Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:41:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't invest in limited ICO's, Unlimited is the best way to go.  (Read 947 times)
franc0 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Hire me! Spanish translator and community manager!

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 08:35:09 PM

Limited ICOs are only monopolies, like Bassic Attention token.

BAT was limited so they would only accept a limited amount of 156,250 ETH. The ico Ran out in seconds for god sake. Also successful ICO should be unlimited and USD based, not ETH based. Mobilego was a succesful ICO, it was unlimited and it was USD based, everyone had the chance to jump in for weeks. Not stupid 20 seconds like BAT. Good luck with your monopoly BAT holders.

I'm a professional Spanish translator. Projects like WePower, Envion, Atlant, etc. Among others... are part of my portfolio. Hire me or sign me up as a bounty participant for your project!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 08:36:25 PM

Or you know, don't "invest" in ICO's in general.

Not your keys, not your coins!
franc0 (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 08:39:19 PM

Unless they are Unlimited, Time based and USD based.

I'm a professional Spanish translator. Projects like WePower, Envion, Atlant, etc. Among others... are part of my portfolio. Hire me or sign me up as a bounty participant for your project!
oaks05

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 08:58:12 PM

I like metals way of going about a capped ico, they are making it so you can only buy 5000 tokens per 15 minutes, granted someone can just make a bunch of address's and send from each one but it def makes it harder to eat up all the coins like what happen with BAT in such a short time.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 08:59:09 PM

BAT was limited so they would only accept a limited amount of 156,250 ETH. The ico Ran out in seconds for god sake. Also successful ICO should be unlimited and USD based, not ETH based. Mobilego was a succesful ICO, it was unlimited and it was USD based, everyone had the chance to jump in for weeks. Not stupid 20 seconds like BAT. Good luck with your monopoly BAT holders.

Come on, unlimited is really bad since you plan to build a car but you get enough money to build a rocket. Every crowdfunding should have a cap. Is a must.
ICOs as they are now have problems. How they will evolve is just matter of time. And we will see. I can happen that we will see many people in jail. It can happen none.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 10:12:09 PM

Come on, unlimited is really bad since you plan to build a car but you get enough money to build a rocket. Every crowdfunding should have a cap. Is a must.
ICOs as they are now have problems. How they will evolve is just matter of time. And we will see. I can happen that we will see many people in jail. It can happen none.

Limited ICOs are the new insta mine. Devs and insiders buy it all up and manipulate supply to drive up price and sell it all to everyone else for magnitudes more.

Total scams

golem, gnosis, rls all these super computer scam projects pulled that shit so many more are on to it now too.
Insta ico is a scam.

May as well do a 100% premine to themselves. Since they pay themselves with their own BTC then have full control of the supply.

Avoid let them keep their crap tokens to themselves. They only work because they keep pumping the price and sucking people in with fomo.

Well advertised and open ended. It is then for the community to decide fair value and stop investing past a certain point. After than then it is not worth buying from the ico or exchange.

I was going to create a Insta ICO thread of shit scams to avoid and keep in on page 1 here. Somebody should do this to ensure it is updated and people are aware of their scam tactics.

franc0 (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 12:06:58 AM

That would be a great idea cryptohunter.

What you mean? Mobilego was unlimited time based and end up raising 53million, the cap is 53million. Tokens will begin to worth 53 million / number of tokens.  

nicolas1979

Activity: 826
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 12:56:23 AM

That's your opinion but not mine, I have another one. For me, limited or not is depend on supply, demand, and speculation. As long price up and down there's profit we can get but must be careful when the price always goes down. Limited or not is just the way that coin can't be monopoly only by one person or corporate. Even currency has policy to limit their product, because if limitness they can't control it. Every coin has their future and we only try to get some profit from their future. Good luck to you.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Croin

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 12:57:51 AM

which ico is BAT Huh
layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 01:42:39 AM

I already stop buying ICOs, as many from them doesnt pump the time it enters the crypto exchange sites. Many ICOs drop more than 50% of its ICO price. So why bother rush buying ICOs if you can purchase them more cheaper in Polo, Bittrex, C-cex, etc.
gleeedle

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 04:27:42 AM

I agree with Oaks. I like the idea of putting a cap on amount you can buy at one time per address. Sure people will find a way around this by opening more wallets but at least it makes it more difficult for them and will slow it down a bit for others to get in. 
ApexEvo

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 05:10:39 AM

Why go for unlimited ICOs? They scream SCAM. If an ICO is limited that means they have usually shown plans for development based on real data and how much they think their business is going to cost to start and develop. Unlimited ICO is just like saying "I need to start a lemon stand business and I already have enough funds, but please give me all your money I definitely won't simply run away with them"

▄▄▄▄▄               ▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄██▀        ▀██▄    ▄██▀         ▀█▄
██▀            ▀██▄  ▀▀             ██
██               ▀██        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
██                ▀██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ██▄          ▄██   ▀██▄          ▄▄▄
  ▀██▄      ▄██▀      ▀██▄▄     ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀          ▀▀██████▀▀

Unchained Smart Contracts
Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.TWITTER.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TELEGRAM

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████     
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
.SLACK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
REDDIT
f
.FACEBOOK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
LINKEDIN

franc0 (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 06:07:54 AM

Why go for unlimited ICOs? They scream SCAM. If an ICO is limited that means they have usually shown plans for development based on real data and how much they think their business is going to cost to start and develop. Unlimited ICO is just like saying "I need to start a lemon stand business and I already have enough funds, but please give me all your money I definitely won't simply run away with them"

The ICO in your banner is unlimited time based. So you admitting that is a scam??

https://wallet.aeternity.com/

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: