Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:52:30 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what will bitcoin be worth in 5 years {2020} ?  (Read 10840 times)
Junko
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 06:40:03 PM

Well, in 5 years from this thread's OP, it will actually be the year 2022. Given the current rate and barring any yet unforseen negative news, negative technichal issues or other catastrophic events, my exhuberent amateur guess would be in the neightborhood of $10K. There will be the ineviteble corrections along the way, but in general, it seems to me that the upwards trend will continue.

As far as the bitcoin price in 2020, consider that the next halvening is estimated to occur sometime that summer. Also, the 2020 summer Olympics will be held in Japan and as we all know, bitcoin is now an accepted form of currency there. It can be expected bitcoin will be getting more publicity and coverage.
Biggapp

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 06:41:43 PM

By 2020 I expect as well predict the price will be sitting closer to $5000 or above $5000. The reason is that by 2018 a good price increase is expected as more and more Countries have been coming into digital currency development. Along with this by 2020 a halving takes place so sure a next price increase is assured. So the price reaching $5000 has got increased chance.

i hope see it above 5K usd dude

yes you are by the year 2020 bitcoin will be above 5k$ as looking at the increasing price of bitcoin in this year indicate that the price of bitcoin will be very high in the coming years and the acceptance of bitcoin by the some countries also stabilize the price of bitcoin, so in my opinion i think it will cross 7k or 8k $ in 2020.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 06:53:04 PM

I strongly believe that the level of growth that we have experienced is for the major part due to the global demand that has increased. Another part, which is something that will always ties itself to Bitcoin, is the speculation aspect that at this point accounts for 10-20% of current levels. I am a firm believer of Bitcoin, and will continue holding the majority of my coins, while alongside that I try to do some occasional trading to benefit from the fluctuations.
Bitcoinsummoner

Activity: 1372
Merit: 623

Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 07:01:29 PM

After block halving on 2020 we will see a large movement of the price and i think like other said $5,000 but i think more of that price that we can see after the block halving happen.. since the source of bitcoin or the block rewards was reduce the price will be change because of the demand and supply that can affect almost double the price of the present price or more..  this is just my own speculation..

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 07:11:16 PM

By 2020 I expect as well predict the price will be sitting closer to $5000 or above $5000. The reason is that by 2018 a good price increase is expected as more and more Countries have been coming into digital currency development. Along with this by 2020 a halving takes place so sure a next price increase is assured. So the price reaching $5000 has got increased chance.
We are already about to hit $3000 in 2017 and in next 3 years you are expecting only $2000 growth. It means those remaining 40% growth will take three and half years ? I do not think so. by 2020 bitcoin must be having value in 5 digits. Yes, I am expecting price to reach some unimaginable levels in coming years. Like Paypal directors speculate bitcoin may reach even one million dollar levels too by the year 2020.
creative~mind

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 10:26:33 PM

If Bitcoin go on a steady pace, I would say at least $ 10,000. But things change fast in the crypto space, and significant changes in the ecosystem would lead me to make a price correction.

⚪ Byteball (https://byteball.org/)     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608859.0)          TELEGRAM (https://t.me/byteball)          TWITTER (https://twitter.com/ByteballOrg)          MEDIUM (https://medium.com/byteball)          SLACK (https://slack.byteball.org/)          REDDIT (https://www.reddit.com/r/ByteBall/)
Parsa1

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 01:31:28 PM

Big investors are buying and keeping BTC for long term. Every day many 1000 people from India and other places are buying small amount of BTC.
There will be only 21 mln btc available for the whole world ! If 10 mln people own 2 BTC each than no BTC left for the marked. So what do you think the price will be ? the price will be so high that if I tell you , you will laugh. Like wall street people laughed when I told them in 2011 that the price of BTC will be 70 USD soon. No one believed me. The price will be so much that you can not imagine now. if you have small children, buy 1 BTC for each than you will cover their Harvard expenses plus a house and still some mln Satooshi left. In future 1 Satoshi will be 1 USD. To own 1 BTC in future is luxury. No one call it Bitcoin but Satooshi. Yes you are right. 1 BTC will be 100 mln USD in 20 to 30 years time. We are in the beginning of BTC era.

South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 06:19:08 PM

I think by that time the price will double at least one more time so we will be looking at prices above 5000 and that are very close to 6000, it is impressive how fast things can chance in the world of cryptocurrencies, not long time ago the all time high of 1300 seemed to be impossible to reach and then it seems we are never going to see that price again.
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 09:51:21 PM

It will hit 10000 BTC/usd rate Wink Just buy and hold for future...

HeRetiK
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2111

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 10:30:11 PM

4k, but only because we'll be in a bear market after whatever ATH 2017 still holds in store. Things will get really crazy in 2021 when the 2020 halving makes itself felt.
IamHigh

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 11:32:35 PM

4k, but only because we'll be in a bear market after whatever ATH 2017 still holds in store. Things will get really crazy in 2021 when the 2020 halving makes itself felt.

So do you believe it could be very similar to 2016 block halving? I mean the results? Remember that bitcoin was $500-600 around 2016 block halving. After that we moved to $1,000 very fast on january 2017. Then we could even come to $2,900 easily 5-6 months later on.
HeRetiK
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2111

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 12:35:30 AM

So do you believe it could be very similar to 2016 block halving? I mean the results? Remember that bitcoin was $500-600 around 2016 block halving. After that we moved to $1,000 very fast on january 2017. Then we could even come to $2,900 easily 5-6 months later on.

My assumption is that the market pressure of block halvings takes about 4-8 months to make itself felt. The block halving of late Nov 2012 started to really show in Mar 2013, the block halving of Jul 2016 started showing in Jan 2017, the block halving of 2020 will probably not show until 2021. It's definitely not the only factor, but it would make sense that the cyclical shift of supply / demand gives the market the final "push" whenever it's ready for a growth phase.
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 01:10:28 AM

My assumption is that the market pressure of block halvings takes about 4-8 months to make itself felt. The block halving of late Nov 2012 started to really show in Mar 2013, the block halving of Jul 2016 started showing in Jan 2017, the block halving of 2020 will probably not show until 2021. It's definitely not the only factor, but it would make sense that the cyclical shift of supply / demand gives the market the final "push" whenever it's ready for a growth phase.
i did seen that as we all expect that july 2016 we will see the big move but didn't happen until jan or feb of 2017 we really seen the big rise now
if the assessment was right we will see it again after 2017 and we will gonna expect much bigger just can't figure it out yet if how much but if
everything went to its direction it can be bigger than we think.
AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 01:38:51 AM
Last edit: July 23, 2017, 01:54:19 AM by AK47-

According to some experts Bitcoin will hit 6 figure price in 5 years. It is definitely hard to digest. But after looking at countries making bitcoin legal one after the other. It might be true. When government officially announces of making something legal. It makes people of that country trust that and make it more popular. Thus, the increase in demand. I see an exponential growth in demand in next 5 years. Indeed not easy to speculate. But we will definitely see an unexpected but a high price.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 01:49:57 AM

According to some experts we will hit 6 figure price in 5 years. It is definitely hard to digest. But after looking at countries making bitcoin legal one after the other. It might be true. When government officially announces of making something legal. It makes people of that country trust that and make it more popular. Thus, the increase in demand. I see an exponential growth in demand in next 5 years. Indeed not easy to speculate. But we will definitely see an unexpected but a high price.
Bitcoin always offers us unexpected things, maybe a few years ago we all did not expect that bitcoin prices would reach like this.
Then we can now speculate that bitcoin prices will increase very significantly in the next 5 years.
DrGuns4Hands

Activity: 910
Merit: 550

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 04:39:55 AM

Expect the unexpected as I always say. Bitcoin offers a lot of worth the value. Even tho the price is decreasing nor increasing it just so happen but as a user I'm used to it in many times. Tho it's not in 5yrs or estimated years, bitcoin is well assured worthy. Just hold it and keep using it.
ultrloa
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 1238

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2017, 05:28:46 AM

According to some experts we will hit 6 figure price in 5 years. It is definitely hard to digest. But after looking at countries making bitcoin legal one after the other. It might be true. When government officially announces of making something legal. It makes people of that country trust that and make it more popular. Thus, the increase in demand. I see an exponential growth in demand in next 5 years. Indeed not easy to speculate. But we will definitely see an unexpected but a high price.
Bitcoin always offers us unexpected things, maybe a few years ago we all did not expect that bitcoin prices would reach like this.
Then we can now speculate that bitcoin prices will increase very significantly in the next 5 years.

I never though before for the price reaching for this currrent rate and maybe we cannot expect on those one would be happen since maybe one day bitcoin would surprise us for the price would reach for 10k $ or evenmore, But let's expect less for that to come up and should not focus on this all the time since their are other coin who can give us more potential profits so better to watch various crypto's alive.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
fabiorem

Activity: 1400
Merit: 347

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 05:47:43 AM

A best question would be: what will satoshis be worth in 50 years?

There's eight zeros in bitcoin. If one satoshi would be one dollar, one bitcoin will be 100 million dollars.

That's I think is for 50 years.

I think in three years one bitcoin will be around 50k.
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 06:04:33 AM

Maybe the price of bitcoin in the year of 2020 will be 10k dollars because as of now the price of bitcoin is 2500 plus and I believe the price before end of this year 2017 will be 5000 dollars so 10k dollars is very possible to happen . Many people for sure buy bitcoin in the next years so the price will increase. For sure many people want to see bitcoin price at 10k or more and for sure if that happen many people become instant millionaire.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 06:34:05 AM

it is still hard to give a certain opinion about bitcoin's future in the long term. even with the scaling debate coming to a conclusion and end.
we can see the growth, the adoption and the price rise that is the effect of these but what future holds is still unpredictable. it is safe to assume that the growth and adoption will continue this way and increase. as a result the price will also rise and then like a circle it will increase the adoption and so on.
by how much, we can not tell. we may see $50K, or we may see $10K

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: