Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 01:22:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinLab suing MtGox for $75 milliion?  (Read 19414 times)
Inedible

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 01:16:47 AM

Amazing!

This news has helped stabilise the price on Mt. Gox.

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 01:17:23 AM

Trouble with that document is it's hard to verify it's authenticity.

And based on the terms alleged in the complaint it appears that MtGox's attorneys would be grossly negligent and extremely poor negotiators. Thus, most likely fake and simply someone trolling and Gawker going after page views. Also, no court stamp and not showing up in PACER.

Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 01:21:40 AM

Trouble with that document is it's hard to verify it's authenticity.

And based on the terms alleged in the complaint it appears that MtGox's attorneys would be grossly negligent and extremely poor negotiators. Thus, most likely fake and simply someone trolling and Gawker going after page views. Also, no court stamp and not showing up in PACER.

And the story breaks at the last possible moment before a long weekend in Japan.
Inedible

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 01:24:26 AM

And the story breaks at the last possible moment before a long weekend in Japan.

Europe's in bed too and hasn't all of US just closed (after 5PM)?

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 01:24:34 AM

Interestingly I just tried to log in to my Mt. Gox account and nothing happens.

I don't often log in since I don't do any trading, but I've used this same machine before without problems.  I guess it's off to the 'service' board to see if others are having similar difficulties.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Inedible

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 01:25:34 AM

I don't often log in since I don't do any trading, but I've used this same machine before without problems.  I guess it's off to the 'service' board to see if others are having similar difficulties.

I'm logged in fine if that makes you feel any better.

Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 01:26:56 AM

You both in US/Canada?
Inedible

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 01:27:29 AM

You both in US/Canada?

UK

Inedible

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 01:27:59 AM

I'm unable to login

To be fair I logged in about 40 mins before the news broke.

repentance (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 01:28:38 AM

no court stamp on the Doc that I can see

There's a case number at the top and it looks like the court accepts electronic filing.

If it's a troll, it's one into which someone with legal knowledge put a lot of effort.  It refers to aspects of the agreement which were not public knowledge.

Not even "before".  Its almost 24 hours since business closed for the long weekend.  It's Friday in Japan now and it's a holiday today - as is Monday.  The 4 day holiday weekend is already underway.

It's sure as hell going to make Bitcoin Foundation board meetings uncomfortable.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Epinnoia

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 01:31:37 AM

I'm also from the USA and unable to log into MTGox at this moment.  Clicking on the yellowish "Login" button, after entering my username and password, does absolutely nothing.  No error message.  Nothing to even confirm or deny having received the request.  I was logged in earlier today without any problems.  Weird.  

If MTGox doesn't have enough money to pay any award, are we looking at a Cyprus-like event?  Will MTGox take what it needs from depositors? 

My guess is that MTGox is worried about a mass transfer of coins out of their deposit coffers...

My first miner -> ATI 4550 (7.2 Mh/sec): 
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cryptospeculators/
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 01:31:47 AM

If real, the complaint should be available at http://www.pacer.gov/

*edit*

I couldn't locate the case on PACER.  I'll check again tomorrow.

It's on PACER, had to go directly to West Washington DC's site, and search 'Coinlab'. I just RECAP'd* the complaint so we can all read it (doc 1): http://ia601700.us.archive.org/8/items/gov.uscourts.wawd.192566/gov.uscourts.wawd.192566.docket.html

There's a much larger exhibits file, if anyone has a fresh PACER account and wants to RECAP it too. I don't want to go over my free PACER threshold.

The cover sheet is typically just court clerk business, uninteresting.

The Praecipe for Summons is the initial request by one side to ask the Clerk to issue a Summons to the other side in a lawsuit.

* https://www.recapthelaw.org/

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 01:34:38 AM

I'm also from the USA and unable to log into MTGox at this moment.  Clicking on the yellowish "Login" button, after entering my username and password, does absolutely nothing.  No error message.  Nothing to even confirm or deny having received the request.  I was logged in earlier today without any problems.  Weird. 
Double-confirmed, so almost certainly legit, and Mark seems to be implying guilt, heh.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 01:35:52 AM

/sub... Its cool to wake up at 3am in the morning and discover things.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
canton

Activity: 261
Merit: 285

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 01:36:14 AM

You both in US/Canada?

Me three (in USA). Can't login to MtGox. No error, nothing. Tried 6 different browsers, 2 different computers.
Inedible

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 01:37:19 AM

I'm also from the USA and unable to log into MTGox at this moment.  Clicking on the yellowish "Login" button, after entering my username and password, does absolutely nothing.  No error message.  Nothing to even confirm or deny having received the request.  I was logged in earlier today without any problems.  Weird.  

If MTGox doesn't have enough money to pay any award, are we looking at a Cyprus-like event?  Will MTGox take what it needs from depositors? 

My guess is that MTGox is worried about a mass transfer of coins out of their deposit coffers...

The site is working fine here and it's very responsive too.

just1nmc

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 01:38:42 AM

You both in US/Canada?

Me three (in USA). Can't login to MtGox. No error, nothing. Tried 6 different browsers, 2 different computers.

Same here (U.S.)

Seems to line up with the lack of trading over the last 10 minutes or so. 
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 01:39:22 AM

I'm in the US also.  Using chromium everything about the cert looks in order.

It would be interesting to know if anyone from outside the US (and our territorial possessions like Canada) is having the same issue.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
thebaron

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 01:42:39 AM

Can't get in either.
candoo

Activity: 602

Vertrau in Gott

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 01:43:01 AM

Dito Can't get in either.

Do they try to prevent panic selling?

Einer trage des andern Last, so werdet ihr das Gesetz Christi erfüllen.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: