Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:27:19 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83]
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTS] Bitshares #1 Fastest Crypto, Tokens, DEX, ICOs since 2014 (unofficial ಠ_ಠ)  (Read 125370 times)
adamvp

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708

View Profile
December 23, 2020, 05:10:57 PM

I dont really think... Everyone who follows the crypto world knows about bitshares but not in a good way.
Can you elaborate what is wrong with BitShares ?

The BITUSD peg to the USD broke and to my knowledge has not recovered. The last time I checked bitsharestalk there was a lot of in-fighting. The project started to have problems when Dan Larimar departed for Steemit. This points to the danger of blockchains that claim to have decentralized development, but really don’t.
It has recovered, but for very  short time.
It was fake feed price, much above global settlement price set, and was not canceled, despite what devs promised to do it. Very bad managed project:(

I am looking for signature campaign Wink pm me
benchb

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2020, 12:42:35 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2020, 06:09:50 PM by benchb

The BITUSD peg to the USD broke and to my knowledge has not recovered.
The bitUSD peg was broken, because gambler and scammer had control over the price feed in BitShares 3.0. With the governance update in BitShares 4.0 and 5.0 vote weight got completely removed from collateral positions, to prevent this in the future.

The last time I checked bitsharestalk there was a lot of in-fighting.
Fighting was because of governance updates, but fighting is now over.

This points to the danger of blockchains that claim to have decentralized development, but really don’t.
We have decentralized development, which allows anyone to make contributions to BitShares.

It has recovered, but for very  short time.
It was fake feed price, much above global settlement price set, and was not canceled, despite what devs promised to do it.
The margin positions where managed by each individual. Before the pump the lowest CR was at 1.5, after the pump the lowest CR was at 1.05. The pump was not used to pay back bad debt, but to increase bad debt.

On the one side, no one was willing to buy up the collateral at the higher fake price for weeks, on the other side the the price feed could not be lowered again, because the lowest CR was already at 1.05. Global settlement was the result on bitUSD. To close the demand of USD pegged coins, HONEST.USD and bitUSD1.0 was created and can be used on the exchange now.

BitCNY could be repeged, because the liquidity and CR was higher than on bitUSD.
readyUP

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 03, 2021, 12:23:40 AM

hi, I had BCO (transferred to BTS) and OBITS (also transferred to BTS)
what I could do with OBITS other than exchange them for a few cents of BTS. is there an update or an article explaining what happened to it? it looked like a good project in 2017.
Bitum

Activity: 1414
Merit: 271

bitonator.tangled.com/join

View Profile
January 03, 2021, 11:45:20 AM

During the BTS4.0 protocol upgrade, one of the hired core developers (abitmore) added a community-unapproved bookmark to the code, which resulted in a change in voting rights and essentially changed the entire consensus process. This led to numerous conflicts and the separation of a significant segment of the Chinese Bitshares community.

Tangled Social Network Web 3.0 | Earning Millix (MLX): https://bitonator.tangled.com/join
Post & Earn (Posting, Likes, Comments etc.), Uncensored & Anonymous, Referral links allowed, Lightning-fast & hassle-free withdrawal in $MLX
CMC: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/millix/
MMA_Malgudi

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 05, 2021, 05:51:29 AM

What is the main channel for bitshares news? I see many of them, it would be good to have just one for news/updates.
Even at Discord, there isn't a channel just for news/updates, instead, there is only general.

Hi There,

I would imagine the best source would be the official forum.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php
MMA_Malgudi

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 05, 2021, 06:09:49 AM

The BITUSD peg to the USD broke and to my knowledge has not recovered.
The bitUSD peg was broken, because gambler and scammer had control over the price feed in BitShares 3.0. With the governance update in BitShares 4.0 and 5.0 vote weight got completely removed from collateral positions, to prevent this in the future.

The last time I checked bitsharestalk there was a lot of in-fighting.
Fighting was because of governance updates, but fighting is now over.

This points to the danger of blockchains that claim to have decentralized development, but really don’t.
We have decentralized development, which allows anyone to make contributions to BitShares.

It has recovered, but for very  short time.
It was fake feed price, much above global settlement price set, and was not canceled, despite what devs promised to do it.
The margin positions where managed by each individual. Before the pump the lowest CR was at 1.5, after the pump the lowest CR was at 1.05. The pump was not used to pay back bad debt, but to increase bad debt.

On the one side, no one was willing to buy up the collateral at the higher fake price for weeks, on the other side the the price feed could not be lowered again, because the lowest CR was already at 1.05. Global settlement was the result on bitUSD. To close the demand of USD pegged coins, HONEST.USD and bitUSD1.0 was created and can be used on the exchange now.

BitCNY could be repeged, because the liquidity and CR was higher than on bitUSD.

As a not so smart guy in this forum, my key question is, "Does is make sense to hold on to BTS?"
benchb

Activity: 63

View Profile
January 13, 2021, 07:43:32 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2021, 06:38:06 PM by benchb

As a not so smart guy in this forum, my key question is, "Does is make sense to hold on to BTS?"

I think so, because we have a new roadmap, a new governance system, liquidity pools for staking and switched from an inflated to a deflated coin model.

During the BTS4.0 protocol upgrade, one of the hired core developers (abitmore) added a community-unapproved bookmark to the code, which resulted in a change in voting rights and essentially changed the entire consensus process.
Yes, but the consensus was already broken in BitShares 3.0, which resulted in fake price feeds for bitCNY/bitUSD assets and broken peg.
The consensus updates on BitShares 4.0 and 5.0 were needed and used to fix those security holes. After the security fix, the scammers launched a new chain.
adamvp

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708

View Profile
January 28, 2021, 06:01:00 PM

So old holders of bitUSD, bitCNY etc  will never get value of their money back, cause as you  @benchb said,  that are "bad debts" (despite  it was advertised as better and safer than centralised stablecoins, like  tether [usdt])?

Now I checked and f.e in bitcny things looks like this:

Bts price in usd  $0.02289218
Bts price in bitcny last price 0.178
1cny according to google finance 0.16 usd
So 1 bitCNY is worth 11% less than it should be....

I am looking for signature campaign Wink pm me
developeron29

Activity: 48
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2021, 04:06:12 AM

$BTS price trend chart-

https://everycoinprice.com/?symbol=BTS
estenity

Activity: 1918
Merit: 537

View Profile
July 10, 2021, 07:49:28 AM

how to get back old BTS, as it is still (a little) alive ?
OcTradism

Activity: 1778
Merit: 810

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2021, 06:52:35 AM

Bitshares has a very attractive chart, isn't it?

Bitshares price chart and with the volume is more than $10 million, you can consider to add this altcoin to your portfolio.

It won't give you short term profit because Bitcoin is holding by bear and bull in a very narrow price channel. Altcoins will have to wait for signal from Bitcoin. If you invest in Bitshares, you have to be very patiently and wait for good growth months later. If it is not last 5 months of 2021, you will have to wait for the first half of 2022.

With cryptocurrency, waiting is worth because it will bring your good profit.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
estenity

Activity: 1918
Merit: 537

View Profile
July 11, 2021, 08:12:06 AM

Bitshares has a very attractive chart, isn't it?

Bitshares price chart and with the volume is more than $10 million, you can consider to add this altcoin to your portfolio.

It won't give you short term profit because Bitcoin is holding by bear and bull in a very narrow price channel. Altcoins will have to wait for signal from Bitcoin. If you invest in Bitshares, you have to be very patiently and wait for good growth months later. If it is not last 5 months of 2021, you will have to wait for the first half of 2022.

With cryptocurrency, waiting is worth because it will bring your good profit.

how to get back old BTS, as it is still (a little) alive ?

i hoped that the "old" Dan could something for us...
coinman76

Activity: 248
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 10, 2022, 06:04:36 AM

Just in case any of you here expect a refund from Altilly. If you don't have all their deposit confirmation emails, they give you nothing. That's a scam.

Altilly Exchange FAKE Refunds, Possible Exit Scam https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5385112.0
usrcoin

Activity: 50

View Profile
October 06, 2022, 06:46:40 PM

hi, Any news from gdex.io? Because the connection is no longer possible (expired certificate)
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83]
  Print  

Jump to: