Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:17:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GTX1080ti's: Better Options?  (Read 13505 times)
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2017, 05:43:24 PM

yeah, the NH miner is useful for the laymen, but not the best IMHO.

Basically, just grab the ccmineralexis78.exe file (as mentioned in my link), copy the batch file and paste it into a new .bat file with ccminer... and just update your BTC payout address and ID tag at the top of the batch.

If you don't want to run the manual batch, or multi-algo batch, you can simply use a string like this:

skienonly.bat
Code:
:start
ccminerAlexis78.exe -a skein -o stratum+tcp://skein.mine.zpool.ca:4933 -u 1PHSDYvVp6HpqtuUPocK41DrdeHbbezaeP -p i7-920-GPU,c=BTC,skein,stats
goto start

change "i7-920-GPU" to whatever you want your miner ID to be seen as (shows up on right pane in wallet page on zpool.ca) for easy ID of the miner connected (if you have multiple), and of course change the BTC address unless you feel like donating hash to my account Wink

I really love the manual batch though.   If another algo's coin value moons, i just log into my old website, and change the algo name in the text file.  No need to visit all my miners and update manually.

You can use the manual batch as-is with my URL;  as long as you don't mind being on-board with whatever algo I am mining currently Wink

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dt8666

Activity: 302
Merit: 102

Mining with noise and without noise is all possibl

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 10:55:20 PM

Basically, just grab the ccmineralexis78.exe file (as mentioned in my link), copy the batch file and paste it into a new .bat file with ccminer... and just update your BTC payout address and ID tag at the top of the batch.

If you don't want to run the manual batch, or multi-algo batch, you can simply use a string like this:

skienonly.bat
Code:
ccminerAlexis78.exe -a skein -o stratum+tcp://skein.mine.zpool.ca:4933 -u 1PHSDYvVp6HpqtuUPocK41DrdeHbbezaeP -p i7-920-GPU,c=BTC,skein,stats
goto start

change "i7-920-GPU" to whatever you want your miner ID to be seen as (shows up on right pane in wallet page on zpool.ca) for easy ID of the miner connected (if you have multiple), and of course change the BTC address unless you feel like donating hash to my account Wink

I really love the manual batch though.   If another algo's coin value moons, i just log into my old website, and change the algo name in the text file.  No need to visit all my miners and update manually.

You can use the manual batch as-is with my URL;  as long as you don't mind being on-board with whatever algo I am mining currently Wink

What is your experience on zpool? So many are commenting it"stealing"?
Do we have other pool that do good on skien for those that only have BTC wallet?
zer0k

Activity: 349
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 02:21:25 AM

Profits are constantly changing, so whenever you look them up on whattomine.com etc. you need to remember that is just the current profitability.

It's always just a snapshot, and can change by the minute, so an autoswitcher like nicehash may look like it's jumping to something less profitable but it's using it's own logic to determine whats best

jwarren81

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 04:22:18 AM

I've been using zpool for months with consistent daily payments.  It's very reliable.

Most of the instances I've seen of people complaining about them, simply didn't understand how the pool works.  Ask questions if you are unsure how things are working.

MiningPoolHub also has skein and can auto exchange to BTC.  It works differently than zpool since you point to your account and then configure things on their website to enable auto exchange and set your wallets.

Do we have other pool that do good on skien for those that only have BTC wallet?
VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 04:32:47 AM

Anyone here using this card http://www.ebay.com/itm/GIGABYTE-GeForce-GTX-1080-Ti-DirectX-12-GV-N108TGAMING-OC-11GD-11GB-352-Bit-GDDR-/292077280960?hash=item4401299ec0:g:LcEAAOSww3tY5O0d

if so whats your setup & settings?

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
dt8666

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 05:26:20 AM

I've been using zpool for months with consistent daily payments.  It's very reliable.

Most of the instances I've seen of people complaining about them, simply didn't understand how the pool works.  Ask questions if you are unsure how things are working.

MiningPoolHub also has skein and can auto exchange to BTC.  It works differently than zpool since you point to your account and then configure things on their website to enable auto exchange and set your wallets.

Actually I tried zpool and from the minded Bytecoin number and I comparing to the BTC value with Poloniex, I can see that it has 30% less. Not sure where are this 30% goes. Also have to pay for transfer fee too.

Really not sure. Might try out minipoolhub.

I am sure many experience minor can share what should be so we can cut short the learning. lol
jwarren81

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 05:39:49 AM

I don't know about any of that . . . I just know I've averaged $100 a day for the last 9 days, from two rigs on zpool.  I can't really argue with it.  Grin

Actually I tried zpool and from the minded Bytecoin number and I comparing to the BTC value with Poloniex, I can see that it has 30% less. Not sure where are this 30% goes. Also have to pay for transfer fee too.

I am sure many experience minor can share what should be so we can cut short the learning. lol
Storx (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 233

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 06:46:34 AM

I don't know about any of that . . . I just know I've averaged $100 a day for the last 9 days, from two rigs on zpool.  I can't really argue with it.  Grin

LOL, i just literally spent the last hour and half playing with setting up Zcash on Zpool, I finally got it running after not really knowing what i was doing at first.. but the rate was just god awful, it was saying i was only working at 90Sols/S

- GPUs Mining : 128 (Updated 3/7/18) // CPUs Mining : 19 (Updated 2/23/18)
jwarren81

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 06:59:44 AM
Last edit: June 01, 2017, 07:12:14 AM by jwarren81

Something's wrong with your setup then.  What are you running?  Cards?  Miner?  Overclock?

How long did you let the miner run?  It takes time for the hashrate stats on the pool to show full speed.  But if your miner is showing accepted shares and full speed, then the pool will reflect that after sometime.  Its basing the hashrate on submitted shares so it takes time to ramp up.

I get 420 sol/s with EWBF miner on GTX 1070's.  -25% TDP is my only adjustment on the cards.

Fired up my EWBF just to show:

From my zpool:

JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 07:27:18 AM

I have no issues with zpool really.  Just the typical random DDOS issues, or the recent payout bug that happened (I was personally un-effected, but everyone was taken care of).  Id say no more than any other pool would have.

remember;  the pool code itself picks which exchange to transfer and sell to... we can't make any assumptions where the coins were sold....

... you said you had to pay for a transfer fee as well;  zpool covers the TX fees, so I am unsure what you are getting at by this ....

Look at the spread of the coins mined.  often it's within the 10-30% range on alts... (I watch and make short plays on the market everyday now).  when you are shown a block reward;  I believe it shows the lowest market "sell" rate;  and (I believe) when it receives the funds back from the exchange, the pool corrects the estimates based upon what people actually paid for the coins.... but frankly, I don't know how often it does it, or under what conditions.  Grain of salt.  IT will take some serious researching of the pool code to fully understand how it works.

Holding the 24 hour graph of the DGB price from yobit over my pending balance graph;  you can see the same humps bumps and dips in the same time frames (almost) between the two graphs....   this is more than coincidence.  I saw it heavily when DGB went from 700 to ~400 a few days back.

Now, I bet this "estimation error" people see would not be near as prominent if the pool calculated everything based on the highest buy order, instead of the lowest sell order.... but again;  the market is in constant flux.

Also;  every time I do some spot calculations on 24 hour profitability based on my hashrate;  it tends to be pretty close to what I earned in the previous day....

What is your payout coin?

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Storx (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 07:42:21 AM

Something's wrong with your setup then.  What are you running?  Cards?  Miner?  Overclock?

How long did you let the miner run?  It takes time for the hashrate stats on the pool to show full speed.  But if your miner is showing accepted shares and full speed, then the pool will reflect that after sometime.  Its basing the hashrate on submitted shares so it takes time to ramp up.

I get 420 sol/s with EWBF miner on GTX 1070's.  -25% TDP is my only adjustment on the cards.

Fired up my EWBF just to show:

From my zpool:

I didnt try the EWBF miner, i tried the Nicehash nheqminer v. 0.3a, which was listed under benchmarks as the miners for multiple people on the 1080ti

dt8666

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 08:46:59 AM

EWBF is running for my Zotac Amp Extreme at 705-720 sol/s range.

So far i tried are point to hashnest. The reported rate fluctuate from 500+ to 700 range.

But if i run using Hashnest GUI, miner shows 685 sol/s. Website report fluctuate.
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 08:52:59 AM

interesting topic ...

we are rebuilding our test machine - 5 x gigabyte aorus 1080ti extreme - for full production in the coming days ...

we have been waiting on these high end cards for a long time - have tested - and they are beasts in the mining division ...

this machine is the blueprint for the others that will follow ...

#crysx

JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 09:14:13 AM

So far i tried are point to hashnest. The reported rate fluctuate from 500+ to 700 range.

But if i run using Hashnest GUI, miner shows 685 sol/s. Website report fluctuate.

It fluctuates because it's not dependent on a value calculated by the app, instead it's calculated by the share percentage/difficulty (miner reported values can easily be spoofed, etc).....  This in itself can add more error to the mix for sure.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 11:00:36 AM

2 x MSI Armor GTX 1080ti's (not overclocked)

1288Sol/s on Equihash for a return of $12.96/day

1288 sol/s??? how did you get that? my Zotac Amp Extreme 1080ti only shows with Nicehash with 685 range and with EBW is 705 range.

Amazing!

Did you miss the "2x" part?

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Storx (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 08:15:21 PM

Which mining pool are you running for that.. ? im still learning how to use the mining software outside of Nicehash.. its just so simple and has been stupid reliable so far..

VyprBTC

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 08:27:13 PM

interesting topic ...

we are rebuilding our test machine - 5 x gigabyte aorus 1080ti extreme - for full production in the coming days ...

we have been waiting on these high end cards for a long time - have tested - and they are beasts in the mining division ...

this machine is the blueprint for the others that will follow ...

#crysx

What risers are you using for the Aorus beasts? Also curious what PSU you're going to go with, I'm in the process of reconfig. as well.

Link please? Smiley Thanks.
scryed

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 11:53:52 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2017, 12:18:20 AM by scryed

skienonly.bat
Code:
goto start

I really love the manual batch though.   If another algo's coin value moons, i just log into my old website, and change the algo name in the text file.  No need to visit all my miners and update manually.

You can use the manual batch as-is with my URL;  as long as you don't mind being on-board with whatever algo I am mining currently Wink

Jared,

I'm having problems with the Alexis78 miner. Have you had this problem where the command prompt would lock up, gpu power would go down to 0% and it would stop mining until you hit the "enter" key? It happens every 30-60mins and it's really preventing me from using zpool.
Am I overclocking too much? The screenshot attached has it locked up and I didn't hit the "enter" key until 2 minutes later.

This is when I'm only mining skein with your .bat file.

http://imgur.com/jSX3MvH
http://imgur.com/EpdS7Ux

dt8666

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 12:50:48 AM

Which mining pool are you running for that.. ? im still learning how to use the mining software outside of Nicehash.. its just so simple and has been stupid reliable so far..

Apology,, typo error.. its Nicehash that I point it to. ops!

Now I trying with Skein and miningpoolhub. using 1080 and 970.
JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2017, 02:20:37 AM

skienonly.bat
Code:
goto start

I really love the manual batch though.   If another algo's coin value moons, i just log into my old website, and change the algo name in the text file.  No need to visit all my miners and update manually.

You can use the manual batch as-is with my URL;  as long as you don't mind being on-board with whatever algo I am mining currently Wink

Jared,

I'm having problems with the Alexis78 miner. Have you had this problem where the command prompt would lock up, gpu power would go down to 0% and it would stop mining until you hit the "enter" key? It happens every 30-60mins and it's really preventing me from using zpool.
Am I overclocking too much? The screenshot attached has it locked up and I didn't hit the "enter" key until 2 minutes later.

This is when I'm only mining skein with your .bat file.

Nope, first I've heard of that.

Try stock gpu settings.... there should be no reason for any input once the miner app is launched.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: