Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:17:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are there people here from 2013 who are not millionaires now?  (Read 7284 times)
Beparanf

Activity: 2758
Merit: 761

Burpaaa

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 06:38:00 AM

The chances of becoming a millionaires2 from altcoin purchases are very easy, but for those who can keep their altcoin on hold it can make sense, since long-term purchases can profit them more than 100% if they grow altcoins from 2013 to 2017 now, They not only have the chance to become millionaires even they have the opportunity to become a billionaire

It will only happen depending on the amount their holding but for sure they are lot more richer than they are in 2013.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Charles Bass

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

Owner of Empire Hotels

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 06:39:24 AM

as i joined here the BTC was around 10 USD, bitcoin was a game for nerds.
We build our own economy and felt like crypto pirates, we invested in ponzi schemes (Pirate *haha*) and thought that we are the kings of the world because we had unbelievable interests.
We used Marketplaces who brougt us into difficulties or were closed by governance or frozen by banks or marketplaces who losed our coins (Mt. Gox).

We learnd it by the Hard Way, spended a lot of BTCs for nonsense because it was cool to pay with BTC or lost them because we were to stupid to follow some simple rules.

As the price was 60 USD i dropped all coins a had, because i cant imagine that it gets higher.
I lost more then 20-30 BTC with Scam, of course if i keept all the btc i had i would now be a millionair.

physicist
Donator

Activity: 55
Merit: 3

the internet never sleeps

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 06:47:28 AM

as i joined here the BTC was around 10 USD, bitcoin was a game for nerds.
We build our own economy and felt like crypto pirates, we invested in ponzi schemes (Pirate *haha*) and thought that we are the kings of the world because we had unbelievable interests.
We used Marketplaces who brougt us into difficulties or were closed by governance or frozen by banks or marketplaces who losed our coins (Mt. Gox).

We learnd it by the Hard Way, spended a lot of BTCs for nonsense because it was cool to pay with BTC or lost them because we were to stupid to follow some simple rules.

As the price was 60 USD i dropped all coins a had, because i cant imagine that it gets higher.
I lost more then 20-30 BTC with Scam, of course if i keept all the btc i had i would now be a millionair.

Join the club.

signature campaigns annoy me.
asepsetiawan1990

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 06:49:39 PM

According to my analysis, someone new to criptocurrency finds it hard to be a millionaire because of the lack of knowledge and information. In developing countries. As for those that already have results in this case BTC / ALT Coin else. They prefer to be consumed instead of investing in cryptocurrency Grin
Vivisector999

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 10:58:10 PM

Yeah def not a millionaire here.  I don't even know if I am a thousandaire.  LMAO.  Well from Mining/trading anyways.  Then again I stepped away for a while, and left the majority of my coins in Cryptsy.  LMAO, not going to see any of those again.  Anyways, starting back up from the beginning again.

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
hoolio

Activity: 273
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 12:27:22 AM

Yeah def not a millionaire here.  I don't even know if I am a thousandaire.  LMAO.  Well from Mining/trading anyways.  Then again I stepped away for a while, and left the majority of my coins in Cryptsy.  LMAO, not going to see any of those again.  Anyways, starting back up from the beginning again.

Same thing here. Lost a lot with cryptsy
ppc.pt

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 12:33:37 AM

From your logic, you only needed to be from 2016 to be a millionaire, no need to go back to 2013 when bitcoin was pretty flat.

If you're talking about alt coins, lol. Who would be crazy enough to invest a decent amount of money in any other coin. Ethereum was at 9 dollars last december, no one give a shit
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 03:08:33 AM

If they had a good amount of bitcoins and held to this day then they are millionaires but the truth is not many people have the patience to hold for as long as it was needed to become millionaires, also what could to stop them to hold even more and become even richer by just holding for an even longer period of time.
inimitable777

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 06:40:59 PM

Know some guy who invested in xem but pulled out too early to get money for car repair now his coins is worth 500 000$.

most expensive car repair

and his car is still broken Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 07:07:40 PM

Who is here from 2013 who is not a USD millionaire at least on paper?

I bet noone here from 2011 is not a millionaire.

If so what were your big mistakes that prevented this from being the case?

** edit

don't take from this post that I myself claim to have attained that millionaire status .... but then my early trading was an example of how not to trade. Im guessing the majority has done far better.

let us not let this thread turn into a sour grapes situation....but it is nice to know many average everyday people have now made life changing amounts of fiat due to crypto. I feel millionaire status is within grasp of so many that are here even recently.

let them enjoy their success and inspire us all..
If they made it by buying fairly on the market or mining fairly then it is great to know that so many have done so well.

I can tell you for sure that the majority of traders are in the same boat with you.
It is less about TA but more about the will to believe and hold.
Trading has great risk/profit margin but holding the right coin is still the way to go.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
V1saya

Activity: 1050
Merit: 508

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 07:45:06 PM

I assume most of the Legendary ranks here are millionaires already. Congratulations. Most people I also met that becomes crypto fanatic during the early years are already millionaires too. But it is not too late. Crypto is still young and most coins are still undervalued.
CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 09:44:25 PM

I have certainly learned some valuable lessons here. Thank you legends for answering the PO. I can relate to some of these experiences, I was introduced to BTC when it was around $500. When it hit $1100 i sold and ran.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin. I'm trying a different strategy this time. But I dont know which is worse, spending 10 000BTC on pizza or losing a hard drive with $13 million USD worth of BTC. Given the choice, I would chose eating that darn expensive pizza any day. lol
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1256

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 10:24:16 PM

This is quite an informative thread, its nice to see peoples experience with crypto since the early days.
Its also a pity to hear that people also cashed out "early" but I suppose a value of $20 could have been
a massive profit from the initial earning of 1 BTC.

Hopefully the future will throw up some Karma for all.

There are also lessons to be learned from reading this thread, some of which can be applied to the current volatility.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 05:35:25 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2017, 01:48:21 AM by Omega Weapon

I not think only know and buy Bitcoin in 2013-2015 is good way become to millionaire. I have some friends buy ETH in end 2016 with price 6$ and mining it, just hold it and today they has been become to millionaire and not need wait more time like Bitcoin =)). Some other friends not choose ETH, they choose other altcoin as NEM, Ripple, Stellar Lumen, Stratis, Digital Byte ... and became millionaire too
I hope they cashed out, but if they don’t then I think it is time, I do not think we are going to see these prices and big market caps for much longer, I do not see a big and good enough reason for the price to be that high at some point a major correction is going to come and when that happens it will not be pretty for any of us.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 09:32:08 AM

Here since 2013 and not millionaire, not even close. Cheesy

I made some really bad investments, lost my coins and my motivation, been slowly collecting for the past years and with the recent rise my net value increased a lot, not a life changing amount but it's getting there.

I believe the vast majority of people from 2013 are not millionaires, specially after April 2013.

renes

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 10:26:37 AM

Yes sure there are a lot people like them and almost all of them even not close the millions. Even if you are from 2010, it might not be so
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 01:51:50 AM

I not think only know and buy Bitcoin in 2013-2015 is good way become to millionaire. I have some friends buy ETH in end 2016 with price 6$ and mining it, just hold it and today they has been become to millionaire and not need wait more time like Bitcoin =)). Some other friends not choose ETH, they choose other altcoin as NEM, Ripple, Stellar Lumen, Stratis, Digital Byte ... and became millionaire too
I hope they cashed out, but if they don’t then it think it is time, I do not think we are going to see this prices and big market caps for much longer, I do not see a big and good enough reason for the price to be that high at some point a major correction is going to come and when that happens it will not be pretty for any of us.
Still hoping that correction will not be made this soon, many were working hard to be successful here in cryptocurrency not only in btc but in other alts but if ever time comes I hope all of us been able to save and cash it out.
It depends the correction can benefit you since you will be able to buy all of those coins at very cheap prices instead of having to do it at the current prices which are very high at the moment, but you never know the correction may happen in a few months, years or maybe there will not be a correction and these are going the prices we are going to see before the next raise.
oddwh

Activity: 854
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 04:58:37 AM

Here since 2013 and not millionaire, not even close. Cheesy

I made some really bad investments, lost my coins and my motivation, been slowly collecting for the past years and with the recent rise my net value increased a lot, not a life changing amount but it's getting there.

I believe the vast majority of people from 2013 are not millionaires, specially after April 2013.

Lol in fact you did exactly like me. I lost almost everything and I decided to buy a few SDC, then I left a few years and came back with some good profits Smiley

Indeed for those who came at the beggining of 2013 must be more lucky.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
     ▄██▀▀             ▀▀██▄
    ██▀                   ▀██
   █▌                       ▐█
  █▌                         ▐█
 ▐█            ▄▄▄            █▌
 ██         ▄██▀▀▀██▄         ██
 ▄         ▐█▌     ▐█▌         ▄
███        █▌       ▐█        ███
 ▀   █▄    ▐█▌     ▐█▌    ▄█   ▀
   █▄  █▄   ▀██▄▄▄██▀   ▄█  ▄█
    ▀█   █▄    ▀▀▀    ▄█   █▀
      █▄   █▄       ▄█   ▄█
       ██    █  ▄  █    ██
         █▄    ███    ▄█
          ██    ▀    ██
            █▄  █  ▄█
             ██ █ ██
                ▄
               ███
                ▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄████████████▄
    ▄████████████████▄
   ████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████▌▀▀▀   ▀▀▀
 ████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
   ██▀████████████▀██
    ▀██▀▀██████▀▀██▀
      ▀████████████▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        
▄████████████▄     
▄████████████████▄   
████████████████████  
██████████████████████ 
 ████████████████████████
▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
██████████████████████ 
████████████████████  
▀████████████████▀   
▀████████████▀     
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        
Beyerd17

Activity: 826
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 07:43:20 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2017, 08:58:03 PM by Beyerd17

Basically it goes like this. In any goldrush some strike it Rich, but a lot of People dont get to be Rich, and some even lose Money on the big bonanza. Like in the good old days there are those who are guarantied to make a mountain of cash and that is the firms who supply the equipement, and this time around that is AMD and NVIDIA. Whether you make Money or not on a GPU minable coin/coins. AMD and NVIDIA wins either way  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
kelseydustin

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 07:49:17 PM

I am not from 2013 and of course, I am not yet a millionaire and I have to work a lot to achieve this prize. Crytpocurrency will definitely help me and make me become rich someday. Otherwise I can do other jobs to improve myself and become better in the future so that I can earn a good amount of money everydaay
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: