Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:30:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [IN STOCK USA+CA] USB Risers, Powered Risers $5.99 and Dual PSU - HashRateStore  (Read 29924 times)
hashrateproducts (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 143

Active 24/7

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 05:16:11 PM

I received my 16x-16x powered riser. Received the extended one at that because of the back order. /Much/ appreciated!

Like I Stated before, I'll be back again!

Thanks HRS!

Thanks again, 5stringer!  Smiley

Free space

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
captainfuture

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 07:46:01 AM

my package is still not here....

i am waitng now for many weeks.

i have written 3 emails, but no response...

it should have been sent on 12. juni
thats a month ago now....

is this a scammer?

5stringer

Activity: 185
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 01:27:34 AM

my package is still not here....

i am waitng now for many weeks.

i have written 3 emails, but no response...

it should have been sent on 12. juni
thats a month ago now....

is this a scammer?

I've yet to have a problem with them. 2 signed envelopes. 2 received products. I'm not sure where you are in comparison to me and their location though.
captainfuture

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 09:41:14 AM

package here and all alright.
waited long for it, but now its ok.
5stringer

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 12:08:10 AM

Order # 1493
5stringer

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 09:00:35 PM

Order # 1493

Just received my shipment of risers. Thanks again, HRS!
gnix72

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 02:51:20 AM

Ok so I just got my shipment of risers, I installed a new card using one of the 1x risers I ordered no problem, but when I went to extend the 3 currently installed cards using the 16x risers, they wouldn't work, I keep getting BSOD during the windows load process.  All 4 cards are currently working fine and hashing at expected rates in the current configuration, all I'm trying to do is extend the 16x cards up so I can optimize cooling and install 3 additional cards.

Am I missing anything obvious?  I got the 1x to work fine...

Using a MSI Z77A-GD65 mobo, Celeron G1610 CPU, 8MB ram, Win 7-64, catalyst 12.8 with 2.5 SDK to optimize for 5x cards.

5850 is installed in the closest 16x spot nearest the CPU directly onto the mobo, 5870 installed in the other 2 16x slots directly onto the mobo, 5870 installed using a 1x riser in the slot between the 1st 16x and the riser.  I have tried rising the installed cards with 2 different 16x extenders with no luck, BSOD every time.

Here is a picture.
https://i.imgur.com/qD1b6ad.jpg
hashrateproducts (OP)

Active 24/7

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 08:02:43 PM

Ok so I just got my shipment of risers, I installed a new card using one of the 1x risers I ordered no problem, but when I went to extend the 3 currently installed cards using the 16x risers, they wouldn't work, I keep getting BSOD during the windows load process.  All 4 cards are currently working fine and hashing at expected rates in the current configuration, all I'm trying to do is extend the 16x cards up so I can optimize cooling and install 3 additional cards.

Am I missing anything obvious?  I got the 1x to work fine...

Using a MSI Z77A-GD65 mobo, Celeron G1610 CPU, 8MB ram, Win 7-64, catalyst 12.8 with 2.5 SDK to optimize for 5x cards.

5850 is installed in the closest 16x spot nearest the CPU directly onto the mobo, 5870 installed in the other 2 16x slots directly onto the mobo, 5870 installed using a 1x riser in the slot between the 1st 16x and the riser.  I have tried rising the installed cards with 2 different 16x extenders with no luck, BSOD every time.

Here is a picture.
https://i.imgur.com/qD1b6ad.jpg

Hey gnix72,

Have you tried using just one card? For example removing all of your GPUs then testing one of them with a 16x-16x riser.

Free space
gnix72

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 03:52:58 AM

I'm out of town on vacation, I can give that a shot when I get back, but I don't see how that will fix my overall problem.  My objective is to get 6 cards/8 GPUs running off this mobo (two 5970) so I will need all 6 cards raised up, 3 via 1x and 3 via 16x.  I think I'll get some unpowered 16x risers to see if that will help.  The 1x powered risers were working just fine, it's only the 16x powered risers that I can't get to work.  Unfortunately due to slot configuration the most I can get is 4 cards in the system unless I can raise up the 16x slots.

Also, I have a few standalone cases that I need your extra long risers for.

I seem to be the only person having this specific problem, so I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong.
dethdeks

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 06:42:47 AM

how much and how long would it take to ship to alberta?

Donations Accepted
LTC: Lcv7XmxnHJ7BhRjXjzCUBJ4Cfrq43SA5qc
BTC: 16mHGGVgntqtTmrddud8BFgN3XAsBobvVe
hashrateproducts (OP)

Active 24/7

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 09:19:03 PM

I'm out of town on vacation, I can give that a shot when I get back, but I don't see how that will fix my overall problem.  My objective is to get 6 cards/8 GPUs running off this mobo (two 5970) so I will need all 6 cards raised up, 3 via 1x and 3 via 16x.  I think I'll get some unpowered 16x risers to see if that will help.  The 1x powered risers were working just fine, it's only the 16x powered risers that I can't get to work.  Unfortunately due to slot configuration the most I can get is 4 cards in the system unless I can raise up the 16x slots.

Also, I have a few standalone cases that I need your extra long risers for.

I seem to be the only person having this specific problem, so I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong.

Hi gnix!

I got your email also. If you try just a single card you can try to narrow down the root cause to either an issue with the riser or something else such as too many cards on a PSU or etc.

Feel free to send me another email to let me know how everything goes!

Thanks!

Free space
gnix72

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 09:21:25 PM

Yep, thanks for being so responsive.  I was trying to get as many installed as possible before my 10 day vacation, didn't want to miss out on all those hashes, so I was in a frenzy before I left.  I'll post an update once I get it all worked out, I should have adequate troubleshooting time once I'm back home on Wed or so.
hashrateproducts (OP)

Active 24/7

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 09:26:30 PM

how much and how long would it take to ship to alberta?

Hi dethdeks!

It's $4.00 flat rate shipping (2-7 business days) throughout Canada regardless of how many cables you have in your order. Realistically it should probably be 2-4 business days for you since you're just one province over.

We also have shipping options for 1-2 business days and 1 business day.

All of these options should be available when you check out your shopping cart.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or need anything else. Thanks!

Free space
gnix72

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 07:23:06 AM

Ok, I'm totally up and running now as you can see here:

https://i.imgur.com/n3Vs1Xx.jpg

Overall, I think it was probably a driver version, I wiped all the 12.5 drivers I was using and went with 11.12 clean install and the BSODs mostly stopped.  Here is a top down view that shows all the extenders and the types I ended up using.

https://i.imgur.com/RkScIqm.jpg

If I number the slots from left to right in this picture as 1234567, the first thing I tried was 1x riser ONLY in every slot.  The 1x riser did not work in slots 1 and 3 (both 16x slots) alone, I know others said they got it to work with this mobo, but I could not.  I did not try presence pins, that was going to be a last resort tactic only.

I was able to make 1x risers work in every other slot though, including the 16x slot closest to the CPU (#6 in the picture above).

So that meant I only had to get the 16x risers to work.  I tried the same card in both slots 1 and 3 with the 16x riser, and for some reason it would only work in slot 3, the device manager/cgminer/GPU-Z did not even see the card when installed in slot 1, even when there were only 2 other cards installed in the system, so I don't know if I got a bum slot there or what, I know the GPU and riser worked, because they worked in slot 3.

Anyway, I met my objective, 6 cards/8GPU all working.  I ended up using 5 1x-16x risers and 1 16x-16x riser.  As you can see the length was really important for the cards that were plugged in farthest from the board, I was at the very edge of the possible even with the 30cm hashrate connectors.

I'm pretty sure I don't need all of these to be powered, but I couldn't find any unpowered risers that were long enough, and all of the hashrate store risers were plenty long so it didn't matter.

I do think that the molex connectors are a pain to hook up, I wish there were some way to make that connection a little easier, you have to fidgit with it for some time, then you have to worry about getting the next molex in (power supply ports are a premium in these rigs) and then making every thing fit and not get tangled.

But overall, I'm very happy and now I have a pattern for how to do my 2nd 5xxx rig, which is going to go on the other side of this same box...just in time for the winter.

Oh in case you were curious, cards left to right were slot 2: MSI 5870, slot 3: ATI 5870, slot 4: ATI 5970, slot 5: ATI 5970, slot 6: HIS 5850, slot 7: ATI 5870.  For some reason the MSI 5870 runs about 5C hotter than the ATI and gets ~400kH instead of ~420 like the ATI 5870, all the 5870 have 1600 shaders so I'm not really sure why, also that order doesn't match the cgminer order, which I'm sure you can figure out knowing the cards like you all do.
hashrateproducts (OP)

Active 24/7

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 12:00:51 AM

Ok, I'm totally up and running now as you can see here:

Overall, I think it was probably a driver version, I wiped all the 12.5 drivers I was using and went with 11.12 clean install and the BSODs mostly stopped.  Here is a top down view that shows all the extenders and the types I ended up using.

If I number the slots from left to right in this picture as 1234567, the first thing I tried was 1x riser ONLY in every slot.  The 1x riser did not work in slots 1 and 3 (both 16x slots) alone, I know others said they got it to work with this mobo, but I could not.  I did not try presence pins, that was going to be a last resort tactic only.

I was able to make 1x risers work in every other slot though, including the 16x slot closest to the CPU (#6 in the picture above).

So that meant I only had to get the 16x risers to work.  I tried the same card in both slots 1 and 3 with the 16x riser, and for some reason it would only work in slot 3, the device manager/cgminer/GPU-Z did not even see the card when installed in slot 1, even when there were only 2 other cards installed in the system, so I don't know if I got a bum slot there or what, I know the GPU and riser worked, because they worked in slot 3.

Anyway, I met my objective, 6 cards/8GPU all working.  I ended up using 5 1x-16x risers and 1 16x-16x riser.  As you can see the length was really important for the cards that were plugged in farthest from the board, I was at the very edge of the possible even with the 30cm hashrate connectors.

I'm pretty sure I don't need all of these to be powered, but I couldn't find any unpowered risers that were long enough, and all of the hashrate store risers were plenty long so it didn't matter.

I do think that the molex connectors are a pain to hook up, I wish there were some way to make that connection a little easier, you have to fidgit with it for some time, then you have to worry about getting the next molex in (power supply ports are a premium in these rigs) and then making every thing fit and not get tangled.

But overall, I'm very happy and now I have a pattern for how to do my 2nd 5xxx rig, which is going to go on the other side of this same box...just in time for the winter.

Oh in case you were curious, cards left to right were slot 2: MSI 5870, slot 3: ATI 5870, slot 4: ATI 5970, slot 5: ATI 5970, slot 6: HIS 5850, slot 7: ATI 5870.  For some reason the MSI 5870 runs about 5C hotter than the ATI and gets ~400kH instead of ~420 like the ATI 5870, all the 5870 have 1600 shaders so I'm not really sure why, also that order doesn't match the cgminer order, which I'm sure you can figure out knowing the cards like you all do.

That's great news that you got your rig up! I like your case design, do you have any more pics of it?

Also you should be able to run some of the powered risers without the molex plugged in. =)

Thanks again!

Free space
3ham3

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 09:38:17 PM

10/10 feedback, items arrived no stress, 7,400 Miles later.
hashrateproducts (OP)

Active 24/7

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:58:27 PM

Hey everyone!

We’ve partnered with Bitgretiefter in an exclusive offer for a massive batch shipping between January 17 – 24.

Each one of these Bitfury USB Bitcoin ASIC miners have been crafted with emphasis on delivering the highest build quality at the lowest price point. These are perfect for miners starting out or experts looking to strengthen the Bitcoin network.

Pre-order today and lock in an awesome price for a bit-furious miner!

• Based on the Nanofury USB ASIC open source design
  • Contains 1 Bitfury chip with Real-world performance of 2.2GH/s and no overclocking or modding required
  • No fan or heatsink required at stock settings
  • Easy setup with native bfgminer support
  • Black anodised aluminium backplate for added durability
  • Flat rate shipping regardless of how many YellowJackets are in the order

Click here to Order Now!
Yellowjacket 2.2 GH/s USB ASIC (Nanofury)

Free space
fenghush

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 03:47:23 PM

Order #3275 hope everything is in order and that I'll receive tracking information soon.

hashrateproducts (OP)

Active 24/7

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 06:29:18 PM

Order #3275 hope everything is in order and that I'll receive tracking information soon.
Got it, and shipped earlier this morning.

Thanks!

Free space
D05GTO

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 04:36:22 PM

The USB Miners still looking to go out on the 10th?   Interested to see how they compare to Icefury's.  Can these be overclocked?  after installing a heatsink of course.

Thanks,
D

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║