EXIP PROJECT
A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram⬝   Facebook ⬝  Medium    ─────── 
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1131

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:04:03 AM

I think you should be stop a few day then learn and review your mistake in trading. After find it, learn and review it then you can continue trading with new strategy and new risk management. My opinion your mistake is not use stop loss, before trading should be decide the amount of stop loss and take profit, for example stop loss 15% and take profit 25% and also use daily chart so more accurate to decide when buying and selling.
Or even he didnt tend to put stoploss after all and i do presume that he did make a panic sell when he saw that prices are already dropping. Lossing 40% is serious loss which we would really panic if we saw our capital is slowly depleting and times that we wont know already on what we gonna do. As being suggested have a break and analyse your mistakes and see where you did make a wrong decision to commit such loss. Any mistakes should really be learned off later on and we should expect losses to since theres no perfect trader on this world.

Aming amirudin

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:17:55 AM

temporarily pause for a while ... calm the mind of emotional control is necessary .. find the right time and momentum continue the trading
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 09:18:14 AM

It depends if you can still trade even with that loss. Some people lose faith in their self when they lose an amount like that and consider quitting but others move on and get over it and then learn the reason why he lose and trade again. In depends on the two what is your position regarding trading. Just always remember that all people lose because no one is perfect. Even the professional traders nowadays are noob before and I am sure they also lose because in that way they learn the lesson and develop more their self and know what aspects they are good at and for their weaknesses, they find a way to make it their strength. Not all can be traders because it is really risky and if you can't control your emotions then it would be better to remain an investor.

Tashi

Activity: 391

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:40:12 AM

It is not good to stop loss in bitcoin trade. Because for as we all know bitcoin will boom always, so why you are stop losing your trade?

Well, let me tell you a good strategy on this one, you should go condensing your portfolio in order for your loss will stay low.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
hynext

Activity: 350
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 06:40:38 PM

It's up to you, but i suggest you to stop your trading career. Your strategy in trading is opposite to many players, buy low and sell high. The number one of trading is money and the second is a lot of patience. You lost you strategy because you want to make more profit and you're trading with emotion. That's is a big mistake of a trader. So i stay away to trading because i have no patience.
yrreg ger

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 07:33:25 PM

Or even he didnt tend to put stoploss after all and i do presume that he did make a panic sell when he saw that prices are already dropping. Lossing 40% is serious loss which we would really panic if we saw our capital is slowly depleting and times that we wont know already on what we gonna do. As being suggested have a break and analyse your mistakes and see where you did make a wrong decision to commit such loss. Any mistakes should really be learned off later on and we should expect losses to since theres no perfect trader on this world.

I had loss almost 50% income and I  didn't stop because I know that the problem is within me an not with trading. I was just enjoying  earning bitcoin but I thought of trying out new things so I entered altcoin and trading.  Being a newbie trader I also made a mistake of panic  selling when I saw that the price is dropping and that was when I loss a huge profit.  But that didn't stop me from trading,  what I did is I accepted my failure and treat it as a learning experience.

You could also do the same thing. After all,  the market price of bitcoin is on pump again. 
AndrewKrypto

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:44:57 PM

I guess everyone has problems at the start,you just should learn !
Vongola

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 11:48:04 PM

It is not good to stop loss in bitcoin trade. Because for as we all know bitcoin will boom always, so why you are stop losing your trade?

Well, let me tell you a good strategy on this one, you should go condensing your portfolio in order for your loss will stay low.
OP wasn't doing bitcoin trade. But he did ETH trade and some altcoins, unfortunatelly for him price of the altcoins he traded are falling.
He did managed his portofolio by divide his money to some altcoins, but still, he wasn't lucky
metribitcoin

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 01:40:51 AM

I think you should be stop a few month, then learn your mistake . Then just make investment in strong fundamental coin like BTC, ETH, DASH, WAVES . By hold good coin will be more profitable than altcoin trading and less risk. But for the altcoin use pair with USDT and dont use pair with BTC because the price of BTC strong uptrend. And if you feel  have better strategy and better trading plan, you can continue to trading but use only 10% from your fund to reduce the risk.
GeniusAko

Activity: 434
Merit: 117

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 04:38:01 AM

No! It is a bad idea! do not stop trading! I can say that it is part of being trader when you lose some of your money. Your mistakes can increase your knowledge about trading. Continue the trading for you to become rich.
khalifa25

Activity: 242

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 07:55:02 AM

for me my  advice is Dont go with your emotion Calculate the instance and have more patience Its like a game try to be more strategic Dont stop trading, Its normal to lose but learn from the things that you already experienced and make sure you wont do it again in agian .
ZeidFreak

Activity: 200

Macho Gwapito ako!

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 08:21:47 AM

me i lost 70% of my earnings because of bad decision in trading.. but im not losing hope still. i know i can get it back.. try and try until you succeed.. you lose when you give up.. so never give up.. success is in front of you Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: