Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:22:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Single Casascius Coins for sale  (Read 25741 times)
Nightowlace (OP)

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 02:10:20 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2014, 03:05:17 AM by Nightowlace

I am a United States based reseller of Casascius Coins. All coins are 100% unredeemed with hologram fully intact.
1. Escrow services are available.
2. Shipping within the United States is free. I ship USPS priority mail, signature required, and insured. Overnight shipping is available for an added fee.
3. Payment is accepted in BTC
4. Shipping for orders placed and paid for is done next day. No waiting.
5. All coins listed are in stock
6. I am open to negotiating on some of the coins listed.

(Quantity) Description Price
(7) Graded MS64 2013 Brass Singles 2BTC
(7) brass halves in stock price is 0.75BTC

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
johnniewalker
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 10:16:07 AM

Nobody looking for Casascius Coins huh? Discounts for people who buy in bulk.
Do not take it personally, but I think you aren't getting many bites because of your prices. They are a little high. But they are yours to sell, you can put any price you want on them.
bozak

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 02:49:42 PM

Do not take it personally, but I think you aren't getting many bites because of your prices. They are a little high. But they are yours to sell, you can put any price you want on them.

I don't actually think the prices are high.  Significantly less than Ebay and less than what is currently offered on bitmit. 
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 12:58:10 AM

I understand that but take this into consideration;

Bulk price from Casascius for single coins is 63 + .3 shipping = 63.3

1.266 per coin cost
0.2 per coin for me to ship, and insure package.
0.03 per coin for the clear, foam ringed plastic coin case
0.05 for escrow (if needed)

That's 1.546 per coin my cost. Plus my time and effort. I take pride in caring for these coins, ensuring proper handling, protecting in airtight coin collector cases, etc.

And yes, I have heard some stories about ebay coins. You might end up with some scratched up dingy coin they carried around in their pocket for a year before going hey this is actually worth something.
Jrock

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 04:03:11 AM

I liked the good ole days when the prices of these weren't ridiculous.

Guess I'll never be buying anymore.

Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 04:51:27 PM

I liked the good ole days when the prices of these weren't ridiculous.

Guess I'll never be buying anymore.

You mean when Mike charged 1.5BTC for a single coin?
Jrock

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 12:58:20 AM

Nope back when I bought like 15 of them it was like a 10-20% (around there) premium and back then 10-20% was only a few bucks.

Now it's over 50% and costs 50$++ usd over it's actual value.

Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 08:02:13 PM

Nope back when I bought like 15 of them it was like a 10-20% (around there) premium and back then 10-20% was only a few bucks.

Let that be a lesson. Next time invest wisely!
Jrock

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 04:49:07 AM

I took your advice.

http://physicalbitcoins.openbtcshop.com/

lagmo

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:36:11 PM

I took your advice.

Please tell me why I should trust this nameless, no contacts, cookie-cutter wordpress shop apparently selling 2011 coins for less than half the normal price?
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 12:09:10 AM

I took your advice.

Please tell me why I should trust this nameless, no contacts, cookie-cutter wordpress shop apparently selling 2011 coins for less than half the normal price?

Lol. He is just mad that he had the opportunity once upon a time to buy large quantities of Casascius coins at significantly less BTC and at a time when BTC was in the single digits. So now he has decided to come on my thread, talk shit, and then promote a reseller that is apparently cheaper than me.

I look at it this way. I take pride in my handling and shipping, I use gloves to handle them, I ship insured mail, and I put all the coins in protective clear collectible cases. Are my prices higher than some, yes. Lower than some, yes. Do I have a history of being trustworthy and dependable, absolutely, and that in itself is worth a lot in the BTC community.

johnniewalker
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 01:06:16 AM

Can anyone testify to buying coins on the site the poster provided a link to...this one: http://physicalbitcoins.openbtcshop.com/

Honestly I think its a scam. As OP broke it down, it would be impossible for someone to sell coins this cheap unless they bought like a million of them. If anyone has made a purchase on there and gotten it, let me know!
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 01:47:43 AM

You can ask him yourself, here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=183345.0

BTW its Deadterra

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 01:57:10 AM

You can ask him yourself, here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=183345.0

BTW its Deadterra

Deadterra won an auction, I would assume everything in in the up and up but I can not make any guarantees. I can say that the markup is about .25BTC so I'm guessing that doesn't include shipping, insurance, and clear collectors case.
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 02:06:27 AM

BTW its Deadterra

Deadterra won an auction, I would assume everything in in the up and up but I can not make any guarantees. I can say that the markup is about .25BTC so I'm guessing that doesn't include shipping, insurance, and clear collectors case.

1.47 with international shipping. Plus customs tax (.1 BTC)

So buying from Deadterra would cost you 1.57 after tax. Plus .03 for the collectible case. Plus insurance if you want packaged insured (.1-.2 BTC).

So 1.7 - 1.8 total plus a 7-10 day shipping time provided it doesn't get held up in customs.

So not a huge difference when you break it down.
MagicBit15

Activity: 294

Let's Start a Cryptolution!!

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 02:17:47 AM

I will be ordering, if OKPAY ever processes my deposits ><!!

Tips for Tips: 1Jy8ZycPNjnwNLevNwoRRqPAKkZ8Fqnukc
I won the poetry contest!! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=219714.40 Thank You, Sir Lambert!!
+5 Rep: Successful Forum Transactions: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=176117.0  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=209024.0 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=233052 Check My Rep!!
rbgrish

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 02:26:08 AM

Newbie: just learned how to serch for memebers or would have posted earlier;
Recieved coins from Nightowlace few days ago: can attest they are pristine,

my first bitcoins: He not only sold me the coins at a good price as I wanted severel since being new to btc. They were packaged well and shipped immediately registered mail.

He is trustworthy  I had no worries about paying first because he took his time to help explain to me how to set up my wallet and how to fund my mt gox acct. when it got approved.

I was having a terrible time even getting  account authorized at mtgox or knowing how to fund it.
It is very reasuring to a newbie like me to know someone I can trust and who was willing to help me get started with things that many just take for granted eveyone already knows, especially after reading so much on here about scammers, thievs and hackers.

I highly recommend Nightowlace, I dont know about whether you can find a better price by .01 or something but you wont find a better source. The price he quotes covers everything to your door and the coins will be exactly as he tells you!

Thank you again; Nightowlace, for your invaluable help and advice, and I promise to pay it foreward.

Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 02:36:25 AM

Newbie: just learned how to serch for memebers or would have posted earlier;
Recieved coins from Nightowlace few days ago: can attest they are pristine,

my first bitcoins: He not only sold me the coins at a good price as I wanted severel since being new to btc. They were packaged well and shipped immediately registered mail.

He is trustworthy  I had no worries about paying first because he took his time to help explain to me how to set up my wallet and how to fund my mt gox acct. when it got approved.

I was having a terrible time even getting  account authorized at mtgox or knowing how to fund it.
It is very reasuring to a newbie like me to know someone I can trust and who was willing to help me get started with things that many just take for granted eveyone already knows, especially after reading so much on here about scammers, thievs and hackers.

I highly recommend Nightowlace, I dont know about whether you can find a better price by .01 or something but you wont find a better source. The price he quotes covers everything to your door and the coins will be exactly as he tells you!

Thank you again; Nightowlace, for your invaluable help and advice, and I promise to pay it foreward.

Hey thanks Rick! Glad to see you on this forum! Hope you're finding a lot of useful information here. I agree a lot of people just take "knowing" about bitcoin for granted. I've "known" about bitcoin since 2011 but it wasn't until 2012 when I finally had a friend walk me through it that I really started to understand bitcoin.

Growing the community and economy of bitcoin is what will bring us longevity and sustainability.

All I ask is that you share your knowledge with others who seek it.
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 02:40:26 AM

I will be ordering, if OKPAY ever processes my deposits ><!!

I hear that! I used to sell coins via PayPal, WU, cash in person, but the lag in deposit time was killing me. By the time I got the money on the exchange the price had doubled.

Now I keep a little cash on the exchange to cover the occasional WU or cash in person order I get. Hopefully one day it will get easier.

Just shoot me a PM and let me know whenever you're ready.
lagmo

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 11:44:46 PM

BTW its Deadterra

I stand corrected, DT really should update the site though...

Still waiting on package from Nightowlace, tracking says it's reached NY so won't be long now  Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: