Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 12:55:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Bars VS. coins What is better?
Bars - 78 (41.9%)
Coins - 108 (58.1%)
Total Voters: 186

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]New Crypto-Currency BAR!! BitBar consolidating your digital wealth  (Read 16878 times)
zdarkazn

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 04:17:24 PM

Similar to Silver BARS vs Silver COINS.  Wink I pick bars, because they're usually always worth more if you compare premium bars vs premium silver. For generic, ehh, about the same give or take a few
wmikrut

Activity: 631
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 04:19:15 PM

It's a trivial clone. It can be done on a weekend for a programmer familiar with forking bitcoin, maybe a few days more to get familiar with ppcoin. Most of your touted innovations were actually done by me, with ppcoin.

+1

Sunny was the first one so successfully implement POS in a coin.

I will NEVER ask for any kind of funds up front in a buy/sale of anything on bitcointalk.

BM-2cTFihJKmSwusMAoYuUHPvpx56Jozv64KK
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 04:27:24 PM

It's a trivial clone. It can be done on a weekend for a programmer familiar with forking bitcoin, maybe a few days more to get familiar with ppcoin. Most of your touted innovations were actually done by me, with ppcoin.

+1

Sunny was the first one so successfully implement POS in a coin.

And Yahoo was the first one to have a search engine. Sunny is a good developer and ppcoin is very innovative, but being SHAxxx kills the deal for me. Also I always wanted a high value per unit alt-currency.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
wmikrut

Activity: 631
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 04:30:02 PM

Not to get too far off topic ... but wasn't Netscape the first producer of a browser/search engine?   Wink

I will NEVER ask for any kind of funds up front in a buy/sale of anything on bitcointalk.

BM-2cTFihJKmSwusMAoYuUHPvpx56Jozv64KK
AlexMerced

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 06:01:56 PM

Not to get too far off topic ... but wasn't Netscape the first producer of a browser/search engine?   Wink

The difficulty and scarcity of these bars or coins only matter if the rest of the picture falls into place (vendors, exchanges, portable wallets, etc.)

Not saying it is bad or good, but I don't see how difficulty matters much, prices will adjust to the supply and demand for any particular coin, and in this particular case the demand is more important and demand will be fueled by infrastructure not the scarcity of the coin. If a coin is soooo scarce that very few people hold it I don't see the incentive to create infrastructure.

Quantity of money doesn't have much of an effect on an absolute value, but it can have an effect on incentives, for example

If currency A and B have the same difficult, same supply but B is in the hands of more individuals

I'd rather sell my goods with prices denominated in B because I open myself up to a larger market of people to sell to, despite the value of the currency itself being irrelevant (cause prices will adjust to it's value over time)

Although if a Coin has a difficulty so high that few people have it, and the few people that do hoard it then there is no incentive for vendors to sell goods in that currency, no market for an exchange to facilitate, and no reason to make the payment in that currency more convenient with portable wallets and such.

This is why PPcoin is so innovative, because of the way it distributes itself it'll result over time in the hands of more people opening up quite a market of people to sell to making worth going through the trouble of pricing goods in that currency (pricing good in a particular currency is in itself a service)

AlexMerced

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 06:03:09 PM

Bottom line: it's not about how little or how much money there is in nominal quantity that matters, but how many people have and want to use the money and who's willing to take it for what that determines it's value.

Caveat: although handing out money blindly without some effort creates a hazard that distort the structure of production leading to wasted resources, which is why the mining part is important that there is some effort enacted in it's creation to serve as a benchmark of value it's circulation... although making the required effort to high can be as counter productive as making it too easy.

TruCoin (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 06:13:20 PM

[ANN] BitBar exchange. trade in all your coins for gold BARS

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=194296.new#new

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 06:31:02 PM

No wonder gold is so worthless... Walmart doesn't price its goods in gold! Smiley

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
AlexMerced

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 06:52:57 PM

No wonder gold is so worthless... Walmart doesn't price its goods in gold! Smiley

-MarkM-

No, but it'd be worth more if they did actually, cause it would eliminate the transaction costs of exchange

If I could pay for goods in gold easier then it'd make more sense to have a larger holding of gold, and a smaller holding of USD, the demand to hold gold would increase quite a bit thus the price.

TruCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:55:48 PM

looks like BARS are still winning the BARS VS. Coins   Polling     Grin

collapse

Activity: 206
Merit: 102

step forward

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:59:35 PM

No wonder gold is so worthless... Walmart doesn't price its goods in gold!

Well, Wallmart doesn't price its goods in "PLN". "PLN" worthless?
All cryptocoins are based in false premise, bits are difficult; money are scarce. It's not true. This constraint have nothing to do with the nature of money:
-Liquidity
-Confidence, confidence could be expanded to credit.
-Reserve of value it's a merge of liquidity and confidence.
-Unit of account, simply math.

Fees, confirmations, blockchain and other "stones", sync, computer,...kill liquidity.
Confidence, what about confidence?

Difficult it's find gold in the river, people knowns, difficulty it's get meal (in some countries), ..., people knowns. Really people knowns? it's difficult point 40M/h at hour X to crypto currency Y, and gets Z coins/coupons.

Bitbar, like others, is a oximoron; no limit in imaginary world.
What the hell is "the byte gold bar"?
Wealth it's not related to one person (less to "special" bits), it's realted to society. You are rich, if people can offer you good  things that you need, for your money,...,

The usage of money it is the only thing that should trigger inflation. I think that no one of cryptocoins it's taking speed of money as parameter. And the other political concepts that money has, more complex that "scarce bits"; or "gold" "bar" bytes.

It's my opinion.

No liquidity no money

Elacoin-ELC,Betacoin-BET,Neutroncoin-NTRN,Americancoin-AMC,Stronghands-SHND,Craftcoin-CRC,DOGE,BCH,BTC,...,Bitcoin,...(and a lot more)
Linux updated wallets (source code) for: ELC, BET, AMC, NKT, SLING, CRC,...
[if (blocknumber > 115000) maxblocksize=largerlimit]   [I don't think the threshold should ever be 0.  We should always allow at least some free transactions.]
AlexMerced

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 08:08:49 PM

No wonder gold is so worthless... Walmart doesn't price its goods in gold!

Well, Wallmart doesn't price its goods in "PLN". "PLN" worthless?
All cryptocoins are based in false premise, bits are difficult; money are scarce. It's not true. This constraint have nothing to do with the nature of money:
-Liquidity
-Confidence, confidence could be expanded to credit.
-Reserve of value it's a merge of liquidity and confidence.
-Unit of account, simply math.

Fees, confirmations, blockchain and other "stones", sync, computer,...kill liquidity.
Confidence, what about confidence?

Difficult it's find gold in the river, people knowns, difficulty it's get meal (in some countries), ..., people knowns. Really people knowns? it's difficult point 40M/h at hour X to crypto currency Y, and gets Z coins/coupons.

Bitbar, like others, is a oximoron; no limit in imaginary world.
What the hell is "the byte gold bar"?
Wealth it's not related to one person (less to "special" bits), it's realted to society. You are rich, if people can offer you good  things that you need, for your money,...,

The usage of money it is the only thing that should trigger inflation. I think that no one of cryptocoins it's taking speed of money as parameter. And the other political concepts that money has, more complex that "scarce bits"; or "gold" "bar" bytes.

It's my opinion.

No liquidity no money

I think we are on the same page, gold and platinum have other uses other than as money which is why they still have value, but since very few places take gold for payment you don't see people carrying around gold coins for paying stuff anymore.

But I agree, scarcity is not what makes money valuable, it's how it functions as well... money

TruCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 10:13:32 PM

looks like coins are on the rise in the BARS VS. Coins poll !!!!

justabitoftime

Activity: 154

CoinTropolis

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 10:15:46 PM

Bars through the roof!

TruCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 10:24:28 PM

Bars through the roof!
+1  Grin

TruCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 12:44:24 AM

looks like a couple pools have been created for BitBar

mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1001

Instant cryptocurrency exchange with own reserves!

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 12:47:47 AM

What is the best pool for BitBar?

Since BitBar is based on NVC someone should adapt a successful NVC pool script...

▄▄███████
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████▄██████████▄
▄██████████▄████████████▄
█████████████████████████
████████▄████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀████████▐████████████▀
▀██████▐████████████▀
▀██████████████▀
███████▀▀

INSTANT 
██████████████████████
████████▀░░░░▀████████
█████▀░▄█▀▀█▄░▀█████
██████░▄▀░░░░▀▄░██████
██████░█░░░░░░█░██████
██████▄░▀▄▄▄▄▀░▄██████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████
███░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░███
██▌░▐█░░░░░░░░░░█▌░▐██
██░░░█░░░░▄▄░░░░█░░░██
███▄░█▌░░▀██▀░░▐█░▄███
██████▌░░░░░░░░▐██████
██████████████████████

NO KYC  OWN LIQUIDITY RESERVES  
 BTC 

ETH 

LTC 
 DOGE 

TRX  

BNB  
 TRC20 

ERC20 

BEP20 

SWAP NOW   
TruCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 01:17:18 AM

What is the best pool for BitBar?

Since BitBar is based on NVC someone should adapt a successful NVC pool script...

http://btb.binarycoins.eu/ seems to be the best pool so far for BitBar

TruCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 02:02:46 AM

0.7 BTB selling for 7-10 BTC at current rate i still believe you should hold your BTB due to the fact 1 BTB could equate to 10-100 BTC per 1 BTB

TruCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 02:47:53 AM

0.7 BTB selling for 7-10 BTC at current rate i still believe you should hold your BTB due to the fact 1 BTB could equate to 10-100 BTC per 1 BTB

+1 he he he

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: