Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:11:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It's impossible to invest in crowded ICOs  (Read 1467 times)
pereira4 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 05:44:11 PM

Look at the Mysterium and BAT ICOs: absolute mess. Only big whales were able to buy because they pump gas prices to make to impossible for the average guy to get any coins. Now they control most of the supply.

I wanted to try my luck in Bancor, Tezos and maybe another ones, seeing that a lot of ICOs have delivered good ROI, but I suspect it's going to be impossible and we the common folk is going to be doomed into waiting the token to hit the exchanges to buy any.
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 06:07:14 PM

Large institutional investors are able to get orders in for stock IPOs before the general public,
and crypto is turning into the same thing.
Investors realized its easy to make money in the crypto sector and its getting harder for the small buyers to make money.

erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 06:12:46 PM

Yeah, same happened with Boscoin where the small investors couldn't get their transactions through compared to the large investors who purchased a bulk of coins. The same thing repeats with other big ICOs too that complete their target within few hours. Even if you set a big gas limit, still they will manage to be faster than other individuals.

European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 06:38:19 PM

isn't the tezos one unlimited? that makes it even more of ridiculous proposition than the other ones. this is all gonna come crashing down at some point. it won't be allowed to continue.
pereira4 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 01:55:07 PM

isn't the tezos one unlimited? that makes it even more of ridiculous proposition than the other ones. this is all gonna come crashing down at some point. it won't be allowed to continue.

I don't know the conditions of the Tezos ICO yet, but granted, if the ICO is unlimited, it's absolute nonsense because it's going to create a massive pump and dump where people drop loads at the very beginning for an ideal price.

I believe the Bancor ICO was trying to propose some sort of solution for the ICO so it was posponed.

I think it's going to be impossible.

Now on the BAT ICO:

https://coinmarketcap.com/assets/basic-attention-token/#charts

Price is at $0.16. What was the price at the ICO? Total supply is 1,5 billion, I don't see how this isn't going to crash unless it becomes a top 5 coin which I doubt.
Alttrader203

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 02:02:20 PM

Consider Dcorp ipo. It is good idea and team, legit
pereira4 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 06:48:03 PM

I recommend everyone to look at the BAT price evolution to learn what happens when an ICO gets obviously cornered by huge whales that have more than 50% of the total supply.

If it goes up and explodes in price, then it shows it's still a good idea to hold some even tho it's basically a scam, if you can profit it's not fully a scam anymore.
Chin Cheng

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 06:56:29 PM

The level playing field is gone for now and big money is being dumped into these ICO and so is the reason it is impossible to get into a promising ICO by an average individual and since there are no regulatory body over looking these things nothing can be done unless you wait for them to be listed in the exchanges.
Pierre 2
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1358

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 08:06:42 PM

I agree. If you don't have big money in your pocket,
You should wait for obscure gems and need to go in earlier.
You should search more.
ppc.pt

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 08:23:42 PM

Can someone explain me why is so good to invest in ICO's ? What's the difference between that and waiting a month or two to enter it at an attractive price ?
peter0425

Activity: 2660
Merit: 446

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 08:27:59 PM

Consider Dcorp ipo. It is good idea and team, legit

Yes. I think it has already more than $500K invested on the first day alone. ICO's will be running in about a month so there are still a lot of time for investors to really support this project which has really have a good future. And the teams behind it are also very good and answering all questions about the said project.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
susila_bai

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 08:30:54 PM

Can someone explain me why is so good to invest in ICO's ? What's the difference between that and waiting a month or two to enter it at an attractive price ?

What you said is correct their is no use of investing in ICO and then wait for them to release the ICO coins and wait for them to hit the exchanges instead we can wait and as soon as it hits the exchange you can start buying in split , about some icos getting filled in short time that type of ICO coins we have to be safe from them because that type of ICO coins are mostly pump and dump type of coins . They are fully manipulated by the Whales and the developer so any time they can just corner the coin after dumping it to 1 sat.
JoltCola

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 08:37:04 PM

ICOs should be held over several weeks and have a daily coin emission. This way whales cannot buy up all of the tokens all at once.

Bitshares had a great template for ICOs but no one followed it. The BTS ICO was held over 1 month (I think) where every day 3 million coins were sold. Each new day another 3 million coins were on the auctioning block. If you wanted to invest say 30 BTC then the best way to get the most coins would be to invest 1 BTC every day of that month and get your chunk of coins for that day. One could also watch the sale and try to snipe more coins by waiting it out and sending BTC on a day that sees low activity.

I thought this was the best approach to any ICO I have seen.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2017, 09:20:11 PM

ICOs should be held over several weeks and have a daily coin emission. This way whales cannot buy up all of the tokens all at once.

Bitshares had a great template for ICOs but no one followed it. The BTS ICO was held over 1 month (I think) where every day 3 million coins were sold. Each new day another 3 million coins were on the auctioning block. If you wanted to invest say 30 BTC then the best way to get the most coins would be to invest 1 BTC every day of that month and get your chunk of coins for that day. One could also watch the sale and try to snipe more coins by waiting it out and sending BTC on a day that sees low activity.

There is one project with a 3-month ICO program but it's barely getting investors. This is the reason why most ICOs only last for few days or max 20-30 days to get investors quickly so that they can start implementing their project. To sell tokens on a daily-basis is a better idea as then many investors would be able to hold tokens in such projects. I don't see it happening anytime soon though.

Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 09:41:11 PM

Wish there were more solutions like this than complains. Too much complainings bore the hell out of me. It's should not always be about money.  People need to also proffer solutions otherwise this great forum will lose its value
hubballi

Activity: 882
Merit: 297

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 10:27:36 PM

Wish there were more solutions like this than complains. Too much complainings bore the hell out of me. It's should not always be about money.  People need to also proffer solutions otherwise this great forum will lose its value

What you are telling is true but due to so many ICO scams have happened , now the users have to be very carefull choosing the good ICO to invest

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 11:53:26 PM

Why the fuck are you investing in ICO's anyway ?
What is wrong with you people ?

The cops can't come soon enough for this bullshit.

FUD first & ask questions later™
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 11:56:29 PM

Why the fuck are you investing in ICO's anyway ?
What is wrong with you people ?

The cops can't come soon enough for this bullshit.

+infinity.

These new insta ico scams are the new 100 % premines.

This new capped ico bullshit is a total license to print money it is fool proof.

Push out a dreams and talk roadmap get everyone horny for it, sell it all to yourselves and insiders. Collude together to sell to each other or yourselves for ever increasing prices. Use fomo to suck in new money to keep it going and exit over time. Guaranteed scam.

Any capped or short duration ico that is not advertised is open to total manipulation and scamming. Dont fall for it.

AmarO

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 12:09:51 AM

Yeah, same happened with Boscoin where the small investors couldn't get their transactions through compared to the large investors who purchased a bulk of coins. The same thing repeats with other big ICOs too that complete their target within few hours. Even if you set a big gas limit, still they will manage to be faster than other individuals.

Don't bullshit, a person could get in for BOS, I did. ~2500 participants.
RewFrew

Activity: 574
Merit: 140

Chainjoes.com

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2017, 02:11:41 AM

Look at the Mysterium and BAT ICOs: absolute mess. Only big whales were able to buy because they pump gas prices to make to impossible for the average guy to get any coins. Now they control most of the supply.

I wanted to try my luck in Bancor, Tezos and maybe another ones, seeing that a lot of ICOs have delivered good ROI, but I suspect it's going to be impossible and we the common folk is going to be doomed into waiting the token to hit the exchanges to buy any.

You saw how decentralised ethereum, bitcoins and most of altcoins?? lol decentralised  my ass!!
And people are talking days and night about decentralised altcoins haha

You better focus on yourself and make money.

The principles, they are for poor peoples to follow, the rich ones create their own and let the poor one following. and so on.. the richs create new rules for new objectifs.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: