Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:19:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: That's it, I've lost hope in the future of crypto currencies...  (Read 4066 times)
ymer (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:06:27 PM

I'll just mine for the money now, not for trying to improve and make the cryptocoin concept be a new way of making payments and get out of the Fiat Scam.

The reason is that we're getting a flood of shtcoins ruining the show. First example is Feathercoin, it brings nothing new to the table but it had a huge and very smart marketing campaign along with alliances like BTC-e to get a lot of profit in a short time, now I can see the same being done with CHN (CNC) and I guess this is going to be an ongoing trend.

The problem with this "alt coins" is that they are derailing the original purpose of BTC and now it's just a speculation game with tulips. In a few years we will have a flood of cryptos with a lot of volume, more and more altcoins with good planning and marketing (Shills on this forum) which will eventually end in serious coins like BTC and LTC on the same level as these jokecoins.

Anyway right now I'm mining FTC, will flip them for profit then ride the next train until all this fad dies off.

Thank you for ruining the game phaggots.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
muddafudda
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:10:04 PM

I think Bitbar was just one too far for me. Really offers nothing.
perhan007

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:10:58 PM

I'll just mine for the money now, not for trying to improve and make the cryptocoin concept be a new way of making payments and get out of the Fiat Scam.

The reason is that we're getting a flood of shtcoins ruining the show. First example is Feathercoin, it brings nothing new to the table but it had a huge and very smart marketing campaign along with alliances like BTC-e to get a lot of profit in a short time, now I can see the same being done with CHN (CNC) and I guess this is going to be an ongoing trend.

The problem with this "alt coins" is that they are derailing the original purpose of BTC and now it's just a speculation game with tulips. In a few years we will have a flood of cryptos with a lot of volume, more and more altcoins with good planning and marketing (Shills on this forum) which will eventually end in serious coins like BTC and LTC on the same level as these jokecoins.

Anyway right now I'm mining FTC, will flip them for profit then ride the next train until all this fad dies off.

welcome to my world!
mccorvic

Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:12:48 PM

Umm, the one thing you forgot was that LTC was the original jokecoin.  You are part of the problem you're complaining about.  Enjoy the shitstorm you helped create.  You have zero sympathy from me.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 07:13:30 PM

Maybe that is what you get when you run off chasing exclusively-mined coins that cannot be merged-mined.

Should have stuck to the ones you can merged-mine alongside bitcoin.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:14:28 PM

Aww, there there. I just tipped you some tipcoins to make it all better.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:14:41 PM

I welcome all new copycoins that will pull hashing away from the Litecoin network, so that I can get more Litecoins.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:15:53 PM

I think it's really funny that people have such a hard time simply ignoring cryptocoins that they don't like.

It's super easy for me...
ymer (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:16:14 PM

Umm, the one thing you forgot was that LTC was the original jokecoin.  You are part of the problem you're complaining about.  Enjoy the shitstorm you helped create.  You have zero sympathy from me.

LTC was never pumped and had no marketing with shills on forums and also no alliances with exchance sites like BTC-e... and I'm not looking for sympaty, the truth is that crypto world is going to crash it's just a matter of time.

As I said, I'll join any train that comes up for profit and that's it.
ymer (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:17:29 PM

I think it's really funny that people have such a hard time simply ignoring cryptocoins that they don't like.

Point of the post is not that I don't like the coins... it's that the original purpose is lost and now it's all about speculation and who has the best marketing and best connections.
Twerka

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:17:40 PM

Imagine if somebody wants to control a coin, with so many he can't do any damage.

Stick with BTC and use the rest as alternate ways of escape.
And, doesn't matter how many coins are, for example, I bet nobody will accept bitbars, for me, the value is 0. But I can accept bitcoins if I sell my, for example, videocard.

The worst enemy of Bitcoin is Mt.Gox exchange.
daytrader420

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:18:17 PM

Send me your address, I'd like to donate some PityCoins.

Smiley
Ignore@YourPeril

Activity: 151

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:18:32 PM

I think you are just about ready for one more clone: TarCoin. It will be the last clone ever, if successful...

Here you have it announced: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=193588.msg2008039#msg2008039

Please have a look.

Lots of cool bounties.
mccorvic

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:18:39 PM

LTC was never pumped and had no marketing with shills on forums

Whatever helps you sleep at night, bro.  The fact is, this is exactly what happened.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:19:09 PM

Point of the post is not that I don't like the coins... it's that the original purpose is lost and now it's all about speculation and who has the best marketing and best connections.
What was that original purpose, exactly?  And why is that purpose lost?  I personally don't care what other cryptocurrencies people are getting involved in or speculating on.  It makes no difference to me, nor does it affect what Bitcoin is all about or the problems that Bitcoin solves.
mccorvic

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:19:38 PM

Send me your address, I'd like to donate some PityCoins.

I lol'd Cheesy

ymer (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:20:40 PM

What was that original purpose, exactly?  And why is that purpose lost?  I personally don't care what other cryptocurrencies people are getting involved in or speculating on.  It makes no difference to me, nor does it affect what Bitcoin is all about or the problems that Bitcoin solves.

The problem that I see is that this situation will eventually drain legitimacy from Bitcoins, if you can go to Vicurex or BTC-e and exchance your shitcoins for Bitcoins puts it on the same level.
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:21:56 PM

The problem that I see is that this situation will eventually drain legitimacy from Bitcoins, if you can go to Vicurex or BTC-e and exchance your shitcoins for Bitcoins puts it on the same level.

Let people lose their life savings on a game of pump and dump chicken if they want to.  It only makes me more coins.  Alt chains have been around since right after the introduction of Bitcoin, and Bitcoin is still 100% alive.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
ymer (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:22:08 PM

Whatever helps you sleep at night, bro.  The fact is, this is exactly what happened.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, bro. As I said I'll join the shitcoin fad and make profit.
mccorvic

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:23:27 PM

Whatever helps you sleep at night, bro. As I said I'll join the shitcoin fad and make profit.

And that's fine.  I'm just sayin' you lose the right to bitch and moan about it the second you said anything about LTC.  You helped CREATE this problem.  No one will blame you for just pumpin' and dumpin' all the scamcoins, but you don't get the right to whine about it.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: